Salem Ave
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:44:34 AM
Winn Yarrow
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

Accurate Directions to Bad Places

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-10-2004 04:17 AM Post #1

Winn brought his small scout ship out of hyperspace. The Kirrek system hadn't been seen by any Republic cartographer in roughly a thousand years. Simply put, there wasn't much here. But the New Republic had an initiative to re-chart and re-evaluate the star systems in and near it.

So here he was. He glanced over his instruments. There was a planet condusive to human life. It wasn't suprising that it hadn't been in his information-- the Emperor had purged a great deal of things like star charts from The Archives.

Winn took a sip from his cup of java, and began to add notes to the data being recorded by the small ship's powerful sensor suite.

"One planet capable of supporting life."

Once finished with the mug of warming, tasty liquid, he eased the craft's sublight engines to life, and cruised twoard Kirrek Major, looking for some sort of structure.

Add Winn Yarrow to your buddy list Add Winn Yarrow to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Winn Yarrow Click Here to See the Profile for Winn Yarrow Click here to Send Winn Yarrow a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 03-10-2004 04:32 AM Post #2

It was a dreadfully boring night. She wasn't particularly hungry so, Razielle had opted to not hunt. The Ghouls, for the most part, were adapting as they should, learning how to become one of the Nightkind. The resident Vampyre's were all about their own business. As much as she cared for the Cabal and its members she really only gave a damn what Salem was doing and even he was scarce tonight.

Elysium leered, a giant senitinal perched over its surroundings. It was definately no small fortification, quite imposing actually. Leaving the confines of her bedroom, Razielle stepped out onto the pristine marble balcony to survey the night. Running her fingers over the banister, the Vampyre enjoyed the feel of the moonlight on her skin. Looking up, she frowned. Lights.... Her vampyric gaze came into focus, sharp as a predator. It was not the Delinquent . Who else would have the nerve to come this close without prior invite...?

Last edited by Razielle Shadana on 03-10-2004 at 04:47 AM
Add Razielle Shadana to your buddy list Add Razielle Shadana to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Razielle Shadana Click Here to See the Profile for Razielle Shadana Click here to Send Razielle Shadana a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Winn Yarrow
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 03-10-2004 04:51 AM Post #3

SK-6599-A skimmed through the upper atmosphere, it's holocameras and other istruments feeding the recording computer gobs of information about the surface, creating an acurrate map of the planet below.

The initial scan would only take two hours, and then points of interest would be noted and suggested for a lower flight to get higher resolution information.

Winn occasionally glanced out the window when he was dayside, soaking up the terrain below before making sure the recording was going as it should, and that the craft was in proper running order.

Once nightside, the system reported that some structure was condusive to civilization of some sort. Winn manually cruised, bringing the ship to a mere half-kilometer cruising height.

The village was somewhat boring, but that outcropping wasn't an outcropping. The scructure was massive.

Winn set the ship into a nice flat rock outcropping that looked like it had easy access to the looming building.

After a quick contaminate check, he lowered the boarding ramp and walked out, staring at what was once part of a mountain. He whistled apreciatively before looking for an entrance.

Add Winn Yarrow to your buddy list Add Winn Yarrow to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Winn Yarrow Click Here to See the Profile for Winn Yarrow Click here to Send Winn Yarrow a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 03-10-2004 05:02 AM Post #4

Shoving away from the balcony, Razielle entered her rooms again and pulled on her cloak. She would deal with this personally. People did not just land and say 'How do you do?' on Kirrek. Let alone outside Elysium. In fact the only one, to her vast knowledge, that had done so ( and lived to recount the adventure) was Raelyn. She wouldn't live long though, she was well on her way to becoming a Ghoul and eventually a Vampyre as well. Death came to them all on Kirrek, so who was it that had the guts to come knocking?

Not bothering to announce that she was leaving to investigate, Razielle marched her booted feet down the massive winding steps and straight out the front. The ship had landed in one of many rocky outcroppings, a little way down the side of the precipice, below it was the sheer drop to the village. Heedless of a fall, Razielle leapt from one rock to another, finally landing on all fours on a rock above the ship. As the ramp lowered she grew still as Death, her predator eye's watching every movement of the one who disembarked the interloping vessel.

