PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 1.0 PR now out

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 14th, 2004, 06:45:48 AM
Upgraded without a flaw. Seems faster.

http://www.mozilla.org/firefox

Do yourself a favour and get it now. Especially if you still use IE. Although, with the years long campain by the geeks in this place to get everyone off the abdomation that IE is, I find it hard to believe anyone who has been here a while uses IE.

Darth Viscera
Sep 14th, 2004, 07:41:12 PM
boy is that fast

Figrin D'an
Sep 19th, 2004, 08:22:23 PM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
boy is that fast

*echoed times ten*

wow... talk about a fast browser. It leaves even the last version of Firefox in the dust.

Serena Laran
Sep 20th, 2004, 02:45:26 AM
I upgraded, although I'm not sure about the 'faster' bit. It certainly isn't slower, however. :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 20th, 2004, 01:54:51 PM
OH NO someone help me please!

I upgraded the program, and now my husband's bookmarks are ALL GONE.

We have separate sign-ins on the computer, and my bookmarks all carried over and his were deleted. I've rummaged through the Mozilla Firefox folder and I can't find even MY bookmarks that were actually imported. Please help!!!

Figrin D'an
Sep 20th, 2004, 02:07:51 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
OH NO someone help me please!

I upgraded the program, and now my husband's bookmarks are ALL GONE.

We have separate sign-ins on the computer, and my bookmarks all carried over and his were deleted. I've rummaged through the Mozilla Firefox folder and I can't find even MY bookmarks that were actually imported. Please help!!!

Try rumaging through the Documents and Settings folder on your C: drive. That's where Windows stores user preferences, and application data for multiple users. All Mozilla builds store user profiles in there, unless you specifcally tell it to put them someplace else.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 20th, 2004, 02:49:53 PM
>_< I can't find anything except some old IE favorites.

Crystal
Sep 20th, 2004, 03:36:14 PM
Do a search for "bookmarks"? I usually back mine up before I upgrade, but I can never remember what folder they're in.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 20th, 2004, 04:06:27 PM
Crystal - that worked. I managed to find the file that had his old bookmarks in a Phoenix folder and replaced the one in the updated firefox. Thanks! :D