Salem Ave
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:46:48 AM
Xanatos Etanial
Member of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

It always stings...

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-13-2004 04:45 PM Post #1

His eyes slowly flickered open, it had seemed like eternities between the last time they'd opened and now. It very well might have been as far as he knew, the last thing he could recall was... death. His own. An odd feeling for a dead man to die, and now to be thrown back into the world, yet again... it stung, A LOT. It always did, a dull pain in the back of his head, always there when he's died, and came back.

I HAVE to stop doing that...

Sitting up he found himself on a bed, in a rather well ordained room. Other than that his location was... unknown. He stood, and just as quickly stumbled back down, he hadn't used his legs in quite some time. Growling lowly he stood once more, holding himself up using the nearby table. He limped his way out of the room, and down the hall... perhaps he could find some answers.

Add Xanatos Etanial to your buddy list Add Xanatos Etanial to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Xanatos Etanial Click Here to See the Profile for Xanatos Etanial Click here to Send Xanatos Etanial a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 07-13-2004 05:03 PM Post #2

"Mistress Shadana, the guest you brought to live here has awakened and left his room.."

Turning abruptly from the window she had been gazing out on, Razielle barely contained the urge to choke the servant ghoul that had brought her this information. They were supposed to have led Xanatos to her, explaining along the way that the Razielle Shadana he knew looked somewhat different these days. It was supposed to have prepeared him for the sight of her.

"Go, find him! No..nevermind I'll go myself. Begone from my sight lest I let him have at you..."

Razielle rarely snapped at the ghouls that served the Cabal, villagers mostly from the settlement below the keep. For her to do so now was likely from her advanced stage of pregnancy. Any day now she expected her child to arrive. But the pregnancy had required her to stay within the ghoul's body that had been put into this condition by one: Salem Ave. To vacate it for her own immortal flesh would have killed the child.

She could only hope Xanatos would see the resemblance and hear the truth in her voice before he did something violent to her. Razielle found him, meandering his way down the hall from his room. He seemed to be slightly weak and clinging to the wall for support.

"Xanatos.... it's ok. It's Razielle. I found you and brought you to Kirrek. You have a lot of catching up to do, old friend..."

Add Razielle Shadana to your buddy list Add Razielle Shadana to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Razielle Shadana Click Here to See the Profile for Razielle Shadana Click here to Send Razielle Shadana a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Xanatos Etanial
Member of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 07-13-2004 08:26 PM Post #3

Razielle... you say? No. I know Razielle, you are NOT her.

He growled clencing a fist tightly. Then stopped, her... presence, he had been too weak to notice at first, but there it was.

Razzy.......

He rasped slightly, almost a chuckle to his voice.

My, you HAVE changed. Perhaps... you could explain what's happened? To you... to me... to the entire bloody Universe. First things first I suppose... how long?

He wanted, no NEEDED to know how long had passed, his mind demanded the knowledge.

Add Xanatos Etanial to your buddy list Add Xanatos Etanial to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Xanatos Etanial Click Here to See the Profile for Xanatos Etanial Click here to Send Xanatos Etanial a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 07-14-2004 04:14 PM Post #4

"How I came into this state of being will take some time to tell. I am sure you must be more concerned with your own affairs at the moment.. We'll walk until we find you, something suitable to dine on. Along the way I'll explain."

Razielle closed the distance between them and took the arm of her old friend, to steady him as much as herself. This would be a very bad time indeed for any of their enemies to come upon them. Fortunately Razielle had remained on Kirrek for the duration of her pregnancy and no one that was not of the Cabal knew of it. She hadn't even explained her reasons for lingering these last months to the members of the Circle. She was beginning to miss Onderon, if the truth was to be told.

"I was out walking one night, silently listening to the universal heartbeat of our kind. I was trying to separate those of our Blood from the heretics that nearly took apart our great masquearde in their stupidity. In so listening, I locked upon your heartbeat. It was faint and growing fainter even as I listened.."

