Sep 28th, 2004, 05:26:38 AM
Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

Orientation

QuickQuote
Old Post 07-27-2003 02:13 PM Post #1

While her host was out somewhere in the wilds of Cinnagar, Daria was settling in. Before arriving on Koros Major she had been staying on Coruscant for a short while and had left all of her possessions on the planet. Thankfully with a communication – and the use of her newly acquired skills in Basic – she was able to have her trunk shipped into the Empress Teta system. Naj had helped her lug the heavy box up into one of the rooms of his tower which he’d allowed her to inhabit before leaving her to her own devices.

When she popped the lid open it became immediately clear why the thing was so heavy. On the inside of the lid itself there were sixteen slim knives, lined up in pairs with eight varying sizes. Within the suitcase itself were many things.

A large bundle of clothes, which Daria removed and laid out on her bed, mostly consisting of things in black and green – the majority of which were velvet or silk. A rule she had always remembered was that although leather gave one an impressive appearance it also made one incredibly noisy. Velvet and silk were soundless, and the latter of which was particularly good at keeping your warm. The only item which did betray her presence was the light-metal brassiere, which was more for show than anything else.

With her clothing removed, Daria began upon the knives. There was a leather belt in the bundle of velvet and silk, with sheaths enough for the four larger knives, while a few small baldrics would accommodate the smaller pieces. She laid them out upon the table in the room, admiring the black-steel blades. Each of the daggers was perfectly made so that no light would reflect off of them. They were made for throwing but Daria had on occasion used the larger pieces of the set in combat.

Returning to the trunk the Doz’rah looked down into what still seemed like a full box. Filling her arms up with a few more pieces, she dumped them beneath the table. There were two wrist foot and a half blades with leather straps to hold them in place, and a glove with what looked like three durasteel claws fixed into it, each of which was perhaps three quarters of a foot long. There was also a minute crossbow, with five tiny little bolts, and a blow pipe with a bag full of slim sticks which were presumably meant to act as darts.

When she went to get the next lot of things she groaned – one of the packets of wasp agaric had spilled out all over the books in the bottom of the trunk. Luckily the other phials and sachets of poison were fine, and she stashed them away with the bow and pipe before brushing away the agaric (which luckily was only fatal if administered aurally).

The piles of books had names like The Cordat: The Way of the Kuto, Toxin Primer and Bladesmiths Almanac. Daria stacked them all by her bed and removed the final few items – a plant in a jar (that had somehow survived the trip), a pouch of credits and a few odd hand crafted things. Daria placed the touch-not plant with the poisons up on a shelf of her empty book case, smiling a little at the tiny thing inside of the jar. With the books on the shelves below and everything else unpacked she pushed the chest under her bed and sighed lightly.

Add Daria Nytherciria to your buddy list Add Daria Nytherciria to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Daria Nytherciria Click Here to See the Profile for Daria Nytherciria Click here to Send Daria Nytherciria a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 07-28-2003 11:10 AM Post #2

"No wonder that thing was so heavy..."

Daria had been learning basic by leaps and bounds, so Naj felt comfortable enough to speak to her in Basic. It was good practice for them to communicate in that language at least, since every other member of the Krath spoke it.

Normally, Naj wouldnt have tolerated anything being delivered to the Krath, for fear of their presense being unveiled, but he was willing to make an exception for Daria. Even then, the package was delivered to a small trading post outside of the system. While he was waiting, he took the time to check a navigation chart posted on the planet. The Empress Teta System was conveniently removed. Obviously Salem had been thorough about erasing knowledge of the system.

Now that Daria had her belongings, Naj hoped it would make things more comfortable for her...

"If you'd like anything else, feel free to ask." Naj stated, smiling warmly.

Add Naj Arilov to your buddy list Add Naj Arilov to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Naj Arilov Click Here to See the Profile for Naj Arilov Click here to Send Naj Arilov a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 07-28-2003 11:14 AM Post #3

“Thank you.”

She smiled up at Naj, having jumped a little when he’d first arrived. She was in debt to him and doubted that she could ever repay him for his help in recovering her, accepting her and in turn volunteering to teach and counsel her – the latter of which had not begun yet, but she looked forward to.

