PDA

View Full Version : I cooks you soups! If you makes me mad, I cooks you POISNENS!

Salem Ave
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:29:20 AM
Master Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

I cooks you soups! If you makes me mad, I cooks you POISNENS!

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-15-2003 09:46 PM Post #1

The little Groundskeeper has an interesting setup around his stove. A set of stools, each taller than the last, leads as a set of steps up to the stovetop where the little creature is toiling away, shredding vegetables and meat and throwing it indiscriminantly into a big pot.

I cooks the dinner and does the laundry and cleans the Citadel, I does! No one but the nice girl makes it easy for poor Groundskeeper, no they don't! Nones come to dinner when they called, I cook 'em poisnens if they not show up again!

Add Master Groundskeeper to your buddy list Add Master Groundskeeper to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Master Groundskeeper Click Here to See the Profile for Master Groundskeeper Click here to Send Master Groundskeeper a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-15-2003 09:53 PM Post #2

“Uhevo'rlo bai'ieu devo…”

A tuneful voice streamed into the kitchen, a continual purr in a thick accent. Moments after it was heard, Daria was twisted around the threshold and vying the groundskeeper with an impish smile.

“Hello, little one,” she oozed off of the doorframe towards the creature, beaming a smile.

Add Daria Nytherciria to your buddy list Add Daria Nytherciria to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Daria Nytherciria Click Here to See the Profile for Daria Nytherciria Click here to Send Daria Nytherciria a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Jared Mriad
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 08-17-2003 05:08 AM Post #3

Something smelled good from the mess hall wing. Jared paused at one of the enterance ways, a thick log with charred ends cradled in both arms. Somebody left a note in his room last night; something about getting some wood or no more lightstick?

Jared shrugged, squeezing through the door with little to no trouble. "Ey? Who wanted the firewood?"

Add Jared Mriad to your buddy list Add Jared Mriad to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Jared Mriad Click Here to See the Profile for Jared Mriad Click here to Send Jared Mriad a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Master Groundskeeper
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-17-2003 12:07 PM Post #4

You is putting the woods in the stove! is the immediate reply. I cooks the soups; I has not the time to do it.

The wee beast smiles back at Daria.

Ceem ovozyzc. Beuhm ieu khoaxo xor eur xkeezx azm chaxxox ar oagl glayt?

Last edited by Master Groundskeeper on 08-17-2003 at 12:16 PM
Add Master Groundskeeper to your buddy list Add Master Groundskeeper to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Master Groundskeeper Click Here to See the Profile for Master Groundskeeper Click here to Send Master Groundskeeper a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-17-2003 12:22 PM Post #5

Daria twisted to look at the one who had entered. It was the man who had been hanging upside down. She laughed quietly at the groundskeepers words, before whispering.

“I would do it if I were you… he has poisnens.”

The Doz’rah turned sharply back and nodded an affirmative at the cook before gathering up a handful of spoons and starting around the awfully large wooden table – putting one in the place in front of each chair.

Add Daria Nytherciria to your buddy list Add Daria Nytherciria to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Daria Nytherciria Click Here to See the Profile for Daria Nytherciria Click here to Send Daria Nytherciria a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Black Waltz
Keeper of the Forest
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 08-17-2003 12:26 PM Post #6

Curiousity had gotten the better of the keeper of the Baffor, who fluttered in through one of the dark windows of the Citadel like a gargantuan lanky butterfly. He zipped up into the great wooden rafters than ran across the ceiling of the kitchen and peered down from above, his hat slouching and slipping over his eyes every few seconds before he would push it away with one heavy cuff.

Add Black Waltz to your buddy list Add Black Waltz to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Black Waltz Click Here to See the Profile for Black Waltz Click here to Send Black Waltz a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Jared Mriad
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-17-2003 03:37 PM Post #7

Jared shrugged, "Wouldn't want that, then.."

Crap, the logs were a tad bit too long for the stove. Oh well, two quick slices from a red blur that originated from the back of Jared's hand fixed the problem promptly and fed the stove for awhile. "Y'want anythin' else?"

Add Jared Mriad to your buddy list Add Jared Mriad to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Jared Mriad Click Here to See the Profile for Jared Mriad Click here to Send Jared Mriad a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 08-17-2003 03:54 PM Post #8

It was a rare occasion that the members of the Krath congregated for anything purely social. Most of the time, an occasion such as this would be devoted to discussing important matters, or dealing with them.

