PDA

View Full Version : Remember the Crimson Room?

Jared Mriad
Sep 26th, 2004, 04:35:56 PM
Those at Meras should remember it, I think it was posted on Jen's sub-forum.

Well, here's the next step; The Viridian Room. (http://www.fasco-csc.com/works/viridian/index_e.php)

Instead of just a plain room, we've got a room with a skeleton in it. There's some creepy reversed audio if you try to exit through the blue door.. I've yet to figure how to get out. :\ So, have some brain-wrecking fun...

And if you're done with that, head for the Blue Chamber (http://www.fasco-csc.com/works/bluechamber/index_e.php)

Crystal
Sep 26th, 2004, 04:43:07 PM
Viridian Room - been there, done that.

This Blue Chamber is intresting and new however.

Dan the Man
Sep 26th, 2004, 06:29:11 PM
Viridian Room is a bastard. Waaay harder than Crimson Room.

Blue Chamber is about 10,000 times easier.

Crystal
Sep 26th, 2004, 09:22:14 PM
Yeah. I beat the Blue Chamber pretty easily. Only about three or four things you have to do before you get out. The other two were alot harder.

Mu Satach
Sep 27th, 2004, 12:34:03 PM
Oh cripes... I almost have an OCD thing when it comes to stuff like this. =\

Alright, is there clue somewhere in the crimson room of what the combination is to the safe? If there's a clue I just haven't found yet then I can stop, and come back to it, but if there's not I'll end up sitting here and cycle through all 9999 possibliites. Gah!

So all I need to know, is there a clue to the safe combo yes or no.
thanks... :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 27th, 2004, 12:35:58 PM
Mu, you're going to be there forever. :eek

And, I have no idea, i've successfully avoided these games. :)

Mu Satach
Sep 27th, 2004, 12:41:36 PM
I feel like Stewie, "111-1111, Lois? DAMN! 111-1112, Lois? DAMN!"

I've almost cycled through the first 100 numbers. >_<

Dae Jinn
Sep 27th, 2004, 12:51:05 PM
Yes, there's a clue in the game for the safe combo. :)

Check the memo

I can't figure out the Veridian room at all. :x I get a lot of clues but nothing that helps.

Cardinal Aiyalin
Sep 27th, 2004, 01:19:15 PM
Dae, if you want help with the Viridian Room .. let me know where you're stuck, I can help.

I finished the Blue Room and the Crimson Room pretty quickly.. but the Viridian Room took me a few hours of sitting there and staring.

Mu Satach
Sep 27th, 2004, 01:21:34 PM
Originally posted by Dae Jinn
Yes, there's a clue in the game for the safe combo. :)

Check the memo

I can't figure out the Veridian room at all. :x I get a lot of clues but nothing that helps.

Now would that be the paper with the URL?

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 27th, 2004, 02:22:33 PM
Originally posted by Mu Satach
I feel like Stewie, "111-1111, Lois? DAMN! 111-1112, Lois? DAMN!"
LOL :D Stewie is :cool.

Christopher Munro
Sep 27th, 2004, 03:22:09 PM
Crimson confused me...lol. I'm about to give Veridian a go. If I'm not back in an hour, I've probably died of frustration.

These games annoy the hell out of me, yet they're sooo adictive. Its not fair. :cry

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 27th, 2004, 03:28:14 PM
Originally posted by Mu Satach
Now would that be the paper with the URL?

Yes. If I remember rightly, the URL has the answer you're looking for.

Christopher Munro
Sep 27th, 2004, 03:38:52 PM
:cry

Are those hairs, or scribbles?

Crystal
Sep 27th, 2004, 04:58:14 PM
Hair. Want to know what to do with it?

Hair burns

The virdian room was a little easier than the first one, to me. I gave up on the Crimson room the first few times I tried it... eventually I just sat down and figured it out.

Jacen Parami
Sep 27th, 2004, 06:13:00 PM
:eek

It does?

