PDA

View Full Version : Expansion of the Offensive

Jarek T'chort
Sep 14th, 2004, 04:20:16 AM
Currently - the Imperial plan of attack is to assualt the Bestine system and capture it - then hold off Republic reinforcements and retain the system, thus securing an important victory over the Republic and control of the Corellian Trade Spine. Phase one is already complete and we have entered phase two.

However - such an offensive would be greatly aided by expanding it's scope somewhat. A thrust towards Cerea and Riflor would not only give us the advanced technology of the Advozsec but also threaten the Republic's coreward borders even further.

I would also propose short, hard hitting raids against Devaron and Guiji. So, an attack squadron of a Destroyer, frigates and gunships quickly assaults these systems, bringing confusion and damaging the planets. The NR will obviously respond, but our forces leave as soon as the NR turn up, they are only meant to harry the NR.

edit/ Lion has agreed with this, we are currently working out ways to implement these ideas.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Tiberius Anar
Sep 14th, 2004, 11:32:59 AM
As long the you only go for NR systems or for neutrals approved by the Foreign Minister and Anar there are no problems.

Might I suggest that these feints, as it were, comence after the NR counteroffensive at Bestine so as to get the maximum benefit from them.

Jarek T'chort
Sep 14th, 2004, 11:47:14 AM
Well I am waiting on Lion for now, but the attacks against NPC planets can certainly wait until after Bestine. As it is we would be hard pressed to have enough time to do another fair-sized thread for now.

Jarek T'chort
Sep 19th, 2004, 09:00:18 AM
Update -

An attack against Cerea has been launched with a small task force.

Serena Laran
Sep 20th, 2004, 02:49:05 AM
:) Look I have an avatar and sig now! *models*

And I'm willing to help out if you need me.

Tear
Sep 20th, 2004, 12:28:36 PM
....Who are you?

Jarek T'chort
Sep 20th, 2004, 12:44:03 PM
Excellent. Serena - welcome back, we should discuss future operations, specifically the strikes against the NR, but also other, larger story arcs that are planned. Nice av and sig too!

Tear - Serena is a Fleet Admiral from back in the day. She had her own faction at one time before joining the Sov.

Tiberius Anar
Sep 20th, 2004, 12:51:26 PM
Oh you call that an intro, Jarek. My god let a proffessional handle this.

*ahem*

Madam, I am Tiberius Anar, Lord High Chancellor of the Imperial Sovereignty. If you will permit me...

Admiral, might I present Colonel Tear of Imperial Intelligence. His social skills may be on the same level as a neandertol but he is very useful to us so we excuse him for it.

Colonel Tear this is Fleet Admiral Serena Lann, late of the Imperial Navy and governor of Carida. She joins us courtesy of the intervention of the good Field Marshal.

I am sure you will join me in welcoming the Admiral into the fold once more.

*florid bow*

Jarek T'chort
Sep 20th, 2004, 01:13:50 PM
Applause is needed. A lot of it.

Good save, Chancellor.

Tiberius Anar
Sep 20th, 2004, 01:20:11 PM
Thank you! Thank you!

Serena Laran
Sep 20th, 2004, 02:53:49 PM
I thank you for that more than adequate introduction, Chancellor Anar. The pleasure is, of course, all mine.

I had an ISD at one point, the ISD Kelvin, but I'm not sure if such a ship exists in the Sovereignty, as I have not RPed directly with the Sov for some time.

Teleran Balades
Sep 20th, 2004, 05:08:42 PM
You spelled Neanderthal wrong.

Jarek T'chort
Sep 20th, 2004, 05:58:25 PM
Grand Raider Division
- Flagship – ISD-V Vehemence
Admiral of the Fleet Serena Laran
CO – Captain Aleraat
-Assault Frigate Scintilla (2nd – Medium))
CO – Captain Artsin
-VSD Indoctrinator (3rd - Heavy)
-CRG Brash (1st – Light)

That's your taskforce, according to Telan.

Would you want to do a re-introduction, character based thread, or jump right into the fighting?

