PDA

View Full Version : The capture of Drall.

Rasha Vill
Sep 28th, 2004, 03:02:06 PM
As most of you may know, we have a plan to capture Drall. This will be the thread discussing the RP found Here (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36949)

As to refresh peoples memories of The RP thread where Rasha brought up the plans (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36115) to take over Drall here is the basic Run down (Correct me if I'm wrong)

A fleet posing as a Republic fleet will come out of hyperspace, and disable the Vic star, and assualt transports in orbit of Drall.

Republic Landing crafts will be deployed bringing down expendable Republic troops (Really just people from Corellia's prisons).

A few Sith pretending to be Jedi are already on the planet, and will hit the communications array after Rasha (Who is in political discusion with the Drall leaders) gets off a call for help.

A few sith acting as an honor guard for Rasha, will start fighting the attackers

Sith ships come to defend Drall after they get the call for help.

at least Rasha, and the Drall leader's son are injured, and the Drall leader is killed in the fighting.

All expendable troops get killed, and the sith push back or capture all the attacking forces, giving the sith better diplomatic Relations with Drall.

People I know are going:

Rasha (Diplomat)
Samantha (NPC Rasha's assistant)

LV (As honor guard)
Vega (As honor guard)

Random Person (As the Drall Leader and his son)

Southstar (Mock Jedi)
Je'gan (Mock Jedi)
Lorani (Mock Jedi Apprentice)

I don't know how we will do the fleet attack or who will NPC it, but I was thinking that once the fighting starts anybody can NPC the 3 troop transports and the expendables.

We will also need some more sith to come to drall's rescue, and LV mentioned IC that she will choose a few other Sith to be honor guards.

So any comments or sith that want to join, post in here. We can find a job for you if you want to join.

AmazonBabe
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:20:13 PM
Vega would be a good one as another Honor Guard.

Forget what I said about:

As for the RP, I'm glad we're getting this underway. It works well with another RP happening in the ST forum where LD has come to Drall to hide from the Jedi.

I think this particular RP, in the timeline, would come before the one LD started. It would coincide with what I said in the LD RP about being careful what we do on Drall as the situation is still delicate.

I hope I made sense with that.

I got mixed up with Drall and Duros. >_<

Rasha Vill
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:23:33 PM
It makes perfect sence... this was supose to happen 10 days IC after the planning thread, but since RL called me away for a bit, this thread is happening now.

I'll add Vega to the list of honor guards... :D

Lady Vader
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:31:00 PM
[Mr. Burns] Excellent. [/Mr. Burns]

FYI... I went ahead and closed this thread indicating it was being continued elsewhere so we don't get more uneeded posts in it: http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36115

Lady Vader
Sep 28th, 2004, 06:11:03 PM
Question... who is going to take care of the ship details?

Shall I get Visc to do it for us? Just inform him to keep it somewhat low-key and not full-blown fleet RP?

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 28th, 2004, 06:27:05 PM
about being careful what we do on Drall as the situation is still delicate.

*scratches head* You sure you don't mean Duros, LV?

Jezreal Darkshard
Sep 28th, 2004, 09:14:38 PM
Wound it be possible for Jezreal or Zereth (But not both) to play a part in this thread?

Rasha Vill
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:02:54 AM
If you want, then yes you could be in it as ether. we still don't have sith to repond to the distress call, or if you want you could be a mock Jedi.

As for the fleets If Visc wants to, he could play both fleets as far as I could care. :D

Lorani T'sava
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:32:18 AM
I'd like Lorani in this thread, either as a mock Jedi, or as Sith coming to deal with the 'trouble'

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:05:09 AM
Honor guard :cool oh yeah

Rasha Vill
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:31:50 AM
Lorani... I'll put you as a Mock Jedi Apprentice, Since it would look bad for the sith to be sending Children into combat.

Rasha Vill
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:31:50 AM
Jez/Zereth Pick which one you want to use, and I'll put them as a sith comming to save them.

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 29th, 2004, 11:21:06 AM
A thought...if you choose Jez, make sure she's doing it on her own initiative or you get the child soldier thing going - Jez is what, fifteen Standard Years?

Southstar
Sep 29th, 2004, 11:28:07 AM
Sounds good, when do we start?

Rasha Vill
Sep 29th, 2004, 11:37:17 AM
The mock Jedi can post when ever they want, But it will be just them getting ready for the attack at this time. I've already posted in the first post of the thread that the Mock Jedi have been on planet for a day already. All I ask is that you don't let your preperations for the attack go too fast and push the diplmat portion too far back in the thread, making us have to read through a sea of posts that have nothing to do with the main active group.

I'll be doing the Diplomat stuff, with LV and Vega, untill we can get the fleets sorted out and somebody excepting the postions as fleet commanders.

Lady Vader
Sep 29th, 2004, 02:51:42 PM
Originally posted by Je'gan Olra'en
*scratches head* You sure you don't mean Duros, LV?

