PDA

View Full Version : In with the Crowd (Jacen)

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 10th, 2004, 10:00:48 PM
Elevan-year-old Ry-Obi Kincaid was only a block from where he lived with his family and the Lost Jedi.

He had called his friend, Jacen who trained with the Jedi Order to meet him a block from Dexter's Diner. He sent the older boy an online map.

But, today, he was going to have some fun, a group of his friends from a nearby school told him about the new fad going around.

Scarring. It was done in middle-Coruscant at some of the teen clubs, in back rooms of these teen clubs.

Basically, instead of being tattooed, which one had to be eighteen to be able to do, it was done under the knife. Deep cuts were performed and designed on nearly any place on the body, once the cut healed it left the mark as a scar.

Ry-Obi, being artistic had already drawn a design for the cutter, but he wanted Jacen there too, maybe he'd get one done as well. He'd even offer to design it.

Ry-Obi couldn't wait for his friend to get there, he was ready to have the cut done and be in with the crowd.

Jacen
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:29:07 PM
Jacen had recieved the message from Ry-Obi and had gone to meet his friend. At first he had gotten a little lost because he wasn't used to the upper levels, but soon he found his way to the Diner Ry-Obi had told him to meet him at. He walked up waving to his young friend.

"Hi Ry-Obi!"

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 11th, 2004, 07:50:12 PM
Ry-Obi smiled as he met with his friend. "Hey, buddy. I hope, you didn't have any trouble finding the place. I'm glad you could make it."

Jacen
Sep 11th, 2004, 08:19:26 PM
"Not much, I just took a wrong turn once, but I got back on track. So what's up?" He said, looking around at the buildings.

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 11th, 2004, 08:23:48 PM
"I have some friends I want you to meet and don't worry, they are all older than I am. We've got to go to middle Coruscant to a teen club called The Groove. I'm going to have something done down there and it's kinda secret. Are ya with me?"

Jacen
Sep 11th, 2004, 08:27:13 PM
"Umm...sure I guess, clubs are always fun and secrets are too, but what kind of secret is it?"

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 11th, 2004, 08:30:47 PM
As the two began walking, Ry-Obi asked. "Have you ever heard of the term scarring?"

Jacen
Sep 11th, 2004, 08:35:11 PM
"yeah, that's where they cut you with a design and when it heals all that is left is a scar. It is supposed to be for teens like us that can't get tatoos."Jacen grinned at that. "Well that aren't supposed to get them."

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 11th, 2004, 08:43:39 PM
"Well, they have some secret rooms in the Groove that you can get this done at. I'm going under the knife today, I even have my own design." Ry-Obi pulled out a piece of sketch paper and gave it to Jacen. The design was pretty good size. It was a circle made to look like barbed wire and a strange design in the middle.

"This is a Falycin sign meaning 'Lost'. It's going on my stomach and by the time my dad see's it, it'll be healed and no harm done. If you're interested, I can make you a design."

Jacen
Sep 11th, 2004, 08:52:12 PM
"Ry-Obi don't you think that is a bit dangerous? I mean I know I'm young and everything and I still have a tatoo, but that was done by professionals. What if these guys places aren't clean?"

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 11th, 2004, 08:57:52 PM
"Oh, Jacen...of course it's clean. I mean, why wouldn't it be? They get good credit for doing it, it's just all done under the table so to say. Besides, no one's ever died from it. Come on, it'll be cool. It's the in thing now."

Ry-Obi led him to a nearby lift and pressed the buttons. "The Groove wouldn't let some scum just come in. They know what they're doing."

Jacen
Sep 11th, 2004, 09:03:30 PM
Jacen was stil unsure himself, but Ry-Obi couldn't be wrong about all of that. They wouldn't just let anyone come in and carve up their customers, would they?

"Well...if you say so, but I think I'll stick with my one tattoo for now. Maybe next time I'll get this done, but I'll come with you if you want."

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 11th, 2004, 09:21:34 PM
Ry-Obi was beaming from ear to ear, at least he was going to have a friend there to watch what was going on.

"Awesome. You rock, bud."

It wasn't long before the two of them were walking into the teen club. A few moments later, three other boys joined them.

"Hey, Ry! You gonna go under?" A tall dark-haired boy asked as he clapped Ry-Obi on the back.

"Yeah, that's why I'm here. Guys, this is my good friend Jacen. Jacen, this is Tony, Paxton and Rudy." The guys all nodded at Jacen.

"Well, Kincaid what are we waiting on? Let's go." Paxton said as he led them through a back door out of the main club.

Jacen
Sep 11th, 2004, 09:29:02 PM
Jacen nodded to each of the younger boys before following them outside. Suddenly he didn't feel so sure about this, but he kept quite because he could feel that this was something that his freind wanted badly, so he would stay here with Ry-Obi.

