PDA

View Full Version : Sifting through knowledge(open)

Salem Ave
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:22:22 AM
Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

Sifting through knowledge(open)

QuickQuote
Old Post 05-10-2003 11:50 AM Post #1

He hadnt been back on Koros Major twenty four hours after his last trip to Coruscant. Already, he had a load of books in front of him. The beating he took on Coruscant was still fresh in his mind. It angered him severely. The beast he had at his side had failed him miserably, and his staff, the one taken from his home on Csilla was now broken and lost. On top of that, the man had a lightsaber, and judging from his actions, he was a jedi. Ruthless, but a Jedi none the less. Pierce Tondry. Just the thought of the man's name brought a bitter taste to his mouth.

The book in front of Naj now is a full text on the mechanics of a lightsaber. It contains schematics and diagrams, along with very detailed descriptions on the nature of a light blade.

A lightsaber isnt something that could accomodate Naj. It somehow didnt fit him. However, he did need a way to fight back against a lightsaber blade, and so far, he couldnt find any kind of metal that could stand up against the energy blade.

He stops at the beginning of a chapter detailing the energy transfer, and the positve and negative charges that help to form the beam. In the stack is a book he almost forgot about. The nature of alchemy. The book itself is ragged, but the pages are still legible. More books are littered around his desk, books about lightsabers, metalurgy, creatures, and a few other miscellaneous topics. These are pushed aside for now though, as Naj begins reading the introduction to the book on Alchemy...

Add Naj Arilov to your buddy list Add Naj Arilov to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Naj Arilov Click Here to See the Profile for Naj Arilov Click here to Send Naj Arilov a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-11-2003 12:26 PM Post #2

How ironic – another meeting in the library for Salem and Naj.

Ducking beneath the doorway entrance, the Knight walked with his hands folded behind his back as he watched one of the Krath’s newest members. It was rare that anyone but Salem spent so much time in the library, and in this chiss-hybrid he had found a match it seemed; someone as interested in these old tomes and walls as he.

“… What arrre you reading?”

Add Salem Ave to your buddy list Add Salem Ave to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Salem Ave Click Here to See the Profile for Salem Ave Click here to Send Salem Ave a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-11-2003 12:39 PM Post #3

Naj glanced up as Salem walked in. It was apparant that the apprentice hadnt had much sleep by the visible bags under his eyes. His eyes themselves had almost no glow to them. He hadnt even changed clothing. Presentfulness was the last thing on his mind right now. Even his manners were at a loss, though he had no real reason to be rude either.

Beatings were about the only thing that could turn Naj into the epitome of casual...

"The Nature of Alchemy. I found the introduction interesting, it discusses the ability to alter things through chemical applications. I was going to ask why you are cooped up inside, but I guess it is a tad sunny outside...."

Naj really didnt take his eyes from the book. He read often, and could keep his concentration while reading, and still keep enough attention on the book to still be taking in information. This sometimes came across as rude. It necessarily wasnt....most of the time.

Add Naj Arilov to your buddy list Add Naj Arilov to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Naj Arilov Click Here to See the Profile for Naj Arilov Click here to Send Naj Arilov a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-11-2003 01:08 PM Post #4

The boy sat down on one of the tables in the room and immediately slipped into his stooped-come-hunched way of sitting – the weight of the wings on his back, as a child, had caused this, and even though nothing more than leathery tatters were on his shoulders now, he still fell into the hunch.

“… What arrre you planning on changing with alchemy?”

Add Salem Ave to your buddy list Add Salem Ave to Your Ignore List Find more posts by Salem Ave Click Here to See the Profile for Salem Ave Click here to Send Salem Ave a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote IP Logged

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-11-2003 02:24 PM Post #5

Naj glanced over for a moment, then looked back down to the book, continueing his reading.

"I dont know, but the thought is intriguing."

He kept reading. So far, he was tearing through the basic properties of different elements. Much of this information was a review for him, but helpful to jog his memory none the less.

"At first I was thinking along the lines of a new staff, to make it so it cant be broken very easily."