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 27th, 2004, 06:51:39 PM
Well I think I've nearly got the Viridian room, although the sixth piece of paper is evading me... :grumble

Jared Mriad
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:03:58 PM
I beat the Viridian room just two minutes ago, I feel accomplished... |I

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:27:35 PM
okay well tell me this: are all the spaces on your "things" list full ever? I have like two spaces left and I don't think I have anywhere to click. :(

Jared Mriad
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:31:59 PM
Yes, when you get all the items and combine none of them; all the spaces will be full.

Here's a list of things;

CD case, CD, 6 Chinese character cards, insence, lighter, pill bottle, tiny key, beer can, black hairs, male photograph, female photograph, frame, and blanket/green die.

Dan the Man
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:32:07 PM
No. Some things are combined with other things, and take up different slots.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:35:02 PM
I keep trying to pour beer in the slippers ^_^;

Mu Satach
Sep 27th, 2004, 08:30:50 PM
LOL

have yet to find the green dye or frame

Cardinal Aiyalin
Sep 27th, 2004, 09:58:41 PM
When you're done.. you guys should check out Mystery of Time and Space.. it's neat and has 12 levels to keep you going for hours!

http://www.albartus.com/motas/ <-- There's a link

LD, if you want to know where the six papers are.. here you go.. These are pretty detailed spoilers.. not just hints.. so if you want to try on your own, don't clickety click :)

Under the slippers, under the two pillows, on the top shelf of the bookcase (to the left), stuck into the brown molding at the top of the room (you can see it if you are facing towards the green wall where the fridge is in the bottom left and the red cover in the bottom right), under the rotting meat, and stuck to the top of the light in the room (you can see it in only one spot, face the corner of the room where you can see the blue door and the bookcase on your right and the red cover below you. At the very top of the screen should be a small part of the bottom of the light, click on it. The view should change to where you are looking up at the light.. There is a small piece of paper that is tucked in between the gray and black parts of the lamp.

Oh, and Mu.. The frame is:

right in front of the red shelves where the slippers are. Click on the bottom of the shelves

and the green die thingy is:

inside the red blanket that's covering the skeleton. You'll have to rip the blanket open.

Edit: I kept wanting to drink the damned beer.. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 27th, 2004, 10:08:37 PM
Charley helped me, but thanks. :) I could have done it on my own.. (ha!) but not as quickly. :p

Selinica Miriya
Sep 27th, 2004, 10:31:20 PM
I did the crimson room yesterday, the viridian room today.

Tomorrow...the BLUE CHAMBER.

Muahaha. Why do I feel like I'm taking over the world? Oh well. time for bed.

Shawn
Sep 27th, 2004, 11:23:01 PM
I found this one fiendishly difficult, if only because several things I tried did not work the first time I tried them, so I assumed they couldn't be done. For example, I tried clicking on the empty trashcan, but nothing happened at first. That one had me stuck for a good while. I also tried clicking the skeleton's hand several times and it just kicked me back to the previous screen.

The Crimson Room seemed to be constructed more intelligently, while the Viridian Room was some kind of sadistic easter egg hunt/memory game.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 27th, 2004, 11:37:04 PM
I have no patience for such 'rooms' I prefer the good old fashioned beat the crap out of the door and out method.

Figrin D'an
Sep 28th, 2004, 01:12:37 AM
Blue Room was pretty easy.

Crimson Room took a bit longer, but that was partially because I couldn't get the code for the safe to work. I started the game over, did everything again, and the second time through, the code worked (for whatever reason).

Haven't tried Viridian Room yet.