Add Razielle Shadana to your buddy list Add Razielle Shadana to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Razielle Shadana Click Here to See the Profile for Razielle Shadana Click here to Send Razielle Shadana a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Winn Yarrow
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-11-2004 11:16 PM Post #5

Light enhancing macrobinoculars gave Winn a better view of the landscape. He whistled apreciatively at the architecture and structure of Elysium.

"Now that is impressive." He said aloud. Briefly, he inspected the village below. Since he wasn't a diplomat nor an anthropoligist, he decided against braving those down below. His ship had supplies he could subsist on for the better part of a month.

However, the fortress looming above was of such interest that Winn decided to take his chances.

Carefully, he began to scale the narrow path to Elysium.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 03-11-2004 11:29 PM Post #6

Was he just going to stride right up and knock? Keeping her vampyric eye's locked on his progress, Razielle leapt back to the top of the precipice and waited for him. She walked into the shadows and leaned against the massive doors, the only thing that would be visible to him when he arrived would be the inhuman glow of her violet eyes. Foolish mortal.... She was going to find out what the hell he thought he was doing, who he worked for and why he was here. Then...she was going to feed.

Winn Yarrow
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 03-11-2004 11:51 PM Post #7

Winn pulled himself up the last three meters. The path had collapsed shortly before the much wider steps. Before he entered, he examined the steps and the walls. It seemed that the place had been carved from the mountain, an incredible undertaking. Judging from the notches, it was done with simple hand tools. Astounding. It must have taken a millenia.

Something violet lurked on the walls near the entrance. It was probably some sort of insect. But they were so lovely, seemingly enchanted. Winn started for the door, but felt drawn to the pair of irridescent orbs. He figured a closer inspection couldn't hurt.

They were beautiful and unwavering. He reached for his macrobinoculars. It was rather dim in the shadows here...

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-12-2004 03:18 AM Post #8

Her voice was as melodic as it was laced with malice. "I wouldn't shine anything at my eye's.. They are a tad sensitive to light.."

Stepping forward, Razielle tossed her hair over her shoulder in an arrogant gesture clearly stating she was in control of the situation. The shadows seemed to part just for her as she walked into the very dim moonlight. The silvery glow was enough for him to see what appeared to be a woman in her mid-twenties, with long black curls, well dressed and elegant. For all that she was poised, she still had an aura of danger about her that any mortal should be able to pick up on in the presence of a predator.

"You might say that I am the Lady of the keep. Care to tell me what you are doing here unannounced and.....alone..?" The last was said with a smile, the moonlight lighting on a pair of small but perfect fangs.

Winn Yarrow
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 03-12-2004 03:47 AM Post #9

Winn's jaw dropped open, and he numbly pointed at the Republic Expeditionary Force patch on his jacket.

"Uh..." he stared at the fangs, which picked up the light frighteningly well. "...charting the system." A tingle went down his spine. Winn knew he had discovered something that wasn't supposed to be discovered.

"I really should be getting back to my ship." Winn took a nervous, careful step back.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-12-2004 03:41 PM Post #10

She had really outdone herself this time. The man looked like he was going to run screaming from her presence at any second. Well if he had enough sense to know he was not suppoed to be here, he should be able to do the figures and arrive at the calculation that she couldn't let him go. The last thing the Cabal needed was its location and activities reported to the Republic.

She really didn't feel like chasing him down the rocks back to his ship, so it was an easy matter for her to charm him. Speaking into his mind she apeared to take a less threatening form, fangs gone but still smiling and almost welcoming. Oh you must not leave so soon. It is not often we get visitors.. I'll give you the tour you so desire and then you can stay...for dinner.

For a second his mouth just opened and closed as if he didn't want to believe that he would be safe in her company, but the idea was suddenly so appealing he was compelled to follow her. Razielle took the decision out of his hands for him when she stepped forward and took his arm tucking it in her own. She led him to the massive doors that opened at her approach and stepped inside. Firelight from torches lit the main foyer, shining off highly polished marble floors. The walls were lined with tapestries and art, the place was quite beautiful - for a home of the Undead.

Winn Yarrow
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 03-12-2004 04:26 PM Post #11

Oh you must not leave so soon. It is not often we get visitors.. I'll give you the tour you so desire and then you can stay...for dinner.

