PDA

View Full Version : Hold your breath.. (Salem)

Salem Ave
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:45:57 AM
Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

Hold your breath.. (Salem)

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-07-2004 11:19 PM Post #1

Down to the earth I fell
With dripping wings,
Heavy things won't fly
And the sky might catch on fire
And burn the axis of the world
That's why
I prefer a sunless sky
To the glittering and stinging in my eye

Gleaming in the darksea
I'm as light as air
Floating there breathlessly
When the dream dissolves I open up my eyes
I realize that
Everything is shoreless sea
Weightlessness is passing over me

Everthing is waves and stars
The universe is resting in my arms

Even though she was in the body of a Ghoul, Razielle hadn't really altered her hours. She still loved the beauty of the night sky over the stinging brightness of the day. Rolling from her back to her side she observed Salem. Supine - still as a marble statue, the sleep of the Undead was still on him, but he would wake soon.

Razielle hadn't really known what to say to him lately. The news of their impending arrival had caused quite a stir. Their relationship, whatever it was, had not yet become carved in stone. The last thing she wanted was another thing wedged between them, but this thing was inevitable.

She decided a wise course of action would be to give him time alone to ponder the news. Dressing quickly, she fled the chamber like a coward, believing her own lies. She just didn't want to see the disappointment or horror on his face. Leaving Elysium altogether, she slowly walked to the sunken ruins, intent on submerging herself in the cool water until her head quit pounding from the stress.

Add Razielle Shadana to your buddy list Add Razielle Shadana to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Razielle Shadana Click Here to See the Profile for Razielle Shadana Click here to Send Razielle Shadana a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 05-08-2004 08:26 PM Post #2

Sleep, Salem was learning, was a necessity. In his own body, more than a couple of hours dozing was overkill. In this ghoul body, he required eight hours a night otherwise he became sluggish and even more irritable than usual, if that was possible. Unfortunately, tonight his sleep had been disturbed. He sat up in the bed that he and Razielle had taken to sharing and looked at the empty space where his sire should have been. He frowned ever so slightly.

Tugging on the crumpled shirt that hung over the bed headboard, he paced to the window and squinted as he looked out across the dark landscape. Even as a ghoul, he could feel Razielle’s presence. She had gone somewhere that he didn’t care to go himself Perhaps that was why she had gone there, knowing full well what Salem thought of the place. Still, he found himself turning from the window and leaving the room intent on finding her, in spite of his fears. The nearer he drew to the water, the slower his pace became.

“What are you doing?” he called out ahead, unable to see anything save for various shapes in shades of black.

Add Salem Ave to your buddy list Add Salem Ave to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Salem Ave Click Here to See the Profile for Salem Ave Click here to Send Salem Ave a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-08-2004 09:37 PM Post #3

So much for giving him privacy, Razielle thought with a smile. It would appear that Salem's role as her very menacing guardian shadow wasn't hindered by the prospect of their sharing a child.

When she had heard his approach, she had already stripped away shoes and stockings, leaving her wearing a baggy white linen shirt and shorts. She had opted for the baggy shirt to conceal the small swelling already present in her normally flat stomach. The computer hadn't exagerated. This pregagnancy was advancing quickly. Her muscles were sore from distending abnormally fast, that had been another reason which prompted her late night swim, the need to stretch them out.

Barefoot, she turned around to him. The pale moonlight barely illuminating his way to the water. She could feel his hesitation, but she also knew a little thing like fear wasn't about to stop him. It seemed like ages ago she had promised to teach him to swim, maybe this could be the night. "I was going for a swim. I didn't think you would follow me here, but I am glad that you did.. "

She was familiar with the layout of this place, having wandered every inch of it. But to make Salem more comfortable, she meandered over to one of the ancient pillars, striking a flint and lighting a torch casting them into a soft glow. "Better...?"

Add Razielle Shadana to your buddy list Add Razielle Shadana to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Razielle Shadana Click Here to See the Profile for Razielle Shadana Click here to Send Razielle Shadana a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 05-08-2004 09:42 PM Post #4

I’m not afraid of the dark, he almost snapped, but instead remained silent, not responding. He approached a rock, a fair distance from the water, and sat down upon it. The prospect of Razielle being pregnant, despite appearances, had already settled with him. He wasn’t in denial about it, but conversely he wasn’t particularly excited about it. The workings of such things were beyond him, his knowledge and his ability to care. All that concerned him was the question of what would happen when it was born, in particular whether or not it would become Razielle’s sole focus.

