PDA

View Full Version : Losers walk home...

Silus Xilarian
Sep 21st, 2004, 07:03:07 AM
It had taken awhile for news that Silus' favorite underground criminal organization had staged a grand opening of minor proportions on Coruscant, mainly due to the fact that he hadn't been on the planet for so damn long. Just two days prior however, when he first stepped out of the sector starport, old contacts were already making an attempt to contact him on the matter. If anyone knew Silus, and there were a few that did, they knew that he had a soft spot in his heart for good nightly retreats. A few even knew that this soft spot was also accompanied with violence and money. Long story short, this place had his name written all over it.

Tonight though, there was another agenda besides the usual for Silus, one that he had made shortly after finding out the Sparta club existed. With a cocky smirk plastered across his face, Silus made his way into club. His 'date' for the night was lagging behind a slight bit, but on her way at the very least, so Silus took his time to scan the area for a table and/or any familiar faces.

Daria Nytherciria
Sep 26th, 2004, 05:04:52 AM
It wasn’t often that a member of the elite Kuto assassin contingent felt threatened, however Daria Nytherciria was feeling just that as she entered the Sparta Club. While in normal company she would have looked petite, here she was dwarfed. It seemed as though the patrons en masse had taken one too many muscle enhancers. Given the outcome of her last training session with Silus, this didn’t bode well. “What are we doing here?” she asked in a quiet voice, having eventually managed to get through a large crowd of rowdy Gamorrean’s to catch up with Xilarian.

Silus Xilarian
Sep 26th, 2004, 05:45:52 AM
"Applied learning."

Silus shouldered through the crowd, leaving Daria a nice little path behind him through the crowd. As they pressed through, it was pretty clear that they were not heading toward the stands, but instead, to a small desk where a man sat with a stack of papers. The papers were, of course, just for show, as the status of the establishments legality didnt really afford them the need for wavers and contracts. The man at the desk brightened up a bit as Silus approached.

"Good evening sir, would you like to participate in a contest." He asked. With a bit of a smile, Silus reached over and slung an arm around Daria, pushing her up in front of him.

"Actually, I'll just be spectating tonight, however, she would like to sign up."

The man looked a bit surprised at first, and was obviously holding back a chuckle.

"Well, if you dont have an opponent lined up already, we have an opening in our next match. As soon as the current fight is over, she can make her way through the entrance just past me, and she'll be ready to go."

Silus politely thanked the man, and started to walk off.

"Now, do whatever it is you do to get ready, im gonna see about getting myself a drink."

Daria Nytherciria
Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:09:37 AM
Daria had a mind to throw a fit, but found herself completely paralyzed with anger. No less than a week ago, Silus may as well have beaten her into a bloody pulp when they had fought hand to hand, and now he intended to toss her in the ring with prizefighters. The man behind the desk smiled a sort of polite, yet insincere smile at Daria, while she fumed silently.

With jagged, vexed movements, she wretched off her cloak to reveal black tank top and cargos – hardly the best clothing to be fighting in. Unfortunately, it was all that she had, and in the end, she did not imagine she would last long from when the start bell rang. “Doesn’t look like it will be long now,” the man grinned and nodded towards the current fight, where a one of the fighters had just socked his opponent right in the face, sending him spinning in a daze.

He eyed Daria again, noting this time the definition of muscle in her limbs. She would be fast, he thought, but fast was no good on the end of most of the fight regulars’ fists.

Silus Xilarian
Oct 4th, 2004, 04:42:15 AM
Silus had just found himself a seat when he saw Daria make her way out into the area. Of course, when this happened, he stood up and cheered wildly for her. So far, his plan had worked well. She was in the middle of the ring, fighting a guy about his size, and she was steaming mad. It was just a matter of moments now, Silus would get to see how she used what she'd learn up to this point in a real situation.

Daria Nytherciria
Oct 12th, 2004, 05:32:10 AM
It was difficult to tell whether the flush of red in Daria’s cheeks was from anger, or embarrassment at Silus hooting and hollering. She’d been bundled into the ring, opposite a man who looked more than capable enough of flooring her. After a brief introduction by the ‘ringmaster’, a bell rang and the pair were pushed together. Cringing, Daria brought both fists up in a block, immediately receiving a jab into her defense that sent her stumbling a step or two backwards. She ducked down and swung an uppercut at her opponent.

Silus Xilarian
Nov 6th, 2004, 09:57:09 PM
"Come on now!" Silus shouted at the top of his lungs.

