PDA

View Full Version : Another One Bites the Dust (Jarek)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 26th, 2004, 12:43:52 PM
She remembered where he lived from the last time she'd been there; granted he didn't know it'd been her as she'd been in somewhat of a different state, but that didn't matter. At that time she'd been out hunting with Loki and sort of stumbled upon his land by accident while following a jakrab. Now, things were different - she was humanoid for one.

Astride a tuskcat, the Lupine crested a hill that brought her in view of T'chort's estate, and she smiled a toothy, lopsided grin. Metallic eyes shielded by reflective orange lenses scanned the expansive lawn layed out before her, and urging the beast on, she leaned forward in the saddle a little, bumping against the small droid in front of her.

MMU had found her finally, and after almost 3 years, the two were reunited quite magnificiently; her dosing herself up with Liquid Silver before chasing him around the house in a game of 'Horrible Rancor Beastie', and he as happy as could be, screaming and laughing as he bolted from room to room.

And now they were both up to no good.

MMU was exhilerated and ecstatic to be back with her.

And Lok s'Ilancy was very drunk.

Jarek T'chort
Sep 26th, 2004, 02:05:49 PM
" . . . no Hemlin, ask General Bregard if he has seen them, I haven't been to the office."

The young Major on the other end of the comlink went quiet. Then, an acknowledgement and the comlink clicked off, leaving Jarek T'chort alone in his study.

He had been fairly short with Major Vryss, his aide-de-camp, but it was his vaccation. For all of three days Jarek wanted some quiet time, the situation rooms of High Command on Orrl Island switched for the grandiose Thyferran architecture of his estate.

Rising from his obsidian desk, he strolled over to the bookcase that ran along the left hand wall, all manner of datacards contained within - but Jarek wanted something easy to read, something light on the brain.

Military history . . .

Family histories . . .

Fiction . . .

Now, to choose something adequate for his frame of -

He stopped as the small red light on his desk lit up, indicating someone had tripped the motion sensor beyond his front door. Jarek wasn't expecting visitors, no . . . whoever this was, they were uninvited. Crossing to the desk, he scooped up a wicked looking blaster and his comlink. He padded across the decked floor, eyes locked on the main double doors ahead. Pausing behind it, he raised his blaster, finger gently pulling on the trigger. With a sudden jerk his hand, the door swung open, propelling him forward, blaster raised -

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 26th, 2004, 02:16:58 PM
- and knocking down the woman who'd been reaching for the door chime. Unable to catch herself, the Lupine fell like a ton of durracrete bricks, and for a few moments did nothing as she tried to play mental catch-up with what had just happened. She lay on her back, dazed just a bit as a small droid stared at the scene from atop the tuskcat both rode in on. Big green eyes traveled from the woman on the ground to the man above her, and his little antannae drooped low.

With a grumble and a slight hiccup, s'Il canted her head up to look at the man standing over her, blaster pointed.

Every farkin' time...

"How come everytime I see you you're pointing a weapon at me?"

Jarek T'chort
Sep 26th, 2004, 02:21:56 PM
His eyes widened for a second, before he raised an eyebrow, lowering his blaster with a sigh.

"A good blaster at my side has saved my hide plenty of times."

He caught a whiff of her breath as she leant forward on the door frame.

"I see you've discovered clothes," he retorted, "And alchohol too."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 26th, 2004, 02:33:15 PM
She grumbled something unintelligable while dusting herself off, then looked up at him.

Discovered clothes?

"Ok, so maybe the last few times you've seen me I haven't exactly been with apparel," inebriated as she was, s'Il didn't even notice her slip-up, "But come on. I'm not a completely primitive neanderthal.

"Besides," she leaned forward then, jabbing a finger into his chest, "You liked seeing it all and you know it."

Jarek T'chort
Sep 26th, 2004, 02:38:52 PM
A sly grin crossed the Imperials features as s'Il spoke.

"I may be a gentleman," Jarek replied, "But I'm also a soldier and a red blooded male."

He swept a hand behind him, while performing a mock bow.

"Thus, being the gentleman that I am, I must insist that you enjoy my hospitality, Duchess s'Ilancy."

Quiet time, Jarek thought to himself, may have to be postponed.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 26th, 2004, 03:23:56 PM
"Don't call me duchess," she grumped drunkenly.

