PDA

View Full Version : My neighbor's trailer burned down

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 4th, 2004, 02:26:23 PM
Here's your chance to be real internet detectives, folks.

It all starts with my neighbors, a gal and some guy; we shall call them Marzipan and Fontleroy. Technically there were supposed to be three women living there, but of course the man who's name is on the lease - being the fine upstanding and honest individual he is, had decided to sublease to his 'girlfriend'. Something which is expressely forbidden on the leasing contract.

I don't like Marzipan and Fontleroy (reasons why later), the property manager doesn't like them, and the property owners don't like them. To be brutally honest, these people were the epitome of complete redneck trailer trash. At my last count, there were about 6 cats wandering around the place, a Mazda 626 that was beat up with a hammer sitting out front, an old 70's era pickup in the back, and various sections of the yard fenced off with chickenwire. Neither had jobs, and Marzipan was known to ask for rides to the store so she could cash her foodstamps. Fontleroy however had taken to coming over to my house to bum smokes and soda. It was when he decided to go one step further and ask to use my phone that I flat out told him to go away. I work nights, and was getting tired of being woken up to 'Ma'am, can I borrow some smokes? We're too poor for our own. Oh hey, you got any coke or pepsi in there too? 'Cause if you do, we'd love some.'

Keep in mind now, that Fontleroy was an older heavyset man who walked with a cane. He creeped me out to no end just the way he looked at me.

Marzipan has a son who lives in Birmingham. Two weeks after moving here, I jumped his car battery for him, after which he very kindly told me that 'if there's anything you want, just let me know' *wink wink nudge nudge*. I have a knack for being offered drugs wherever I go, and while I don't do drugs, it seems I'm always being offered some.

Anyways, back to the story.

Both of my neighbors aren't very well liked in my little neighborhood/loose grouping of dwellings, and it was a pretty well-known rumor that there was drug use going on there. I talked to Marzipan once and in my mind, that rumor is very true. She struck me as a late forties pothead extraordinaire. She told me that if I ever wanted to come over and hang out, I could. I never did.

I knew there were troubles with Marzipan and Fontleroy because I talk with the property owners alot; I'm friends with their son who happens to be Akrabbim. When they put up my new mailbox for me, they also boarded my back door up just incase. Such nice people.

Marzipan and Fontleroy were told that they had to leave since they were violating the lease, and true to their nature became hostile, bitching out the property manager over the phone and telling him that he couldn't evict them because the lease wasn't up. And when it was, they'd just renew. Too bad for them the kindly old gentleman who manages the property is a right old cuss and delivered 12 times more expletives back during this phonecall, also that tough <smallfont color=#C0C0C0>-READ THE FAQ?-</smallfont> for them if they try to renew - he wasn't going to let them.

Their lease ended on September 30th.

October 4th, their trailer mysteriously burned down an hour after Marzipan had left. I don't know where Fontleroy is; more than likely with Marzipan. All I know for certain is that a Tuscaloosa county deputy was knocking on my door an hour ago, waking me up from wonderful dreamland (I was dreaming that I was actually in Kinetica; racing and doing all kinds of cool tricks and stuff) to tell me that my neighbor's trailer was on fire. Unfortunately I don't have a camera, so I can't offer any pictures. I might see if Akrabbim can bring his over though, so you all can see the charred remains.

I and most others believe that Marzipan and Fontleroy burned down their trailer rather than have it towed off the property, and having been privy to their behavior and whatnot firsthand, I'm more convinced than anything that that's the case.

So, all you internet detectives, what do YOU think?

edit ~ In lieau (sp?) of this new event, I have just purchased renter's insurance. I don't need some redneck trailertrash bitch unintentionally burning my house down while trying to get out of having to move her trailer off the property.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 4th, 2004, 02:30:40 PM
It sounds pretty likely.

Charley
Oct 4th, 2004, 02:31:59 PM
I can attest that these people are definitely shifty and horrible white trash. There's really nothing I'd put past these folks.

Lady Vader
Oct 4th, 2004, 02:45:42 PM
Um, yeah, in light of their past behavior and what not (from your explaination), I'd say they burnt the trailer down. Probably their way of getting back at Akrabbim's parents and making them pay for the mess. :\

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:12:52 PM
Were the firemen cute? ;)

And, if it was arson, they'll probably find out shortly. And Ak's parents are :cool

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 4th, 2004, 07:04:51 PM
Forged in fire, bred in the flames of destruction, I bring you Marzipan (I love that name ^_^), Skeletor's new playmate. I'd been talking about getting him a buddy for a while because I can't be home all the time to play with him. Now Skeletor just needs to learn how to share and be nice.

imported_Marcus
Oct 4th, 2004, 07:42:16 PM
Awww, how cute. Bring it to The Brick With Fur, so he may eat it.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Oct 4th, 2004, 10:41:42 PM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
Forged in fire, bred in the flames of destruction, I bring you Marzipan (I love that name ^_^), Skeletor's new playmate. I'd been talking about getting him a buddy for a while because I can't be home all the time to play with him. Now Skeletor just needs to learn how to share and be nice.

given what we've seen of Skeletor, seems to be a complete opposite to him therefore they'll be fur a' flying I wager.....

Charley
Oct 5th, 2004, 07:37:06 AM
Skeletor is a spoiled primadonna, so naturally he's going to rebel at not being an only child anymore.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:07:49 AM
cute!!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 5th, 2004, 07:39:47 PM
Yay, pics :)

http://www.boomspeed.com/loklorien/trailer1.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/loklorien/trailer2.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/loklorien/trailer3.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/loklorien/trailer4.jpg

Here's a bonus Skeletor picture for your troubles:
http://www.boomspeed.com/loklorien/newskeletor.jpg

And the newest addition to the household, Mum-Ra:
http://www.boomspeed.com/loklorien/kitten1.jpg
(Turns out that Ak was wrong, and it's a little boy, so I've decided to go with 80's cartoon villains for names to use)

Charley
Oct 6th, 2004, 07:04:38 AM
Haha yes :cool

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 6th, 2004, 09:01:45 AM
Score! I still remember what it was Mum-ra would say beofre he got all beefed up to fight the Thundercats.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 6th, 2004, 09:58:09 AM
Female cats are NOT nice to male cats. You can have a few male cats, and one will maintain pack order. They'll chase each other now and then, but they're not normally outright mean.

Silus Xilarian
Oct 6th, 2004, 12:25:22 PM
I'm bringing the bear over. >D

Zasz Grimm
Oct 6th, 2004, 05:38:14 PM
Did my having like 7 cats at my house make you want cats. You seem to be..collecting them now. xP.

I miss my cats. >_<