"USE YOUR HEAD!!!!"

As he yelled, her uppercut connected solidly against the man's chin, snapping his head backward, and causing him to step back slightly, but doing little in the way of actually hurting him.

Daria Nytherciria
Nov 16th, 2004, 06:40:20 AM
"USE YOUR HEAD!!!!" If there was one thing Daria Nytherciria knew how to do, this was it. Whether or not Silus had meant for her to utilize her natural talents were quite irrelevant, as the moment his voice bellowed into her ears, she was already preparing herself for a psychic jihad. Not too preoccupied to follow her uppercut, however, she drove another punch into his gut. This time, though, her hand remained. The contact between their skin was all she needed. Within seconds, a skull-splitting headache riddled the man’s mind. He shrieked and Daria recoiled in surprise, not quite expecting such a reaction. For her efforts, she received a solid punch in the nose, flooring her instantly.

Silus Xilarian
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:02:36 PM
"WHAT THE HELL! GET UP!!!!"

Silus wasnt exactly sure how critical things might have been down there. He knew that he could certainly have took that punch, but Daria wasnt as good as he was at getting beat on. Going from the edge of his seat to standing, Silus watched on, continuously yelling for Daria to get off the ground.

Daria Nytherciria
Nov 20th, 2004, 05:55:55 AM
Much to the surprise of those watching, the man fell seconds later. Daria had taken his legs way with a sweep kick. When his fist had connected with her face, her anger had surged to new heights. Frustrated that she had gained the upper hand only to loose it moments later, she had pushed all pain out of her mind and even managed to clamber on top of his fallen body. With one knee on either side of his neck, she planted both palms firmly on his temples and let rip with another surge of mind-bending energy, against which he was powerless to resist.

Devon Russels
Nov 20th, 2004, 06:00:11 PM
"Now this the kinda place for me," he said as he stepped into the club. There had been very little time on Coruscant seperated from the upper levels of it and the lowers, but with the culture, style, life, it might as well be oceans the size of a planet apart. Dressed in his brown rags and garbs similar to that of a Jedi, he was clearly not attired for the lifestyle that was being carried out in the part of Coruscant the scoundrels played, but his personality always was.

Bumping through the crowd, he began looking about, searching for something more interesting than a simple Twi'lek giving him a seductive look. He hadn't got those far too much in his day and he had learned to just brush them off with the rest of the daily events. Yet there was something about the place he couldn't just simply sweep away from his mind.

The sound of hooting and hollering nearby. There was something being carried out that was worth it, apparently, so he had to find out. Rushing through the crowd as best he could, without angering any pig-looking Gamorreans or furious Zabrack, he came to a sudden stop at a human screaming over the crowd.

The man seemed intrigued by fighting and more specifically the woman who was fighting. The combination of the two was something truly interesting, so Devon quickly took to his introduction. Grabbing at a Twi'lek female employee, he gave her a charming smile and pulled at the drink she had in her hand.

"Talk to ya' later, girlie," he said, before spinning her away. She seemed a bit furious, but he paid it no matter, he got what he wanted and was onto the next as soon as he was walking away.

Stepping to the cheering man, he placed down his drink on the table before him with a strong slam.

"My names Devon...Devon Russels, think I can sit next to ya while ya hoot-n-holler ya way for ol' girlie out there?"

Silus Xilarian
Nov 22nd, 2004, 06:49:30 PM
"Table's yours, I just hit big."

The fight in the ring was over with. Daria was finishing her opponent off at that very moment, and Silus had to go pay up on the credits he had just lost. So, he may have not 'hit big', but who's counting anyways. As he made his way over and quickly payed up on his losses, then pushed his way to where Daria would be walking out.

Devon Russels
Nov 22nd, 2004, 08:11:11 PM
Devon's eyes followed as Silus walked off. Somewhere inside he couldn't help but feel a bit of disgrunt at the sudden depature. He was hoping for some kind of conversation, atleast with someone interesting, even though there seemed to be a large amount of interesting faces watching him. They seemed to smell the aroma of anew on him, and not a single scoundrel seemed to give a smile at it. Yet, at that, one would have to exclude females as scoundrel.

They watched him only like a peko peko would his prey, ready to pounce and scoop him up. A smile came to his face, a boost of confidence always managed to come his way with those seductive looks. He liked it...

Yet, he wanted to talk to someone, and like the women in the room he wanted to find out more about this lady in the arena, so he quickly jumped up and headed down the path that he saw the man go. It wasn't going to take long for him to catch up...

