PDA

View Full Version : Lost

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 29th, 2004, 07:06:36 PM
Anybody else been watching this? It comes on Wednesday nights at 8PM on ABC. Best new show of the season, IMO. It is about a plane crash that hits on a tropical island. There is about 48 survivors and they find out they aren't alone on the island. It is a great show I recommend watching it. The first two episdoes are shown again on Saturday night as a 2 hour movie. That sets it up great, IMO.

Jedieb
Sep 29th, 2004, 08:21:06 PM
Damn, I missed it. I really wanted to watch it. Damn Yankees! ;) I hope this thread is around Sat. so I can catch the repeat.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 30th, 2004, 10:22:42 AM
I look forward to this coming on UK TV, purely because Dominic Monaghan is one of the cast members :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 30th, 2004, 11:29:16 AM
OMG this show is so great. :D:thumbup I wish it was two hours every week, without commercials. Can't waaaaait for next week already.

jjwr
Sep 30th, 2004, 11:55:39 AM
I'll have to try and catch it on Saturday, this is definetly something I wanted to see.

Ryan Pode
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:31:50 PM
I was skeptical of it, but I saw it TiVo'd at someones house, and its not bad.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 13th, 2004, 12:47:06 PM
This is going to be playing on ABC on Wednesday night - the two hour pilot, that is. They're going to be re-running while they finish up the last 13 episodes for the rest of the year.

I have to say that this show has me practically on the edge of my seat while I'm watching it. I cried when I thought Charlie was dead - they really SOLD his death, I was sure he was - and I can't wait to see what's happened to Claire, and WHAT Locke and Boone have discovered!! I can't wait until mid-January!!!

Figrin D'an
Dec 13th, 2004, 05:07:34 PM
I've been watching it... it's a good show. I'm not real big on JJ Abrams' other major show, Alias, but I'm enjoying this one. It's proving to be a pretty good cast. I like how just about every show has had a focus on a different character thusfar.

I'm looking forward to watching the first episode again, because I'm sure there are a lot of little things that will now make sense, having seen more of the story.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 13th, 2004, 05:46:21 PM
Any theories on what's going on on the island?

mine:
It could be the end of the world, and Claire's baby is the anti-christ. Or maybe the "others" on the island like Baby Soup!

I've heard the rumor that Ethan is the French woman's son, although I don't know about that. She said that she'd killed the people who came with her, and he couldn't have been born on the island as he'd only be 16ish then.

But perhaps they worship the monster on the island and Claire is going to be a sacrifical offering!?

Figrin D'an
Dec 13th, 2004, 06:17:01 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Any theories on what's going on on the island?

mine:
It could be the end of the world, and Claire's baby is the anti-christ.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were something grandiose like that, not after watching some of the storylines Abrams has developed for Alias. I kind of hope it's not that, but we'll just have to wait and watch. I do agree that the "psychic" that Claire went to knew that the plane was going to crash, which is why he convinced her to go, knowing that she and her baby would either be killed, or they'd be stranded where she would be forced the raise the child, just as he demanded that she do. So, she's obviously a key component in all of this. How it ties in with Ethan's intentions, I don't know. Could be a lot of things.

I'm curious to learn more about Kate as well.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 14th, 2004, 12:31:13 AM
Yeah, like What the Heck did Kate Do!?

I keep thinking that she must of killed someone in self defense.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 14th, 2004, 01:45:07 PM
I know it is a great show. I think there are several others on the island. Ethan is just one, is he Alex?? I don't know. It is possible he was a boy make 5 or 6 when she brought him and now he is in his 20's. Yeah the last episode was incredible I thought Charlie was dead too. I am curious to see what Locke and Boone found I am not entierly sure what is.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 14th, 2004, 03:23:46 PM
I need to re-watch, because I don't remember her saying that Alex was her son. I thought Alex and some other guy were on the expedition with her, and she shot them both with the shotgun. Allegedly.

And Ethan looks like he's 35/40, not in his twenties. At least, to me.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 14th, 2004, 10:53:17 PM
She said Alex is her child never specified a gender. He looks late 20's to me. Still he may not be Alex especially since she didn't say Alex is her son but child. We have no clue who Alex is.

Jinn Fizz
Dec 15th, 2004, 10:04:49 PM
I'm totally and completely hooked on this show...it's the first time in years I've watched a show that's been "appointment TV," and I haven't missed a moment yet.