They strolled idly down long corridors as she finished her tale of how she had located him on Tatooine. He knew the perils of going to such a solar ruled planet. She spoke to him briefly of their pact with the Demoness, Lucidique and her imparted knowledge of how to possess and inhabbit the bodies of mortals. But these bodies that they had stolen had been infused - while still living with Vampyre blood and now they had the strength of Ghouls.

With a blush to her pale cheeks, she explained that being in mortal flesh was how she came into her current state. But that the baby was growing at an excelerated rate and should be born any day now, when in truth only a few months had passed since she had brought him to Kirrek.

"I know its alot, so soon, to understand. You'll feel better after you've eaten."

They came upon one of the servants from the village, she was in a trance like state at the top pf the stairs, waiting instructions from Razielle. But she spoke to Xanatos alone.

"Go...she can be replaced.."

Add Razielle Shadana to your buddy list Add Razielle Shadana to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Razielle Shadana Click Here to See the Profile for Razielle Shadana Click here to Send Razielle Shadana a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Xanatos Etanial
Member of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 07-14-2004 07:05 PM Post #5

I shall take just enough, I do not wish her death.

He stood by himself and motioned for her to come to him. Moving slowly she walked down the stairs to his waiting grasp. Almost cooing he pulled the hair from her neck and nuzzled her.

Such a fine aroma...

He sank his fangs in and slowly fed. A few minutes passed and he released her. Stretching he half flexed a bit, feeling much more energized.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-14-2004 07:12 PM Post #6

Razielle motioned the girl away. Even though the vampyre was encased in mortal flesh, the sight of feeding still made her crave blood. She however fed to kill most of the time, not having any whims about ethics or morale. She was a predator in the truest sense, survival of the fitest. They were prey, nothing more.

"I don't believe you have ever been here before. This is Elysium, now home to the Cabal. We are not so many, but comprised of the strongest remnants of the once great Coven. That includes you Xanatos, if you wish it, this can be home to you as well.."

She truely hoped he chose to stay with them.

Xanatos Etanial
Member of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-14-2004 07:51 PM Post #7

Tell me, Razielle... who consists of this, happy little group?

He spoke nonchalantly, his eyes wandering, looking through the hallways as if searching.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-14-2004 08:08 PM Post #8

"Some that you know, some that may be new to you.. I'm not certain if you've been introduced to my fledgling, Salem Ave? He is definately one that you would recall, leaves an impression, that one.. "

Razielle smiled wondering just how long it would take her love to notice the now awakened presence strolling about their home. Not long she should think.. Glancing down at her swollen stomach, she thought it was going to get mighty crowded in Elysim soon, good thing it was a big place!

Xanatos Etanial
Member of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 07-14-2004 08:12 PM Post #9

He strolled to a window and glanced outwards at the darkened sky.

Quite lovely... You seem to have done well for yourself Razielle. Very well indeed.

Turning to face her he smiled.

As for the gracious invitation, I believe I shall accept. I've wandered on my own for a long time, far too long in fact, I've missed the... company.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-15-2004 05:34 PM Post #10

"Yes, I understand. The emptiness of a Vampyre's unlife can only be soothed by the solace of being amongst your own kind. Feel free to make this your home."

Razielle looked out the same window that he had just peered out from. She gestured to the village below.

"They serve us. We have made arrangements buying their service, silence and compliance for our..perculiar tastes. I try to spare as many as possible to ensure the pact remains as is. I knwo we could easily over power them, but it is more benficial to only take what is needed on our own ground then to deal with a peasant uprising."

Smiling into the polished glass, Razielle's face was eerily lit by the moonlight.

"But I fear after the length of time I've been confined to this skin, there may just be a few casulties after the birth of my child..."

Xanatos Etanial
Member of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-15-2004 05:40 PM Post #11

He chuckled slightly...

Yes, I'd figure as much, you'll probably be rather hungry.

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-15-2004 06:50 PM Post #12

As ever, Salem was a silent as a shadow. He regarded Xanatos with a look of speculation, as though sizing the man up. There was something decidedly off-kilter about Etanial, an eccentricity that irked Salem somewhat. Already, he had marked the vampire as flamboyant simply for the use of the word ‘Razzy’. Unlike Razielle, he had been able to return to his natural form, and stood an ominous six foot and seven inches – a gruesome blue thing to behold.

