PDA

View Full Version : Baby Blue (Open)

Jerib Rakai
Sep 20th, 2004, 09:13:15 PM
Jerib Rakai happily slapped on another coat of fresh, baby blue paint. He had been at his adopted daughters apartment all of twenty-four hours and already, they had gone out and bought paint for his new grandson's room.

Quay'Na watched from a lawn chair, they had set up earlier. Coaching him on places he had missed and such.

Her father just shook his head and laughed as he brought his repulser chair down for some more paint. "You should have called me earlier, young lady. I would've been glad to come and help you move."

He dipped the roller back into the paint and then went back over to the wall to finish his duty.

Kwiet Ideya
Sep 20th, 2004, 09:54:53 PM
Something around here STINKS. He can smell it all the way from his room, it's irritating. Not really just because it's a wierd smell, but just because he's not sure what the smell is. The six year old blonde boy has been seeking this smell for about ten minutes now, checking all the rooms and every hall.

Findking the Rakai residence he sticks his head inside and looks around. It's in here, he's found it!

"Paint."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2004, 04:29:30 AM
Quay had been sitting in her lawn chair watching her Father paint, she couldn't believe how much fun he was having.

"I know, but it wasn't a big deal. Besides, my new Master helped me..."

It was about that time that she heard the young boy come in and turned around as best as she could at being nearly seven and a half months pregnant.

"Hello, young man." She greeted him with a smile. "Yes, paint. I'm sorry for the smell, we're getting my baby's room ready for him."

She stood. "I don't think, I've ever seen you around. I'm Quay'Na and this is my father, Jerib."

Kwiet Ideya
Sep 21st, 2004, 10:19:59 AM
Kwiet's irritation wilts into mild embarrassment. He always winds up putting his foot in his mouth, as Abel would say. He huffs a little, shoving his hands into the pockets of his jacket and looking around at the room to avoid looking Quay'na in the eyes.

"It's okay. It's just paint."

But as he's saying it she's standing, and asking his name. Manners, now! It's important to be polite to adults. It makes them think well of his mom.

"My name's Kwiet Id...um, Kwiet Jinn. I live with my mom down the hall." The boy's voice is especially clear as he pronounces his name. It's not "quiet", like the kids at his old orphanage would have you think. And when he states his last name, there's a great amount of emphasis placed on it. It's his mother's last name, and he's proud of it.

"So, um...you're gonna have a kid?" he asks nervously after a few more moments of looking around. "I saw a baby a week or so ago. A man with glasses and long hair was taking care of him."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2004, 11:51:21 AM
Quay'Na smiled. She believed that to be Master Wei. The Padawan had heard he was raising a child, but the subject had not really come about as of yet.

"That's a very mighty name you have, Kwiet. There are Jinn's in the history Archives, but I'm sure you already know that. Perhaps, I can meet your mother sometime."

"And yes, I'm going to have a baby." She told him gently as she rested her hand on her belly. "Soon, I hope." Quay added with a smile.

Jerib Rakai
Sep 21st, 2004, 11:55:26 AM
"Let's not rush it too soon, my dear. This room is still empty." Jerib said as he manuvered his repulser chair down to them. He sat the roller in the pan and cleaned off his hands.

"Hello there, young lad." Jerib greeted the boy with a friendly smile. "Are you here to give us a hand?"

Kwiet Ideya
Sep 21st, 2004, 05:19:44 PM
Kwiet shrugs. Truthfully the answer is no; he just wanted to find what the smell was...

"Sure."

...but Jedi are helpful, and it'll make his mom proud to know he'd helped someone without having been told to do so.

"What should I do?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2004, 07:27:06 PM
"Well, I think we're done with the painting." Quay answered as she looked at the newspapers scattered all over the floor.

"If I hold this trash bag open, would you stick the newspapers in it for me?" It was an easy task for the young boy.

"Afterwards, I've got some cookies in the kitchen I just baked this morning, they are chocolate chip."

Kwiet Ideya
Sep 22nd, 2004, 01:00:06 PM
Kwiet wrinkles his nose as he scoops up the newspapers. If he gets the wet paint on his clothes, his mom will have a bantha. He stacks all the papers together, folds them as tightly as he can, trying to keep pages with paint to the inside, and stuffs the lot of it in the garbage bag.

"That wasn't so tough. So...now what?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 22nd, 2004, 08:36:12 PM
As her father took the trash bag out to the kitchen, Quay looked at Kwiet.