The ending of the episode a couple weeks ago, when Hurley told Jack that someone in the group was not on the manifest, and therefore not on the plane, was the best ending of an episode yet, at least since the episode when we found out Locke had been a paraplegic before the crash. I literally let out a yelp when that happened, it's great stuff. :crack

Sayid is my favorite character so far, he's just incredibly fascinating. I'm going to have to watch the ep with him and the French woman again when they rerun it, since I actually got kind of lost in the conversation about Alex, her husband, and what exactly happened to all of them. Plus, what made that ep extra fun for me is that's the first time I've seen Mira Furlan in anything since Babylon 5. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 18th, 2005, 05:53:54 PM
Can someone please tell me what happened at the end of last Wednesday's episode? Our DVR cut off the last two minutes or so, and so the last thing I saw was Locke asking Boone why he didn't have any blood on his clothes if he was holding his step-sister while she died.

Figrin D'an
Jan 18th, 2005, 06:44:17 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Can someone please tell me what happened at the end of last Wednesday's episode? Our DVR cut off the last two minutes or so, and so the last thing I saw was Locke asking Boone why he didn't have any blood on his clothes if he was holding his step-sister while she died.

Boone looked at his cloths, and seeing that Locke was right (no blood), he got confused, saying that it had to have been real. Locke then pointed out his step-sister, who was nearby with another group of people, alive and well. Locke then revealed that he had given Boone an experience, not unlike the one he himself had, to free Boone from what was holding him back and eating away at him. Boone was pretty angry, but the conversation turned to the island, and how Locke felt that the "hatch" they found in the jungle was connected to the the "monster" and other occurances.

That's about it. In typical "Lost" style, it left the whole thing open ended, so every time we think we know something, it tosses some new questions at the audience.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 18th, 2005, 11:33:12 PM
Yeah very open ended. I still am not sure about Locke. At one minute I think he is a good guy the next bad up to know good. I have no idea where they are taking this character. Still a great show can't wait for tomorrow night

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 19th, 2005, 01:16:53 AM
Yeah I guess the kid almost gets eaten by a polar bear... *rubs hands together evilly* I'm so addicted to this show. ^_^;

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:50:44 PM
Okay my theory here I think the kid will be saved by Locke and his father will trust him. I think what is going on is a Lord of the Flies thing Locke being the crazy mad one in that book. And Jack the good kid. That is completly my theory so we will have to see what will happen.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 19th, 2005, 07:13:33 PM
I guess I should read Lord of the Flies. :p

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:39:30 PM
Yeah there is defintely some of the book's themes in this show. Still I read the book anyway the book is a classic, IMO.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:43:20 PM
I haven't seen yesterday's episode yet. Can't wait to see it tonight. :D *huggles my DVR*

Edit: Ok so now Boone is like Locke's little 'yes' man? And Walt... makes things happen. So we have a demon baby in the hands of Them on the island, Claire has returned (I'm assuming she doesn't have the baby any more) and Walt makes things happen. I wish I still had the episode recorded where they shot the polar bear, because if Walt was reading that comic book (concentrating heavily on it, trying to decipher the Spanish) then ...we'd have some sort of a connection.

And next week is a re-run! Oh the inhumanity of it all!

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:47:37 AM
I know I hate next week is a re-run have to wait two weeks to find out what happened with Claire. With Walt that is an interesting development makes you wonder about the island more. About Boone yeah he is becoming creeper which makes me wonder more about Locke.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 6th, 2005, 07:13:08 PM
Okay for those not on the east coast this is a spoiler Boone is the one that died. The episode was a tear jerker especially with the birth of Claire's baby happening at the same time. Now things are going to get dicey with the way the previews looks, I think Locke is going to be hated by the rest of them, we will have to see what happens next.

imported_Taala
Apr 6th, 2005, 07:16:33 PM
FRACKING SPOILER CODE AUGHHHHH!

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 6th, 2005, 07:17:24 PM
Carr, you're officially on my "not cool" list. :verymad

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 6th, 2005, 07:21:16 PM
Agg I am so sorry I noticed it like five minutes after I posted it I am not sure how the heck I did that. I am incredibly sorry I spoiled it for anybody.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 6th, 2005, 07:59:25 PM
^_^; i forgive you. :) I would have fixed it myself except I didn't want to read more than I had already.

Jedieb
Apr 6th, 2005, 08:25:57 PM
Great episode tonight. I've missed a lot of these. This is a show made for DVD. As soon as that first season is available I'm getting it. I never thought this premise could work, but it's been one of the best shows of the season.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 6th, 2005, 10:37:59 PM
I am glad LD I am still very sorry for doing it, I wish I had noticed it sooner. That is the first time I had ever done that with spoilers. And yeah Jedieb it is strange how big this show has become. It is really something like 24, another cult hit, although that took 2 years to get the raitings it is has now (top 25 show). I think what helps Lost is the great character development it makes people more interested.