“There could be something dangerous in the water.”

Add Salem Ave to your buddy list Add Salem Ave to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Salem Ave Click Here to See the Profile for Salem Ave Click here to Send Salem Ave a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-08-2004 09:51 PM Post #5

Shaking her head, Razielle stepped in up to her ankles. "I been here a million times and I think we are the most threatening species. At any rate, even if we did discover some aquatic monstrosity, I am sure we could handle it."

As she spoke, she kept moving farther out until she was up to her chest. Looking back over her shoulder, she took note that Salem hadn't moved an inch. Cautiously, so as not to have him thinking she pitied him, Razielle made her way back out of the pool to his side. She was soaked and the night air was cold enough to set her shivering. What she really wanted was to get back in the water but she wanted Salem with her. Dripping and goosebumped, she folded her arms across her chest. "You don't have to... It's okay, you can just stay with me and talk?"

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-08-2004 10:00 PM Post #6

“That’s all I plan on doing.”

Salem looked down at the humanoid hands that he had been calling his own for the past… however long it had been that they had taken to using these bodies. They were trembling somewhat in the cold. Silently, he cursed the futility of the human body and all of its efficiencies. Tightly knitting his fingers together, he looked up towards the flickering flames, watching them with idle interest.

“What do you want to talk about.”

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-08-2004 10:08 PM Post #7

Dissapointment yet again. She should really stop being surprised that Salem didn't just go along with her whims the way everyone else did. It probably had loads to do with her fascination with him. Shaking her head she wandered back into the oddly warm water. "I don't care.. whatever."

Not stopping when the water was well over head head she swam out deeper to float on her back, starring up at the night sky. Just bobbing there on the water she was strangely at peace. She didn't need flowery speeches and useless words anyways, the fact that Salem had even bothered following her down here was far more than enough to make her happy. Twisting a bit to tread water she watched him silently, her elusive shadow.

With a laugh she kicked up her legs and dove straight down into the deepest part of the pool. For a while all that could be seen was the soft rising of bubbles as she blew out her air to reach the bottom. After a moment they stopped completely.. Then nothing.

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 05-08-2004 10:23 PM Post #8

Salem watched the waters dark surface in silence, the glow of the flames reflected in the ripples. Then, suddenly, the water became calm and motionless. His eyes narrowed somewhat, as he began to rise. Why had they stopped? Was she playing with him, or was she genuinely no longer breathing? Perhaps his suspicions had been right. Perhaps there was something in the deepest depths of the pool, something that snared and devoured. He took a few steps closer to the pool, leaning forwards as he looked down into the murk. Still nothing. He gave a short, sharp sigh.

Edging to the lip point where the earth dipped into the water, Salem lowered himself to his knees. Outstretching a hand, he gave the water a little push. It trembled for a moment, before settling once more. He toyed with the idea of lowering himself in, but he would sink like a brick and be of little help to Razielle. Still, if she was in trouble, he had to do something. He shuffled backwards, so that he was laying flat on his stomach, with his head over the water. Then, with a deep breath, he submerged his face – his face contorting into a grimace as he tried to see beneath the water.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-08-2004 10:38 PM Post #9

With an exuberent kick, Razielle shoved off the pool's bottom and back towards the surface. It was a hell of a lot deeper than she thought, but she would be making several more trips down after what she had just seen. Shooting out of the deep water she surfaced no less than a few feet from where Salem had his face in the murky surface water trying to see what had become of her. Her rising disturbed the surface of the water enough to alert Salem to her presence. Dripping and gasping for breath she inched face to face with him and peeked down at the water. "Lose soemthing..? "

She may be making light of it, but he was clearly concerned for her and it touched her. "Salem, you won't believe whats down there! Are you quite certain you don't want to try this...?"

