PDA

View Full Version : Getting to know my Master (Wei)

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 18th, 2004, 04:44:21 AM
Quay'Na gladly followed her Master to the B&G after their conversation in the Grounds garden. Now, that she'd shared some of her history, it was time she found out somethings of him.

Afterall, she barely knew him and this would be good dinner conversation.

Quay handed over her two lightsabre's that she seemingly still held onto in hip pockets of her pants. Her stomach had expanded far too much for her belt. "It'll be nice to fit into normal clothes again soon." She commented as the two of them headed for a table.

The thoughts that plagued her mind from earlier had finally lessened after talking with Master Wei.

Once seated a server droid rolled over and asked for drink orders. "I'll have a milk, please."

It turned to Wei.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 19th, 2004, 12:03:34 PM
Wei, being a Jedi Knight, was allowed to keep his weapons, and merely nodded courteously to the guards at the door.

"I'm sure it will be," he said as she made her comment on clothes.

As they sat down a droid came and took Quay's order, and then it turned to him. "Chicken lo mein and an orange juice, please."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 19th, 2004, 08:19:24 PM
As the server droid began to pull away, Quay'Na stopped it. "Hold it, I decided I'd also like a plate of shrimp scampi, a corn on the cob and a slice of your double chocolate dream cake with extra syrup...and some chocolate chips on top."

She looked back at her master and smiled shyly. "I'm a chocolate maniac ever since I got pregnant and could hold it down."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 20th, 2004, 08:26:37 AM
Wei nodded. He had heard about pregnant women having "cravings" but he had never thought it was quite as serious as the scene he had just witnessed.

"I'm rather fond of chocolate myself, but shouldn't you be more careful about your diet? I mean, you are responsible for two people now..."

Wei knew little about what should or should not be eaten during pregnancy, but he could at least gather that whatever food a mother ate should have plenty of nutrition in it.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 20th, 2004, 08:22:08 PM
"Trust me, Master. This child has changed me so much, he's gotten me to eat meat. Something I never imagined I'd do. But, the chocolate cravings are bad, I must agree."

She sighed lightly. "I just can't help it, I've just got to have it or I'll go nuts."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 21st, 2004, 07:16:40 AM
Wei nodded. "I see."

Actually, he didn't understand at all, but he wasn't going to press the issue. About that time the droid returned with the milk and the orange juice and set them down on the table and hurried off to get the meals the two Jedi ordered.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2004, 11:44:59 AM
Quay took a sip of milk and sat the glass down. After wiping her mouth with a napkin, she looked at her master.

"Well, Master, it seems you know a lot about me. Is it alright, if I learn a litttle about you now?" Quay was very interested in what her Master did.

"Such as hobbies, what do you do in your spare time. Besides, watch over your Padawans."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 21st, 2004, 09:08:12 PM
Wei chuckled. "Yes, it would seem things have been rather one sided, doesn't it?"

He hadn't meant to keep his life a secret from Quay. Wei just never thought to talk much about himself. But why not? After all, Wei and his master, Navaria, were on friendly terms.

"Well, I practice my grandfather's martial arts style when I can..."he trailed off. What else? "I read when I have time. Before I was Knighted I spent a great deal of time with friends of mine. Now they're dispersed all over the place. Zeke, one of my best friends, has been missing for a long time now. He almost literally disappeared."

Truth be told, Wei's life was boring. It seemed all he ever did involved some sort of duty or obligation. "I've been mostly business since my friends left."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2004, 10:06:46 PM
"I've had friends like that, that leave for obligations and rarely see them anymore, in fact my younger sister is kinda been that way. She's expecting too and I've not seen her for at least five months."

She took another sip of her milk. "Perhaps, you can teach me some of the martial art moves you're talking about. When I'm not pregnant I'm very limber and I love to work out on balance beams or in the trees."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 22nd, 2004, 04:24:02 PM
Wei nodded. "We'll see. I don't usually teach people hand to hand combat. I can teach you some basic, general things. But I've made a promise to my grandfather to only teach his martial art to my biological son. My martial art is my family's inheritance, you see."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 22nd, 2004, 07:14:38 PM
"Understandable." She nodded, as something else perked her attention.