"I really should..." Winn looked absolutely frantic. The whole thing was eight orders of unnatural. "...be going." He said as Razielle took his arm. Why do I get the feeling I'm on the menu?

He looked at the scenery, and back over his shoulder. It was dead in here. Beautiful, but dead. Like a graveyard. His feet wouldn't obey.

"Why. Won't. My. Feet Obey?" There, he said it. Why had it been so difficult?

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-12-2004 04:34 PM Post #12

Hadn't she taken ettiquette classes in surplus as a child? Surely she knew it wasn't proper to play with her food. But he was so cute in his terror, Razielle couldn't seem to help herself. "Maybe what you want isn't to leave? Maybe you want to stay and see things no one else has seen..?"

Running her fingers over his arm, Razielle pulled her reluctant guest along with her to a rather large and overdone banquet hall. Plopping him down in the large chair at the head of the table, she snapped her fingers at an unseen servant lurking in the shadows who went running off to to his Master's bidding. Razielle lay across the head of the table, right in front of the mortal and grinned at him. "What's your name..?"

Winn Yarrow
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 03-12-2004 04:47 PM Post #13

"No, I'm certain I want to leave." He pulled his blaster, through a spectactular force of will.

"I want to leave very badly." Winn tried to point the gun at Razielle, but his aim immediately flopped to one side or the other. "I'm sure this is amusing." He poured three blasts into the floor, and then dropped the weapon, having accepted the futility of that gesture.

"Winn Yarrow, Leutenat in the New Republic Expedtionary Corps. I guess you may as well get over whatever it is you're going to do to me. Its clear I have minimal choice in the matter." The Republic officer gave up and sat in the chair.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-12-2004 05:04 PM Post #14

Razielle watched with an amused eye as the shots burned into the polished floor and rebounded around the room.. It wasn't really a big deal, Jezebella had accomplished worse... Sitting up and draping her legs over the tables edge right in front of him she leered. "Done now...?"

"I guess you may as well get over whatever it is you're going to do to me." She needed no further prompting. Razielle slid forward until she was off the table and perched in her prey's lap. In a flash she had tilted his head back and her breath brushed against his throat. "As you wish..." Baring her small but lethal fangs, she sank them into his neck and began to draw on his life's blood. Those that survived the kiss of a Vampyre did not recount it as a horrible painful act usually, but one of sensual pleasure. She tried to make it so for him.

As she fed from him a thought struck her. He was no random and foolish mortal. There was more to this one... Keep him, make him stay... Razielle lifted her mouth from his throat and licked his blood away from her lips. She knew what she wanted, she wanted to make hima Ghoul...

Winn Yarrow
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-12-2004 05:40 PM Post #15

Winn tried to yell out for help, but instead, he only managed a croak, and then a sigh. Numbly, his left arm bounced against Razielle once. It didn't feel bad. Her lips seemed to grow increasingly warm as his perception of the world grew increasingly dim.

Now incapaticated, Winn's head dropped down against his chest, his eyes open but unmoving. With the blood drained, he looked incredibly pale.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 03-12-2004 06:08 PM Post #16

Razielle was going to have to move fast if she wanted Winn in good health. Also she would have to be on best behavior if she wanted to get his trust now... She would save him, then they would see what became of it.

The servants returned with food, lots of it in many varieties. Lining the table with steaming platters. Razielle knew he didn't have the strength to eat right now, but she would fix that. She grabbed a goblet and set it in front of him. Resting her wrist over it, she used a razor edged nail from her other hand to slit open a vein. Her dark blood dripped into the glass, pooling a decent amount in the bottom.

Once again tilting his head back, Razielle lifted the goblet to his lips and forced him to comply. "Drink. If you don't listen to anything else I tell you fine, but listen to me now... Drink this." A mortal drinking the blood of a Vampyre gave them, temporarily the powers of an immortal. It made them a Ghoul. Heightened senses, strength, speed..the works. No affliction from sunlight though... The only downfall was that it was a temporary thing and they were still mortal.

Last edited by Razielle Shadana on 03-12-2004 at 06:13 PM

Winn Yarrow
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 03-12-2004 06:24 PM Post #17

Winn didn't have the energy to disagree. His eyes stared vacantly as Razielle tilted his head back.