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 11th, 2004, 09:43:25 PM
Ry-Obi was nervous with anticipation as the older boys led he and Jacen to another room, a darker room near the back of the building.

"This is Syrem the master cutter." Paxton said as he closed the door behind them.

Syrem was an older boy, no older than at least twenty. "Got your credits?"

Ry-Obi took a deep breath and nodded. "Yes, Sir. Right here." He handed the older one a small bag of credits.

With a curtest smile, Syrem nodded as he put the money away. "Do you have a design in mind or do you need to look at some of mine I've done?"

"I've designed my own, I want it on my stomach." The boy said as he handed him the picture.

"Very nice, won't be too hard. Up on the table and take your shirt off."

Ry-Obi did as he was told and took a deep breath as he lay on the cutting table.

Syrem opened the case he had and it was lined with an array of scalpel knives all neatly arranged. He took some spray and sprayed Ry's stomach and then wiped it off.

"I'm going to put some numbing med's on, but it will still hurt pretty bad. Here, put this in your mouth, it helps." Syrem handed Ry-Obi a plain metal stainless steel bar to put between his teeth.

A few moments later, Syrem was beginning to cut the design.

"Stay still, Ry-Obi." He said. "Don't flinch."

Ry-Obi clamped down on the bar, as he felt the first few cuts...it hurt bad...

Jacen
Sep 11th, 2004, 10:03:49 PM
Jacen watched the older guy cut into Ry-Obi and grimaced. It looked like it hurt bad. He doubted he could do that.

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 11th, 2004, 10:15:36 PM
The boy didn't move, but sweat broke out onto his forehead and silent tears streamed down the corners of his eyes.

He tried to think of anything else besides what was going on.

Syrem made his last cut and stepped back admiring his work. "It's going to turn out very nice, Ry." He said as he peeled off the rubber gloves he had on and then grabbed a bottle of something.

"Now, I'm going to clean off the blood with some saline solution and tape you up. Keep the tape clean and dry. Change the dressing once a day and keep it on for at least a week and a half, you'll know when it's time to keep it off."

The saline stung and Ry let out a cry and flinched, only making it hurt worse.

Another twenty minutes and Ry-Obi was walking slowly out of the back room with Jacen. Once outside in the air, Ry threw up in an alley.

Jacen
Sep 11th, 2004, 10:21:16 PM
As they walked outside, Jacen went over to Ry when he bent over to puke. "Hey buddy, you ok?"

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 12th, 2004, 07:01:33 AM
Once he was finished, he nodded. "Oh, this hurts." He stood as his three friends came out.

"Hey, Ry, you did great. The scar will look excellent. Rudy bawled like a baby when he had his done and it wasn't even nearly as big as yours." Paxton smiled and clapped the boy on his shoulder.

Ry-Obi winced as Rudy began to argue. "I did not!"

"Did so!"

"I...alright, maybe a little..."

Ry-Obi cut in. "Listen, guys. I'm not feeling real good right now. I'm going home."

"Alrighty, see ya in school on Monday! It was nice to meet you, Jacen, maybe we can hang out sometime." Tony called as Paxton and Rudy started arguing again.

Ry-Obi started walking towards the lifts. He sighed and began to wonder if this was such a good idea now that it was done.

Jacen
Sep 12th, 2004, 07:35:00 PM
Jacen followed Ry to the lift.

"Come on I'll help you back to your home ok," he said putting out a hand so his friend didn't fall back over.

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 12th, 2004, 07:53:53 PM
"Thanks, Jacen." He said as the two entered the lifts, Ry-Obi leaned against the wall.

"How am I going to hide this from my dad? I can barely walk without cringing. He'll kill me if he finds out."

As the lift began it's journey to Upper Coruscant, the boy closed his eyes and swallowed hard. "Oh, God...don't let me be sick again."

Ry-Obi took a few deep breaths. "I'm just going to have to be scarce this week. Dad will never know."

Jacen
Sep 14th, 2004, 12:22:48 AM
"I just hope that you don't get sicker than what you are now and hela up pretty quick," he said rubbing the boy's back, hoping he didn't get sicker.

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 14th, 2004, 04:44:40 AM
Ry-Obi blew out a sigh, 'me too. I wasn't really expecting this. Maybe I could get Quay to cover for me again. But, then again, she may have a fit as well."

Jacen
Sep 14th, 2004, 05:06:06 AM
"I would have to agree she seems like a very caring person and would like to keep you out of trouble, but I don't think she would lie to anyone about this, especially in this condition."

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 15th, 2004, 04:17:26 AM
He knew Jacen was right, there was no way even Quay would cover his bum on this one.