"You have a son? I didn't realize that, Master."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 22nd, 2004, 09:23:14 PM
"No, I don't. My wife died before we could have children."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 23rd, 2004, 04:28:45 AM
"Ooh," her voice toned down a bit. "I'm so sorry, that's terrible."

Quay knew all about death after losing her first Master, her mom and a boyfriend, if you could call him that.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 23rd, 2004, 07:04:57 AM
Wei shrugged. "Like all wounds, it heals with time. Usually I'm so busy I don't have time to think about it."

The food came at last. Wei absorbed the smell of his food as he retrieved his chopsticks from his shirt sleeve.

"Well, let's eat."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 24th, 2004, 09:06:26 PM
Eating sounded like an excellent idea and if she'd been alone the gooey, chocolate cake would've been the first thing to go.

But, being in the company of her new Master, she thought it to be better to begin in a more healthy way and began on her shrimp.

The food was excellent as always.

Quay was really beginning to enjoy the taste of meat. After taking a few bites, she continued with her array of 'getting to know you' questions.

"So, Master are you from Coruscant?"

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 26th, 2004, 09:37:39 PM
Wei shook his head. "No, I am not. My father is a travelling merchant, and almost never comes to Coruscant. In fact, his first trip to Coruscant happened when he came to visit me during my Padawan years."

Wei slurped up some noodles. "I believe my parents come from Yavin, but I don't remember exactly. We've never much paid attention to where we come from, only who we come from."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 27th, 2004, 04:34:27 AM
"Well, that's pretty interesting, Master." Quay'Na concluded. "I originally come from Corellia, but after I left to join the Jedi about seven years ago, my dad moved to our summer home on Naboo. He didn't care too much for the Sith ruler and was very glad to get out of there. I was planning on staying here perhaps and returning to work at Wildside Animal Refuge, it's about an hour away. Have you ever heard of the place?"

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 27th, 2004, 10:33:39 AM
"No, I have not."

Wei sipped his orange juice. "What sort of work goes on there?" he asked as he began to scoop up more noodles with his chopsticks.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:34:30 PM
"Well, it's an establishment that cares for injured and abandoned animals and ones that are on the verge of extinction. It's a really cool place and the zoologists there are two of the best. They already told me that I could have a full-time job there or open another establishment somewhere else."

It was something Quay had thought seriously about before she got pregnant. "Maybe Naboo could use a place like that."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 28th, 2004, 01:31:07 PM
Wei shrugged. "Maybe. I wouldn't know. I've never been to Naboo."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 28th, 2004, 08:35:23 PM
"Naboo is a wonderful place, it's so full of life." Quay'Na answered with a nod and took a bite of corn. It was excellent as well.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 28th, 2004, 08:48:14 PM
Wei nodded. "I spent most of my childhood in underdeveloped places. I've met quite a few indigenous peoples, and seen some very obscure planets. My father deals in rare art and hand spun goods."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 29th, 2004, 05:10:51 PM
"Sounds like a very interesting life nonetheless, Master." Quay commented. "I was born into money, but when I went with Master Ira, she showed me so much beyond that. I mean, don't get me wrong, I spent most of my time in a woods behind my parents manor and I think that was when my mother started becoming jealous of me."

Quay remembered spending countless hours in that woods. "My dad knew I had something special and he spent a lot of time out there with me...before his stroke. Everything changed after that."

Those times had been so long ago, the fights and demands Quay had gone through from the time her father's stroke until the day she left with Master Ira, were nothing but nightmares.

This is your fault, Quay'Na! If he hadn't been out in that woods with you, the medics could've gotten to him quicker, now he may die!" Those were her mother's very words as she slapped Quay's face in anger...

