PDA

View Full Version : The Stress Test (Quay and Open)

Random Person
Sep 6th, 2004, 07:23:47 AM
He had been watching and waiting for just the right moment, that was how Brent Yagher worked. He was like a cobra getting ready to strike at any point in time and today was the day.

The lad walked briskly into the B&G and handed over his blaster and dagger, the only other thing he had was a briefcase, which he opened to show he had nothing more than a stack of papers.

The message had already been sent out and she would be here soon. Brent smiled with anticipation, things would go more to his liking this time. Quay couldn't pull her lightsabre on him in here and he could mess with her mind.

He was going to show her that he wasn't going to be pushed around and that child...ha!! Like he really wanted the brat, but he had some tricks up his sleeve, Quay would really have to think on this one. She would pay for what she had done months ago, she would pay dearly and when he got the child...black market babies made a lot of money...

Brent laughed as he thought of the look on Quay's face when their meeting would begin, it would all be worth it. This time, the ball was in his court and Brent would make sure it stayed that way.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 6th, 2004, 07:54:14 AM
It had only been about fifteen minutes ago when Padawan Quay'Na Rakai received a message from her dad, Cordell that he wanted to see her at the B&G. He had a surprise for her.

Quay'Na couldn't wait to see her dad, she wondered if he was going to surprise her with a trip to Babies R Us to get her new baby furniture.

She hadn't gotten anything yet.

With a smile, Quay entered the B&G and handed over her two sabre's. As she walked in further, she began to look for her dad.

She didn't see him anywhere...strange, the message clearly read he was here and waiting. As Quay continued to scan, suddenly her heart nearly stopped as she saw...Brent approach her.

"Oh, now Quay my dear. Don't look so surprised, do you really think you'd show if I told you it was me?" He asked with a smirk.

"You sent the message?" She asked with an even tone.

"Yes, it was me. Now, things are not as they were a while back at our last meeting, Quay and I suggest you come with me. We've a lot to talk about."

"We have nothing to talk about." Quay'Na answered back and turned to leave.

"If you want to keep 'our' child, I think you'd better stay." He warned.

Quay'Na stopped in her tracks and turned to face him again. "There's nothing you can do, Brent. My child is safe."

"Not in the eyes of the law, Quay and you've got a history. Could possibly fall under as being an unfit mother."

"I wouldn't go that far, Brent. You forced me..."

He cut her off. "But, no legal action was taken, I was never arrested and you never told the Watch. So, I am clear as clear can be. There is no legal records that I ever did such a hanious act, Quay. There is nothing to prove that I ever forced you, in fact I believe you were quite willing."

Quay slapped him across the face. "You bastitch!"

The slap didn't even seem to phase him. "I suggest, you come have a seat, Quay'Na and I'll tell you how things are going to be...if you want to keep your child."

"You're lying, you have nothing on me to prove anything!"

Random Person
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:00:18 AM
Brent smirked again. "I think, I do. Suicide attempt, being in cahoots with two different Darksiders...leaving the Order once to be with a Darksider. Causing trouble at the Wildside...the list goes on. I think, I have more than enough to bring you down to your knees, Quay. Oh, and the big one, trying to kill me. Which, I did report, but I pressed no charges so that one is clearly recorded."

Brent smiled as if he was proud of himself, waiting her response. This was life and Quay would finally fall, it was her time to suffer.

Choir Aztaroth
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:02:56 AM
A figure appeared beside Quay, a hand on the older Forcer's shoulder. Red eyes stared over mirrored sunglasses.

Aztaroth was less than impressed.

"Scum. I don't have my lightsaber on me, but shut up if you want to live past my friend's next words."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:09:39 AM
Quay's heart would've fallen had she not heard the familiar voice that she had made friends with a while back on her leave.

She had back up now and didn't feel so vunerable to Brent. "You're still lying, I don't believe you have any of that." Quay shook her head.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:13:54 AM
*Natia takes a sip of her ale, finishing it off before she stands up and walks over to Quay and the two others that she is unfamiliar with. As she approaches, her hands go up to her hood, lowering it, revealing her face.

