Sep 28th, 2004, 05:37:35 AM
Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

Draining the dregs

QuickQuote
Old Post 09-13-2003 10:04 AM Post #1

Continued from here....

Two figures began emerged at the foot of the hill that lead to the Elysium, the Cabal keep. With night drawn in they were free to walk and moved with strong strides, the night’s shadows somehow strengthening them. So different in appearance, yet so like in drive, Salem Ave and Jason Dreggs. The former looked down to the latter for a moment before turning his luminous white eyes back to the citadel before them.

“Ourrr home… potentially yourrr home.”

Add Salem Ave to your buddy list Add Salem Ave to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Salem Ave Click Here to See the Profile for Salem Ave Click here to Send Salem Ave a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Jason Dreggs
Member of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 09-19-2003 06:55 AM Post #2

"Nice place."

Jason looked down on the cabal keep not to impressed it was just your average castle really. The smell of Blood was in the air though it was thick and hung in the air as a warning to trespassers.

"So what are the females like here?"

Add Jason Dreggs to your buddy list Add Jason Dreggs to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Jason Dreggs Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Dreggs Click here to Send Jason Dreggs a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 09-21-2003 02:29 PM Post #3

“They are the type who, if they hearrr you sssaying such things, will tearrr out your throat.”

Salem continued to lead the way towards the stronghold. Ahead, the thick plank that bridged the moat had been lowered and was crossed soon by the two vampires. It was as silent as a tomb ahead, most unusual.

We have a guest.

Add Salem Ave to your buddy list Add Salem Ave to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Salem Ave Click Here to See the Profile for Salem Ave Click here to Send Salem Ave a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 09-23-2003 01:37 AM Post #4

We have a guest.

Salem was back. She hadn't asked where he was bound, figuring that he would turn up eventually. Knowing in her blood that he would return, as surely as she knew that eventually she would return also to her Sire. It was, as always, only a matter of time.

But this time he had brought along a guest. That was highly unlike him. Salem was after all the most inhospitable and blunt host in the galaxy, she would wager. So for him to have brought someone into the very sanctity of his home and lair... Well that was something to say the least.

Razielle, immaculate as only the Undead could appear, shifted her cold gaze down the marble staircase. She descended with the regal bearing of a Queen. Stopping just short of the two, recently arrived Vampyre's.

This..guest didn't look like the sort Salem would bring to the Cabal. But then again.. he had never done such a thing before. She also sensed the blood of..... someone whose essense she had also felt at the Coven. That at least was slightly reassuring.

"Newly turned I see... Are we adopting strays now Salem? Or do we just need something from....."

She fixed the other with eyes that shone like violet jewels in the artificial light of the foyer.

"What was your name..?"

Add Razielle Shadana to your buddy list Add Razielle Shadana to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Razielle Shadana Click Here to See the Profile for Razielle Shadana Click here to Send Razielle Shadana a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Jason Dreggs
Member of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 10-09-2003 10:52 PM Post #5

Jason’s eyes raised a bit as he saw the woman but they went quickly back to there normal position. He was to soon for him to become food he thought to himself so he tried to hold his composer even though he felt very uneasy, maybe it hadn't been a good idea to follow Salem here. Perhaps he should have taken his chances with the hunter.

"The name is Jason Dreggs ma' err.... I'm sorry what would you like to be called?"

Jason was stood there nervously. He was always one who was good with words when it came to woman but he was at loss at the sight of Raz. He stood there in his dirty glory, he hadn't had much time to clean himself up for this meeting. He hoped his smell wouldn't scare away the living dead.

Add Jason Dreggs to your buddy list Add Jason Dreggs to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Jason Dreggs Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Dreggs Click here to Send Jason Dreggs a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 10-13-2003 06:45 PM Post #6

This was what came from the splitting of the Vampyre house. Razielle believed this Vampyre actually feared her, In fact the very look in his eyes said he was at once intrigued and terrified and wishing he were elsewhere. Still despite all the dirt and open warriness, he was still here after all. Few would have made it this far.

"I'm Razielle... That should be enough. "

She decided to have mercy on him for the moment.

"I am not going to tear you apart or anything, not right now at least. "

She turned her attention back to Salem and couldn't help but once again ponder his motivations. What had he been doing to come across this, Jason? He was obviously made from someone who's Blood had been a part of the Coven, but which one? She couldn't refrain from taunting her fledgling, it was after all, far too easy to get a quick and passionately mad response from him.

"Where'd you find this one, Salem? You weren't followed were you?"

She already knew the answer, he wasn't that careless. Still it was fun to annoy him.