"Well, for doing such an excellent job, would you like some cookies? I made them just this morning."

Kwiet Ideya
Sep 26th, 2004, 09:42:57 PM
"Sure," he answers, wandering away into her kitchen. "What kind are they?" As he walks he's looking at everything, taking in all the details he can. Kwiet settles himself at her table.

"Are you a Padawan?" he asks out of the blue.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 29th, 2004, 08:00:19 PM
Quay follows him and grabs some paper plates and the glass dish with the chocolate chip cookies.

"Yes, I am a Padawan. I've just returned recently, my master is Wei Wu Wei. Would you like some milk?" She asked as she sat down the cookies on the table.

Kwiet Ideya
Oct 1st, 2004, 08:57:45 AM
"Sure," he answers. Kwiet still can't get over it. Adult Padawans!His mother's a Padawan too, and though she's made it clear many times that people do not ever stop learning through the course of their life, he can't help but giggle a little inside at the idea. But that's not important.

"Who gets to name your baby?" he asks. Kwiet's an orphan; he was named by the adults of the orphanage that took him in. He wonders, since Quay is presumably going to live through childbirth, whether or not her child will be named the way he was.

Jerib Rakai
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:18:27 AM
Jerib guides his repulsor chair into the kitchen as he hears the boy ask about naming the baby.

"She'll be the one to name the baby." He tells him gently as he pulls up by the table and takes a cookie.

Quay'Na comes back over with the milk and pours them both a glass.

"And I believe the name she has chosen is Aramis Elijah Rakai, am I right?" Jerib asks Quay as she sits down in the other chair.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:21:50 AM
Quay'Na smiles. "Yes, that's the name." She takes a cookie and passes the plate to Kwiet.

"So, how long have you been here, young man?"

Kwiet Ideya
Oct 3rd, 2004, 03:41:01 PM
"Oh." That's what he thought the answer would be, but seems somehow disappointed by it. "I've been here a few weeks. We just moved in. I've been at the Jedi bar for longer than that, though."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 5th, 2004, 08:09:45 PM
"The Jedi bar is a very nice place to hang out and have a good meal." Quay smiled, though her last visit had been less than satisfying and had landed her in the hospital.

"What else do you do here? Do you have a master?"

Yasmin Le'Kray
Oct 6th, 2004, 07:31:39 PM
Yasmin was late, but then again she was always late and figured that one day she'd even be late to her own funeral.

She had baked some fresh pumpkin bread and had it neatly wrapped in a small basket for carrying. As soon as she entered the living quarters, she smelled paint and knew that it had to be coming from her twins apartment.

She heard her sister talking as she entered and saw Quay'Na had some company. She nodded as her sister took notice and placed the baked goods on the counter so not to disturb the conversation.

Of course, Yasmin knew Jerib, Quay's adopted dad, but the young little boy was a new face. Yasmin wondered just who he was.

Kwiet Ideya
Oct 8th, 2004, 11:06:18 AM
"Um, sort of. I had a guy teach me once. I'm really good at making illusions, so I spend lots of time practicing that, and throwing. Mom wants me to go to normal school sometime soon. Are you good at illusions, too? Because you've got another you standing over there."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 8th, 2004, 08:34:46 PM
Quay'Na smiled and shook her head. "No, I'm no illusionist by any means. This is Yasmin, my identical twin sister. Yasmin, this is Kwiet."

Kwiet Ideya
Oct 12th, 2004, 11:48:25 AM
"Oh."

This is the same slightly disappointed "oh" he made earlier. He was kind of hoping she'd be an illusionist, too, to teach him some more things, but now that she's not, he's glad. He's still a unique member of the GJO's Padawans.

"Hi Miss Yasmin. It's nice to meet you."

Polite, just like his mom said. She'll sure be proud when she hears about it.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Oct 17th, 2004, 08:41:14 PM
Yasmin smiled at him. "Hello, young man. I see you've tried my sister's chocolate chip cookies. She does a fine job, don't you think?" She winked at him.

Kwiet Ideya
Oct 18th, 2004, 12:48:09 PM
At the moment, the boy's mouth is full of said cookies, so he just nods energetically. Maybe later he'll talk his mom into baking something for him.

"It is good," he says. "It's been a long time since I had cookies."

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:10:51 PM
"Well, I'm so glad you enjoy them, Kwiet." Quay smiled as she poured some more milk.

Kwiet Ideya
Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:03:38 PM
"Your baby will like 'em, too," he points out. "Is it a guy baby or a girl baby?"