PDA

View Full Version : This corrosion (Naj)

Salem Ave
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:28:27 AM
Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

This corrosion (Naj)

QuickQuote
Old Post 08-02-2003 01:24 PM Post #1

A twist of a dagger and a stab at the air. Another slice, this time cutting the air with a metallic fsh. Daria’s body twisted and moved in flickers, one minute facing one way and the next another. She held the dagger hilts with the blades downwards, always, and raked them at the air with all the skill of a master. She seemed unaware of what was going on around her but in fact was so perceptive that the movement of a moth across her vision caused her to whirl around and spear the creature right out of the air.

Only after some time did she stop, inhale and then allow herself to remain motionless, panting. It didn’t seem like a lot of work but keeping herself so tightly bound to form and kata was difficult. Shoulders rising and falling, she didn’t bother to turn her head as she heard footsteps approaching.

“Morning. Sorry if I woke you.”

Add Daria Nytherciria to your buddy list Add Daria Nytherciria to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Daria Nytherciria Click Here to See the Profile for Daria Nytherciria Click here to Send Daria Nytherciria a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 08-03-2003 03:10 PM Post #2

"I was just about to apologize for disturbing you..."

Truthfully, Naj was surprised that Daria was awake and in her room. Some nights ago, she had snuck out of the tower, presuming Naj had been asleep. It was luck that he had seen her, as he found that Daria could move quite silently when she so desired. This morning he had heard no stirring coming from her room. He had presumed she had left again, and hadnt made it back yet. To his surprise, he found her training...

"You must have very sharp reflexes to spear something as small as a moth from the air..."

Add Naj Arilov to your buddy list Add Naj Arilov to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Naj Arilov Click Here to See the Profile for Naj Arilov Click here to Send Naj Arilov a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-03-2003 03:18 PM Post #3

She simply replied, “Yes.”

A few paces brought her, in the relatively small room, to her desk, on which she set down the two daggers. Inhaling with a slight hiss through her teeth, she drew her forearm back over her brow, which was hot to the touch.

“It comes from lots of practice, as I’m sure you can imagine.”

Add Daria Nytherciria to your buddy list Add Daria Nytherciria to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Daria Nytherciria Click Here to See the Profile for Daria Nytherciria Click here to Send Daria Nytherciria a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-04-2003 05:11 AM Post #4

"I think there's a little more to it than that.."

Naj smiled a bit, careful not to get any closer. He wasnt intimidated, but he still wanted to be sure he wouldnt end up like the poor innocent little moth.

"You've always had good reflexes, even before you began training, havent you?"

Add Naj Arilov to your buddy list Add Naj Arilov to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Naj Arilov Click Here to See the Profile for Naj Arilov Click here to Send Naj Arilov a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-04-2003 12:15 PM Post #5

Daria nodded faintly, gathering her hair up in both hands and pulling it into a ponytail. She closed her eyes a moment as she stretched her whole body, arms spread over her head. Once her arms had fallen back to her sides, one hand resting against her hip, she looked back at the chiss before her.

“I want you to tell me something, Naj.”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-04-2003 03:28 PM Post #6

"All you have to do is ask...."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-04-2003 03:34 PM Post #7

“I want you to tell me about your abilities.”

There was a defiance in her eyes that suggested she wasn’t about to take no for an answer in this instance.

“I want to learn how to use them too.”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-04-2003 03:42 PM Post #8

Naj smiled quaintly. Even though he himself wasnt very advanced in the ways of the Force. He knew all to well of a lust for power. Ambition. When applied correctly, mere men could become something more. Something greater...

Daria displayed the same drive that Naj saw in himself. The drive that pushed him to push the limits of his abilities. The more he pushed, the less limited he felt.

"In time. Patience is a virtue it seems."

And he turned to leave the room.

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 08-04-2003 03:48 PM Post #9

“One that I do not hold dear.”