>_< Oh <smallfont color=#C0C0C0>-Censored-</smallfont>. I got the two D's mixed up.

Crap... now i have to go do some major editing. |I

Thanks for catching that, Je'gan. Goodness only knows my brain hasn't been all here as of late. :)

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 29th, 2004, 04:16:39 PM
No problem. I've mixed up my share of stuff lately...one would swear food poisoning went straight to my brain...><

Jezreal Darkshard
Sep 29th, 2004, 04:31:54 PM
Originally posted by Je'gan Olra'en
A thought...if you choose Jez, make sure she's doing it on her own initiative or you get the child soldier thing going - Jez is what, fifteen Standard Years?

Jez is 18 standard years old...and I will be using her and not Zereth.

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 29th, 2004, 04:36:21 PM
*blinks* I coulda sworn we sparred a year ago, and she was fourteen.

Zereth Lancer
Sep 29th, 2004, 04:43:44 PM
nope. when she first joined she was seventeen..... unless I messed up somewhere......

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 29th, 2004, 04:51:17 PM
*shrugs* Comment withdrawn, then.

Darth Viscera
Oct 1st, 2004, 12:24:11 AM
I can use the TSO Naval Officer account to RP a guy with a name I just made up - Commodore Rikov.

I was thinking I'd use some gallofree medium transports, corellian corvettes, and nebulon-b frigates in order to create the look of a rebel fleet (all ships would be using fake rebel ID codes, as I don't think Drall would have any way of confirming the codes), then send in a medium transport on autopilot (it has no crew aboard, but the VSD doesn't know that) that issues a distress call saying its reactor is about to go critical, and it needs urgent technical assistance. The VSD gives the transport permission to dock, and when it does, a proton bomb onboard explodes, engulfing the transport and crippling the VSD. That's the cue for the "rebel fleet" to come into the area firing ion cannons, and finish disabling the VSD.

I have a couple of questions:

Will there be any prominent characters aboard this guy's VSD? Anyone who's relevant to the storyline, or can I just NPC them?

You mentioned assault transports, can you go into more detail? Any other ships other than these assault transports and this VSD?

Does the fake rebel fleet have to be crewed by people who are condemned to death by the state? I would imagine that such people wouldn't know how to pilot a capital ship, or if they did, would be unreliable due to their incarceration and general psychosis of prison people and whatnot.

I'm pretty sure I understand what's going on after reading that other thread, but if someone could give me a brief summary in order to further clarify my part, that would be appreciated.

Rasha Vill
Oct 1st, 2004, 08:47:44 AM
The whole fleet in orbit can be NPCed. There is nobody important there.

As for other ships. The VSD has two squads of Uglies. The assualt transports are just a rag-tag team of transports that have gotten extra armor, extra Sheilds, and extra weapons. Every one is diffrent in what they can do. Make them up as you go.

The ships in the fack rebel fleet, are not condemed to death, just the landing crafts, and the troops that are landing are. Let the ships take a beating, then withdraw. maybe loose one ship.

I'd rather the VSD be intact for the start of the fight. The only destress call that I'm wanting to get out is Rasha's call for help.

Edit: In fact I've already stated that they have gotten a message from the VSD that a Republic fleet has exited Hyperspace and is demanding the surender of the planet. It's time or the action to begin so I will request that people wait for the fleets to post before we move on with the attack.

Darth Viscera
Oct 4th, 2004, 01:47:55 PM
due to the existing rules on planetary takeovers, staff says thread has to be in the roleplaying forum and completely open, please edit title to not have the "invite only" thingy. (I already moved the thread to the roleplaying forum)

Rasha Vill
Oct 4th, 2004, 01:55:39 PM
I've removed the invite only thing, but this is not a take over thread. Nobody is taking over drall, just attacking it. It is being done like this so that TSO doesn't have to take Drall by force.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 4th, 2004, 01:59:57 PM
TSO are assimilating it into their planetary assets, though- and I think that would qualify as a 'take over'.

Darth Viscera
Oct 4th, 2004, 02:01:17 PM
Originally posted by Rasha Vill
I've removed the invite only thing, but this is not a take over thread. Nobody is taking over drall, just attacking it. It is being done like this so that TSO doesn't have to take Drall by force.

okee doke, i'm conveying that to the staff.

Lady Vader
Oct 4th, 2004, 02:05:44 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
TSO are assimilating it into their planetary assets, though- and I think that would qualify as a 'take over'.

While TSO will eventually make Drall part of it's empire, I don't agree with it being a planetary take-over.

My understanding of the definition of planetary take-over is you go in, guns blazing, and take the planet by force.

We're not doing that with Drall.

We're making them think they're under attack, and need our help, and so we provide it. Then when they realize they are vulnerable without aid, they ask us if they can join our group of protected planets.

That's definitely not a take-over in my eyes.