Her eyes slid back to Jason. Maybe it wasn't her he feared. There seemed to be something else she was missing. Very interesting indeed...

Last edited by Razielle Shadana on 10-15-2003 at 07:01 PM
Add Razielle Shadana to your buddy list Add Razielle Shadana to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Razielle Shadana Click Here to See the Profile for Razielle Shadana Click here to Send Razielle Shadana a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 10-14-2003 01:30 PM Post #7

Salem gave Jason a push forward. He didn’t appear angry or intending to be aggressive with this gesture. IT seemed more as though he was treating Jason as an object instead of a person- a trinket or trophy that he had found.

“He is of ourrr bloodline. I thought you would be pleasssed that I had freed him from them.”

Jason Dreggs
Member of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 10-27-2003 04:26 AM Post #8

Jason looked to Salem with a curious look on his face. What exactly did this man or thing free him from? As far as Jason new he had freed himself.

"What exactly did you free me from Salem? I coulda swore I was a free Vampire when we met. Razielle it’s very nice to meet you and thanks for not ripping me apart just yet. I can't say for sure why Salem brought me here all I can say is I wanted to come. So far I’m not disappointed in my decision and I would very much like to stay and learn what you have to teach."

Jason gave a sly smile he was still a little leery of his new surroundings but his courage was starting to settle into a groove. He now looked at Razielle with confidence that he had lacked even when he first met Salem.

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 12-17-2003 10:52 PM Post #9

"I frrreed you from wasting your life as a waif… a vagrant," Salem hissed, shaking his head.

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 12-18-2003 10:13 PM Post #10

So they were going to finally put into words the very heart of the "great dilema"? The whole basis of "Us and Them" would be set down into something as crude as a conversation at last. Let it all be said and done then, she was far too sick of keeping her opinions silent.

Salem was correct in his assumption, the fact that Jason was of their Blood line was not only enough for her to not threaten his Immortal life, it was also enough for her to want to help him. Razielle lost the look of haughty disdain and reached for Jason's hand, tucking it into the crook of her arm as she walked with him farther into the keep.

"What Salem is getting at Jason, if you hadn't been aware, is that among our great race we have recently split into separate.. clans for lack of a better word. From one great Blood line and family have come two groups. I have also heard rumors of a thrid group unrelated to our Blood. They have made no move to seek us out to my knowledge and I am not sure how to take that. It is a great misfortune and sorrow that the Immortals are no longer of one mind."

Razielle spoke as if these matters didn't tear at her heart personally. Oh, to be sure she would go on and grow as a Vampyre but to do so without her Master and Sire with her was emotionally vexing to her. She stopped just short of the doors leading into her study.

"I have been mapping our Blood for some time now. Kind of a Vampyric family tree. The Cabal are directly descended from the Coven, more importantly from Lord Saurron who is of the purest strain of Vampyrism that I am presently aware of. "

She frowned slightly as she went on.

"The problem with the other's to my way of thinking is that all one needs is a pair of fangs to make their standards. There is no majesty in creating legions of unskilled, uneducated carbon copy fledglings. Immortality is no gift to be given so freely. "

Razielle turned and fixed her violet stare on Jason.

"Do you know the Vampyre that created you..?"

Last edited by Razielle Shadana on 12-18-2003 at 10:19 PM

Jason Dreggs
Member of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 12-18-2003 10:47 PM Post #11

Jason looked to his feet as he thought about the red haired emerald eyed goddess that had turned him. She was love at first site if there was such a thing. It was hard to describe the connection they had that had faded away so fast.

"She was a special assassin of some kind, her name was Miranda Dunleavy. I lost my connection with her totally, I really can't explain it. It’s almost like she isn't a vampire anymore or she got killed or something. In my heart I know she is still alive though and I will find her someday."

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 01-02-2004 11:57 PM Post #12

"I've neverrr heard of her," Salem gave a light shrug of his shoulders, looking to Razielle momemtarily. "It is quite possible that she hasss fallen. I've hearrrd rumours of there being vampire hunters wandering the corrre worlds picking off strays. All the more reason for us to band together, rrr-eally. We want to preserve as much of the original bloodline as possible, and that sssimply can't happen with mercenaries and Jedi picking off ill-educated Shrinelings."

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 01-03-2004 04:25 AM Post #13

"I knew of her.."

Razielle closed her eyes and thought back to her days within the Coven Citadel. It had been her home, her family had resided there. Then it had all come crashing down, rebuilt unstable and the original vision, profained.