Jinn Fizz
Apr 6th, 2005, 10:45:42 PM
This show, along with Battlestar Galactica, is appointment television. Won't even answer the phone when either of these shows is on.

Tonight's episode was terrific...I've never been a big Boone fan, but I still found the whole drama behind his dying to be compelling, and the scene at the end where Shannon saw him was so well done it actually made me :cry . Knowing this show, though, we haven't seen the last of Boone, he'll be back in flashbacks, and no doubt he'll haunt the island the way Jack's father does sometimes. And the birth of Claire's baby was a nice counterpoint to Boone's death, and I can't help but wonder if she's going to end up naming the baby Boone o_O .

The preview for the rest of the season looks like things are definitely going to hit the boiling point very soon. Although I sure didn't like the looks of Locke falling backwards after being shot--Locke and Sayid are my favorite characters, and I really don't want to see anything happen to either of them. :\

My copy of the DVD set is already reserved at Amazon. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 6th, 2005, 11:03:56 PM
From what I have read Locke isn't going anywhere. I am not sure about the shooting part might just get wounded. They are suppose to answer some stuff involving the island, the monster and probably the Hatch. Not sure how much they will reveal though

Jinn Fizz
Apr 7th, 2005, 06:52:11 AM
Locke is ultimately too popular a character to jettison anytime soon, methinks...from what I've read at different places, he's one of the most popular characters overall, and I think there would be a riot if they killed him off.

Terry O'Quinn deserves an Emmy for the work he's done on this show, particularly after last week's episode with Locke's father.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 7th, 2005, 11:48:13 AM
This episode was unbelieveably good. And horrible! But I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the Hatch has made Locke invincible and able to heal people so that he can bring Boone back from the dead.

From the teaser for next week it looks like Locke shows up during the funeral for Boone. And then the mystery of his legs going numb again... will he be 'healed' again, or what?

And Jinn, I was thinking that the baby might be names Boone as well. Of course, i'm slightly surprised the little guy doesn't have horns.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 7th, 2005, 04:52:22 PM
Well I am not sure what will happen with the Hatch, my theory has been the island has hosted scientists doing crazy experements, perhaps going back to WW2. Not sure if they are still on the island, but I bet their descendents are, and I think Ethan was one of them. That is just my theory, I am curious to see how that works. out. As for Locke I think he is safe not sure what is going to happen in the final hours.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 7th, 2005, 05:03:36 PM
I heard that the "answers to all our questions" does not include the reason why the flight crashed in the first place.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 7th, 2005, 05:15:20 PM
Well I am not surprised about that, I figure that is something they might not know for some time.

Figrin D'an
Apr 7th, 2005, 05:44:58 PM
The episode that has plagued me for quite a while is the one about Hurley and his mysterious good luck/bad luck numbers. I've found several interesting things about the series of numbers, but I'm not sure that any of them is the actual significance the show's creator was going for.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 7th, 2005, 06:30:44 PM
Yeah, or Walt and him being able to 'make things happen' aka win at backgammon every single time, or cause birds to fly into windows because he was concentrating on them in a book. Too many unanswered questions!

I'd be surprised if we get anything more than just another tease about the numbers at this point. They seem to be a major plot point and I doubt they'll resolve that this season. Unless it just opens up another box full of questions for the viewers.

And let's not forget: Jack's MARRIED?? whaa??

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 8th, 2005, 09:48:59 PM
Yeah that came out of nowhere I first though he was going to leave her at the altar. Now I guess we will find out what happens to their marrage later probably next season.

Jinn Fizz
Apr 8th, 2005, 10:58:18 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Yeah that came out of nowhere I first though he was going to leave her at the altar. Now I guess we will find out what happens to their marrage later probably next season.

The scene at the altar was brilliantly done, when Jack was fumbling with his vows...I thought for sure he was leading up to saying, "I'm sorry, I just can't do this," then it led up to something totally opposite of what I was expecting. It was a terrific moment. :)

Figrin, about Hurley's numbers...there's a short article in the new TV Guide having some fun speculation that all those numbers were retired by the Yankees "in honor of Lou Gehrig, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Whitey Ford, Don Mattingly, and Jackie Robinson." One of the exec producers is a huge Yankees fan (I wiill forgive him for this, since the show is so damn good :)), but he said that this little factoid has absolutely nothing to do with the meaning behind the numbers.