Out of one of the smaller boxes which she’d placed with the blow dart and touch-not plant, Daria removed what looked like a dead fish. She took down a scalpel and empty bottle too and settled herself at her table-come-desk. As she began to cut away the flesh of the flat fish it secreted some sort of clear liquid, which she periodically attempted to scrape into the bottle with the scalpel end. As much as she enjoyed scouring the deep sea blowfish for the bloat toxin, it felt a little awkward doing it without others around her – well, of course her chiss mentor was there, but she didn’t imagine any of this was familiar to him.

In her training she’d been taught the basics of poison manufacture, as well as some antidotes to neutralize the more widely used agents. In her time with the Kuto – the Pure, the assassins of her people – she had picked up quite a reputation for her ability to utilize anything and everything around her that could have been handy. This much could be seen in the touch-not plant which she carried with her, which too could be harvested for its toxins that caused sores and burning on the skin at just one touch of its leaves.

The bloat poison from the blowfish was a little more expensive than your usual poison, but a lot more deadly and this was why she preferred it over most others. Achorion purple and Mustick could only do so much, and it was a pain to have to administer things like them and agaric into someone’s ear. It was a challenge, but things were so much easier when you could use a laced dart.

Realizing how rude she must have seemed, just barging on with her own thing while Naj stood there, she glanced back up, her scalpel still balanced between her thumb and fore finger.

“H-how did… thee traininig go?”

Add Daria Nytherciria to your buddy list Add Daria Nytherciria to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Daria Nytherciria Click Here to See the Profile for Daria Nytherciria Click here to Send Daria Nytherciria a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2003 11:23 AM Post #4

"It went..well..."

Naj replied somewhat slowly while rubbing at the knot on his forehead. In retrospect, it did go well, considering how much he accomplished, but knocking yourself out with your own weapon was something that had a tendency to overshadow the positive and highlight the negative.

Naj absently took a few steps around the room. The plant Daria had set out caught his attention...

"This is an interesting plant..." He said, as he reached up to touch one of the leaves...

Add Naj Arilov to your buddy list Add Naj Arilov to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Naj Arilov Click Here to See the Profile for Naj Arilov Click here to Send Naj Arilov a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2003 11:28 AM Post #5

The chair screeched against the floor as Daria quickly got to her feet, almost diving at Naj. The cry was a little late, of course, as the Krath apprentices’ fingertips grazed the leaf surface. The Doz’rah froze, waiting for the inevitable hiss of pain, but it didn’t come. She breathed a sigh of relief, realizing that the contact must not have been sustained enough for the plant to grow hostile.

“I wouldn’t touch that, it’s not safe,” she sighed, wondering why people always seemed to want to touch the only thing they shouldn’t have.

She scooped up a lid and gave the plants leaves a prod with the scalpel tip, causing it to shrink away and hiss almost silently. Cover in place, she looked back to Naj and smiled nervously.

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2003 11:35 AM Post #6

Naj glanced at her somewhat confused, then glanced back up at the plant. Then he looked at what she was doing, and the different vials she had setup.

At that point he began to wonder just how hard he had hit his head...

"Did you bring that from Doz'rah?" He questioned, trying to break the awkward silence that had ensued.

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2003 11:38 AM Post #7

“Some of it is from Coruscant. They sell so many interesting things in the markets there.”

Admittedly, she hadn’t bought anything without using a five-finger discount.

“You don’t mind me having this here do you? I don’t want anyone to walk in and accidentally drink or touch something…”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2003 11:44 AM Post #8

"The others know not to be here without myself or you knowing. If anyone hurts themselves in here, then they cant say they didnt know better.."

Though his reply was somewhat cold, it was the truth. Everyone respected each others privacy, and an invasion of that privacy usually wasnt well recieved. Such would be the case in this matter.

"You can keep whatever you want in here..."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2003 11:48 AM Post #9

Feeling a little odd still brandishing the scalpel, she reached back and placed it down in with the throwing knives. It then struck her that it must have seemed a bit unusual for her to carry around such a large arsenal – especially when that array didn’t include any modern weaponry. Not a single blaster could be seen. Daria smiled a little to herself as she look at her trophies – each had been given to her for successfully completing a task or a class with the Kuto. They were very important to her.

“You can use anything here. I owe you,” she remarked, glancing down at the knife she was now twisting over and over in her hands.

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2003 11:53 AM Post #10

"You owe me nothing."

He stated simply. At first, he had every intention of only exploiting her abilities. That quickly changed, however, when he began to realize how pleasant it was to have her around.