Quay shook the thought from her mind. "That was a lifetime ago. I think, I was only about elevan."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 30th, 2004, 12:40:53 PM
Wei nodded. "I see," he said solemnly. "I am sorry to hear about your father's stroke. But at least he is still alive."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 30th, 2004, 08:22:10 PM
"Yes, I'm very glad of that. I don't know what I'd do without him." She smiled and then took another bite of shrimp.

"We're so much closer now and he's got a fiancee and she's so good to him." She sighed slightly. "One day I hope to find that, but for now I want to love my son and love my life."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 1st, 2004, 02:36:23 PM
Wei nodded. "Yes, those are good things to do. Just let this whole husband business just sort of resolve itself. My grandpa used to tell me to always just live, and not try too hard. If you just did what came naturally, you would soon find that things work out all on their own."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:32:11 AM
"I really thought Anthony and I would marry and live happily ever after, but when I told him I was pregnant...he let me down. He was so angry, because he felt so guilty that it happened and then he wanted me to abort it, but I couldn't do that. Not knowing that this may be the only chance I had at ever having a child."

Quay'Na shook her head. "One thing led to another and he left me. He told me he was sorry, but he just couldn't handle knowing how this child was concieved. I coudn't blame him, even though it hurt really bad."

Quay'Na smiled as she felt a kick. "But, I'm alright with it now and I hope Anthony finds his happiness someday. For I know my happiness will arrive when I hold this child for the first time, when I can count all his fingers and toes and know that he's mine."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:18:20 AM
"Anthony?" Wei asked.

Did she mean this Brent fellow? Some people did go by more than one name.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:58:57 PM
"Anthony Scott was the man that I loved. He was the one I left the Order for, it was all before I found out that I was pregnant from the rape. I hadn't told anyone of it except my twin sister Yasmin on the night that it happened. She knew something was terribly wrong and I was so ashamed that I couldn't bear to tell Anthony."

Quay took a sip of her milk. "Secrets are always revealed in the most terrible ways. My father always told me not to keep a secret from someone because it would haunt you ten times as worse and in this case...it was true. When I finally told him, I truly lost him. He didn't understand that I didn't tell him because I didn't want him to face the pain that I did."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 3rd, 2004, 06:56:42 AM
"Ok. So you love Anthony, but Brent raped you?"

Wei didn't quite get it.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 3rd, 2004, 08:09:51 PM
"Yes, Master. I only knew Brent an hour at the most. We ended up sitting beside one another at the B&G. He wanted me to go out with him and I declined, but that didn't stop him..."

She sighed deeply. "Anthony has a shipping business and he was away that particular weekend or he would've been with me. Brent suddenly caught my attention about some strange being that walked in and got me to look at him long enough to put the drugs in my drink..."

Even now, it felt so fresh in her mind as she took a deep breath and looked up to the ceiling to avoid eye contact with her master. She didn't want him to see the tears she was trying to blink back.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 3rd, 2004, 08:48:19 PM
"I see. I'm sorry to hear all that."

If her rape was bad enough, her abandonment must have been worse. Wei felt sorry for Quay.

"Let's not talk about this anymore. Eat up before your food gets cold."

Wei had also quite forgotten his food. Half of it was left uneaten and it was growing cold fast. He returned his attention to his food and made short work of what was left.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:59:41 PM
Quay nodded and quietly began to eat again, thoughts of Anthony still lingered in the back of her mind. It had been six months since they had parted and the Padawan truly doubted that she'd ever see him again.

That is what had hurt Quay the most, Anthony's abrupt departure.

The passing of time had brought on a somewhat of a fresh approach to her life along with the soon-to-be coming of her son.

That's all that mattered right now.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 4th, 2004, 09:54:48 PM
Wei finally finished off the last of his food and wiped his chopsticks on a napkin before returning them to his sleeve.

"So, what else do you want to know about me?"

Now that the meal was out of the way, he had all the time in the world to talk without distraction.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 5th, 2004, 04:10:07 AM
Quay had been working on her cake, finally. Enjoying every morsel of it as her master finished.

She washed it down with her milk and pushed the empty plate aside.

