PDA

View Full Version : Day That I Die.... (open)

Salem Ave
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:43:33 AM
K'uei Ketsu
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

Day That I Die.... (open)

QuickQuote
Old Post 07-30-2003 08:08 PM Post #1

It had been too long of a night and K'uei was tired and lost. He squinted his eyes, but still could see nothing. With a sigh, the immortal being continued walking down the empty street until he stumbled into a building. "I knew that was there." He thought to himself with a silent grumble.

It had been nearly six months since he lost his sight, but still his eyes remained a pale grey color with brown orbs hardly noticeable. A scar crossed over his left eye diagonally, running from just above his eyebrow down toward his nose where it stopped. He looked rather rough around the edges -- pale in skin tone with several tattoos and an array of chains and spikes.

He was changed, though -- different than he once was.

Indeed, it was rather interesting how he came to be like this -- a Vampire, as some would say. It was clear in the way he felt and even in his smile. His fangs, or rather -- elongated canines, were a curious thing to most who came in contact with him. Those who did never lived to tell of it, though. All of this was thanks to several situations which brought him to be attacked by a Vampire, one quite similar to himself.

In all of his days of hunting and killing Life Stealers, K'uei had never imagined actually becomming one. Then one fateful day, it happened. Those he hunted came in forces at night. They stormed his complex and killed many, but for some reason -- they spared him and instead of taking his life, they turned him into what they were. Now all that was left of the man he had once been, a man with a wife and children and a beautiful home, was a cold, empty shell with two scarred holes on the side of his neck.

He no longer was a part of the mortal world.

Instead, K'uei was left to live for eternity in a world he had once loved -- and now, had to hide in. He was left to find refuge for himself, find others like him -- and, he was left blind. As the Vampire, who was rather young in appearance, backed away from the building, he began feeling his way about with his mind once again, something he had strengthed in the last half of a year.

As he rounded a corner, his eyes moved about as if he was seeing everything for himself, but his mind was at work, feeling with the Force -- something he did not even knew he possessed. It was then that he stopped. "Someone is here." He thought to himself and spun around several times in an attempt to locate the source of this feeling. "Who are you and what do you want with me?" He called out in gentle tenor voice. For several moments, silence seemed to engulf the entire area -- but he knew better than to trust that. Someone was here, and it would not be much longer before they revealed themselves.

Last edited by K'uei Ketsu on 08-18-2003 at 07:01 PM Why: TTT
Add K'uei Ketsu to your buddy list Add K'uei Ketsu to Your Ignore List Find more posts by K'uei Ketsu Click Here to See the Profile for K'uei Ketsu Click here to Send K'uei Ketsu a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 07-30-2003 08:18 PM Post #2

Whoever this person was that was wandering about outside of the stronghold, they weren’t very perceptive. Twice, at least, Salem had been almost entirely visible in the shadows and the man appeared to have just looked right over him. Tired of playing hide and no seek, the Knight decided to take a more direct approach with the waif and leapt out at him, knocking him over from behind. He landed face down and instantly found a boot thudding against his back to hold him in his place.

“Give me one rrreason not to kill you.”

Add Salem Ave to your buddy list Add Salem Ave to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Salem Ave Click Here to See the Profile for Salem Ave Click here to Send Salem Ave a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

K'uei Ketsu
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-30-2003 08:29 PM Post #3

K'uei was completely shocked by the attack and soon found himself on the ground with his face buried in the dirt. As he attempted to get up, a foot was firmly planted atop his back, making it impossible to move. Retreating to his resting position upon his stomach, he hissed as the stranger spoke.

“Give me one rrreason not to kill you.”

The words nearly made the man laugh, but he knew better an instead of being cocky, he feared the stranger. "One good reason?" He thought and soon began his attempt to locate a really good one. Finally he had it and he shut his eyes, unable to see out of them anyway. "I can't die." He stated with confidence -- and that was his reason. Under certain circumstances, he knew it was possible -- but he had a feeling about this stranger. He felt -- familiar, and quite similar to K'uei himself.

"Neither can you." He added, hoping to be right. If not, than the Vampire would kick himself, but something told him that he was, and so, he gave it a chance.

Add K'uei Ketsu to your buddy list Add K'uei Ketsu to Your Ignore List Find more posts by K'uei Ketsu Click Here to See the Profile for K'uei Ketsu Click here to Send K'uei Ketsu a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 07-30-2003 08:34 PM Post #4

“Arrre you sss-o sure?”

The boot again his back was pressed more firmly, shoving his face flush down against the ground for a cold second.

“I know what you arrre – and I know you can die. You may be immortal but you are not immune to all things, vampire… but if you are not convinced of your immunity, I shall test my thesis and gag-tie you until the sssun rises.”

Add Salem Ave to your buddy list Add Salem Ave to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Salem Ave Click Here to See the Profile for Salem Ave Click here to Send Salem Ave a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

K'uei Ketsu
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-30-2003 08:42 PM Post #5

A low growl escaped K'uei's pale lips as he listened to the stranger speak. "I've come seeking -- a place I've heard of. A place where others like me reside." He spoke the truth this time, and now gave the real answer as to why he was here.

"Please, do not take this chance from me." He begged as he became short of breath from the pressure upon his back. For several moments, he wished to heft the being off of his back and unleash fury onto him, but he knew better -- he knew this one was stronger than he. This one had the answers he needed.

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-30-2003 08:49 PM Post #6

“Sss-o we take in one and rrrumor spreads that the Cabal is an open house for all,” Salem scoffed.

For a moment he was silent before stepping away from the pleading vampire. He still watched him as he lay, putting little distance between the two of them as he stared down at him without so much as an ounce of pity or sympathy.