She didn't move, however, simply staring up at him for a few moments before letting it register that he was inviting her inside. Last time she'd been here, she'd simply let herself in to promptly terrorize his more expensive possessions.

And suddenly, she smiled - a crooked, drunen grin.

"Is there beer in there?"

Jarek T'chort
Sep 27th, 2004, 05:31:44 AM
The grin on Jarek's face grew.

"But of course, m'lady."

He ignored the evil glare she threw at him as he mentioned her title again.

"My family originates on Arbra, now if you haven't heard of my home world's Korval brew then you are missing out."

He paused, glancing at the small droid who accompanied her.

"Your little friend is welcome to some converter oil too."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 28th, 2004, 10:26:44 AM
"He doesn't particularly enjoy 'converter oil'. He likes tacos."

At the mention of the word "tacos", the little avatar perked up quite magnificiently, and he skittered his way down from the saddle to dash through s'Il's legs and into the house; disappearing inside, undoubtedly in search of the kitchen and wherever the supposed tacos might be.

The Lupine feigned a sweet smile up at the Imperial, despite her state of mind.

"Korval Brew? I suppose then it's a little bit more high brow than Selonia's Best. Though then again, I wouldn't be surprised seeing as how hoity-toity you upper echelons of society can be."

A teasing, exhasperated sigh followed.

"Lead on, then. I guess I'll have to try this eopie swill of yours."

Jarek T'chort
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:12:48 AM
The pair strolled - well, Jarek strolled, s'Il followed at more of a drunken meander - into the study, with MMU long gone into the darkened halls of the house.

"All right, let's see." Jarek muttered, picking up a small remote. With a tap on the tiny buttons a portion of the wall slid back, revealing an well stocked bar. Bottles gleamed in the vivid light of the room, all manner of drinks lined the back of the bar, where Jarek now grabbed a pair of tall necked Arbran Korval brews. He reached for glasses, thought better of it and walked back over to s'Il, whilst popping the caps, who was standing restlessly in the center of the room.

"Here." He held out the bottle, which was promptly snatched from him by the wavering woman.

"I'd prefer it if your little friend was careful," Jarek said, his eyes looking back into the halls where the avatar had disappeared. "The last time I had a guest who scampered about, it decided to smash several expensive ornaments."

"And my lunch." He added quietly.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 6th, 2004, 08:03:57 PM
She eyed the bottle, deciding that the contents weren't going to horribly poison her if drunk. With a test sip that soon turned into a full and deep swig, s'Il listened idly at T'chort's last sentences.

Satisfied, she brought the bottle back down, a grin on her lips.

"Hehe, yeah, I remember that," she remarked without thinking, eyes scanning the study for the most comfortable looking chair.

Jarek T'chort
Oct 7th, 2004, 04:39:17 AM
The drunken woman gripping the bottle in her hand was now the subject of scrutiny from the Imperial.

"You remember?" Jarek asked carefully, "What is, exactly, that you remember?"

Had she been anywhere near the house when that cursed boy and his vornskr had run amok? Impossible, security had double checked the holocams for more intruders after that, with no sign of s'Ilancy.

But he expected this Duchess, (how unfitting that title was, he griped) was far more devious than she appeared. He narrowed his eyes and took a swig of his own drink in an effort to appear casual.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 7th, 2004, 09:01:00 AM
She stifled a grin, offering him a mirthful glance over her shoulder as she sauntered over to a chair - and boy did it look comfy, all plush and leather; the kind of chair you could sink into. And lowering her frame down, s'Il did exactly that. She melted into it, as though her body were 99% liquid.

"Well yeah I do," she let her head fall back to stare glassily up at the ceiling. "Heck, I even remember the first time I ever met you."

Another draw from her beer before she continued, her tone completely lachadaisical and her speech just a little bit slurred..

"It was after those screamers stampeded the camp. I remember because you called me yours... " she let out a hiccup, "... and had a blaster pointed at me."

Jarek T'chort
Oct 8th, 2004, 08:58:54 AM
Rolling his eyes, Jarek took another swig of the brew, eyes still on s'Il.

"I hadn't forgotten the occasion of our meeting, either." The Imperial said, remembering the mad alien, Hugo, and the Screamers. That hadn't been the most enjoyable vaccation he'd ever taken. Teleran certainly hadn't been impressed, either.