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-08-2004 10:42 PM Post #10

So he had been right, she was fine, and he had drenched himself for nothing. Typical. “Yes.” He pushed himself upwards, so that he was kneeling instead of lying, and smoothed dark hair back away from his eyes. Rubbing away water from his eyes, each time blinking perhaps a little over dramatically, he looked sidelong at Razielle. “What’s so amazing about what’s down there?” he asked.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-08-2004 10:50 PM Post #11

Not so high and mighty she wasn't going to whine a bit, Razielle dropped a gentle reminder. "You agreed it was a good idea to learn, remember? Oh come on..!" Climbing out of the water she bounded over excitedly to her cast off clothes and stuffed into the band of her shorts: a dagger, her saber and another flint.

Heading back to the water she looked intent on some mission. Razielle figured she better explain herself. "You know these ruins? They are from an ancient temple, this you know. Well it appears the bulk of it is still down there and.. It not all underwater. I was just in a rather large chamber, but I couldn't see. But the air was breatheable and I am going back in."

Probably not the very best idea for a pregnant lady, but Razielle seemed to have forgotten that little fact as she waited to see if Salem was going to get over it and learn to swim or if she was going on alone.

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-09-2004 02:34 PM Post #12

Salem looked skeptically at Razielle. All of a sudden, she was full of enthusiasm. He wasn’t so giddy at the thought of investigating whatever was down there. “How far down is it… how deep?” he asked, weighing up the possibility of accompanying her, if only to ensure that she didn’t get stuck down there.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-11-2004 04:56 AM Post #13

"I wasn't exactly keeping track, but my best estimate would be ten meters. " Razielle stopped at the edge of damp earth and water, her toes squished in the mud while she waited for Salem to make up his mind.

It had been extremely dark and though her night vision was strong as a Ghoul, it was not quite as keen as her normal vampyric sight. From what she had seen, the architecture was disturbingly similar to some of the older parts of Elysium. Namely - the places where she had discovered the tomes of ancient writings. Perhaps something in the Temple would help her to decipher their script. All in all, it was quite an important find to her. It seemed right to share her first visit with Salem, she valued his opinion far more than anyone elses..

Peeking at him from under a damp lock of hair, Razielle smiled encouragingly. She wasn't going to say anything more about it. He would come or he wouldn't. She definately wasn't going to fault him for his abhorrence for water. It was just against his nature to be in it, but as a Vampyre he really should rise above it. If he did chance to come along, she could think of some very creative ways to distract him long enough to teach him to swim...

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-14-2004 03:01 PM Post #14

Salem looked at that smile and shook his head. “If I drown,” he muttered, rising up to his feet. Why was he agreeing to this? It was madness. Whatever was down there wasn’t doing them any harm, and he doubted that arcane treasures would last long in the dank chambers beneath the damp ground. Then again, he couldn’t gloss over this fear with excuses for ever. Eventually, he would have to confront it. As a Sith, it was expected. He had too much pride to act otherwise. “Alright. Show me.”

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-14-2004 03:32 PM Post #15

Razielle waited until Salem had rid himself of anything that would add in weighing his already unrelenting form down. Though it looked like he had reconciled himself to doing this, he still hadn't made a move towards the water. Moving to him, she linked her fingers with those of the Ghoul's body he inhabbited and tugged him along with her.

The water was warmer than the air, so that at least should have been comforting to him, but somehow she thought it wouldn't make much difference. She didn't feel much hesitation from him until the water went up and around his chest. "Think on it this way. Even if you drowned, which I wouldn't let happen under any circmstance, you would just wake up in the lab. You just have to learn to not fight the water, move with it.."

"Like this..." She was shorter than him and almost to the point where she couldn't touch bottom anyways, so it was nothing to float on her back. If it was any other member of the male species, Razielle would have tried seduction to distract him, but that would probably just incite Salem to stomping out of the water. Rather she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and slowly used her feet to lift his legs off the bottom - where he could still touch. The result, she was floating, supporting them both, just softly bobbing. She waited to see how he would react.