It tasted terrible. Her blood's metalic tang coated his tounge, but the swallow reflex took over, and the warm fluid washed down into his stomach. For a long moment, his eyes took in the ceiling. The torchlight played against the walls, seemingly alive. Winn groaned.

His insides burned like fire. He clutched his sides as he fell off the chair.

n the white room with black curtains near the station.
Blackroof country, no gold pavements, tired starlings.
Silver horses ran down moonbeams in your dark eyes.
Dawnlight smiles on you leaving, my contentment.
I'll wait in this place where the sun never shines;
Wait in this place where the shadows run from themselves.
You said no strings could secure you at the station.
Platform ticket, restless diesels, goodbye windows.
I walked into such a sad time at the station.
As I walked out, felt my own need just beginning.
I'll wait in the queue when the trains come back;
Lie with you where the shadows run from themselves.
At the party she was kindness in the hard crowd.
Consolation for the old wound now forgotten.
Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her dark eyes.
She's just dressing, goodbye windows, tired starlings.
I'll sleep in this place with the lonely crowd;
Lie in the dark where the shadows run from themselves.

Between the heavy chair and the table, Winn writhed as the fire consumed his insides. Somehow, he found the energy to scream. A low, unearthly screeched echoed out.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 03-13-2004 04:14 AM Post #18

The Vampyre stood over him, peering intently down at the mortal who lay coiled in apparent pain on the floor. He should be so lucky to live, she could have killed him just then, but instead had given him a brief taste of immortality. A taste which apparently his body was not taking very well to at all, if one could tell by the sounds escaping him. Most Ghoul's reacted with the need of a drug fiend to the taste of Vampyre blood.. Winn had time. He was going to be very acquainted with it.

Razielle decided that having someone around with vast experience with star charts and the Republics knowlegde of their far off little system would be most beneficial. She had but to convince the dear boy himself of this fact. One foot on either side of him, Razielle sank down into a crouch and rolled him over supine. "I suspect you'll be feeling better shortly, dear. On your feet." She grasped his arms, and with surprising strength for someone of her small frame hauled him upright.

Winn Yarrow
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-14-2004 03:05 AM Post #19

His body was shakey, alternating between searing heat and stinging cold. Winn's hands trembled, and then, with a surpising burst of speed, he wrapped his hands around her neck. Only brief, incidental pressure was applied from his shaking.

"Tell me..." he managed, his chest heaving in starts.
"...what you've done to me." Winn recognized that he was at her mercy, and if she was going to let him live, she would.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-14-2004 04:45 AM Post #20

Razielle rose up on tiptoe, whispering into his ear. "What have I done..? I have given you back your life. I have also given you strength and abilities that you never had before." Her breath was like a carress upon his now enhanced sense of touch, either that or his skin would crawl. Either way she was pleased, leering at him.

"You are more fortunate than you realize, Lieutenant Yarrow.." She backed away from him, sitting on the table once more giving him space. "You came here to observe, but you will leave with far more... That is, if you can get past the fact that you have stumbled into what you might think of as a den of monsters..."

Winn Yarrow
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-14-2004 05:06 AM Post #21

Winn retreated as soon as her breath touched him. It was as if he could feel the molecules. His mind simply could not cope. He stumbled backwards. The concact jostled his clothing against his body.

Desperate, he tore his jacket and shirt off, but it was still too much. He clutched at his head.

"Its too much." he wimpered, wincing his eyes shut, and clasped his hands over his ears.

"Too loud too bright too smoothsofthardsharpsweet..." He stayed still for ten minutes. Things were happening to him at an unusually accellerated rate.

He sniffed, and smelled something. His head jerked up twoards Razielle. She smelled good. An eye opend slowly, and then the other. His hands returned to his sides.

Winn growled without realizing it, and began to stand slowly.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-14-2004 10:30 PM Post #22

He was going to be a splendidly sensual fiend when she was done with him. He was already showing promise, Razielle thought as he tore his clothing from his upper body. She knew that it was no small shock to his mortal system to be feeling so much, so enhanced, so fast.

She just watched him, remembering how she had felt the first time she had tasted of Saurron's blood. It had been as if she had never lived before. When the sensation had passed she had been left feeling bereft and dull. It was exquisite, the enhanced senses.