The thought of Tondry breaking his staff came to his mind, bringing a vaguely noticeable smirk on Naj's face.

"But it also says you can alter the very genetics of living creatures, given the right tools."

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-17-2003 07:09 PM Post #6

Salem narrowed his eyes. If this was true, there were probably unlimited possibilities of results. So many variations of the creatures and species already to be found within the universe, modified for better or indeed for worse.

“Which toolsss would thossse be?”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote
Old Post 05-22-2003 11:15 AM Post #7

"Mostly medical supplies from the looks of it. Some of this stuff, I already have aboard my ship."

Ideas had begun forming in his mind. He had blood and tissue samples of certain animals with peculiar "abilities" aboard his ship also, his most recent addition to his lab was blood and venom samples from a Lupine, which was not an easy task at all.

"When I finish reading this a few times, Im going to do some 'shopping'."

His next question was a bit difficult to ask. While Naj stayed mostly seperated from the rest of the Krath, he still had a place here. Asking for more than that was something that didnt sit right with him. But he wouldnt have room on his ship for too much more.

"You wouldnt happen to have any unihabited places around here, or within the city where I could set up my lab.....would you?"

Last edited by Naj Arilov on 05-25-2003 at 12:02 PM

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-25-2003 11:28 AM Post #8

“The who le planet i-sss uninhabited save forrr our Citadel. Sss-o long as you do not remove any of the Baffor trees in the process of crrreating the lab, you can put it anywherrre.”

A laboratory. Salem smirked. Hopefully others within the group would be able to make use of it too.

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-25-2003 12:05 PM Post #9

"Excellent, Thank you very much."

Naj smiled, something he didnt do often. Hopefully it would convey how grateful he was.

"I'll start searching for a place tonight....."

By this point, Naj was nearly a quarter of his way through the book, which was impressive, considering the sheer size of it. He was a very fast reader though, and a sponge when it came to knowledge...

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-27-2003 12:21 PM Post #10

“Verrry well.”

Salem stood up to leave, feeling a little tense from sitting.

“… Do you want any help with looking orrr…?”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-30-2003 10:49 AM Post #11

"You're welcome to if you'd like, it will most likely be dark when I leave."

Naj gathered up the books as he started getting ready to leave. It was nearly night time now. His ship was close. He'd have enough time to put the books up and make it back to the citadel, by that time, it would be dark...

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 05-30-2003 12:27 PM Post #12

On the worn old coat Salem wore there was a hood, which he pulled up, tugging it tightly around his face as he stood up. Not moving, he waited for Naj to lead the way.

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 06-11-2003 01:28 PM Post #13

The sun was nothing more than an afterthought as the two made their way out of the citadel. His ship was only about 5 minutes away, and the walk was straightforward. The visit to the ship was uneventful also. They walked in, and Naj set the books down. Now he was ready to go...

"Are you ready, or do you wish to wait until the sun has gone fully?"

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 06-18-2003 12:09 PM Post #14

“Let’sss jussst go now,” he replied, lowering his head somewhat.

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 06-18-2003 02:11 PM Post #15

"Very well."

Naj lead Salem back out of the ship. The walk was fairly silent for a few minutes, as Salem was most likely a bit uncomfortable from the small presence of sunlight...

"I notice a watchtower sitting near the edge of the Termagent Forest, I think it may be worth checking out..."

Salem Ave
Co-founder of the Cabal
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 06-18-2003 02:12 PM Post #16

“Yesss…”

Salem mused silently a moment.

“They used to ssstation guarrrds there because you can sss-ee almost the whole of the northern plains from it. You’d get a clearrr view over the forest and the Citadel from the highest point.”

Naj Arilov
Member of the Krath
Reply | Edit | Quote

QuickQuote

Old Post 06-19-2003 11:47 AM Post #17

"Is it in fair condition? I dont think I have the resources to do a full restoration, if it's falling apart."

Naj absently quickened his pace, more or less out of excitement. Secretly, even if the place was falling apart, Naj would probably make as many repairs as he could. The spot was perfect. It wasnt entirely too far from the Citadel, the dock, or the forest. Plus the view would be something to marvel at.