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-16-2004 01:19 PM Post #16

How would he react? Rigidly. Salem hated the feeling of water- even as a ghoul. There was something repulsive about it, that made him squirm as he bobbed in the water, a deadweight. “I don’t know why anyone would want to submerse themselves in this,” he remarked. “It’s like asking to be drowned.” Looking down at the shimmering reflection of himself, and his body beyond, in the water, Salem half closed his eyes and hoped that this would all be over soon.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-17-2004 05:09 AM Post #17

"I won't let you drown. Just relax. If you are going to do this you have got to stop fighting the water and gain some kind of mastery over it." Kicking her feet a bit, Razielle propelled them out a bit deeper. Salem's great height being considered, he could probably still touch bottom. She rather hoped he would get used to the water though, she adored swimming.

Rolling upright she brought his hands up to her shoulders for support and she held his waist, edging backward. "Try treading water, just hold onto me and breathe. Kick slow. If you need to steady yourself let go of me and use the water."

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-29-2004 05:58 PM Post #18

As instructed, Salem began to kick at the water. It was an odd and frustrating process, whereby for a moment he would bob successfully, before again sinking downwards. He grew angry within moments and stopped, once again taking hold of Razielle for support. He fixed his eyes with hers, as if to ask what the point of all of this was.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 06-01-2004 02:08 AM Post #19

If there was any light to Razielle's infinite darkness it was her caring for her fledgling, Salem. It was rather odd to ponder the fact that she could rip someone's throat out with her bare hands and yet here, in the shadow of Elysium, she was being patient and kind to this one being. Very disturbing...

"I promise it'll be worth it. I have a feeling something of importance is down there." It wouldn't do her any good to drag him down with her. He was in Ghoul form, not Vampyric and risked the possibity of drowning. Even if she pulled him down, if the ghoul body drowned Salem would reanimate in the lab in his own skin. It was either he did it right or she went alone...

Perhaps she could distract him after all? They had only had their one encounter with his nearly non-existant sexual side. But he did have one, just buried beneath years of neglect and a lack of knowledge. Peering at him mischeiviously she wondered how badly he would react to some........distraction...

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 06-02-2004 04:33 PM Post #20

His own look of frustration was apparently being mirrored by something predatory. He eyed Razielle suspiciously, wondering what she was plotting. He felt incredibly vulnerable in this situation, and did not like the thought that she had something devious up her sleeve, just waiting for the right moment to spring it on him. “What?” he questioned, his brow knitting into a frown. “You’re planning something.”

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 06-02-2004 05:42 PM Post #21

"Don't look so apprehensive. I won't bite you, not in this skin anyways." Her hold on Salem's arms slid up slowly to his shoulders, less supportive and more of a carress. He was still where he could touch bottom if he needed to, but as soon as his attention was off the water and on her, she would change that.

He had been down this path with her before. Granted he wasn't quite used to it yet, but Razielle was extremely passionate and was going to make Salem love her if it killed them both. "Relax.."

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 06-02-2004 06:02 PM Post #22

He felt like snapping back at her, asking how he was supposed to relax when any lapse in concentration could send him sinking down into a watery grave, but he bit his tongue. Salem locked his eyes with Razielles, making a conscious effort to try and relax as requested. If he could focus on something else other than staying afloat it would be easy, but he was having a hard time, and it showed in his expression.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 06-02-2004 06:12 PM Post #23

He wasn't relaxing. Razielle chewed at her bottom lip and tried to think on what if anything she could do. Spotting her salvation in the guise of a waterfall of sorts, she began backing him towards it.

The water cascaded in shimmery trickles down vines and rocks. At the bottom, the corrosion of water hitting solid rock over the years had pounded it into the shape of a bench. Cautiously, Razielle guided Salem back onto it and straddled his lap. Clearly he was still disgruntled over the situation but at least he was only up to his hips in the pool now.

The water sluiced over his back, but didn't get into his face, not unless he was to tilt his head back. Not speaking, Razielle let her fingertips form her intentions, sliding them up to his face and gently holding him still.

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 06-02-2004 07:03 PM Post #24

This was more than distracting enough. Had this same situation occurred while Salem occupied his own shell, he would have been distracted. The fact that he was in the highly flawed ghoul body magnified this. One of its many faults was its susceptibility to persuasion of many kinds, not least of all seduction. It seemed that the body was program to respond to such advances and Salem had to make a conscious effort to quell this feeling – successfully, then, drawing his attention away from the water.