Edit: Okay... Viridian Room was rather... odd. Took a bit of time, but was more silly and strange than anything.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 28th, 2004, 07:08:23 AM
Originally posted by Cardinal Aiyalin
When you're done.. you guys should check out Mystery of Time and Space.. it's neat and has 12 levels to keep you going for hours!

http://www.albartus.com/motas/ <-- There's a link

That is one haaaard game

Dae Jinn
Sep 28th, 2004, 08:12:32 AM
Gah. I can't rip open the blanket :cry

Cardinal Aiyalin
Sep 28th, 2004, 08:36:11 AM
Jenny.. I literally spent about 4 hours on that game and I had to get help with one part on one level (the last one).. I almost threw my computer through the wall. Overall, however, I found MoTaS to be more logical than any of the rooms. Some levels I instinctively knew what to do, and even on the ones that I didn't.. I figured it out after a few minutes of hard thinking. I didn't find myself randomly clicking as much -- in the rooms I would get frustrated and just start clicking everywhere.

LD, :)

Shawn.. I had the exact same problems.. even now when I try it over again, I still have those problems.

Dae.. this is how I did it.. pick up the blanket, then click the "about item" tag. When the blanket pops up, click a few times on the corner closest to you. You should see a thin black line form at first, then it'll rip open.

Dae Jinn
Sep 28th, 2004, 09:09:48 AM
That just takes me to a different room view. I don't think I'm doing it right. :/

Cardinal Aiyalin
Sep 28th, 2004, 10:54:01 AM
Dae.. This is kinda hard, it takes a lot of clicking.. You actually can *pick up* the blanket. Not just move it, you can pick it up and it has its own little place on the side of your screen. You have to click on the perfect spot.

Crystal
Sep 28th, 2004, 06:47:09 PM
Dae - See if this screenshot helps:

Spoilers (http://img87.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img87&image=blanket.jpg)

Kyle Krogen
Sep 28th, 2004, 08:59:56 PM
Well I most just really suck at this stuff becuase I havnt been able to beat any of the three rooms. I know how to beat the varridian room (Do to spoilers) but I grew tired as I couldn't find the right "spot" on the blanket to allow me to pick it up

I tried that multi room one and got pretty far but had to get off the computer to do other things.

Dae Jinn
Sep 29th, 2004, 06:05:05 AM
Originally posted by Kyle Krogen
I know how to beat the varridian room (Do to spoilers) but I grew tired as I couldn't find the right "spot" on the blanket to allow me to pick it up

Exactly the same problem as I'm having. Plus, I'm in class and should be paying attention, not trying to escape from an imaginary room :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:15:20 PM
i think the way to pick it up is clicking by the feet IIRC But it won't let you do it just because you WANT to pick it up, it has to be at a certain time after you've got other things, I think. Because I clicked it in the same spot like 100 times, and only when I'd done other things did clicking in that spot make somethign happen.

AmazonBabe
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:44:00 PM
I don't think I ever did the Crimson Room. Hell, I think this is the first time I even heard about it. ^_^;

Cardinal Aiyalin
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:46:29 PM
AB.. maybe that's for the better! They are frustrating as .. well, you know :)

AmazonBabe
Sep 29th, 2004, 01:02:34 PM
Well, I tried the Viridan Room for a few minutes, but gave up. Kinda lost interest actually.

I'm gonna check out the Blue Room now.

As for the Crimson Room, would someone be so kind as to place a link here?

EDIT: Help? The first time I tried the Viridian room I was able to get the lighter... but now I can't seem to get it. Did I do something worng?

Jezreal Darkshard
Sep 29th, 2004, 04:39:44 PM
The lighter is under the Trashcan... The second time I tried the room I couldn't get the trashcan to lift up.... it just takes alot of clicking before it does

Jared Mriad
Sep 29th, 2004, 04:50:52 PM
That's sort've a bug/glitch, you need to inspect every item in your inventory, then try it again. It should work then!

Crystal
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:47:50 PM
Just try clicking "about item" on the paper with the hair on it. You can't pick up the lighter untill you do that.

Mu Satach
Sep 30th, 2004, 01:44:02 AM
Argh my brain is dead...

I'm still stuck at the safe in the Crimson room and now I'm stuck playing around with the papers and the die in the Viridian room.

time to sleep...

Lady Vader
Sep 30th, 2004, 01:51:15 PM
Ah, lemme try those suggestions... thanks. :)