But she had seen the Assassin, Miranda. Both there and onboard the Sanguine. Closing her eyes, Razielle focused on all she knew of the Vampyre, Miranda and let her mind meld with the single heartbeat of all the Undead. It was only a few seconds, but it was long enough to know Miranda wasn't among them anymore.

"I am sorry, Jason. Either she has been killed or she is no longer an Immortal. I do not know how such a thing could happen, but it is always a possibilty."

She would not attempt to console him. She could promise him nothing more than what Salem had already suggested. That they must preserve their Blood line, stick tgether and prevail. Having Jason with them, made him family of sorts and he would be looked after and treated as such from here on.

"Stay with us Jason, if we can find her, we will."

Jason Dreggs
Member of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 01-07-2004 12:02 AM Post #14

Jason nod in agreement with the deal. If Miranda was dead it was time for Jason to move on, although somewhere in the back of his mind he knew she was still alive. This place the cabal would be his new home from this point forth.

"Thank you both. I will stay and aid you in your quest to preserve the bloodline. I do have a warning though, I have a hunter on my tail some vampires consider him the best. He is from an ancient bloodline and a rare bloodline; from all appearances he looks and acts human but has the strength's of the vampire. Some Vampire myths call his kind the Day walkers."

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 01-07-2004 06:34 PM Post #15

"And he hunts all vampires, or have you warranted his attention personally?"

Jason Dreggs
Member of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 01-08-2004 09:29 PM Post #16

"Yes he does hunt all vampire but I have warranted his personal attention or at least the attention of the man he works for. You see this hunter is a lackey of my fathers; they have a deal of sorts. My father finds information on vampire clubs and hangouts; in return Gerbo gives him anything worth value pillaged from these places. It would seem vampires have this thing with relics of old. Right now the only thing my father seeks is me, he wish to give me something I don't want.

Gerbo Lang is the day walker’s name he claims to be of some ancient bloodline that long ago died out and now only certain vampires can recreate it. Only problem is in the end these vampires will have to die. He call himself a dhampire, the shrine seemed to know of his kind which as far as I could tell was less then a handful, maybe even just Gerbo."

Jason just shook his head as he thought on some of the old stories Gerbo use to tell him back before he was a vampire. He had always admired the hunter until now, now he saw what the man was destroying.

"I had just escaped when Salem found me but I doubt he will end his search for me. When he does come for me he will plan on destroying every last one of you."

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 01-08-2004 11:21 PM Post #17

"Let him come. He can't take us all on. The Cabal is a Unity, you mess with one of us, you have the whole nasty lot of us to deal with. If he comes after you while you are here, he is stupider than he sounds."

Razielle looked entirely unconcerned. In fact she looked somewhat amused at the situation.

"In fact I wish he would. I would like to get sample of what is obviously a tainted strain of Vampyrism. All the better to study it and ultimately kill it off, like the plague it is. "

She wondered if the possibility that a Hunter may be tracking them worried Salem? She doubted it much but watched for his reaction.

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 01-08-2004 11:24 PM Post #18

As if on queue, Salem looked right back at Razielle.

"Let the dogs come. We sss-hall feast on their corrrpses."

Jason Dreggs
Member of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 01-09-2004 11:11 PM Post #19

"Yeah let that dog come to us, even though he believes us to be the tainted strand." He spoke sarcastically on that last part to maybe draw a little laughter from this serious conversation.

"Is there anything you want to know or I need to know?"

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 01-10-2004 01:14 AM Post #20

"He won't get in radius of this place without one of several nasty defense systems going off in a rather permanent way. But maybe you should at some point enlighten us further, so we may exploit his death to our full advantage."

Razielle shared a look of excitement with Salem. Other than the system reacting to Lord Phantom's unannounced arrival, they hadn't had much in the way of sport here...yet.

"As far as you go, this is home now for you. I will advise the others living here of your admittance. I would recommend a bit of caution around the Lady Jezebella though. She dosen't like strangers, but for you she might just make a concession."

Jason Dreggs
Member of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 01-16-2004 12:05 AM Post #21

"Sounds good and I will heed your words as best I can."

Jason stood there for a moment before taking his leave of the two Vampires. He wanted to savor the moment of his acceptance just a bit. He now had a new home and knew family although it was bitter sweet. He had lost a master and love also he lost his old home. For some reason though all that seemed small compared to this.

"Thanks again Salem and Razielle. I think I would like to explore this place a bit on my own if you don't mind?"

Razielle Shadana
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 01-16-2004 02:03 AM Post #22

"By all means..."

Razielle smiled and followed Salem off, seeing how she could entertain herself by disgruntling him this night.