When he stood and the guttural groan slipped past his lips, Razielle smiled and stepped forward to him. Quickly sliding around behind him she ran her fingers down his bared spine to further torment him. "You'll grow used to it... How do you feel..?"

Winn Yarrow
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-14-2004 11:03 PM Post #23

"ahhhhhhhhhhhh."

Winn's eyes popped open when her finger touched him. He arched his back, and somehow kept his feet. He put a step between them before turning around.

"Frr..."elled up. He was about to stay, but his mouth lost direction when he looked at her. She looked warm. Winn's eyes settled on her neck, marvelling at the blood vessels.

He could see every twitch, ever pore in painful detail. He could feel the warmth from her body that his was already beggining to lack.

Winn leapt for Razielle's neck.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 03-14-2004 11:10 PM Post #24

Apparently her blood was already being hungrily absorbed by his body. It was just like she had thought earlier. Drug fiend behavior, he wanted more now. It was very close to the Hunger that a full fledged Vampyre would feel. The only difference being that what Winn's body craved was not needed for physical sustenace, it was purely for enjoyment and enhancement purposes.

When he sprung at her she was ready for him. Turning quickly she caught the back of his neck and forced him down to the floor, face first. She crawled ontop of him and lowered her face, once again speaking into his ear. "Bad idea.. You can have more, if you play nice.." The length of her body was stretched out on his, pinning him. It would be so easy to turn him now, but she wasn't sure she wanted to, just yet.. He hadn't even begun to enjoy being a Ghoul properly yet.. "I think maybe you should slow down, dear.. If I let you up, you'll behave won't you..?"

Winn Yarrow
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-15-2004 12:47 AM Post #25

Winn squirmed briefly before giving up.

"I can't." he whined. "I want..." Winn didn't know what he wanted.

Razielle slapped him. He felt every crease and contour of her palm and fingers, every ridge in her fingerprints. He felt her bones through her flesh. Winn felt the kenetic energy travel through his head to his neck, and dissapate through his soft tissues in his upper body.

He stayed silent for a minute.

"I will do my best."

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-15-2004 04:35 AM Post #26

"Good enough." Rolling off him once more, the Vampyre stood and walked away leaving Winn to get up on his own. Razielle walked to the table and casually leaned a hip against it. She picked up a silver knife from a place setting and rolled its handle between her first finger and thumb. The candle light hit the polished metal and shined a glow on and off her smile as she crooked a finger at him. "More..?"

Winn Yarrow
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-15-2004 05:09 AM Post #27

"Yesss...." Winn paused, realizing that if he did watch the proccess, he would not be able to stop himself from going for her open wrist. He considered trying it, but if she decided to kill him she would. Winn was vunerable, and if he wanted to survive, he had to play by her rules.

"I won't be able to control myself, if you do that in here." He was clearly on edge to begin with. His fingers twichted against his pant leg, oddly in the Fibinachi sequence. Winn rubbed his jaw nervously with the other hand, looking at Razielle with unnaturally dialated eyes. Only a sliver of green-grey was left.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-15-2004 08:36 PM Post #28

"You'll learn restraint.. Come with me then." Razielle walked to him and took his hand, a somewhat maternal gesture. Tugging him with her, she led him back out the same way they had entered the room. Directing him to the study she pushed him down by his bare shoulders into a chair and sat on the floor at his feet.

She was going to give him a more direct infusion of her blood into his system this time. The last time had unsettled him, but he now appeared to be enjoying reaping the benefits. Taking his hand once more, Razielle turned it over and ran her finger along his palm. With a grin she followed the same path again, only this time with the table knife. The thin cut instantly welled with blood. She let go of him only long enough to make a similar gash in her own pale flesh. Linking her fingers with his, Razielle let her own blood mesh with his, strengthening him.

"Think on something else. Tell me about yourself...?"

Winn Yarrow
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-15-2004 09:48 PM Post #29

The smell, gods, the SMELL. Winn nervously chewed on his lower lip, staring at Razielle instead of so much as glancing twoard her now open hand.

"I'm from a small backwater on the outer rim. Nadiem. Boring. Whole planet is either wild or farmland. I hate farming. I spent most of the time staring at the stars. I snuck off planet when I was sixteen, with a rigged up life support system stuffed in a container surrounded by quanth fruit. I still hate... ahhhh..." Winn's eyes rolled up in his head. His grip on Razielle's hand became vicelike.