I'm just irritated that we're going into reruns again and won't get a new episode until May 4th, bleh. But at least the season finale will be 2 hours long, and I'll be counting on one heck of a cliffhanger. It will be kind of hard for anyone to top Battlestar Galactica's cliffhanger season ender, but if any show has a chance to do it, Lost certainly does. :)

Jinn Fizz
Apr 11th, 2005, 08:41:27 PM
Here's a funny article for all you Lost fans:

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2788

:lol

Sasseeri Reeouurra
Apr 11th, 2005, 10:21:09 PM
The link doesn't work for me :(

Jinn Fizz
Apr 12th, 2005, 07:28:09 AM
That's completely bizarre...that exact link works just fine at Rotten Tomatoes, I have no idea why it doesn't work here. :\

I'll try it again for the heck of it:

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2788

If that doesn't work, go to SomethingAwful.com, click "search site," then put in "beginner's guide to lost," and it will give you a link to the article.

EDIT: Okay, looks like the link is working now in this post, dunno how to explain that one... :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 12th, 2005, 10:12:42 AM
lol that was great. :D

http://lost-forum.com/showthread.php?t=5305 <--- I'd re post this, but I'm too lazy. I thought it's an interesting thought that the books that Saywer is reading could tie into the ultimate plot of the show. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 30th, 2005, 03:15:58 PM
http://www.asiansinmedia.org/news/article.php/television/914 Lost is coming to the UK during the summer. :)

Jedi Master Carr
May 18th, 2005, 07:42:31 PM
Only one episode left cool episode tonight that french woman is creepy loved that line heh. So The Black Rock is a ship, that is cool, it looks like this island has been attracting different people over the years, somehow the Others are connected to this. It was really neat to see the raft set sail, I wonder what will happen to it? Overall a great episode, can't wait for the second part

Jinn Fizz
May 19th, 2005, 08:54:37 PM
Last night's episode was wonderful. Such terrific individual scenes...Jin breaking down crying and apologizing to Sun...Sawyer telling Jack about meeting Jack's father...Walt giving Vincent to Shannon...one of the best episodes of the season, for sure.

Two whole hours next week, holy cow, can't wait to see what cliff they'll leave us hanging off of. :rollin

Jedi Master Carr
May 25th, 2005, 10:55:51 PM
So what do you all think of the finale? First Arnst goes out with a bang, I didn't see that coming. I think we learn more about the monster. I think it is a machine of some sort you can hear mechanicle rumblings. Then there is the Others, those wierd guys at the end got to be them or at least some of them. And they wanted Walt maybe all along, the question is why? And what happened to Sawyer I think he was only wounded but still. Man, what a cliffhanger. The only disapointment was the Hatch, they blow it open to find broken stairs, I guess we will have to wait till next season to find out what is down there.

Jinn Fizz
May 25th, 2005, 11:38:26 PM
Holy crap, that was one heck of a finale...2 terrific hours of television. No fair that we have to wait until September to see how things work out.

I was literally on the edge of my seat when the little boat with what turned out to be The Others showed up in response to the flare. I was just about yelling along with Michael as the boat took off with Walt. As someone at Rotten Tomatoes said, this was a classic bait-and-switch thing...everyone was so concerned about little Aaron (and you just know that name isn't arbitrary, considering the title of this episode was "Exodus") that no one ever stopped to think that "the boy" that The Others were after was actually Walt. Yikes!

The flashback scenes were all great in this episode, especially Locke's and Jin's scenes. And the last extended flashback of everyone getting settled in for the flight was extremely bittersweet, everyone's last moments of normality and sanity before their worlds fell apart. :(

It sure seems as if the "monster" is something mechanical, but what's up with the dark shadow things? There's obviously more there than meets the eye....

My only minor complaint is that it was highly predictable that the episode ended with them looking into the hatch...interesting to see the broken ladder, though, and it still does whet our appetite to try to figure out over the summer just what the heck might be down there.

Oh, and "You've got some Arzt on you" was probably the best line in the episode. Hurley rules. :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
May 25th, 2005, 11:47:59 PM
I love Hurley!

and I KNEW they were after Walt. He's "special" after all. Loved the episode. TERIFFIC.

I hope Sawyer is all right. And I'm glad Arzt died, he was fricking annoying. :)

Jinn Fizz
May 26th, 2005, 10:26:43 PM
Okay, this is kinda clever: :)

http://www.oceanic-air.com/

Lilaena De'Ville
May 27th, 2005, 11:42:33 AM
:) That's great!

There's a web page for the band Driveshaft, too.

Jinn Fizz
May 28th, 2005, 05:28:24 PM
Tip for the Oceanic Air website...on the home page, where it says "travellers," and there's 6 boxes...put in the legendary numbers (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42), and you'll get a seating chart for Flight 815. Just watch it, click around, and you'll start seeing some fun stuff happening. Sometimes character's seats will turn green, you click on 'em, and you get little treats for clicking on them. Also, click the row numbers in order (the same 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42), and you'll see a little trailer for season 2, then you'll get bumped to another website dedicated to the show. :)