Rasha Vill
Oct 4th, 2004, 02:11:55 PM
This thread is mainly for drall to see that they are not a well off at defending themselves as they think they are. And I have never seen a take over where the defenders are also the attackers. Think of this more as a complex way of showing force, helping a fellow planet in the system to see what is in there own best interests, a way of preventing many deaths on both sides, and excuting criminals on death row. :D

Edit: I put the "Invite only" thing back in the title, untill this is sorted out and we had determind weather or not this is a take over thread.

Rasha Vill
Oct 6th, 2004, 10:55:17 PM
I have an Update on this thread. I've been talking with Navaria Via PM, and this is the outcome of the admin about this thread.

Navaria Tarkin wrote on Today 06:23 PM:
As discussed, the planet will be neutral at the end of that thread to set up for a takeover. We as the staff understand that, but the situation stands that a planet shall have an end result that affects its place in the galaxy.

There was another thread that dealt with Bakura, something that I myself did for similiar purposes, though I just wanted the planet to be neutral for good :) It had to be open because i was forcing the planet into a decision. Due to that, Imperials came in and as much as I disliked it 'messing up my plans' we worked it out and it ended up being fun and interesting and it ended up being neutral in the long run.

So, whether or not the planet is neutral, Imp, NR, Jedi or Sith etc... anything dealing with its own alignment must be open in the RP section for all to read and post to if they so choose. If you wish to have some control, you can tag the opening post to PM you first to discuss how they can fit in but it must be open.

Any other questions or concerns, you know where I am and the rest of the staff :)

Nav~

Lady Vader
Oct 7th, 2004, 12:02:59 AM
And there it is. At least we have some control over the thread so it doesn't get horribly mucked up.

My only concern was that I didn't want it to get too complicated.

But now that this whole thing has been resolved, lets on with the RP. :)

Rasha Vill
Oct 7th, 2004, 08:49:12 AM
I'm waiting for our fleets to post.

Lady Vader
Oct 7th, 2004, 04:40:38 PM
We'll have to contact Visc about that. He said he needed a bit more clarification on what was expected of him.

Since you seem to be the pretty brains behind this whole venture, would you mind PMing him with what he needs to do?

Rasha Vill
Oct 7th, 2004, 05:34:50 PM
Already done that, just waiting for him to see if I've answered all his questions

Dark Lord Rivin
Oct 12th, 2004, 12:48:06 PM
Okay, there has been a change in plans. There will be no fleet fights being RPed instead Random person will be NPCing the fleets as a running comentary from the sensor officer of the ground, and through that we will do the fleet work. I'll get on to the posting soon.

Rasha Vill
Oct 18th, 2004, 09:42:00 AM
HELLO!! IS any body out there or am I just sitting here talking to myself (Wouldn't be the first time). If others would like to post that would be good. as I said before in my last post, we are continung this without Viscera.

Lady Vader
Oct 18th, 2004, 02:38:41 PM
I'll go see who's turn it isto post

Rasha Vill
Nov 2nd, 2004, 04:09:55 PM
I'm just wondering who are we waiting on for the drall thread?

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 2nd, 2004, 04:16:05 PM
LV...or if we're going ahead a bit without her, then possibly me.

Lady Vader
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:30:23 AM
Sorry... been in the UK (still am, actually). Lemme go take a look.

EDIT: Posted. Vega, if you take on Je'gan, I'll go ahead and squash Star :p

As for Lorani, she's got a big kitty to play with. :D

Lorani T'sava
Nov 3rd, 2004, 11:21:18 AM
This will prove interesting. Big kitty's are always fun to play with. :uhoh

AmazonBabe
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:28:04 PM
Je'gan, you fool. No one knew Iesis was on Drall, save for LV and the Mayor.

And now you're warning Lorani about it? AHEM! :mad

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 6th, 2004, 03:22:09 AM
Originally posted by Lady Vader
Vega, if you take on Je'gan,

roger roger posting asap

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 6th, 2004, 09:02:12 AM
Originally posted by AmazonBabe
Je'gan, you fool. No one knew Iesis was on Drall, save for LV and the Mayor.

And now you're warning Lorani about it? AHEM! :mad

Oops.

Edited. He's encountered large cats before, though, and knows his way around their minds, so I figure the extent that I edited is OK. Or is it?

Lady Vader
Nov 8th, 2004, 07:56:29 PM
It's fine. I'll work around it. >D

Rasha Vill
Jan 14th, 2005, 06:00:57 PM
I've got the Drall thread moving again, and I'm moving to bring it to a close. I've had the renforcment arive from Corellia and I think we now need some sith to land and help exterminate the fake NR Troop. Or should we just have a bunch of CorSec troops land to kill off the NR Troops, and have The Jedi run after the govenor is killed and the others in the control room are injured.

I was thinking that now that the NR troops are flowing into the battle ground with the sith, Je'gan or Southstar could make a bolt for the command room.

Jezreal Darkshard
Jan 14th, 2005, 09:08:53 PM
Cool, I'll have Jezreal storm in with the 'real' corellian fleet.