Telan Desaria
Sep 20th, 2004, 06:09:30 PM
Welcome back Fleet Admiral Laran. The Kelvin is at your disposal. I upgraded your flagship to the ISD V as it is the most potent warship in the Empire save only for the Initmidator - SSD - and the Centurion-class Destroyers.

Tiberius Anar
Sep 21st, 2004, 03:46:21 AM
*glowers at Teleran*

So I did, well done on spotting that. I hereby appoint you to the post of Imperial High Spell Checker Poodoo, a post recently vacated by the Grand Admiral.

Serena Laran
Sep 21st, 2004, 12:56:53 PM
Originally posted by Telan Desaria
Welcome back Fleet Admiral Laran. The Kelvin is at your disposal. I upgraded your flagship to the ISD V as it is the most potent warship in the Empire save only for the Initmidator - SSD - and the Centurion-class Destroyers.

Well, an upgraded flagship is fine. :D *paints 'Kelvin' on the side of it* ;) No, the listed fleet is fine by me.

Originally posted by Jarek T'chort
Would you want to do a re-introduction, character based thread, or jump right into the fighting? Jumping right into the fighting is fine by me. Telan was given permission to NPC my character, so pretending she's been gone a long time would be pointless. OH, except for the Ship's Fall thread. I guess she has been gone a while - about six months AWOL, actually.

Rping her return from that planet would be best, actually. And then straight into fighting.

Travis North
Sep 21st, 2004, 01:10:49 PM
Everyone has new Avatars but me and the Admiral. And I have no doubt that he is creating one.

Oh and welcome back, I guess.

Flight Colonel Travis North Defender Jockey and Commander of the 2nd Wing of The Imperial Guard and the Elite Shade Squadron. Oh and don't listen to what anyone says about me, it's highly underexagerated.

Jarek T'chort
Sep 21st, 2004, 01:34:54 PM
Excellent. The NR appears to be asleep at the moment however, no doubt that'll change soon.

The avatars are looking good, but I dunno, your av suits your character Travis.

Tiberius Anar
Sep 21st, 2004, 02:34:43 PM
The NR is asleep because the Senate is waiting for someone to post. Hopefuly that will happen in very shortly. They are waiting for the Senate thread to end so that they can proceed with the attack.

Jarek- my comliments on the Subjegation of Cerea. It is extremely well written.

Teleran Balades
Sep 21st, 2004, 02:41:07 PM
Oh, welcome..er back or what ever.

Commodore Teleran Balades, Commanding Officer of the4th Response Squadron at your service and newly instated Imperial High Spell Checker Poodoo.

Jarek T'chort
Sep 21st, 2004, 03:04:22 PM
Thank you, Chancellor. Much appreciated.

Travis North
Sep 21st, 2004, 03:08:04 PM
:P The Senate is waiting for me.

I'll just post and say urgent business has come up. But I dont know what could be more urgent then a War meeting. Hmm. I 'l just post normal then.

Tear
Sep 21st, 2004, 04:24:42 PM
What are these..."social skills" you speak of Anar?

Good to have you back Serena

Serena Laran
Sep 21st, 2004, 07:56:41 PM
Thanks, I'll do my best to help out when I can. Sorry to hijack this thread, but I posted in this one because Jarek had PMed me about helping out in this extra offensive attack. :)

Jarek T'chort
Sep 22nd, 2004, 06:57:33 AM
That's right, once the Return from Serna Pur thread is complete, I'd like you to help out by attacking in the hit-and-fade strikes I had planned. Devaron and Guiji are still the targets for now. Using your taskforce, jump into the system, blow the hell out of the surroundings, but get out before the NR can call down any substantial defenses on you. In doing so, their forces and supply lines will be stretched far thinner.

You may have to NPC the opposition for the moment - I'm not sure that the NR has anyone who isn't tied up with Bestine.

Serena Laran
Oct 5th, 2004, 08:30:05 PM
apologies for my long absence from this forum, when should I start these?

edit: I need a new ct ;)