"You never did explain what you were doing there," Jarek challenged, "You can tell me now."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 9th, 2004, 08:17:36 PM
"Yes I did," she answered, her tone stern (as stern as one could be when drunk) as if she were lecturing a child, "I told you I was out hunting."

The Lupine settled herself more comfortably in the chair.

"Screaners taste good," she finished absently, taking another drink.

Jarek T'chort
Oct 13th, 2004, 04:21:51 PM
Avoiding the question. How typical.

"Well," Jarek said, his voice losing the edge it had quietly gained, "Do you plan to just sit around drinking my beer or do you have anything else in mind?"

Jarek's face was straight for a moment, before cracking a toothy grin.

"I imagine being a duchess has softened you up a bit."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 17th, 2004, 08:16:00 PM
Her bottle was halfway to her mouth as he spoke his last sentence, and the Lupine froze, her mind digesting those last words. Soft?? Soft??!! Her?

The bottle came down slowly, and s'Il tensed the muscles in her jaw ever so slightly.

"Soft?" Where his tone had lost its' edge, hers seemed to gain one. "I hardly think one could define me as 'soft'. I'd wager I'm in better shape than the men in your 'glorious military'."

Jarek T'chort
Oct 19th, 2004, 01:12:21 PM
It took all of Jarek's willpower to suppress the laughter building in his chest.

"Hey I'm just wondering,"He soothed, "no need to get all defensive."

The grin stayed in place, this time with an accompanying glint in the Imperial's eyes.

"You mentioned a wager? What sort of wager?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 19th, 2004, 05:19:00 PM
"I see you trying to not laugh," she snapped, pointing a finger at him. "I'm not some weak little Lupi... woman, for your infor*hic*mation.

"And forget wagering. I know I'm tougher than you lot."

Her beverage went untouched for once.

"But if it would ease your heart, I suppose a wager could be made."

Jarek T'chort
Oct 22nd, 2004, 07:59:05 AM
Jarek T'chort was not an entirely serious man, to those that knew him well - he had a sharp sense of humor, but this was rarely called upon during his time in the Imperial Military. The Empire had certainly curbed his 'fun' side, the depth and horror of war that he had witnessed first hand sobered him from the cheeky recruit on Carida back in the days of Viscera into a hard and decisive soldier. As he listened to s'Ilancy, he smiled, almost feeling his juvenile self being stirred once more by the drunken woman, something he wasn't entirely sure his old PT instructors would be happy about.

"If you know" Jarek returned, "Then I suppose it is up to me to set you straight in your beliefs."

Matching her tone, Jarek lent toward her.

"Something I'd be more than happy to do. That is, of course, if you have something in mind, or are you too drunk?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 23rd, 2004, 12:13:05 PM
ooc - I'm really sorry for taking so long :(

ic:
She stared at him over the tops of her eyes, lofting a single brow. "More than happy to set me straight?

"Those are awful big words- " another hiccup escaped her lips, and the Lupine leaned forward minutely. "How about a little contest in brute strength and stamina then? Think your old bones could handle that?"

Jarek T'chort
Nov 26th, 2004, 09:41:50 AM
ooc: np

ic:

"Old bones?"

Jarek rolled his eyes, chugging down some brew as he did so.

"I'm open to such a contest. Any suggestions?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 28th, 2004, 12:32:37 PM
Without so much as a pause after he'd spoken, s'Il gave him a lop-sided grin.

"A joust. On tauntauns. And if their smell doesn't knock you on your rearend, I will."

Jarek T'chort
Dec 11th, 2004, 04:04:15 PM
Jousting? Jarek nearly did a double take. Jousting was something he had never done before. But, he'd be damned if he would s'Il know that.

"Jousting is a game of nobilty. Last time I checked, I was an Archduke. I have an advantage, miss."

Jarek turned his nose up as he spoke, putting on an aristocratic air that he had affected from tme spent around Desaria - not to mention the pointers he had been given by Von Laang.

"You're on. But where will we find tauntauns around here?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 11th, 2004, 09:34:48 PM
"You say 'nobility' as if I'm not worthy enough," she grumbled, not just a little disgruntled. She hiccupped.

