PDA

View Full Version : Do we have any rules about planetary takeover?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:46:51 AM
I'm only curious, because TSO is doing one now. I'm not witch hunting, but it's in Storytelling, and I thought takeover threads were supposed to be in RPing.

But I could be wrong. I often am.

Darth Viscera
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:22:01 PM
I agree, takeovers are supposed to be really public, so it should be in Roleplaying. (though I can't find the latest fleet rules thread, apart from the clean slate thread in omega outpost. I think we need a sticky or a link to them in the FAQ or something)

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 2nd, 2004, 01:11:44 PM
Always been open. Perhaps since there hasn't been one in a long time TSO might have forgot o_O link?

Darth Viscera
Oct 2nd, 2004, 01:43:05 PM
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36949

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 2nd, 2004, 02:25:53 PM
I thought that the idea was, if takeovers were in public threads, then, for example, K.A. couldn't quietly 'conquer' the known galaxy, without letting other groups participate. An exaggerated situation, of course. KA isn't going to conquer anything.. :mischief

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 2nd, 2004, 04:27:29 PM
all right let me throw a PM to Vega.... oh wait Vega has access here =P well, let me throw one to LV and see what happens.

LD- :p yer of the funneh

TheHolo.Net
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:51:51 PM
Planetary takeovers have been required to be open threads since before we moved to vB for the very reason LD sarcastically stated.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 3rd, 2004, 11:47:22 AM
^_^; yay I'm not crazy :)

Darth Viscera
Oct 4th, 2004, 01:36:37 PM
i moved it to roleplaying, <strike>rasha edited title to remove the "invite only" thingy</strike>.

rasha says:

this is not a take over thread. Nobody is taking over drall, just attacking it. It is being done like this so that TSO doesn't have to take Drall by force.

and LV says:

While TSO will eventually make Drall part of it's empire, I don't agree with it being a planetary take-over.

My understanding of the definition of planetary take-over is you go in, guns blazing, and take the planet by force.

We're not doing that with Drall.

We're making them think they're under attack, and need our help, and so we provide it. Then when they realize they are vulnerable without aid, they ask us if they can join our group of protected planets.

That's definitely not a take-over in my eyes.

and then rasha says:

This thread is mainly for drall to see that they are not a well off at defending themselves as they think they are. And I have never seen a take over where the defenders are also the attackers. Think of this more as a complex way of showing force, helping a fellow planet in the system to see what is in there own best interests, a way of preventing many deaths on both sides, and excuting criminals on death row.

Edit: I put the "Invite only" thing back in the title, untill this is sorted out and we had determind weather or not this is a take over thread.

IMO, it's a takeover, and this sudden move to "oh wait no it's not a takeover actually, so we didn't have to follow the planet takeover rules after all" is just :rolleyes

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 4th, 2004, 02:16:32 PM
It might not be heavy-handed, guns-blazing, etc, but it's a takeover, IMO.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 4th, 2004, 02:31:46 PM
That makes no sense.

We're making them think they're under attack, and need our help, and so we provide it. Then when they realize they are vulnerable without aid, they ask us if they can join our group of protected planets.

That's definitely not a take-over in my eyes. Holy moly, that is exactly what a takeover is.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:32:03 PM
well, I dont have to post this since I got the same PM from LV but yes.. it is a takeover in an unconventional sense. You are forcing the hand that planet is sympathetic to your cause so you don't have to 'take it over'

I agree with everything said thus far

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:06:30 PM
it's not an Imperial Fleet takeover, but "Planetary Takeover" means : transferring a non-aligned planet into your group of protected/owned planets.... so yes it is a 'takeover.'

TheHolo.Net
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:42:46 AM
:lol HaHaHaHa!!!

Okay, I'm done laughing at LV contradicting herself over and over again trying to say it is not a "takeover".

Perhaps we should start using the word conquest instead of takeover, but really it means the same damn thing so I dunno.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 5th, 2004, 03:26:15 PM
pfft semantics :p taking over a planet quietly, sneaking or with a gun is the same thing :p

also, shouldn't that thread be open? Still says invite only

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 5th, 2004, 04:03:03 PM
Thread should be open, I think we've all agreed on that.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 5th, 2004, 05:32:23 PM
gonna fiddle with the thead if it has yet to be fiddled. :)

edit- invite only has been taken away along with a little note saying that it was opened due to our decision and to ask us for any questions if there be any.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2004, 10:29:06 AM
:):thumbup good job

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 6th, 2004, 04:07:31 PM
le sigh

Rasha Vill wrote on Today 04:01 PM:
I Noticed that the (Invite only) has been removed. And I would like to know what the Admin have come to aggreement on. I know that it was desputed that this is a take over thread, but it's not.