"Hmmm," She thought for a moment. "What's your strongest Force ability and are your parents Force users?"

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:56:50 AM
Wei gave her questions some thought before he answered. "My parents are not Force users. It's kind of odd that I would have the gift. And as for my strongest Force ability, I would say that it would be Force Boosting."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 5th, 2004, 03:41:53 PM
"That's very interesting, Master. I've never Force-boosted anything. Your parents must be very proud." She told him with a smile. Her mind was off everything else and was completely centered on what her master had to say.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 5th, 2004, 09:47:27 PM
Wei shrugged. "They are proud for my character more than my accomplishments. But no worries. Once you have had your baby and had ample time to recover, you'll be learning to do most everything. I'll teach you to boost up your strength, speed, agility, even your hearing and eyesight."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 6th, 2004, 04:01:43 AM
"Really?" A look of fascination came about her features. "Is it hard to do?"

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 6th, 2004, 08:59:43 AM
Wei smiled. "No not really. But then, I've been doing it for a while. Most things will be difficult for us to learn at first, but later on when we've practiced them they become like second nature."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 6th, 2004, 07:46:32 PM
"Well, I can't wait to be able to begin these new lessons. Since my pregnancy, I've not done much of anything. So, it will be a very nice change, Master."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 7th, 2004, 12:24:07 PM
Wei smiled. "Keep up your enthusiasm. Nothing makes work go by faster or easier than an eager mind and a willing heart."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 7th, 2004, 06:11:36 PM
"Well, I'll definitely have that, Master Wei. It's good to be back here, while in the presence of a new Master and soon becoming a mother. Before I was re-accepted I wondered where my life would go, if I didn't get back into the GJO. But, Shade Magus told me that things would find a way of working out, whether or not I got back in and so they did."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 10th, 2004, 03:17:34 PM
Wei nodded. "My grandfather used to say that if you just kept calm and rolled with the punches, then everything would always turn out just fine."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 11th, 2004, 04:01:25 AM
"Well, I've found that it's a pretty good rule to go by, Master."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 11th, 2004, 08:31:33 AM
He nodded. "Yes."

Though he wholeheartedly agreed, Wei was not quite paying attention anymore. Something seemed to have distracted him, and his mind was entirely somewhere else.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 11th, 2004, 07:19:31 PM
Quay could tell her Master was somewhere else and wondered just what he was thinking. She knew he had a busy life with other Padawans and the Council and all.

"Umm, Master? We can continue this at another time, if you want too." She offered.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 12th, 2004, 09:56:17 AM
"Huh?" Wei blinked and shook his head. "Oh, sorry Quay'Na. No, we can keep talking. I wasn't thinking about business, only remembering things."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 13th, 2004, 08:02:18 PM
"I have times like that myself. Somethings I don't like to remember, but I think we all have those instances." She sipped her milk again as she felt another pop from her son.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 14th, 2004, 11:11:49 AM
Wei shrugged. "It's not bad memories. Just thoughts of days long passed. It's reflective."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 14th, 2004, 08:47:42 PM
"I don't like to reflect, there's too many bad memories in this head of mine. I'd rather deflect them."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 15th, 2004, 09:01:02 AM
"I can understand that," he replied, sitting up straighter in his seat. "But bear this in mind, Quay'Na, that we learn and grow from our sufferings."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 17th, 2004, 08:45:38 PM
"Well, I can't argue with that, Master." She put a hand on her belly. "I'm definitely growing."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 17th, 2004, 10:06:24 PM
Wei chuckled at her pun, wondering if she knew she had made the funny in the first place.