Oh he was playing the stuck-up aristocratic snob, wasn't he? The Lupine gave him a semi-dirty look as he turned up his nose before proceeding to hunker down in her chair. Well. She would just have to just knock him off his high-horse. And the more she thought about it, the more appealing it was.

Unaware of the devious grin curling back the corners of her lips, s'Il answered his last question. "Oh don't you worry about the tauntauns, Archduke T'chort. I imported a few back when I first was given my land."

She went silent for a few moments then, staring at him as her mind worked. You know...

"Care to make a wager? Since you seem so sure of your victory, I'm sure a simple bet would be harmless enough for someone of your... stature... "

Jarek T'chort
Dec 13th, 2004, 09:25:20 PM
"You can hardly talk about stature when the infamous Lok s'Ilancy is a person of merely barbed witticisms and hot air."

Jarek's face broke into a large, wide grin. He knew she would react to that - badly. But then that was the idea. The more she wanted to beat him, the more she disliked him - she would lose her cool in trying to win. All advantages for him.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 14th, 2004, 09:25:22 AM
A decidly sour look descended upon her features, and the Lupine glared drunken daggers at T'chort. Her hackles were raised in two seconds flat, having to resist the urge to simply change and show him exactly what level on the playing field he'd just arrived at.... not to mention on what rung of the food chain ladder he sat on in comparison to herself.

But, as soon as the look in her eyes had flashed into existence, it just as quickly faded away to be replaced by a lazy posture and eyes full to the brim with that universal "Know-it-all" look.

"Guilty on the first count, I admit readily. However, I doubt your green-skinned friend back on whatever... " she waived her hand in the air, unable to remember the exact name of the planet, "... whatever planet we met on, would be able to attest to this 'hot air' of which you speak."

One corner of her mouth ticked upward then, and she gave T'chort.possibly the single most supreme, smug expression ever to be seen in the galaxy.

Jarek T'chort
Jan 2nd, 2005, 10:04:31 AM
T'chort's grin turned back into a puzzled expression. Hugo... yes Jarek remembered him well. He also remembered how expertly the alien was dispatched by s'Ilancy - her nude form clutching a hunting dagger, crouched over the traitorous alien's broken body.

Upon his return to Thyferra, he had asked around amongst his sources, quietly questioned friends in Intel - but had never discovered the truth about s'Ilancy. Only rumor and wild tales. Yet, looking at the metal-eyed female, he decided that many of those stories may well have held water.

" The expression, 'more than meets the eye', " Jarek said quietly, " Is most apt when applied to you. "

His eyes sharpened, mouth straight.

" You were following us, the hunting party I mean, weren't you? "

Jarek already knew the answer to that question.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 2nd, 2005, 10:46:23 AM
s'Il settled herself more comfortably in her seat. "Not at first, no."

Swishing the can in her hand, the Lupine made note that she was almost done with her beverage, but made no move to request another. She was feeling great already, and the wide smile on her face told as much.

"At first I was out doing my own hunting, but then you guys moved downwind. After that it was pretty easy to follow you." Her smile turned smug once more. "I still remember watching you before the screamers ransacked your camp. After that I kept my distance though. I didn't feel like having another blaster pointed at me."

Jarek T'chort
Jan 3rd, 2005, 02:44:50 PM
Jarek suddenly tired of the questions. Of course it would be too easy to expect s'Ilancy would ever knowingly reveal what she was truly doing on Asmeru. He made a mental note to talk to Teleran about this conversation.

With one hand clutching the rim of his beer can, Jarek pointed yonder, past the open double doors, leading to the gardens.

" There are several acres of open land - all part of my estate. I think it should prove an adequate arena. "

Jarek's smile returned, as he moved toward the door, snatching his boots in one hand and throwing a wry glance at Lok.

" Ladies' first. "

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 5th, 2005, 09:24:31 PM
The Lupine practically bounded past him, thinking nothing else of the small questioning session from T'chort. No, she was focused on something else; something infinitely more fun and enjoyable. If she were more sober, she would have suspected there to be more questions from the Imperial at a later date, but as it was, s'Il was far from rational thought.

"You won't be so gentlemanly when I drop your tucus to the ground."

The look she gave him from over her shoulder was one usually attributed to nutcases - and truth be told, such a description would not be that farfetched when attributed to the Lupine.

"You get yourself ready for a sound beating, SIR, and I'll procure the harbingers of your imminent doom."