"Well, I'll just have to go to plan 'B' then and stay over at school with extra homework for the next week." He didn't really care to do that either, but it was better than getting caught with this at home and it would at least start healing.

Jacen
Sep 15th, 2004, 04:19:48 AM
"Are you sure? You don't think they would become suspisous? And what if your wound doesn't hel right?"

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 15th, 2004, 04:33:57 AM
"Well, my dad has been with Faith alot since she's had the twins, so my worrying might be all for naught and this thing better heal right or I'm gonna be a very unhappy customer for paying what I did for it."

The lift stopped and the two boys stepped out into the sunshine of Upper Coruscant. "Ah, back in familiar territory. Okay, I've got to practice walking, like this doesn't hurt the way it does. Can you watch and tell me what ya think?"

With a deep breath, Ry-Obi walked a a few feet. Trying not to cringe as he did so.

He turned and looked at Jacen with a smirk. "Not so good, huh?"

Jacen
Sep 15th, 2004, 04:36:26 AM
Jacen tried to shake his head o reassure his freind, but he couldn't. "No, I'm sorry Ry.and I really don't know anything to tell you how to do it..."

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 15th, 2004, 04:46:26 AM
"Hmmmm, my mom lives at the GJO...and I've not seen her in a while and she's always partying...perhaps, I can stay with her for the week. She wouldn't know what the heck is real and what's not. That might work, hey and then we could hang out."

Jacen
Sep 15th, 2004, 04:51:02 AM
"Your mom?" Jacen asked curiously. He was excited that he would have an opportunity to hang out with his new freind, but this wasn't the first time he had mentioned his mother, but last time he didn't seem like he would have liked to see her, much less stay with her.

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 15th, 2004, 04:54:39 AM
"Yeah, on any other circumstance I'd like to club her in her sleep, but she may be just who I need right now. She sleeps all day, parties all night. It would be perfect. Besides, maybe I could stay at your quarters?"

Jacen
Sep 15th, 2004, 04:57:58 AM
"I don't see why not, but I confess I do have a question. Who is your mother?"

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 15th, 2004, 08:41:53 PM
"Angelina Kincaid." He smirked again. "She's a...better not say for the good of God. She got what she deserved when my dad took Hunter back. But, still some part of me actually feels sorry for her...she just needs to get her life back on track and get over my dad. I mean, ya know things got really messed up when we all thought she was dead and there wasn't a day that didn't go by that I didn't wish for her to be alive and now here she is and she's a mess."

Ry shook his head. "Sorry, I got carried away. Tends to happen when I'm in pain."

Jacen
Sep 16th, 2004, 11:56:27 AM
Jacen smiled and shook his head. "Don't worry about I am sure I could sympathize. But do you know how to get a hold of her?"

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 16th, 2004, 08:33:33 PM
The boy nodded. "Yeah, I've got her comm number, but it's not like I use it a lot. I'll just make sure she has plenty of booze and she won't even notice I'm gone."

Ry-Obi got his comm out and programmed the number. It beeped a few times.

"Hhhuh?" A dazed female voice asked.

Ry-Obi bit his lip and then spoke. "Mom, it's Ry-Obi."

"Ry?" Her voice was a bit more awake, but definitely surprised.

"I want to know, if you care if I spend the week at your place. I don't want to mess anything up, I just need to get away for a few days."

"Of course!"

Ry-Obi smiled and then winced as he accidently rubbed his hand against his stomach. "Great, thanks. I'll be over later."

"I'll be waiting." The enthusiasm made Ry shudder as he cut the connection. "Well, that went well. Now, for my dad which I'm not looking forward too."

Jacen
Sep 17th, 2004, 08:19:24 AM
"Its ok. He might take it better than you think."

imported_Ry-Obi Kincaid
Sep 29th, 2004, 08:18:11 PM
"Well, now is as best time as any." He said as he programmed in the number and awaited his dad to answer.

"Yeah?" a familiar voice asked.

"Hey, Dad, it's Ry." He spoke in his normal tone. "I kinda wanted to know if it was alright to spend the week with mom..."

"What? Say again, I didn't quite catch that. It sounded like you said you wanted to stay with your mom."

"Well, dad. I think, she needs someone there to kinda help her out of her funk, ya know?"

There was a long pause on River's end.

"Dad?"

"I'm here, I suppose maybe it would be alright. But, remember what she did to your sister."

"I won't forget, Dad. I think, it would be a good idea. It's just a week and I'll keep up my school work." Ry said.

"You'd better, young man. I'm at Faith's right now, so if you need anything let me know."

"I will, Dad. Thanks." Ry-Obi let out a sigh of relief as he cut the connection.