"Ohhh..." he heaved a deep sigh. Unadulterated excasty trickled through his entire body. It was warm. Every inch of his body tingled.

"Ss...sstop." Winn forced the word out of his mouth. It was becomming too much.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-16-2004 01:41 AM Post #30

Letting him have his way for the time, Razielle took her bleeding palm away from his. Bringing his hand to her mouth she slowly ran her tongue along the gash in his palm, licking away his blood. His wound would heal rapidly. Lifting her own hand up for him to see, her wound slid shut before his eyes, nothing but a pink line remained and then, nothing at all. "and now you are here...with us."

She finished his story for him with finality.

Winn Yarrow
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-16-2004 01:52 AM Post #31

Winn marveled as his own wound much more slowly did the same.

He considered her statement.

"I was a cartographer for a reason." he said with more than a hint of sadness. He stared at his healing hand, watching the flesh knit itself back together.

After his hand finished healing to the point that it was little more than a scratch, he looked up at her.

"What are yo... we?"

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-16-2004 02:04 AM Post #32

Razielle got comfy in the seat opposite Winn's. Crossing her legs and tapping the toe of her boot she tried her best to explain what was going on. "I am a Vampyre, and Immortal who lives by draining living blood from others. You are still mortal, for now. But you have been given the power of a Vampyre, you are a Ghoul." She smiled.

"You have stumbled upon Elysium, the home of the Cabal. We are a group of Vampyre's and other dark beings. You can understand why I cannot let you go. Our presence here must remain nothing more than myth and hearsay." Leaning forward a bit she made clear what her former intentions had been.

"I was simply going to kill you. But I find that thought no longer first and foremost. You could be a significantly grand addition to us with your knowledge."

Winn Yarrow
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-16-2004 02:13 AM Post #33

He stood, and crossed his arms over his bare chest. The measure of it was that he was a prisoner here. Winn bit his lower lip in thought and frustration.

A hand dropped, brushing against the chair he had been in mere moments before. His attention shifted as he began to study the appoulstry, the ornate woodwork.

It was beautiful. It was beautiful and he hated it. Winn grabbed the chair by the back, and flung it against the nearest wall. The chair almost exploded instead of merely breaking a few places.

"DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?! YOU'VE TAKEN MY LIFE!"

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-16-2004 03:09 AM Post #34

The Vampyre raised an eyebrow at his futile display of anger. The chair was replaceble, it was worth watching him get all flustered. Very amusing. "I haven't taken your life... Your heart still beats."

She rose and calmly walked around him in a slow, lazy saunter. "You can be much more than you are now. Get over your fear and use your anger for more productive purposes than smashing costly antiques. I am offering you eternity, foolish boy.."

Last edited by Razielle Shadana on 03-16-2004 at 02:05 PM

Winn Yarrow
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 03-16-2004 05:42 AM Post #35

He looked at her, bewildered. She was wrong. If he couldn't go back to the stars, he was dead. For the past two years, Winn had been exploring the galaxy, often alone. He had seen sunrise and sunset over a hundred different worlds, and he knew each of their night skies. Ever since he had gotten off Nadiem he had worked almost every waking hour to fly the stars.

"At what price? You've just told me I can't leave. You should just kill me then." He said, desparaged. Winn's social skills had never been his strong point, much less when someone threatend to take away his dream.

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-16-2004 08:29 PM Post #36

The commotion downstairs had not gone unnoticed. For a time, Salem had ignored what was going on downstairs. He had a certain respect for Razielle, that would not allow him to simply burst in on her, but his patience could only be pushed so far. Curiosity and irritation forced him out of the attic down to the room where Winn and his sire were. He entered without knocking, and his white-hot eyes immediately fixed on Yarrow. Salem really didn’t need to say anything. Even without words or expression, hidden behind his cowl, he radiated anger.

Add Salem Ave to your buddy list Add Salem Ave to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Salem Ave Click Here to See the Profile for Salem Ave Click here to Send Salem Ave a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-16-2004 08:40 PM Post #37

"You don't have to stay here forever. As soon as I can be assured of your intentions towards us you can return to charting the stars! For us..." Her noble speech was cut off as her fledgling, her eternal counterpart and lover made an ominous entrance. Salem did not look at all pleased with Winn's presence. She couldn't really blame him. Razielle was not in the habbit of adopting strays. This was a first and from the looks of Winn now, he would have to be killed. He didn't seem inclined to stay.