"I really do enjoy your company."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2003 12:00 PM Post #11

There was no returned compliment. Perhaps she looked a little ungrateful at first, with a sort of nervous smile wriggling uncomfortable on her lips. A little unsteady, she put the knife she was holding back into its place and seemed intent on staring down at nothing in particular on then ground, and expression of strain beginning to grow as her brow furrowed.

“I…”

A vague feeling of dizziness began to buzz in the back of the minds of the Krath, who collectively frowned and tried to brush off the sensation as they went about their business. Daria did not seem quite so dismissive, and looked as though she might collapse.

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2003 12:12 PM Post #12

Naj pushed away the feeling of dizzyness and confusion that started to raid his mind. For a moment, it affected him enough for him not to catch on to what was happening. This was only a brief moment however, and Naj rushed to her side instantly.

He put one arm around her shoulder, and the other on her forearm to steady her...

"Is it happening again?"

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 07-28-2003 12:17 PM Post #13

A full-body shiver works its way across her skin, leaving little goose bumps all over. Breathing out heavily, Daria felt her jaw tightening some and mentally tried to fight back what she considered inevitable. Usually the Doz’rah simply let the awkward seizures run their course but now that she was around others not of her species she had became self aware and self conscious, not least of all because she could end up doing some serious damage to them.

Letting her weight rest against Naj’s body, she groaned, “I’m ok.”

This was truth, thankfully. It seemed the little judder was just a warm up, but this did mean that her weekly visit from the mindfrell fairy was due some time within the next day.

“Is there anywhere I can go that no one else would know about … when it does happen.”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2003 12:21 PM Post #14

Naj rubbed her shoulder to comfort her.

"You are perfectly safe in here..."

After a moment of thought, Naj realized that she probably wanted to get further away from the others, so not to cause an inconvenience.

"But if you would be more comfortable, we can go to my ship and orbit the planet until it is better."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2003 12:26 PM Post #15

“I don’t want to have to come to you every time this happens,” she replied quickly, definitely feeling very insecure about herself now. It made her feel like a child again.

“There’s nothing that will attack me if I go wandering through the valley, right?”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2003 12:32 PM Post #16

"I havent been able to trek through the valley to see what kind of animals inhabit this place. I did encounter one creature while I was practicing that could be dangerous."

Naj gave her shoulder a slight squeeze.

"Besides, we can take the time on my ship to learn how to stop the attacks, instead of letting them just run their course. On the way here, I told you I would help you control your abilities, and I fully intend to uphold that..."

Naj knew that her natural abilities were caused by the force. If he could learn to lift things with his mind, then it made sense that she could harness her ability.

"But we can take things at whatever pace you're comfortable with. But just so you know, if you do go wandering through the valley, I will follow you.." He said, smiling.

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2003 12:35 PM Post #17

“I’ll sneak out when you’re asleep,” she joked, standing up straight once more as she felt her strength of mind returning.

“And if you follow me then… well, you are persistent.”

She would have liked a little hide away somewhere in the valley where she could collapse in private, but if Naj really could cure her like he professed then she wouldn’t need that.

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2003 01:39 PM Post #18

"Well then I guess I'll just have to start sleeping outside your door wont I."

Naj focused on one of the knives laying on Daria's bed, slowly the knife lifted up and floated toward him. He hadnt quite learned how to manipulate things beyond a simple push or pull, so he had to reach around to grab the knife by the handle. This was just him being fidgety in most respects, something to occupy his hands...

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2003 01:58 PM Post #19

“You wouldn’t even hear me stepping by you.”

Daria tossed Naj a wink, before letting her curiosity vocalize itself as she motioned a hand towards the knife that had somehow levitated its way to him.

“How did you do that?”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2003 02:23 PM Post #20

Naj started to speak, but paused momentarily. It was easy to forget that Daria would have no idea what 'the Force' was. The very term itself is something that was created as simplistic way of referencing the all encomposing energy field...

"With my mind..."

He stated simply..

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2003 02:26 PM Post #21

A single dark brow arched on her face, Daria smirked.

“You have mental powers too, but they seem stronger than mine.”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2003 02:34 PM Post #22

"Not stronger..." He said with a bit of a smile...

"I've developed mine somewhat....I still have much more development before I even begin to scratch the surface of the power the mind possesses. You have more natural talent than anyone ive ever seen."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2003 02:40 PM Post #23

Daria shook out her hair, running a hand back through it. The Doz’rah were modest about their natural gift and took far much more pride in what they learned as assassins in training.

“The power of the mind is limitless,” she quoted the scripture of the Doz’rah before plucking the knife from Naj’s grip.