She extended a hand outwards and all at once felt the urge to completely ravage Naj’s mind for his refusal to show her, only managing to restrain herself on the principle that without him she would not be able learn. What right did he have to say no? He couldn’t just bring her here, promising everything and the world, then deny it.

“Tell me now.”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-04-2003 03:56 PM Post #10

Naj felt a surge of emotion in the room. Faint, but present. Since he started his training, he had begun to feel more attuned to these energies. He could feel her frustration.

"As I said. Patience is a virtue. One that you will find useful."

Naj turned to face her once again.

"Lack of patience leads to foolish decisions. I trust you've learned this. You have much potential, Im just not sure if you're ready to test it."

And he turned to leave again.

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-04-2003 04:02 PM Post #11

Her whole being had filled with self-important indignation.

“Who are you, a mere learner, to decide when I am ready?”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 08-04-2003 04:08 PM Post #12

"Confrontation isnt necessary Daria. Dont look at me as someone who knows the way, but as someone who has walked in your shoes. You can walk down the path beside me, but you will face the same obstacles as I. Is your ambition that important to you."

Naj stepped toward her slightly.

"Are you that determined to become something greater than what you are?"

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-04-2003 04:13 PM Post #13

Well it certainly would be hard to sink any lower!

Her cheeks had flushed red in her anger. This was infuriating. At her sides, her fists balled.

“Of course I want to become something better, everyone does! I can’t stand this, just waiting for the next seizure to come and render me a blubbering child.”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-04-2003 04:18 PM Post #14

"Then follow me."

This time, Naj didnt pause at the door.

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-04-2003 04:20 PM Post #15

A small sense of relief piqued in her mind as she strode off after Naj, barefoot. She didn’t bother to ask him where they were going, instead just following in silence.

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-04-2003 04:30 PM Post #16

"As you should already know, the mind is capable of more than just storing and processing thoughts..."

Naj spoke as she caught up to him..

"When applied, one's mental abilities can be pushed to exceed mediocrity. Some have more potential than others. You have more potential than I could have possibly imagined."

Last edited by Naj Arilov on 08-04-2003 at 04:36 PM

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-04-2003 04:37 PM Post #17

Walking at Naj’s flank, she nodded assertively.

“Yes, it is the strongest weapon we are naturally gifted with,” she mused aloud.

“I understand that I am able to do what I can do because I was born with the gift but…”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-04-2003 05:13 PM Post #18

"But you can do so much more...."

Naj didnt break stride as he spoke. As cordial and polite as he was with her, now was an important time. He took this very seriously.

"When I was born, I could do nothing that I can now. Gift and potential are two seperate things. You have your gift, but you've yet to even scratch your potential."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-05-2003 10:54 AM Post #19

“So you must show me how to do so.”

She wet her dry lips.

“We will learn together.”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-05-2003 04:01 PM Post #20

"It won't be easy."

The side door to the tower opened to a bright welcoming from the early morning light. It was a stern contrast to the tower's dim lightning, and Naj felt himself squinting slightly, as the faint red glow from his eyes flared in the fresher air.

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-07-2003 12:08 PM Post #21

Daria’s skin prickled as the chill of the morning, a stark contrast to the lukewarm tower, blanketed over her body. She was bare foot, and walked down the stairs quickly as the stone was absolutely freezing, ending up stepping onto the slightly damp grass instead – not much of an improvement.

“Nothing ever is easy.”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-08-2003 12:04 PM Post #22

"I still have confidence in you"

Naj smiled faintly, though he didnt look back. His course led straight to his ship, where they would be able to start some basics in privacy, and be able to deal with any seizure Daria might have.

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 08-09-2003 11:14 AM Post #23

As they boarded the familiar ship, Daria turned and waited for Naj to enter before closing – and locking – the door behind him. She smiled thinly.

“Where do we start?”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-09-2003 12:07 PM Post #24

"We start by getting into orbit. If you dont want the others to feel the effects of your seizure, then that is the best place for us, I think."