“Asss you yourrrself must be.”

Add Salem Ave to your buddy list Add Salem Ave to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Salem Ave Click Here to See the Profile for Salem Ave Click here to Send Salem Ave a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Xanatos Etanial
Member of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-15-2004 06:54 PM Post #13

He turned, facing this imposing man? No, more like a creature.

Salem?

He questioned. Certainly this would have to be of whom Razielle had spoken, he certainly was memorable enough.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-15-2004 07:04 PM Post #14

It was forever going to be a puzzle for the normal world. Razielle a former princess, poised, elegant and refined. Likely capable of having anything she wanted, and what did she crave more than anything? The very same tall, lurching and welcome sight before her. She didn't worry about Xanatos and his intentions towards her, they had ever been friends, nothing more. It was purely symbolic of who ruled the roost that she stepped away from his side and moved to Salem.

Sliding an arm around his unyeilding waist, Razielle leaned her small form on his much stronger one. She really was feeling extremely worn and his presence was a balm to her.

"Xanatos, you guessed right... Salem was a very large help in recovering you from Tatooine. Sometime you'll have to tell us how you came to be buried benath the sand."

Xanatos Etanial
Member of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-15-2004 07:07 PM Post #15

Perhaps sometime I will.

He grinned with a slight knowing, as well as an inner drive towards something. He would find that Jedi, eventually, and teach her a few... lessons. He bowed politely to Salem

I am quite grateful for your assistance, had it not been for you and Razielle I would no doubt be rotting on that horrible desert world. You have me at your service.

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-15-2004 07:09 PM Post #16

He would have smirked had it been in his nature.

“Indeed.” Salem too was curious as to how Xanatos had become entombed in the dunes. Perhaps he had been found by natives and presumed dead, due to his lack of heart beat. Whatever the case, he was sure there was some tale behind it – people always had a story to tell, and even if they didn’t they had imagination enough to fabricate one.

“Arrre you going to be sss-taying with us, Xanatos?”

Add Salem Ave to your buddy list Add Salem Ave to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Salem Ave Click Here to See the Profile for Salem Ave Click here to Send Salem Ave a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Xanatos Etanial
Member of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-15-2004 07:12 PM Post #17

If I may be permitted.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-15-2004 07:17 PM Post #18

"That would be a yes..."

Razielle winced and her hand went to the small of her back. This needed to be over, carrying about a squirming wriggling thing was no way for a Vampyre such as she to live...

"You are free to keep the room you woke up in, of course, but the upstairs levels rooms are much more secure from daylight and much more comfortable. I'll have a ghoul move your belongings, if you choose another room.."

Razielle's ghoul body itself was turning a whiter shade of pale as she spoke.

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-15-2004 07:20 PM Post #19

Salem glanced down at Razielle as she visibly squirmed and shifted, clearly at ill ease. His brow furrowed slightly, and in a startling display of empathy and awareness of his sires feelings, he inquired, “Arrre you alright?”

Xanatos Etanial
Member of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-15-2004 07:21 PM Post #20

He heard her words of rooms and moving, but he payed no heed at this moment his concern was towards Razielle, she did not seem at all well.

Perhaps we should continue this later, you look as if you need to lie down.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-15-2004 07:34 PM Post #21

"I'm sorry, Xanatos. You should recieve more of a welcome than this, but I feel suddenly...off. I think I'll just go up to my room."

She turned to ask Salem to help her, but right as she went to speak the most horrific pain shot through her. She doubled over and cried out a bit. Apparently she was going to get her wish. Taking a deep steadying breath, Razielle clung to Salem's arm tightly and pulled herself up.

"I think...now would be a good time to go..."

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-16-2004 06:39 PM Post #22

Salem could feel the pain almost as keenly as Razielle herself, but did not show it. “Wherrre?” He didn’t get an answer. Instead, she pulled on his arm, dragging the both of them forwards. “What’sss wrrrong?”