The last time the entire group had met, it was when Salem had come back to gather more traitors. It was a pleasure to be able to do this without some sort of problem looming over them.

Naj had been outside practicing for most of the day, and had almost been late, which was evident by a small bead of sweat forming at the top of his forehead. He had just enough time to run back to his tower and change clothes before showing up for dinner. Conveniently enough, he seemed somewhat early, since dinner was still cooking.

As he walked in, he spotted Daria setting out spoons.

"Good evening, I was wondering where you had gone."

Add Naj Arilov to your buddy list Add Naj Arilov to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Naj Arilov Click Here to See the Profile for Naj Arilov Click here to Send Naj Arilov a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Master Groundskeeper
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 08-17-2003 08:36 PM Post #9

Carefully the groundskeeper settles a lid on the top of his pot and turns to look up at the Waltz.

You is setting glasses for Miss Daria, or I is sickening your trees!

It waddles down its flight of stools and begins to fret with the tablecloth and lanterns, counting the Krath members present versus the number who have yet to arrive.

Soups is ready in a minute. It simmerses until the lid comes off and is ready for eatin'.

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-17-2003 09:08 PM Post #10

“I wasn’t going to pass up a chance at tasting our little friends cooking,” Daria winked at Naj, before glancing up into the two glowing slits above – presumably where the Waltz was scowling down at the cook.

With all the spoons set out, Daria slipped down into her chair and waited expectantly.

Black Waltz
Keeper of the Forest
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 08-17-2003 09:11 PM Post #11

If the Waltz had been one to make noises, it would have snorted indignantly. Still, it dipped down from the rafters, its wings causing quite the draft as it bobbed about in the air, plucking up glasses and one by one placing them by their spoons. The final goblet it set in front of Daria, whom it made a sort of frown at before rolling in mid air and zipping off into the shadows above once more.

Add Black Waltz to your buddy list Add Black Waltz to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Black Waltz Click Here to See the Profile for Black Waltz Click here to Send Black Waltz a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Sonzai Kurai
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-19-2003 03:36 AM Post #12

Sonzai wanders in after smelling something interesting, looking about curiously. She hadn't really interacted with the other members of the Krath besides Master and Neepik so she was a bit shy.

Add Sonzai Kurai to your buddy list Add Sonzai Kurai to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Sonzai Kurai Click Here to See the Profile for Sonzai Kurai Click here to Send Sonzai Kurai a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Master Groundskeeper
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 08-21-2003 09:06 PM Post #13

The lid of the pot bangs as steam pushes it up a bit. Just a few minutes more and he'll be ready to serve it. It does a count of people again and spots Sonzai, waddling over and reaching up to take the tip of her finger and lead her to the table. It's the best it can do; it's too short to properly take her hand.

Misses Sonzai, you is out of your room! Come, sits you down and be comfortable! There is soups cookin' for dinner.

It pulls out one of the chairs--a difficult task for one so small as it is--and gestures for her to sit.

Sonzai Kurai
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-22-2003 12:55 AM Post #14

Sonzai eyes the little character, she hadn't seen much of him but then again she hardly did much since Master left, there just wasn't anything to do. She had always acknowledged him though when he came around though how he knew her name, she didn't know. She sits in the chair he pulled out and smiles a little.

"Thanks."

Add Sonzai Kurai to your buddy list Add Sonzai Kurai to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Sonzai Kurai Click Here to See the Profile for Sonzai Kurai Click here to Send Sonzai Kurai a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Jared Mriad
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 08-30-2003 03:33 AM Post #15

Jared moved away from the stove shortly after Sonzai's enterance, idling at one of the room's windows. His rope still hung from the third tower, he'd have to take it down soon or risk it breaking from weather next time he felt inclined to use it.

"Groundskeeper, there was a broken rafter in the south wing I fixed for you. No insult intended, but you could not have reached it alone," He said, waiting off to the side for the others all to sit..

Master Groundskeeper
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-31-2003 03:36 AM Post #16

The lid blows off the pot; its stew is done. The creature climbs up to the stovetop, ladeling out bowls for the gathered crowd and addressing Jared over its shoulder.

You is good for doing that. I is not good at fixing tall things. Now sits you in a chair; I haves your soups.

It places the five bowls onto a serving platter and carefully, carefully takes it off the counter, holding it over its head and scooting it up onto the table.

Takes a bowl and eats your soups afore it colds!