“You have a strange fixation with closeness,” he remarked, looking away as a child would, intimidated by an elder.

He couldn’t move his head away, because the water would spill over it, so he had no other option but to stay put.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 06-02-2004 10:53 PM Post #25

Words of a desperate man fighting a losing battle. HIs last resort against intimacy seemed to be stating the obvious. Not about to be thwarted in her designs on Salem, Razielle lifted one pale finger and pressed it against his lips, turning his face back to her own. Slowly she lowered her face and replaced her finger with her lips in a petal soft touch, designed to not be invasive, just barely touching..

She knew he was still fightning the natural response of his own nature and the ghoul body, so she didn't stop there and leaned even closer into him, pressing her chest against his own.. He would relax and they would swim or she would just have to have her wicked way with him. At this point either option worked for her..

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 06-03-2004 05:21 PM Post #26

This again. Salem did not understand. Passionate affection for others was not common among Salem’s species, and it seemed that in becoming a vampire these feelings had only been amplified, as he began to notice, more keenly, the many flaws and faults that everyone possessed. Though he had a worldly knowledge of combat, interpersonal relations were still a great mystery to him and no matter how much Razielle tried to change him, or at least encourage him to be more tactile, he was rigid.

Pulling his head away, he was drenched in water. Blinking open his eyes, he looked back at Razielle with something akin to fear, but quickly leant forward again – not to meet her lips with his, but to rest his head on her shoulder, to avoid the water that he had been briefly soaked by. Still looking up at Razielle, he sighed somewhat, the thought of the water again fading. He did want her to be happy, but it was hard.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 06-03-2004 06:21 PM Post #27

A thousand options for her next words flooded her. She could rail at him about how her strange fixation wasn't with proximity but with him. She could drop the facade of impervious princess for once and show her wounded side - like hell. She could just walk away and leave him to get his own <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> out of the water, in retaliation for yet another rebuffal. But peering down at Salem's now soaked head, leaning on her shoulder she wasn't going to do any of those things. Whatever trust she had earned would be drowned in this pool with any of the choices...

"Okay, new strategy. We're going to stand on the edge of where the water gets deep. You are going to cling like hell to me, hold your breath and I'm going to pull us down. It would be helpful if you decided to kick on the way, but either way we're going." Done with playing games, she just opted to take the initiative.

Giving his hand a tug, she gave him one of those "don't argue, just trust me" looks.

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 06-04-2004 08:42 PM Post #28

Salem slid down off the rocks edge as he was pulled, now looking slightly wide eyed. Gentle cajoling he could deal with, but this? This type of heavy-handed forcefulness was not typical of Razielle, and so it surprised him a little. They bobbed down into the water and began to sink, with Salem clinging desperately onto Razielle, frozen in fear as he became submerged up to his shoulders. Taking in a deep, ragged breath, he looked down as the water rose further and squeezed his eyes closed.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 06-05-2004 12:07 PM Post #29

Salem.. Her voice tried to penetrate his fear. She knew he could do this. Glancing over at his face, eyes clentched shut in terror, Razielle stopped on the very brink of the drop off and once more cajoled him. She had never voiced such a thing aloud before, not to him at least. Perhaps it was passed time she told him..

Razielle, fearing it would make little difference anyways, bared her soul to him and laid her last card on the table. Salem could do with it what he would. "Salem.. I love you . I promise I won't let anything harm you. You are strong. You can do this, I know it."

Returning his vicelike grip with her own strong hold, she let him know she wouldn't take another step without him. She wished she could have been the weak one for just a second. Razielle had a literally sinking feeling she was about to recieve another of his endearing and scathing comments.

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-15-2004 06:44 PM Post #30

There was a moment of stillness. Salem, saying nothing, looked down into the water. Then, without an explanation, he ducked right beneath the surface. After a moment, his eyes opened and he looked quickly around – everything was murky, hard to see through, but he could still see Razielle in front of him. He reached up a hand and gave her a tug downwards. There was no telling how long his refreshed sense of courage would last.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 07-15-2004 06:58 PM Post #31

Grinning, Razielle sunk beneath the water and still clutching Salem gave a mighty kick downward. She could only hope that he would move with her and not against her, because she was going to drag him down with her oen way or the other this time.

