PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone get SkyOne?

Shawn
Sep 23rd, 2004, 01:22:34 AM
For those that don't, it's a British TV station. They seem to broadcast a good amount of Sci-Fi shows like Enterprise, Stargate and Angel. While browsing around, I noticed that they (apparently) have an upcoming show called Hex (http://www.skyone.co.uk/programmes/hex/). I was hoping that someone who gets the station could tell me more about it, because it sounds interesting.

From what I can gather, it's basically a British version of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The site suggests that it has strong religious undertones and some degree of sexuality.

I was really hoping that one of our resident Brits could tell me a little more about it. I'm unclear if the show is already airing. Or, if not, when its premiere date is. I'd really like to find a way to catch a couple of episodes to see if I'd like it or not.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 23rd, 2004, 01:53:33 AM
I can't say I've heard anything about it o_O

Alex
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:39:30 AM
I've *heard* of Hex. As in, I've heard mention of the name. I might have skim-read an article at some point. But don't know anything more than that.

I don't get Sky One though...I don't even get TV. :cry Its been 3 months since a lightning strike blew up our TV arial, and half of the stuff in the house (my graphics card, TV, DVD, VCR, Stereo, cooker, microwave, telephone, modem, network, etc), and my dad STILL hasn't sent off an insurance claim yet. Grr...

Master Yoghurt
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:42:13 AM
Nasty lightningbolt :eek

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:01:58 AM
Now I've seen a couple of features about it. The SKy magazine had a big article on it. Haven't actually watched any episodes yet though. Not even sure if it's started o_O

Shawn
Oct 5th, 2004, 01:15:53 PM
The show has started airing. Sundays at 9pm.

Edit: I finally saw the first episode.

For a premiere, it was pretty good. I really hope they decide to do large story arcs and have it be slightly epic, as opposed to doing lots of stand-alones. The production values are pretty high, which is both a good and a bad thing.

Good: The show looks fantastic, and is of a much higher caliber than, say, Charmed.

Bad: It'll probably get cancelled in favor of a cheaper to produce show.

The locations all look really fantastic. Their school is absolutely gorgeous. Here's hoping it gets some decent ratings over yonder so that we'll get at least a few seasons out of it.

Edit: MSN has a much better site for the show here: http://entertainment.msn.co.uk/tv/hex/Default.asp There's a couple of promo videos and stuff there, so check it out if you're interested.