“This is no good without it. Everything is useless without it.”

This was one of the reasons the Doz’rah were so willing to put up with their seizures. If it meant that they could keep their strength of mind, they would go through anything. It was the most precious possession one of their kind could have, to be blessed with the mentalists abilities. In a moment of retrospective thinking Daria sighed quietly to herself.

“You know so much about my people, but I hardly know anything about you, Naj Arilov.”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2003 02:47 PM Post #24

Naj set the knife down and leaned back onto the wall. Not having anything in his hands now, he settled with stuffing them in his pockets.

"What would you like to know..."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-28-2003 02:49 PM Post #25

“I don’t know,”

She parted her hands and spread her arms, “Whatever you want to tell me.”

Twirling around to fall back into the hard mattress of her bed, Daria shrugged.

“Where do you come from… what is your culture like.”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 07-28-2003 02:57 PM Post #26

Naj thought for a moment. A few details about his past would be a little unnerving for Daria at this point. Needless to say, those details would be left out...

"Well...Im a Chiss, we come from a planet called Csilla."

He thought a little bit more. He was a private person, so talking about his 'home' wasnt something he was good at doing, even if he was giving her general information...

"Chiss culture isnt extremely different from places on Coruscant, except in the fact that people tend to be very proud. Four main families, houses, as they're refered to, control every aspect of the government. My family was in control of the planet's judicial system."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-29-2003 10:06 AM Post #27

“My family was once in control of our planet. It is run by my sisterhood now, though, although we still hold our royal titles.”

It was some little comfort that Naj had a similar background and would be able to relate to her betrayal of her family.

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-29-2003 10:13 AM Post #28

"My title and name were taken from me, unfortunately. My mother had me from an affair. Once my father was sure that I wasnt his, he outcasted my mother and myself. We were forced to leave the planet. I stayed on Coruscant for most of the time after that, til Salem, my former mentor brought me here..."

Naj smirked slightly after speaking Salem's name, as it brought a bitter taste to his mouth...

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-29-2003 10:15 AM Post #29

So, Naj was an unwilling outcast, while she had chosen the place. Daria wondered if Arilov had wanted to stay on his home planet. She felt it best to toe carefully around this.

“Why did he bring you here? To teach you like you are going to teach me?”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-29-2003 10:19 AM Post #30

"Originally yes, but at the time, we werent as active as we are now. Things were developing as quickly as they are at this point. He became disheartened with us and left..."

The conversation was slowly becoming bleak. Their situation wasnt that grim however.

"Ive taken my own steps however, and pride myself on the growth of our group. While Im not the only person responsible by any means, Ive taken measures to insure our secrecy and safety..."

Naj began rolling his left sleeve up, showing some of the scars left from his battle with Salem...

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 07-29-2003 10:20 AM Post #31

Daria leant forward some off of the edge of her bed and squinted at the scars etched into his blue skin. She got the distinct impression that he’d rather not have had them, but they remained a reminder for him of what he had to accomplish.

“How did you all end up together here?”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-29-2003 10:29 AM Post #32

"The group started as a band of warriors from The Sith Order, a group of people who use their abilities to conquer and destroy. Two of the masters from the group who disagreed with their principles came here, bring a few others with them. Jared, the man you met hanging upside down is one of the original members, along with Inu, the dog man we passed by when we first arrived. Salem was another of the original members. He left sometime after the first two founders did..."

Naj paused for a moment. Even though Daria was new here, he felt that she would still be entitled to read the Krath's recorded history.

"A record has been kept of the group's trangressions, since Salem has left, Ive taken the responsibility of keeping it up to date. If you wish to read it, I could take you to the Krath Archives in the Iron Citadel...."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-29-2003 10:33 AM Post #33

“I would like that.”

Daria made a small sort of smile. It must have been difficult for the group to loose their leaders, she mused, especially when they appeared to be so small in numbers.

“Conquer and destroy…”

Something clicked in her mind, “Then this is all you do to?”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-29-2003 10:41 AM Post #34

"If need be. We will taken whatever actions necessary to suit our needs. This isnt our main focus however. We want to grow and thrive, and this planet is our clean slate to do that with."

Naj was beginning to test the waters a bit, maybe to see if Daria was ambitious. He also had plans for the future, ones that he would only be able to do if she were comfortable with them.