Downward into the near pitch murky depths the water was near freezing. It was near impossible to see, but Razielle had already come this way before. Reaching out one hand, she felt along the side of the slimey wall until she felt the opening. Once they touched down upon the pool's bottom, they had only to duck down and let the current pull them into the cave.

Salem seemed to be doing rather well, that or he had just plain given up the fight. Letting the pull carry them inside, Razielle came up into the air, taking a huge breath to refill her lungs. She tugged Saelm up with her and immediately started fussing.

"You ok..?"

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-15-2004 07:05 PM Post #32

Salem scrabbled at the edge of the pool, his fingertips burning and aching was he tore at the waters edge. After a second or so of panicking and heaving in almighty breaths, he calmed and seemed to collapse against the moss-covered stone. A vacant look held his eyes for a moment, before he looked over to and acknowledged Razielle. Although he was still breathing somewhat frenetically, he was ready to go on.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-15-2004 07:11 PM Post #33

Razielle boosted herself up on the mossy ledge. She felt around her waist for the items she had brought down with them and within moments had a torch lit. It cast their surroundings into a glow, revealing the crumbled and overgrown ruins of what was once likely a temple.

The same architects had crafted the pillars and shrines in this room that had contructed the tumbled ruins outside. It was only slightly more intact in here. It rather looked like any timenow the bulk of it would sink and be destroyed entirely.

Standing, Razielle looked around, wondering aloud..

"Where shall we start....?"

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-15-2004 07:17 PM Post #34

As Salem crawled up onto solid ground, he looked around the newly illuminated chamber. It was an eerie sight to behold. It felt as though they might have been the first people to see the interior of the temple for eons. Idly examining the slick wall to his right, he could feel the closeness of the air – the dank smell of rotting vegetation becoming apparent for the first time, causing a tiny swell of nausea in Ave.

“It looks like we only have one option,” he replied, nodding towards the archway the opened out ahead, the doorway to a cavern whose size was indeterminable, and whose interior was unknown save for a few cobbles that Razielles equipment had shed light on.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-17-2004 03:21 PM Post #35

Following Salem through the archway, Razielle ran her fingertips along the walls. Though they were moss covered, it came off in clumps falling to the ground. The walls beneath were covered in carvings, the same characters were inscribed here as in the tomes she had found in Elysium. Whoever had built the main structure of Elysium had also built this Temple. But this seemed to be the same phrase repeated over and over again.. Frustrated she moved on.

The room that they emerged into through the archway seemed to have a total of five themes. Although it was a square room, the remaining parts of the ceiling were done in a style unlike the other four walls. Two of the styles she recognized from the book.

"There! These markings here..?" Razielle trotted over to one wall and explained to Salem the importance. "These are to do with Fire magic I think.. When I read aloud from the book, I nearly torched the main dining room."

Shuffling over to the wall directly across she went on.. "Not knowing what to do, I read a piece of this. It was the opposite - Ice magic, I am guessing because the flames were stiffled and the room was blanketed in ice and snow. It stopped the Fire, but the water damage when it melted was a pain. I haven't read from that book since."

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-17-2004 04:57 PM Post #36

“So sorcerers built this,” Salem observed aloud, as he looked over the odd markings. They made no sense to him and he couldn’t even begin to think how to pronounce them. He looked over his shoulder to Razielle. “…Do you have any weapons with you?”

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-17-2004 06:11 PM Post #37

She nodded at his assessment of the temple ruins. Socerer's indeed, that was why she was down here in this dank place. She needed a clue as to how to control the spell working in that book if she was ever to use it without dire consequence. Once she found somethign to help her, she was going to take the book to her new Master as he seemed the most adept authority on the subject.

She had no idea what Salem needed a weapon for, but without question she pulled the dagger from her belt and handed it over to him with a curious expression.

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-18-2004 07:21 PM Post #38

“I don’t imagine these sorcerers would leave the secrets to their spells unguarded,” he explained, holding the dagger up for inspection. He would keep it at close hand, as a precaution.