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-21-2004 04:43 PM Post #23

Another contraction of her abdomen sent another scream from her lips. Her nails were already digging into Salem's arm and she wasn't even at the worst stage of this yet. Apparently this birth was going to be exactly like her pregnancy had been, fast and painful. Razielle hauled herself upright again and upped the pace. lest the child arrived in the hallway.

"I'm going to have this child...very soon."

She was trying to walk but it was so hard to fight the natural cramping of her body. Salem was going to have to carry her or they weren't going to make it. They had stopped just in front of the entrance to the lift that went down to Salem's Labratory. They weren't going to make it to their room, options were becoming slim.

"Quick, down.. Lab.."

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-27-2004 04:58 PM Post #24

For all he may have looked brutish, Salem could be surprisingly gentle. He lifted Razielle and, without a thought for where Xanatos might have been, entered the lift that would take them slowly down to the laboratory. In his arms, Razielle winced at another jolt of pain. “Almossst therrre,” he said, in his most assuring voice.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 07-28-2004 02:54 PM Post #25

And there it was. Despite Salem's aversion to affection, aside from his reluctance to be close to anyone, Razielle knew that he loved her in his own way. Even if he never said it, even if he didn't know it himself. It was fine. For someone as designed for sheer violence as Salem was to lift her up and carry her as if she were made of delicate porcelain, revealed all she needed to know of him to set her own heart at ease.

He never left her side through the whole process either. Clearly neither one of them knew what do to about delivering a child, but it became apparent very soon that this child wasn't going to do anything the traditional way. Something was wrong, very wrong.

Jezebella was contacted (by way of screaming at a comm)and arrived shortly thereafter with a datapad uplinked to the medical automation program onboard her ship. She also managed to bring the necessary tools, that had been acquired prior, that may be needed during the..arrival. The metallic voice announced with a cold tone that the child was in distress from being turned wrong and alternative birthing was required....

She was no medic, but Jez's hands remained steady during the procedure as she followed the step by step instructions with only minimal bitching and crabbing.

Even if Salem had wanted to perform the operation himself (and Raz suspected he didn't) she wouldn't have let him go. Razielle's clung to him as if he were a lifeline. She didn't let go of him until the very end when her hold just...fell away.

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2004 03:37 PM Post #26

A silence filled the room. Salem looked down at the body of the ghoul as it lay their motionless on the table. It had been all but gutted to remove the small child that Jezbella now tended to and cleaned, and as a result it appeared that the vessel was no longer able to sustain life. Still, it had done its purpose. A little blue-skinned thing wriggled in its aunts arms. Salem observed it with a silent curiosity, not entirely sure how he was supposed to react to the situation. Razielle would know, though, and hopefully she would be there in the flesh soon.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2004 03:49 PM Post #27

Back in her own body, Razielle was relieved to not feel the exhaustion and pain she had left behind. However it had been months since she had been in her own skin and it was starved for blood. As soon as she saw the child was safe she was going to have to feed.

She slid off the table and approached Salem. Without a word she entwined her fingers with his and pulled him forward with her, squeezing his hand reassuringly. Jezebella informed them it was a girl and that according to "metal mouth" a healthy one (even if she was blue).

The baby was handed over to Razielle who adjusted her hold so that Salem could see his daughter's face. She had a mop of dark curly hair and, from what could be seen so far, white eyes. Raz thought her the most precious thing in the hold galaxy and smiled.

"What shall we call her...?"

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2004 03:57 PM Post #28

Though it appeared the child had taken many traits from her father, there was nothing monstrous about her. Salem outstretched one set of claws, expecting the child to flinch, but she did not. Instead, she reached out a hand of her own and wrapped tiny human hands around one talon. Her father arched a brow. This was incredibly alien to him, the sentimentality of it all, where as Razielle seemed completely enraptured by it and the thought of them as a family. Yet for all he was not used to it, he did not loathe the notion, but rather approached it with uncertainty, curiosity and an open-mind.

When asked to name the child, he was unsure what response to give. He had never had anything, let alone anyone, to name and call his own. For a moment or two, he simply watched the child, unblinking, before finally making his suggestion, his voice strangely free of stammer or slur.

“Somara.”