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-29-2003 10:45 AM Post #35

This she understood. Sometimes brutality was needed to accomplish ones goals. The Kuto had exerted their will over the male populace of Doz’rah violently to keep them reigned it, and were it not for his mental abilities Daria would have been doing the same to Naj at that very moment. Slowly, though, she was beginning to realize and adjust to the fact that not every culture placed men below women, and in some it was actually the other way around!

“Only the strong survive,” she stood up, feeling a bit restless, and took up the miniature crossbow, fiddling with the loading mechanism.

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-29-2003 10:58 AM Post #36

"The weak serve the strong..."

Naj smiled almost proudly. With this mindset, it would be much easier to justify his actions to her. At this point, it was clear that she'd gotten her energy back. Naj himself was a little bored...

"Care to go for a walk?"

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-29-2003 11:02 AM Post #37

Looking up after moment of lost thought directed at the weapon in her hands, Daria nodded. She tugged her cloak more firmly into place and, setting the bow back down, offered an arm out to Naj.

“Where to?”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-29-2003 11:07 AM Post #38

"Anywhere of your choosing....The sky is clear tonight, a walk in the valley might be nice..."

He said with a smile. The cool night air was beginning to beckon him already..

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-29-2003 11:14 AM Post #39

“Excellent.”

Setting off down the stairs together in a comfortable silence, Daria and Naj made their way out into Koros Majors deep blue night. If she was lucky Daria might spot some odd little nook on the walk through the valley to act as the hideaway she’d mentioned earlier.

As they headed from the tower, and therefore the forest too, she couldn’t help but look back to the trees, where lanterns were bobbing between the trunks and branches as little creatures tended to their duties. A larger beast seemed to be watching from up a tree, straining to get a look at what was going on, while one or two members of the Krath themselves talked in hushed tones at the forests edge.

Velvet hem of her cloak swaying as she walked Daria felt inexplicably happy.

“Have you explored this entire planet?”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-29-2003 11:25 AM Post #40

"Ive barely explored all of the city so far.....there is much left to discover here..."

Naj inhaled deeply, then slowly exhaled, taking in the cool night air. He pulled Daria a little closer to him as they walked. Little things such as this were most enjoyable.

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-29-2003 11:28 AM Post #41

“Mm, what an adventure that will be.”

It was an incredibly calm night, no wind in the valley as was normally the case.

“There might even be another settlement somewhere, who you could work with.”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-29-2003 11:33 AM Post #42

"There might be, but its a bit doubtful......ive orbited the planet a few times, and never traced any signs of any settlements."

Naj glanced around a little. He wasnt picking up any sense of danger, but even still, he was cautious of the unknown.

"Thats why this planet was chosen..."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-29-2003 11:40 AM Post #43

“That’s a shame. It’s always good to have another tribe to help you, even if it is just to do menial things for you,” Daria replied in a voice that was bordering on becoming haughty.

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-29-2003 11:48 AM Post #44

"Very true."

Naj mused for a moment...

"I have plans here that would be much easier with a group to do the labor...."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-29-2003 04:03 PM Post #45

“Plans that I’m allowed to know about?” she inquired, looking sidelong at Naj.

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 07-31-2003 10:47 AM Post #46

"My tower..." He replied...

"Its really a temporary home...I plan to build myself a citadel, somewhere where I have room to work, instead of being huddled down in some small, lowly lit room. The problem is, Something of this magnitude would need a large work force."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-02-2003 12:29 PM Post #47

“Why don’t you live with the others in their Citadel?” she asked, wondering perhaps if all of the residents here didn’t get on.

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-02-2003 12:53 PM Post #48

"The citadel tends to get a bit crowded at times.....My tower is just as much a retreat as it is a home."

Naj replied casually. He didnt have anything against the others, he just enjoyed his space.

"I also wanted room to setup my lab, a place where I could work in peace."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-02-2003 10:34 PM Post #49

“Fair,” she nodded lightly.

“Back on my home planet, we didn’t have anywhere to be alone… except the woods, but even then there was a chance you might bump into someone else who was trying to find some peace.”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-04-2003 06:09 AM Post #50

"And now you have almost an entire planet..."

Naj replied with a small smile..

"Even if it is almost entirely unexplored..."

Daria Nytherciria
Member of the Krath
(The good-looking one)
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 08-04-2003 12:16 PM Post #51

“Well that’s where the fun lies, in exploring.”

Daria stopped walking and turned her head to look up into the sky.

“We’re in the outer rim…”

She looked back down to Naj.

“… right?”