PDA

View Full Version : I hate webtv.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 28th, 2004, 12:15:19 PM
(BANNED SKLDJFKDFI Jerk) * Ardath Bey [edit] [find posts by user] [find more ips for user]
* HFunk [edit] [find posts by user] [find more ips for user]
* Zarell Karna [edit] [find posts by user] [find more ips for user]

^ newer accounts. Might be the same person. I don't know for sure because of webtv's lame AOLesque proxying system.

Shawn
Sep 28th, 2004, 12:24:59 PM
I've been watching HFunk's posts. He seems pretty authoritative for someone who just joined the forums. But then again, that's not uncommon.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 28th, 2004, 03:22:59 PM
He reminded me of Gabran Darkysa, although I can't remember if he used webTV or not. Haven't looked it up, at work I can never get the mod page to load quickly. :(

TheHolo.Net
Sep 28th, 2004, 06:56:40 PM
Yeah, I thought it might be dizzy when I first saw HFunk, but saw the webtv thing and about pulled out my hair. webtv makes it nearly impossible to know for sure if it is the same person or not.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 29th, 2004, 02:39:32 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
He reminded me of Gabran Darkysa, although I can't remember if he used webTV or not. Haven't looked it up, at work I can never get the mod page to load quickly. :(

Gabran = Ardeth Bay, no?

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 29th, 2004, 02:51:50 AM
Yeah I think he was, now that you mention it. Darn apprentices of mine ALWAYS run off.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:22:19 AM
I'm confused.

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=687081#post687081

Posts 90/91. Same person, no? Why two posts like that o_O

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:52:14 AM
Originally posted by Zarell Karna
Well, finances and the ecomony is quite a complicated endeavor to explain and was beating my brain for a good ten minutes. How about you explain to me deficit financing, recession, national debt, securities, government spending and revenues, bonds, treasury bills, inflation, and GDP? Did I leave anything out, Charley? You are taking classes on the similar subjects. AH HA

"I have you now." - Darth Vader

I would bet my last dollar that this is Ardeth Bay/Gabran Darkysa.

Shawn
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:10:13 PM
Damning, but not conclusive. I'm trying to think of a way to find out for sure. PMing him seems like an option, but I'm all out of flypaper at the moment.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:17:00 PM
well there's an easy way. Ask him. He's already eluded to talking to Charley at Meras, which Gabran/Ardeth Bay used to do. He is *not* a new user.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:50:37 PM
Yeah, I am pretty sure its him but proof is needed before a re-ban can occur.

Shawn
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:16:54 AM
If he's trying to evade us, asking him will only prove that we don't know for sure. Does anyone know where Ardeth Bay lives? That seems like a much more subtle way of connecting the two.

... can we just ban WebTV addy's and tell them to get a real ISP? :(

imported_Eve
Oct 3rd, 2004, 09:03:13 AM
Looks like he is on the way for banning, anyway. I had already warned him in the Election 2004 thread for language usage, and for flaming (which was not really a flame IMO - but they were getting bent out of shape). See post #196 for my warning.

I see again he has insulted. See post #223. He implies Marcus has no life as a reply from Marcus saying "Brian is 100% correct", which he took as an insult??? I don't see how anyone else insulted him directly.

I thought I would send the following warning through PM:

------------------

RE: Warning 10/3/04

Please be advised that you have committed a violation of FAQ section V.L.3. I have previously warned you for your conduct in the thread named "Election 2004" (see post #196) for language and flaming. Again in post #223 (of the same thread) you have flamed another poster.

This will be your final warning. This is not up for discussion. If you can not abide by this community's rules, you will be banned.

Thank you for your cooperation.

------------------

On a side note, the FAQ says Political Discussions are not tolerated in the OOC forum. I know they're usually in the BO forum, but it seems that there are enough political topics to possibly warrant a forum when we do changes after EP III comes out. I would say lets never allow these topics, but it gets people participating and most people can follow the rules, even if barely in these situations. These threads get pretty nasty, but they get participation.

Anyway, are you guys cool if I send this PM? I'm sure he'll get himself banned, then situation taken care of.

Shawn
Oct 3rd, 2004, 09:31:11 AM
Send away.

And as far as political discussions go... I don't they come up often enough to support a whole forum. I think we can allow political discussions, with one caveat: If you can't control yourself, you will get banned.

imported_Eve
Oct 3rd, 2004, 09:58:11 AM
Okay, I went ahead and sent PM. I figured no one would mind, given the previous discussion here and in the other mod forum.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 3rd, 2004, 10:48:19 AM
Wow, I read that thread. What a fuckass.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:43:46 AM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Wow, I read some of that thread. What a fuckass. Modified a bit for my purposes.

imported_Eve
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:46:31 PM
Update: he read it, but I have gotten no response. Wow, a person who knows not to argue! Did hell freeze over?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2004, 10:30:47 AM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
Out of morbid curiousity, I ran an IP cross-reference on these two names, because I thought I recognized the general posting demeanor, and it appears I did indeed. IPs for these account match Ardath Bey/TCM'74, who was banned about a year ago for his conduct on the boards.

The Admins/mods might want to double check this and potentially take action.

Figrin said that the IPs matched - how did he do this?

Morgan Evanar
Oct 6th, 2004, 01:40:07 PM
Uh, using the mod CP?

I'm 80% certain it is him.

65.151.240.241 new IP, (0-1pool240-241.nas28.los-angeles2.ca.us.da.qwest.net). We know this person is from LA now :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2004, 03:34:14 PM
>_< duh

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Oct 6th, 2004, 07:31:12 PM
I was wondering if you could revoke my banned IP at Meras.Org on request to the administers on my account. I am not going to ask them myself. Thank you, Dale.

an interesting PM from Zarnell.... so if he is banned at meras well...there would be a good reason no? I posted this PM over in admins and going to look for the thread that deals with him if it is there ugh..

Shawn
Oct 6th, 2004, 07:43:36 PM
To me, that's evidence that he's the same screwjob from before. He clearly asked to revoke "my banned IP", not "Hey, I think you guys might have banned my IP range". I'm up for banning his new names/IP. Yes/No?

imported_Eve
Oct 6th, 2004, 07:44:46 PM
Yes

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 6th, 2004, 07:45:33 PM
Aye

Morgan Evanar
Oct 6th, 2004, 07:47:29 PM
AHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAH

<3
Ban.

Shawn
Oct 6th, 2004, 07:49:10 PM
I'm seriously considering disallowing registrations that use an @webtv.net e-mail address.

Edit ~ Damn. Looks like we do have a few WebTV users. Fuckers need to get a goddamn PC. About half the people who've registered with WebTV addy's have since been banned.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 6th, 2004, 08:22:16 PM
hey let's ban all AOL users too!

And yes, ban him again.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 6th, 2004, 10:24:30 PM
should there be an annoucement, well, mainly for the people in group mods that were concerned about this

Shawn
Oct 7th, 2004, 04:44:17 AM
forgot to do that, I'll do it now.