"Yes, I say you most certainly are."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 19th, 2004, 04:48:47 AM
"I suppose I could say that in more than one way." She smiled. "Though, I'm ready to become a mom, now. It's something that I thought I'd never be able to do and here I am going to have a child soon."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 19th, 2004, 01:32:31 PM
"Do you have everything you're going to need for the baby's arrival?" Wei asked her.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 20th, 2004, 05:12:38 AM
"I believe so, my father came over and painted the room. I ordered the furniture and my other dad came and put it together and my sister helped get the diapers and all that kind of stuff. My aunt and uncle are coming here after he's born to help with anything I may have forgotten. So, now my quarters are fit for a baby."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 20th, 2004, 09:20:47 AM
Wei nodded. "Good job. It would appear that things are going well for you. So, what would you be interested in learning first when the baby arrives and you've had time to recover?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 20th, 2004, 04:28:13 PM
Quay thought about it for a moment and then answered. "The Force boosting thing. I think, that sounds very interesting and very helpful, Master."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 20th, 2004, 09:20:05 PM
Wei nodded. "Ok, then. We'll start with that."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:39:16 AM
"Awesome. I do have another question. How many Padawans do you have and will I get to meet them all?"

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:23:59 PM
Wei chuckled. "I have..." he paused to count on his fingers. Kyle was the first, then Neyasha, then Telexia and Hina, then Quay'Na.

"I have five, including you. No doubt you will get to meet them in their own time. Kyle's formal training is finished, and I've taken him on a mission for some application. Neyasha likewise has finished her formal training, and she has done quite a bit with her training. She brought down a Darksider all by herself. Telexia has but one more lesson to learn, then she can go out on her own, and Hina's training is barely begun. I just can't seem to get a hold of her."

Wei shrugged. "She'll come around sooner or later, and if she never comes back then I guess there's no point in worrying about her. People come and go. It's a part of life. And then there's you."

Wei leaned forward. "I teach you all the way my master taught me. I give basic training in Combat, Control, Altering, and Sensing. Or to be more concrete, Lightsaber combat, Force Boosting, Telekinesis, and learning to percieve using the Force. Like telepathy. Then, once your training is complete you may study more on your own or go out into the world and apply your training. Of course, I'll still be around if you need to talk to me, but it helps for you to do things on your own."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:15:27 AM
"Sounds great, Master. I can't wait to get started and I can't wait to meet your other padawans. " Quay sat back and thought about how her life had changed since her return. Everything was turning out better than she had ever expected it too.

"I'm going to work really hard for you, Master." She finally said. "The Jedi have given me a second chance and I don't want to mess it up."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:17:59 PM
"I appreciate your dedication to the Jedi cause. Don't worry about messing up. If all you do is focus on not messing up, life won't be nearly as enjoyable."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:29:23 PM
"That's always been a problem with me, I've just always seem to need that acceptance for some reason. Probably paranoia from my mother." Bad habits were hard to break, especially this one.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 23rd, 2004, 08:19:21 AM
Wei shrugged. "Well, I'm sure there won't be any problem with your being accepted here. Trust me, when you start making more friends, I'm sure that you'll start to see that fear go away."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 23rd, 2004, 04:44:35 PM
"I hope so, but soon I'll be too busy to worry about that with Aramis on the way." She caught the attention of a droid and ordered a chocolate shake.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 24th, 2004, 07:00:35 AM
"That too," he said.

Chocolate shake too? Well, she wasn't being much healthier with this new choice, but at least there was milk in it.

He chuckled. "Don't eat too much. It wouldn't be good for you to get a stomach ache."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 25th, 2004, 04:46:01 AM
Quay'Na laughed lightly. "I won't, Master." It was nice to have someone finally care about what was going on with her.

Though, one question still persisted within her. Something she did not want to reflect on, but was there anyway.

"Master..." She began and then paused. "If something were to happen to me, what would become of my child?"

It was a question she truly needed to know.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 29th, 2004, 12:51:32 PM
Wei shrugged. "Well, Aramis would fall into the care of your parents, or if your parents were unable to care for the child, he would become the responsibility of your sister or another family member. And if none of your family would take him in, you would need to find a friend who would agree to raise the child, or he would go to an orphanage."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 29th, 2004, 03:24:27 PM
"But, indefinitely the choice would be mine as long as I made it now..." She didn't say anything for a few moments.