“Where were you discarded from, then?”

K'uei Ketsu
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 07-30-2003 09:16 PM Post #7

"The Cabal? Is that what it's called?" He thought but soon his mind was interrupted by the other Vampire's question. "Discarded?" Again words drifted through his mind. Shaking his head, K'uei rose to his feet and stood there, not facing Salem, but instead, facing away from him by sheer accident.

"I was not discarded from anywhere. I -- I was once a Vampire hunter and one day, I was attacked and now -- I've become one." He stated in low tones, rather ashamed of what he once was and now, he knew not how take take what he had become.

Shifting his weight nervously, the immortal sighed to himself and shook his head. "I've never belonged to any place where others like me exist. In fact -- I've only met one Vampire in my life -- and that was the one who bit me." He said, rubbing the scar upon his neck.

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-30-2003 09:20 PM Post #8

“Oh my heart bleeds,” he hissed vehemently.

If there was one thing that would test the dedication of a potential ‘member’, it was their ability to withstand pressure. If he could deal with being basically bald-face insulted by Salem (up until Razielle came to the rescue), he might just be worthy of setting foot inside the Elysium.

“Poorrr little hunter turned into the thing he hatesss the most. Why didn’t you just burn yourself the day you were made?”

K'uei Ketsu
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 07-30-2003 09:55 PM Post #9

The Vampire growled to himself but did not let the anger over take him this time. He would face down his fellow immortal and stand strong. "Perhaps I should have." He stated rather bluntly, of course, not meaning it.

"I didn't ask to become this -- but now that I am, there isn't much I can do about it." K'uei shifted his weight once again as he continued speaking with his face away from Salem. "I have nothing left and so, I seek out a place where I will be accepted!" He exclaimed, not quite angry yet -- but upset that things were not going very well on his journey thus far. It had been such a tiring search, and now that he had found a Vampire -- it was hostile toward him, and he was sure Salem would never allow him admittence.

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-02-2003 01:58 PM Post #10

“And what if I werrre to say we do not accept you, what then? To whom would you run?”

K'uei Ketsu
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-02-2003 07:28 PM Post #11

K'uei thought about the other's question for a moment and a sinking feeling took over him. "What if they do turn me away?" He questioned himself silently before gathering his thoughts and answering.

"I don't think you will -- I'm a persisitent being and I will prove my worth to you." He said confidently, hoping that Salem might consider granting him membership.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-26-2003 07:31 PM Post #12

For many long moments nothing moved. Not the few living creatures that were about. Not even the wind was inclined enough to stir a rustling in any tree, or send a draft through any loosened crevices. For those moments, everything had stopped. It was if the night itself had gifted her with her own private moment to chose her words, and the future they would alter with them.

As suddenly as the strange aberation had begun, it was ended. A small swirl of both mist and leaves mimicked a cyclone as it made its way to where she stood and then stopped in defeat. It was enough to draw attention to her though.

Razielle shook the dust off the toe of her boot with distaste and stepped forward. She passed the - Vampyre Hunter turned Hunted- with interest that warred with annoyance. Looking askance at him, her violet eyes conveyed that feeling.

"Salem.. it has occurred to me that his experience, as a Hunter, may be....useful. That is, if you can restrain your need to browbeat him long enough to find out if he is any good at killing our kind?"

She gave her fledgling the very sweetest smile she could muster.

"After all... He could have only killed them with knowledge they did not have, yes?"

Last edited by Razielle Shadana on 08-27-2003 at 07:06 PM
Add Razielle Shadana to your buddy list Add Razielle Shadana to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Razielle Shadana Click Here to See the Profile for Razielle Shadana Click here to Send Razielle Shadana a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

K'uei Ketsu
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-21-2004 01:31 AM Post #13

K'uei stood silent as a woman stepped forward and spoke. It seemed that in a way, she was defending him. He wished to speak, wished to say something to make her believe him -- but instead, the other got the chance before him.

Last edited by K'uei Ketsu on 03-23-2004 at 12:42 AM

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-22-2004 05:13 PM Post #14

“Perrrhaps,” Salem would not admit defeat, merely entertain the thought of admitting the man, for Razielle’s sake.

“And you will prrrove your worth before you have our trussst, hunter. You will live in the village with the mortalsss, not in the safety of the stronghold – and if you ssso much as kill a cow, you will endure a punissshment far worse than any your mind can imagine. Underrrstood?”

K'uei Ketsu
Unwelcomed Visitor
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-23-2004 12:48 AM Post #15

K'uei's face hardened slightly as Salem spoke the verdict. "Punishment?" The thought crossed his mind over and over again as he sighed to himself. He would have to starve -- have to fight the beast within him to not drink of the blood he needed. It had been extremely odd at first, but after a while, the hunter grew used to such a ritual. In his mind, it was necessary and things that came as such, had to be done.

His blinde eyes searched to meet those of the woman, or even Salem, but they could not, and he could only rely on the Force for their figures. With a simple nod, the young one nodded. "I will gain your trust then." It was all that needed to be said. It was an affirmation that he would indeed, live up to their challenge and gain the trust of the group that he sought to join.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 03-23-2004 05:43 PM Post #16

That was a harsh sentence indeed. No killing for a Vampyre was akin to fasting as a human.....almost. To K'uei alone she smiled and spoke into his mind.

Don't starve yourself dear... you can feed without killing. We all do it. Bloodwine is also served at the Sangrial Strigoi. I'll check on you there. All of this will be int he past soon enough and you will have eternity within Elysium's walls.

She was giving him an easy out and Salem would not approve. Razielle walked to her love and slid her arm around his waist. "On that note, lets go catch some dinner.."