It is a complex form of diplomatic negoations. Drall will still be a neutral planet after this is over, due to the fact that not only are the Sith attacking, but we are also defending. This is a Hit to try and make the Republic look bad, and get rid of some people from the sith prisons.

Yes, one of the goals is to improve diplomatic relations with Drall, but that does not make this a Take over thread! Using that logic would meen that any time a member of the senate talks to a non republic diplomat, they are trying to take it over.

I'm sorry if I may seem a bit Peeved about this, but I don't like plans that I have been working on for the last three months thrown down the toilet, just because a bunch of admin feel that I am over stepping my bounds as a storyteller, symply because They do not understand what is going on.

There will be a completely diffrent thread where Rasha goes to try and take Drall. It will be done diplomaticly, and the Drall representives will invite people from the Sith, Republic, and the Emipre to lobby for their membership. The take over thread will be comming latter, and will be open. This is just to get Drall seeing that they are not safe being on their own.

So I ask you and your fellow admin, Please do not interfere with my plans. As I see it They are still falling within the rules of the boards.

Thank you for hearing what I have to say.

I still say that if the planet is to become neutral, then it must still be open. I did a similar thing with Bakura- granted LD and I bumped heads =p~ but it was still open for anyone to post into. End result was a planet becoming neutral.

Anything that deals with an entire planet's involvement on a galatic scale be it sith, jedi or neutrality needs to be open.

yes yes? Gonna reply with that long as we agree and with the new pm from the rasha

Darth Viscera
Oct 6th, 2004, 04:10:31 PM
I agree

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2004, 06:38:42 PM
grrr gimme Bakura!! *puts on admiral uniform and butts heads with Dale* Things got a bit tense, but we were mature enough as people and RPer to get things to all work out.

Anyway, that Bakura thread was never finished.

And we're not interfering with any "plans," we're just putting the thread in the forum it should be in. Things involving the destiny of a planet, whether neutral or aligned, should be in the forum that most RPers read. And open for participation if necessary.

Honestly, I don't see anyone else jumping into this thread, because 1. RPing is at an all time low, and 2. no one cares about Drall because it's in the Corellian system anyway.

So... yes, go with that answer, Dale. :) But add "NR and Imperial" into your list of alignments.

[[[[:p and on a personal note, I really don't like the Rasha/Rivin RPer at all. He/She is trashing Chandrila!!! And chosing the planet of a senator who's got a personal reason for wanting to bring the NR down on TSO...well it was bad planning. ;) ]]]

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 6th, 2004, 06:48:53 PM
:: scratches head ::

It wasn't o_O probably because of my depression :( meh anyway...

yes I will add NR etc.. I just was throwing some general stuff out :) I will also add that he/she can add a disclaimer in the opening post about asking Rasha through PM how they can fit if they choose to participate in that thread.

:: gets to writing ::

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2004, 06:58:44 PM
Yeah the disclaimer is a good idea. I use that sometimes myself.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 6th, 2004, 07:24:13 PM
my response

As discussed, the planet will be neutral at the end of that thread to set up for a takeover. We as the staff understand that, but the situation stands that a planet shall have an end result that affects its place in the galaxy.

There was another thread that dealt with Bakura, something that I myself did for similiar purposes, though I just wanted the planet to be neutral for good :) It had to be open because i was forcing the planet into a decision. Due to that, Imperials came in and as much as I disliked it 'messing up my plans' we worked it out and it ended up being fun and interesting and it ended up being neutral in the long run.

So, whether or not the planet is neutral, Imp, NR, Jedi or Sith etc... anything dealing with its own alignment must be open in the RP section for all to read and post to if they so choose. If you wish to have some control, you can tag the opening post to PM you first to discuss how they can fit in but it must be open.

Any other questions or concerns, you know where I am and the rest of the staff :)

Nav~

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2004, 08:23:11 PM
good pm :):thumbup

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 7th, 2004, 03:20:27 PM
thankies :)

Rasha will be showing that reply I quoted here to the rest of TSO. I said I dont care. They have a reason to know what is up too.