"I can't take the chance of having Aramis taken away from either of my fathers, with Brent still here on Coruscant. My twin...well, she can barely take care of herself, let alone a baby and Cheyanne is about to have her own child... But, my other sister...Natia, young but wise beyond her years. I would trust him to her, if she would take him away and hide him." Quay'Na felt she had to make these plans, it was like the Force had been warning her all these months.

Maybe she wasn't going to die, but something out of the ordinary was going to take her down...and she had no idea what that was or how prolonged it would be.

"Well, that settles it, if Natia will do the duty, which I'm sure she will. I entrust my child to her."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 30th, 2004, 01:01:36 AM
Wei nodded. "It's good to have a plan. But what about a back up? You know, in case Natia turns you down?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 30th, 2004, 06:00:48 AM
"Then I will have to ask Mylia Basque to take him on. She and her fiancee have moved to a new place called AraMir in the Mid Rim. Her fiancee Ridge Kincaid has purchased the planet and is Senator there, I guess they are really doing well there. Perhaps, I should take this to them, first. I think, they'd make ideal parents for my son."

This all seemed so strange to be talking about, but Quay couldn't shake the feeling.

She sighed. "Part of me, feels like I'm signing away my life, Master. But, this feels so darned important, like the Force knows something is going to happen and I'm going to be the last to know."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 31st, 2004, 08:07:52 AM
"Go with your instincts. Hope for the best, plan for the worst. No worries, we'll see what we can do to put these fears to rest. With any luck, this will just be another odd feeling."

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 1st, 2004, 04:51:22 AM
"I hope so, because I certainly don't care for it too much." she said as she recieved her shake and took a sip.

"Life is too short to have to worry about things like this, Master."

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 1st, 2004, 09:17:15 AM
"Indeed. But we must make plans for the future."

Wei sat with his hands folded on the table. All this about Quay'Na's baby was bad business. He just wanted the whole thing to be let go. He just wanted the baby to be born and then let it grow up. But it seemed that something was keeping that from happening.

Whether it was the Force offering a warning, or Quay being fearful, Wei didn't know. All he knew was that the fear and tension needed to stop.

"Isn't your baby due soon?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 1st, 2004, 07:43:38 PM
"Yes, Master. Three weeks and I'll be a mom. I can't wait until I can hold my child in my arms and look down upon his sweet face and know that he's part of me..." Quay's hand released the shake.

It happen before she even knew it, everything around her disappeared and she was standing in some kind of medical ward, many people were awaiting to be seen. Some had little children crying, others were just holding one another. It was almost as if she were a ghost walking around, but in all this there was no sound.

Suddenly, out of nowhere a team of EMT's had an air gurney, bringing it towards her and rushed by. Quay had barely gotten a glance at the person on it...it was her!

A moment later, she was in the emergency room with a team of doctors as she watched them carefully lift her unconscious form onto a medical table. Scanners were drawns as the doctors scurried around quickly adding IV's and an other things Quay had no idea what they were.

Another moment passed and she saw the birth of her child, Quay's body it came from was still unconscious.

Another flash, Quay saw her body in a strange medical room, hooked up to all kinds of tubes and wires going every which way. The Padawan saw her dad, Cordell crying over her unconscious form as her adoptive father entered with his repulsor chair beside Dr. Hayden Radnor.

Jerib signed a datapad that a nurse provided him and Hayden walked over to the machines and slowly began turning them off.

"No!" Quay'Na cried out as she saw the last part...

Her funeral...

As quickly as it came, it was gone...leaving Quay'Na breathless as tears fell down her cheeks.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 1st, 2004, 08:20:51 PM
Wei was startled at her outburst and all the tears. "Whoa. Quay, what happened?"

The teacher was at his student's side in a flash and began wiping her tears with a napkin.

"What's wrong? What happened?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 2nd, 2004, 05:08:08 AM
Quay sat there shaking as she remembered every little detail of what she just saw.

"I saw my future, Master...I'm going to die." Quay was numb inside.