Naj started down the main hall toward the bridge.

"But until then, we'll go to the observation deck. Its spacious, so we'll have plenty of room to move around."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-10-2003 11:38 AM Post #25

“There's an obsevation deck on here?”

Daria was confused. She had been on the ship and explored it before, and found no such thing. Heading after Naj, Daria wrinkled her nose and felt as though she was about to sneeze.

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-10-2003 03:15 PM Post #26

Upon reaching the bridge, Naj powered up all the generators, then the engines. This took a few minutes, as Mephisto was a surprisingly large craft. Large enough in fact, that it stayed docked about 100 meters away from the actual landing pad, where the valley had opened up into a large plain.

After everything was ready, they blasted off toward space. Soon they would be in orbit. As soon as auto pilot could safely take over, Naj led Daria up to the observation deck.

The interior of this room was.....comfortable. Two large conform-couches were setup, with a large transparsteel viewing window. Other than that, the room was wide open...

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-10-2003 03:19 PM Post #27

Daria fell, sprawled, onto one of the couches, taking a moment to enjoy the fabric beneath her before looking out at the stars.

"Mmm," she purred, and half-curled up into a ball for a moment before stretching out fully once again.

"Just so you know, it's going to happen soon, so you should probably talk fast."

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-10-2003 03:24 PM Post #28

"Good, thats where we'll begin."

Naj gave her a confident look. He knew she could control the seizure, it would just be a matter of her asserting control, something that the Doz'rah had obviously neglected to teach her, if they themselves could.

"Just remember, no matter how hard it is...pay attention to me, use me as a focus. I'll help guide you through this..."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-10-2003 03:27 PM Post #29

"If you're not rolling around on the floor out of your head too,"

She gave him a defiant look before returning her attention to the window and the stars beyond. She wiggled her toes a little without consiously meaning too and stretched again, cat-like. Lifting one foot, she tapped on the transparisteel.

"What's that blue star called?"

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 08-10-2003 03:33 PM Post #30

"I can handle myself fine, thank you. And I dont know what the name of it is...might not even have a name...."

Naj sat on the floor, which in itself was comfortable. Naj's human father apparantly enjoyed this. Most likely, it was where he would whore himself around with strange women, like Naj's mother.

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-10-2003 03:39 PM Post #31

"Poor thing."

She slipped over so that she was laying on her side and looked down at Naj, wondering where his pupil-less eyes were looking. He was an odd looking thing, as far as humanoids went, but then again she wasn't particularly well travelled so for all she knew she looked odd.

Do you stargaze with all of your guests, Naj, or am I getting special treatment? she smiled to herself as she thought, You odd little man.

Sitting up, she slipped down onto her knees, hands flat down against the ground in front of her body as she crawled towards the chiss, hissing through her teeth.

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-10-2003 03:45 PM Post #32

Naj arched an eyebrow toward Daria. Admittedly, he hadnt been with many women in his lifetime, but her actions did seem pretty flirtacious.

The problem was that Naj, with all his knowledge and intelligence, didnt have the slightest on how to react. Instead, he merely turned to face her, wondering what exactly he was gonna do if she got much closer...

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-10-2003 03:49 PM Post #33

Daria was on Naj in no time, not leaving him much thought for what he was to do to react. Both palms pushed against his shoulders to lower him backwards. It made her smile on the inside to see him looking so bewildered, but she maintained a more soft and sultry expression on the surface.

"You know what I have always wanted to try?"

It probably wasn't possible for the Doz'rah to impose her body upon her counterparts anymore unless she had been totally flush against him. Head leant in close, she whispered:

"F-"

... And her voice cut off. A look of dread began slowly spreading over her face.

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-10-2003 03:53 PM Post #34

Naj's face went from surprise to concern as she was cut off from what she was about to say. On his shoulder, he could feel her hand start to tremble.

"Is it starting?"

He tensed somewhat ready to slide out from under her in a moment, so they could start working through her seizure..