"Winn, may I introduce Salem Ave. " Razielle pondered stepping in front of Winn to protect him. But giving the matter thought, it would only infuriate Salem more if she protected this mortal. "Salem.. Lietenant Winn Yarrow of the Republic Expeditionary..........." She just trailed off, it wasn't making any difference where he was from. Salem clearly wanted him gone. Now.

Winn Yarrow
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-18-2004 01:20 AM Post #38

Winn stared at Salemn's pupil and irisless whites. Alright buddy, who pissed in your cornflakes?

"...Corps." he finished for Razielle after a long delay, who seemed to have lost a desire to talk.

"I see that I am not entirely welcome."

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-19-2004 06:47 PM Post #39

The Republic? She was bringing Republic members to their planet now?

“Why is he herrre?” Salem asked, seemingly refusing to look back at Winn.

Add Salem Ave to your buddy list Add Salem Ave to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Salem Ave Click Here to See the Profile for Salem Ave Click here to Send Salem Ave a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-19-2004 07:10 PM Post #40

Trying to placate Salem, without appearing to be condescending she explained what little she knew. "I am still not entirely sure what possessed him to land, but I am sure it was to do with making new charts of the system. Of course we cannot have those charts in the hands of the Republic, so rather than simply feed from him and discard his corpse over the ravine, I thought I would see if I could sway him to our cause. He is very knowledgeable, Salem.."

She knew better than to show him any manner of affection in front of Winn. Salem was already still uncomfortable with the beginnings of where their relationship had turned. Razielle stayed rooted to the spot. Surely Salem could see the logic in having an inside ear to the Republic's knowledge of their system..?

She rolled her gaze to Winn. He was going to have to make some decisions very soon...

Winn Yarrow
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-21-2004 04:55 AM Post #41

"I'm part of of the Expeditionary Force. I speak eight different languages fluently, can read sixteen, and have a masters in architechure and anthropology, with a doctorate in astronomy. I'm here because this system hasn't been visited in over a thousand years." He glanced at Razielle, and then back at Salemn. "Officially."

"Stumbling across here wasn't intentional. I was doing routine charting of surface when I saw this... monument. I'm allowed to explore at my discrection because of my expertise. It looked abandonded." Winn said the last part with a shrug.

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-22-2004 05:14 PM Post #42

“I sssee,” Salem gave a slight nod, his temperament much calmer now.

“And he is to stay with us now? As one of us?”

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-23-2004 05:30 PM Post #43

Turning her gaze back to Winn, Razielle looked him up and down as if giving him one final assessment. Nodding to herself she admitted it aloud that is what she wanted. "That is my hope, yes.. But its not up to me ultimately." Her stare leveled at the mortal she watched and waited. It was up to him now.

Winn Yarrow
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-25-2004 05:40 AM Post #44

Winn looked around, relaxing somewhat.

"I'll have to make something up in a few months as to my whereabouts. But..." he ran a finger across the edge of the table for a moment.

"...I think this place has deep history. Would make for an interesting study in the meantime."

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 04-23-2004 12:47 PM Post #45

“You’rrre resssponsible for watching him,” Salem stated, speaking of Winn as if he was a pet of kind, “ensssuring he doesn’t step out of bounds or do anything sss-tupid.”

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 04-23-2004 03:35 PM Post #46

Razielle bestowed upon Salem one of her extremely rare but very affectionate smiles. It was quite genuine. It was a smile designed to melt the most solid of hearts but she figured its charm was wasted on Salem, he was the one person who seemed immuned to her. But it didn't stop her from adoring him. "I'll keep an eye on the scholar, never fear."

Razielle wasn't sure she wanted Winn documenting anything on Elysium's dark history just yet, but she would indulge his curiosity. Sensing the need to get him away from Salem before the Vampyre changed his mind, she tucked her pale hand into the crook of Winn's arm and led him out of the room. "Let's go.. You'll be needing strength and rest before you start cataloging the relics and history of this place..."