Daria Nytherciria
Nov 25th, 2004, 03:02:14 AM
To say that Daria was walking out would have been using the term walking loosely. She stumbled out of the cage like she had alcohol for blood, holding her head in one hand. Right on time, she’d begun to feel dizzy, a nasty after effect of her psychic attack. Through her daze she spotted Silus, and felt a surge of mixed emotion – anger that he’d forced her into that situation, and gratitude that he’d allowed her to prove a point to herself.

“How did I do?”

OOC: Just incase you didn’t know, Silus, Devon has been banned, so we can just pretend he was never here!

Silus Xilarian
Nov 25th, 2004, 03:53:38 AM
"Not too bad, but im surprise no one's yelling fix. We arent exactly behind public about our abilities. "

Silus put his arm around her shoulder and started leading her through the crowd.

"Next time, I want you on your opponent and hitting them before they have a chance to start holding their head. You have to use your skills stealthfully. Now lets get something to drink before your next fight."

Daria Nytherciria
Nov 26th, 2004, 06:16:14 AM
There were a few jeers and shouts in Daria’s direction, but her thumping headache was causing them to blur all into one. She sighed heavily as Silus steered her in the right direction. “Next fight? How many are there going to be?”

Silus Xilarian
Nov 28th, 2004, 04:30:34 PM
"Im not sure yet, you look kinda cute out there, so who knows. Besides, I gotta make up the money I lost on the last fight."

Settling in at the bar, Silus ordered Daria a glass of ice water.

"The main thing to remember is, if people know what you're pulling, we'll both be in it up to our eyeballs. So be more discreet next time. Work him over gradually."

Daria Nytherciria
Nov 30th, 2004, 06:29:41 AM
In the middle of taking a long, much-needed drink, Daria began to cough and splutter. “You’re using me to win bets?!” She looked outraged, that she had been a tool in Silus’ attempt to hustle the other lowly gamblers.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 2nd, 2004, 04:00:13 PM
Silus rolled his eyes a bit at Daria's little tantrum.

"Oh shut up. If I was here simply to win money, I'd be out there myself. Now stop trying to weasel out of your next fight."

After setting his drink down, Silus leaned down a bit, getting at eye level with Daria.

"Listen up, and listen good, cause I try not to get preachy all too often. You have a gift that not many people have, and you're learning to use it well, however, as much as you make like me smacking you around Iziz, you have to get out here and get some real experience under your belt. Now, I could take you a few levels lower on this planet and let you tangle with some really tough bastards, but I run the risk of someone sticking a vibroblade through your ribs, and all this crap Ive been trying to pound in your head will be for nothing. So, you can fuss all you want about this, but just keep in mind that as much as you think you're getting pounded on, its nothing compared to what I went through in my training. Understand?"

Daria Nytherciria
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:52:59 AM
Daria averted her eyes. The last thing that she wanted right now was a lecture on the hard knocks of life from Silus. She had endured her fair share of beatings over her life, and although most were mental rather than physical, she didn’t doubt that they were any less painful. Yet, in spite of her indignation, she found herself apologizing.

“I’m sorry. You’re only trying to help.”

Silus Xilarian
Dec 5th, 2004, 08:34:43 PM
"Exactly, now go win me some money."

With that, Silus gave her a light push back toward the arena, and turned to order himself another drink. He wouldnt admit it, but he was proud of her for winning her first fight. Though she was sloppy, she showcases just how much she had improved. At first, the mental assualt took a few seconds to start, and even then, it took a few more seconds to truely become effective. And she usually came close to passing out afterward. This time, she hit her opponent with it like a sack of bricks, and was able to walk afterward. Small victories really could be the sweetest.

Daria Nytherciria
Jan 5th, 2005, 01:12:43 PM
The second fight was by no means a drastic improvement on the first, but there were signs of her learning on her feet. Little mistakes that she might have made initially were avoided with some concentration. By the time she was onto her next fight, it was almost second nature. She had always been an efficient learner – this much could be seen in her ability to grasp the whole Basic language in a matter of weeks. This was especially true when it came to tactics and combat, however.

It was in her forth fight that she faltered, perhaps allowing her growing confidence to get the better of her. Instead of delivering a swift jab, she opted instead for a jump kick. Truthfully it would have been more powerful if it had landed, but the window of opportunity was far too small for her to be able to execute it completely. She was swatted out of the air effortlessly by her behemoth opponent, who charged her frail form into the side of the ring with unthinkable force.