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-10-2003 03:57 PM Post #35

There was no way Naj was going anywhere. Daria's hands pushed over his shoulders and down his back, as her arms gripped around him. She was shaking as though she was cold, and still staring off into a mid-distant point.

"F-f-rell..."

BANG

"yyyeeeeeEEEEAAARRRGH!"

A rush of memories all flooded before he eyes at once, some hers, some Naj's, all succeeding in totally disorientating her.

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-10-2003 04:04 PM Post #36

A feeling of disorientation pushed its way into his mind, much stronger than he'd felt before. He grit his teeth slightly and fought back, quickly reorganizing his train of thought, repeating it over and over in his mind.

Due to Daria and himself being so close, and slightly intimate when the seizure started, it amplified the effect on him.

As he fought with the disorientation, he felt Daria's hold around him loosen, and he took the opportunity to roll over and ease her to the floor.

"Daria....look at me...dont let it happen...say outloud, where are we?"

He held her right hand in his left, and rested his hand on her side, over her ribs. This way, he could moniter her breathing and pulse rate.

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-10-2003 04:08 PM Post #37

Daria was convulsing like an epileptic in a Corellian lightshow.

"Nnngh-nng.."

Her limbs would seize up and freeze one moment then try to thrash and flail the next.

"Nnngaaa-naaaaggj."

It was as though somewhere in the back of her mind she was trying to say something, but the other half of her consious was violently defying her will. Frustrating to say the least. After a few frantic seconds she managed to force the word out.

"Fsss... NAJ!"

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-10-2003 04:10 PM Post #38

"WE'RE ON MY SHIP.....SAY IT DARIA! WE ARE ON MEPHISTO...SAY IT!"

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-10-2003 04:13 PM Post #39

Her eyes rolled up half into her head and it looked for a moment as though she was going to fall unconsious, but her head snapped back up to attention with another jolt of pain.

"Mph..."

It was like being on some hideous narcotic. She groaned heavily and tried not to vomit.

"MmphistoooOOWWW!"

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-10-2003 04:18 PM Post #40

"Good Good....You're doing good....Fight it now....Keep saying it in your head..Mephisto....just keep saying it.."

Her heart was racing, her breathing started to become very erradic..

"Calm your body Daria...Breathe in......Breathe out.......Breathe in..."

Naj let his voice trail off. He could sense her fear of this. Conquering that would be a major obstacle. Through all this, he was still mentally repeating everything to keep his own focus, although stray thoughts did manage to break through here and there, one of which was Daria's voice saying the word 'Mephisto'. They were starting to make progress....

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-10-2003 10:30 PM Post #41

Daria's throat felt as though it was about to close up. The sudden dryness caused coughing and for a second or two she lost all hold on the word Mephisto. It came back to her soon however, as Naj hissed and yelled it at her from above. Lulling in and out of focus as she was, she tried repeating it to herself in her mind to break away the flashes. Sure enough, the screams passing her lips were becoming less frequent and she even managed to breath out a 'phis' at one point.

This stage of the seizure was far less violent than the rest, a sort of quiet respite between the prelude and requiem. It wouldn't last for long, of course, so she tried to pull and tie together what shreds of coherency she had while she had the chance.

"Mephisto... mif... mephisto."

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 10:32 AM Post #42

"Just keep your focus now. Breathe like you're doing. You can get through this. If you feel confusion coming on, focus harder, fight your thoughts back in place."

Naj squeezed her hand lightly and rubbed her side, to try to relax her.

"Keep your eyes open..."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 11:09 AM Post #43

As Doz'rah usually spent their seizure time alone, it was common for them to simply allow their consious to slip away. With Naj here she was suprised at home much she could see beyond the blur of colours and pick out his cobalt face hovering above her.

"Y... I am on..."

Her head fell back again. Biting her lip, she let out a loud exasperated sigh.

"I am on theee Mephisto!"

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 11:14 AM Post #44

"You're doing good Daria."