"I'll never hold my child." Three weeks and her life was over, if this vision she had just experienced was true.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:12:22 PM
Wei started. "Well, I certainly hope not."

He didn't like seeing his Padawan in such a state. "Don't you worry, ok? I'm going to keep an eye on you and your room during the final week, ok?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:43:27 AM
Quay nodded as another tear fell. All this time of carrying a child she thought she could never have to have her life stripped away days after his birth. It seemed so unfair!

This isn't going to happen! This isn't going to happen! She told herself time and time again.

"I want to go home, Master. Can we head back?" Quay asked softly.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 3rd, 2004, 10:03:37 AM
Wei nodded. "We most certainly can."

He paid for both their meals, and left a note telling them to keep the change as a tip. Then he helped his Padawan out of the booth and guided her through the busy restaraunt to the exit.

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:17:43 PM
Quay couldn't get the visions of what she'd seen out of her mind, it was haunting.

She wasn't even paying attention and nearly walked out in front of a speeder had her Master not pulled her back.

It startled her. "I'm sorry, Master. I'll try and pay more attention." The Padawan apologized.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 4th, 2004, 01:19:01 PM
Wei sighed. "It's all right. Just stay close to me, ok?"

He took hold of her arm, and as they started the walk back to the Living Quarters, Wei began to wonder what was going to happen. He turned a corner, and turned Quay'Na gently to face the right direction.

Silence reigned as the two continued down the busy streets.

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 4th, 2004, 08:49:07 PM
Kick.

A tear fell.

Kick.

Another tear.

By the time the two made it to the front steps of the temple, Quay's emotions had struck her again and she was crying softly and doing her darndest not to show it.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 6th, 2004, 01:07:55 AM
Wei sighed, and rested his Padawan's head on his shoulder.

"It's ok for Jedi to cry," he whispered. "So you go ahead and cry. Let it all out and get it behind you. We'll stand right here until you're finished."

Other Jedi were coming in and out of the temple. A few Jedi understood and began to redirect traffic to one of the Temple's other entrances.

Wei nodded his thanks, and returned his attention to Quay'Na.

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 7th, 2004, 07:58:47 PM
Quay was hurting badly and didn't know how long they stood there, but when the tears finally quit she felt exhausted.

"I'm sorry, Master. This must seem so foolish." She beckoned away and wiped away the fresh tears. "I feel so stupid, get ahold of yer'self, young lady." She said as she shook her head.

"That's what Ira would've said, she was..." Quay'Na trailed off for a moment.

"I don't want to die!" She cried. "Master, I'm not ready to die!"

The Padawan had only been this scared once, when she thought her mother was going to kill her.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 8th, 2004, 10:09:48 AM
Wei held on tightly to the girl as she fought with her feelings.

"It's not foolish to mourn death. It's not stupid to fear dying. Nobody wants to die."

He patted Quay'Na's back a little. "I don't want you to die either," he said quietly.

Once again the Jedi Knight found himself unable to comfort someone in distress. Wei was not fond of this. "It's ok. Everything will be ok."

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:18:55 PM
You must be strong, Quay'Na. Your son is depending on you.

The last teardrop fell as Quay heard the gentle words of Master Ira in her mind.

The Padawan stood there silently for a moment. I must not fear.

Quay'Na closed her eyes and took herself into a meditative state, to find her peace and calm center. She focused on this, deeply..so deeply.

Quay breathed in deeply and exhaled softly, with every exhale she imgained that all her fear was leaving her body, she needed to be renewed.

When she opened her eyes again, she looked upon the city's horizon and squinted, no tears fell this time. "There's not much time, Master." Quay'Na spoke in a voice of strength and determination, exactly the opposite of what had befallen her a few moments back.

"If my life is taken, then so be it. I will follow the Force and it will lead me. But, right now...I need to get to AraMir. Master, I have to get to AraMir to talk to Mylia. Will you come with me?" Quay'Na's eyes drew in strength she never knew she had.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 10th, 2004, 10:22:49 AM
Wei paused a moment. "Sure thing. Let's go."