PDA

View Full Version : Blood Hunger

Jason Dreggs
Sep 17th, 2004, 06:11:54 PM
It smelled terrific in this place of huddling masses. The mixture of booze and blood made it intoxicating. Jason made his way through the crowd as if he where gliding through open air. Stopped at the bar and looked at the bartender with a steely gaze.

"Give me some of curscant's finest wine."

The Bartender handed him the drink and Jason took a slow sip of the bitter sweat drink. He looked for a mark or someone in the crowd that looked aloof or out of place.

Jiro Lawson
Sep 18th, 2004, 09:15:18 PM
Jiro was proud of himself. He had taken exactly two hundred credits that day. The most he'd made all week.

He went into the bar and looked around. No one looked like anyone he'd stolen from recently, and he deemed it safe to enter. Slipping towards the bar, he became wary of the man sitting a few chairs down from him. He did not look insane, but he did not look particularly friendly either.

Ordering a whiskey, he kept one eye on the man down the bar, and the other on everyone else.

Jason Dreggs
Sep 19th, 2004, 12:39:32 AM
He spotted his mark almost immediately a man that was eyeing him from down the bar. The man seemed suspicious of Jason, which brought a playful smirk to his face. It was time to play a little game and test this young mans fate.

He strode towards the man and then passed by him with out a glance at him. He took five steps past the man then turned and slid into the empty seat beside Jiro.

"Hello sir you seemed to have dropped this." Jason dropped two hundred chips in front of Jiro. "Better be careful there’s thieves about and most people aren't as honest as me."

Jiro Lawson
Sep 19th, 2004, 02:19:59 PM
Jiro's eyes followed the man as he walked behind him. The man then turned slowly, yet quickly, and slid into the seat next to him, like water. Jiro had barely any time to react before a few chips were dropped in front of him.

Hello sir, you seemed to have dropped this. Better be careful, there's thieves about and most people aren't as honest as me.

Jiro highly doubted it. He would lay odds that half the people in this room were more honest than the man who had just thrown down the money. Jiro could smell a trap a hundred miles away.

Without glancing too long at the man, he slid the chips back into his direction.

"Sorry, man, but you got the wrong guy," Jiro said, patting his pocket to indicate that his money was still there. "I got it all here."

Jason Dreggs
Sep 20th, 2004, 12:16:05 AM
Jason laughed at the man; he could tell he was a bit suspicious of him. It also made him laugh that he was even a better thief now then he was before his change. I mean he had the people he stole from handing their money back to him now.

"You might be surprised when you get how and find out that what’s in your pocket isn't what you expected. There is an old thieves trick called the brush or the bump and run depending on how good you’re at it."

Jason shoved the credits back in front of the man and before the man could react Jason sitting on the opposite side of him. Jason must have been pretty quick and silent to move that fast with out the man hearing him.

"I'm exceptional at it myself I'm even good enough to take the credits out of a mans pocket and replace it with stones of the same size and approximate shape."

Jason’s hand was out in front of Jiro's face before he could even notice it moving towards him. Jason then opened his hand and inside lying on his palm were several rocks the size of credit chips.

"There worthless unlike those credit chips I lifted from your pocket. You didn't even notice me give you the brush because I'm so quick. I could teach you how to do it if you interested?" Jason gave a wicked smile with his last sentence.

Linn O'Conner
Sep 22nd, 2004, 01:21:41 PM
EDIT

Wrong thread

Jiro Lawson
Sep 26th, 2004, 09:55:18 AM
Jiro's eyes watched the man for a moment before flicking to the stone he was holding under Jiro's nose. Yes, in fact, he had heard of the bumb and run. Particularly famous among the vetrans of the business. Jiro himself had tried it a few times, but had stopped some years ago. He nodded a little, pushing the man's away some so he could sit forward.

"My brother was good at it. Much more so than I ever was," he said. Jiro tilted his head slightly at the man's gloating. "And you seem to be as good as you say," Jiro smiled plucking a stone from the man's hand rolling it around in his palm. His eyes travled to the other's face. "Teach me."

Jason Dreggs
Oct 1st, 2004, 05:45:44 AM
"Yes now the game can begin but first we need introduction. My name is Jason Dreggs and I'm a jack-of-all-trades. I guess you could say I work a group called the Cabal. Don't going looking for them they come looking for you and they aren’t ordinary thieves. They don't steal credits or anything truly worth a credit yet they steal the most priceless possession every person owns."

Jason smiled as he finished his introduction with a riddle. He hoped to get the young mans thoughts flowing. He would teach the kid only if he knew how to think. People these days where no more then mindless cattle flowing there heard over a cliff.

"Now what is your name? After Introductions are out of the way we will start off with a few question to test your readiness."

Jiro Lawson
Oct 10th, 2004, 12:58:09 PM
Jiro lifted an eyebrow. This guy was a real winner. A nice riddle, Jiro would admit, and he could guess three things they stole. Jason Dreggs, Jiro could tell, was a peice of work that had been years in the making.

"I'm Jiro Lawson."