Naj kept to comforting and encouraging her. This was most likely very new to her..

"You control your own powers. They cant control you..."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 11:21 AM Post #45

"I..."

Daria's twitches seemed to be slowing. It looked as though she was making good progress.

"I think..."

Her eyes opened fully and all haze faded away. It wasn't that she had a hold on herself, simply that the seizure had ceased and allowed her to regain normal hold over her body.

"... I think it's over."

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 11:39 AM Post #46

Naj waited a moment, worried that as soon as he spoke, it would start back up.

"You did excellent..."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 11:43 AM Post #47

Letting her body just collapse, Daria let out a long sigh.

"Nnnugh... that was awful," she pouted and gave another gruff sigh.

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 12:03 PM Post #48

"but you beat it though.......And you'll get better everytime.."

She'd went through her first lesson with flying colors. Even though he couldnt actually train her as an apprentice, he was proud of her, and himself for helping her through..

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 12:09 PM Post #49

"Thanks."

Daria gave her toes another wiggle. Looking up to Naj, she smiled a little.

"Think I can get up now?"

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 12:24 PM Post #50

"Of course..."

Naj moved aside and sat back down. Now that the first step of her training was over, it wouldnt be long before they would press on to other things..

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 08-11-2003 12:30 PM Post #51

She sat up and pulled her feet up so that the soles were pushed together and her knees were akimbo.

"That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be actually. I'm a quick learner, I'm sure I'll have it all sorted in no time."

Daria winked.

"So what now then, more stars? It seems a bit of a waste to have launched up into space for nothing more than this short lesson."

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 12:33 PM Post #52

"You seem a bit disappointed."

Naj glanced over.

"I thought this would be a major accomplishment for you"

He answered with a wink and a grin, then took to looking back to the stars again...

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 12:37 PM Post #53

"So did I,"

The Doz'rah rose to her feet and walked over to the window, turning and leaning her back against it.

"I feel a bit cheated now."

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 12:40 PM Post #54

"Why, because you overcame a burden thats affected you all your life?"

Naj got up and walked to Daria's side..

"If it would please you, we could work hard and make the seizures come back even worse."

Naj replied somewhat dryly, but nudged Daria with his elbow to hint that he was joking.

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 12:43 PM Post #55

"I just thought it would be a little more difficult than this. My people have suffered it for hundreds of years and now I find out that within the space of ten minutes I can virtually half the effect it has on me."

Daria's lips turned into a frown.

"I feel cheated that for all my life I've had to go through it when I could have probably easily reined it in."

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 12:46 PM Post #56

Naj's eyes narrowed.

"Maybe it just took a little nudge to help you realize you could. Tell me, are you going to get upset everytime you learn something else quickly?"

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 12:49 PM Post #57

Now the frown was creasing her brow too.

"No, of course not."

Daria turned to look out at the stars, spotting the nameless blue dot once again.

"..I'm not upset, just angry."

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 12:51 PM Post #58

"Your exceptional, dont sell yourself short."

Naj was getting slightly irritated...

"You accomplished this because you're skilled enough to do it, and have the will to apply that skill, you should be proud..."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 01:07 PM Post #59

Something that was almost certainly a curse, which Naj could not decipher, passed Daria's lips before she looked back to the chiss and nodded, forcing a smile.

"Sorry. I'm acting like a child. You're giving up your time to help and I appreciate it."

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 01:09 PM Post #60

"I dont want your apology, I want you to learn..."

Naj put his hand on Daria's shoulder..

"There's so much more you have to learn, this is just the first step."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 01:20 PM Post #61

"So I keep hearing."

She glanced out of the window then back to Naj.

"...I'm starving."

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 01:37 PM Post #62

"I have food stored on the ship..."

Naj spoke as he started to walk off toward the kitchen. He was a bit disappointed in Daria's mood, but he would have to overlook it. He wasnt her Master by any means, so he couldnt force her to learn. It was something she had to do herself, even if Naj was there to help her.

"This way."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 01:42 PM Post #63

Following behind, Daria waved goodbye to the blue star. It would be a week before they could practice this again, so she made a mental note to make sure that she was in better spirits when it happened. Forcing herself on Naj probably wasn't a good idea, too.

"I could murder a cow," her arms stretched above her head, she padded into the kitchen and sniffed - it certainly didn't smell like this kitchen had been used in a long time.

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 01:52 PM Post #64

Passing through the kitchen itself, Naj walked into a large freezer.

"Anything imparticular that you would like?"

As he was looking around for what might be good, he couldnt help but remember the look Daria was giving him right before her seizure. It had caught him off guard, but wasnt necessarily unwelcomed. Naj discerned however, that it was probably due to the incoming seizure, and put the thought out of his mind...

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 01:55 PM Post #65

Taking it upon herself, Daria began to investigate the kitchen.

"Meat. Just cooked a little."

She paused, looked up, "If you have any," and smiled, "Otherwise, anything. I don't mind."

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 02:04 PM Post #66

Naj walked out of the freezer holding two nerf steaks.

"You're in luck, this is pretty much all I have."

Naj turned the stove on and started letting it preheat while he started on removing the steaks from their wrappers. He glanced over toward Daria, then cut his eyes fairly quickly, avoiding the dreaded locking stare...

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 02:08 PM Post #67

The mentalist pushed herself up to sit on the counter which ran around the rooms walls and plucked a kitchen knife out of a small holder behind her. Her reflection smiled back at her in the blade.

"Sorry about eariler, by the way. I think I was," the knife shot out of her hand and embedded into a chopping block on the table across the other side of the room.

"... feeling a bit heady, with the seizure and all. Wasn't sure what I was doing. I miss Detera. Don't let me take advantage of you on her account."

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 02:12 PM Post #68

No problem on my account, feel free to anytime...

Naj looked over and smiled a little.

"I was only surprised, Its quite alright."

Slick, really slick.

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 02:15 PM Post #69

"I don't know where my mind was,"

Another knife had been drawn and Daria was deftly balancing it on one finger. In Doz'rah culture men were looked down upon and most certainly not used for pleasure.

"Certainly not with my body."

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 02:19 PM Post #70

The knife balancing on her finger flew across the room to Naj's hand. He slid the food into the oven and turned back around. Holding his hand in the same Daria hand to balance it, Naj let the knife float a few inches above his hand.

"And to think, I almost acted on your advances. I guess that would have made things a bit awkward..."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 08-11-2003 02:43 PM Post #71

"Yes. I would have had to kill you if you'd done that," Daria replied as she watched the knife in Naj's hand, drawing another - final one - and putting it, like the one before it, to balance in her hand.

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-11-2003 02:46 PM Post #72

"If you could."

Naj moved his hand and let the knife drop. With a thunk, it lodged itself into the countertop. As a precaution, he held the knife she was balancing with his mind, just in case she decided on showing out a bit.

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-12-2003 11:17 AM Post #73

"If?"

A melodious tuneful laugh spiralled past Daria's lips.

"Don't be ridiculous. There is no 'if' about it. I could floor you before you even knew what was going on."

Wrar
Critter
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-12-2003 09:27 PM Post #74

The wrar stirred from behind the stack of frozen meat. It had followed Naj home after their initial encounter, but had gotten sidetracked by the immense, funny smelling thing, infitrating the ship through its ventilation system.

Unfortunately, it had managed to get stuck in the freezer. So, after chowing down on as much as possible, the Wrar hibernated.

And then got mindfrelled. The critter had gone spastic while Daria and Naj sorted themselves out. With a sentient sort of desperation, it clawed the door to the freezer, howling to get out.

Add Wrar to your buddy list Add Wrar to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Wrar Click Here to See the Profile for Wrar Click here to Send Wrar a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-13-2003 11:58 AM Post #75

"You'd like to think that wouldnt y...."

Naj's boasting was cut short by a muffled howl, followed by what sounded like scratching.

"Did you here that?"

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-13-2003 12:00 PM Post #76

Before Naj had said anything, Daria had already been looking around with a somewhat confused expression on her face. Her brow furrowed she rose up to her feet and put her index finger to her lips, as though to tell Naj to be quiet. She edged over to the freezer, knife still in hand, now held by the hilt and yanked the door open with one mighty pull, poised to strike whatever was inside.

Wrar
Critter
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-13-2003 02:23 PM Post #77

Wrars are not excellent distance runners. However, they are very fast for 10 meters. It exploded out from the freezer, a trail of dark brown and white that skidded out past Daria.

The wrar's claws clicked furiously against the metal flooring of Naj's ship until it slid to a halt. Disoriented and confused, it hunkered down to the floor, and puffed its spiky coat outwards.

Grrrrrrraaaarrrrr...

Add Wrar to your buddy list Add Wrar to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Wrar Click Here to See the Profile for Wrar Click here to Send Wrar a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-13-2003 08:17 PM Post #78

Naj almost immediately recognized the creature as it came barreling out of the freezer. It was pretty appartant at this point, that the wrar was aggrivated, by the way it was puffing its quills outward.

Without a word, Naj reached over and cut the stove off, then opened the door. If anything would snap the wrar out of its current state, besides a dagger thrown by Daria, it would most likely be food.

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-14-2003 11:17 AM Post #79

“What is this?”

Daria squinted incredulously at the spiked ball, as she took a few steps towards it and began outstretching a hand.

Wrar
Critter
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-14-2003 06:32 PM Post #80

The wrar jumped on top of the countertop, knocking a metal mixing bowl onto the floor. It gripped the edge with it's front paws and hissed at Daria through sharp canines.

Daria stopped. The wrar turned quickly to better examine it's surroundings.

Territory! And... and something. Something that smelled nice. Enticed, the critter dropped off the countertop and walked over to Naj, sitting on his foot for a few seconds before walking to the oven.

*Sniff* The wrar poked his head in the oven, snatching a chunk of hot meat, and skittering off to a different part of the room before wolfing it down.

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-15-2003 10:03 AM Post #81

"I think it followed me in here....How it got in the freezer is beyond me though..." Naj said, in reply to the curious gaze Daria was giving him...

"A few days ago, it followed me back to the tower after my practice, I dont know why though..."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-15-2003 10:07 AM Post #82

“So this species lives somewhere on the planet?”

Daria smiled in amusement.

“It’s cute.”

Wrar
Critter
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-15-2003 09:56 PM Post #83

The wrar sat, watching Daria carefully. Like all this other new stuff, it smelled funny. It sounded funny. All of it was simply weird. Like these floors, which were less slippery than ice. Yet they weren't especially cold.

Curious, the wrar swatted at the floor a few times before it went back to watching Daria.

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-16-2003 11:57 AM Post #84

"I think it likes you..."

Which, as scary as the thought was, it brought about a small sense of relief. Considering the mess it had made in the first two minutes out of the freezer, having something like that following him wasnt something Naj considered good. Of course, Daria also lived with Naj.

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-17-2003 12:24 PM Post #85

That certainly wasn’t a surprise. Little beasts did seem to take to her well, or at least the groundskeeper and Waltz had.

“Does it have a name?”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-17-2003 04:02 PM Post #86

"None that I know of.....and I dont think it could tell us if it did."

Naj shrugged his shoulders slightly. It appeared that Naj was going to end up with a new pet, whether the chiss liked the idea or not...

"I guess we could name it.."

Wrar
Critter
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-23-2003 10:43 PM Post #87

The Wrar could feel its adrenaline fading as it began to succumb to the natural tranquilizer in its bloodstream. It's body still wanted to hibernate, and would take a day to "wake up" normally.

The critter curled up and crashed like an old dreadnaught.