As she comes to a stop behind Quay, she rests a hand on her shoulder, opposite Aztaroth. The young teenager blinks her eyes once, then twice as she levels her gaze on Brent*

Random Person
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:23:19 AM
"Threats don't go over easily, ladies." Brent beckoned with a smile. "I have three top lawyers on my side and my accounts are quite in order. You're friend here, could be in a lot of trouble...if I decided to go ahead and press charges. Don't think I won't, Quay if I feel threatened and there is nothing that can help you."

He looked at the other two women. "Not even your friends at this point, Quay." He looked at he looked at the Padawan and smiled grimly. "Your in my court now and if you don't watch yourself, that child will be mine and taking it wouldn't be hard at all."

Brent's cold eyes stared into Quay's. "And the funny thing is, I wouldn't even have to try, the law will do it all for me."

Choir Aztaroth
Sep 6th, 2004, 07:57:19 PM
She smiled hard. "Looks like someone needs a lesson in how the universe really works. My name's Aztaroth: try to look it up, you won't find it. I'm an untraceable legal nonentity. If I decide to kill you...well...not many could track me down. And of those few, most have no love for the Republic."

Random Person
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:26:57 AM
"Perhaps so," he added non-chalantly. "But, if I end up dead, Quay'Na Rakai will be the main suspect."

Brent smiled. "If you kill me, Quay will end up in jail or be taken down death row for a murder she helped commit, remember she already has a record with the Watch, wouldn't take much to prosecute."

Things were going as planned.

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:51:30 AM
A familiar voice echoed in Choir's head, causing her to blink.

"I can change his mind for you, if you'd like...all you have to do is ask..."

imported_Natia Telcontar
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:35:55 AM
*Natia squeezes Quay's shoulder in reassurance before she starts to speak*

Look pal, what you are doing right now is not right. 'I' am no threatening, but warning you. If you mess with Quay'na in the slightest to get her child taken from her, which you do not have claim to in my opinion, you will not be a happy camper.

I'm sure that you'll probably look me up since I'm guessing you don't want my interference so I'll make it easy for you to find me. My names Mara Lerf.

*Natia says, her eyes focused on Brent, knowing that if he does a search for her through both legal, and non-legal means, he'll find her to be a Jedi Padawan of the GJO and has been so since she was a toddler. She silently thanx her dead Mother for giving her that name*

And Sir, if you do wind up dead, Quay'na is not the only person they will suspect of killing you therefore your threat is null and void.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:05:12 PM
On the outside, Quay stood like a stone statue with Natia and Choir. But, inside she knew she'd die if she lost her son.

"Brent, why are you doing this? This child is nothing to you!"

Random Person
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:12:09 PM
"Perhaps, you should have thought of that months ago, the night you hunted me down and tried to kill me. You left the scar and now it's my turn. What goes around, comes around, Quay'Na Rakai." His voice was menacing as he stared at her.

"If you want your child, you best tell your friends to back off and come with me. Now!"

Choir Aztaroth
Sep 8th, 2004, 07:25:42 AM
It came out in a low mutter, not really intended for others to hear - but then again she couldn't have cared less if it had been audible to one or all of those present.

"This is ridiculous."

Despite the lack of mobility brought on by advanced pregnancy, Choir could still move very, very fast once she brought her step-up online. In a literal eyeblink she was in front of Quay, staring at Brent nose-to-nose. Her glasses had slipped down, revealing more of her bright red eyes - as unsettling a gaze as could be found outside of Chiss space.

"Listen very carefully," she snarled. "I have just entertained a telepathic offer from a friend of mine, a high-ranking Sith, who is on Coruscant at this moment. He's a mentalist like me, but about five hundred times better. If I let him do me the favour, he'll meet you outside this establishment and begin altering your mind. Not only would you not remember Quay or the child, you would suddenly find yourself stripped of a great many character traits that others find unpleasant. While digging around in there, he'd find the names of your lawyers and do the same to them."

Random Person
Sep 8th, 2004, 07:36:37 PM
Brent still did not beckon as he shook his head. "Listen, woman...if I needed another pregnant wench I'd ask for one, but I didn't." He pushed past Choir and grabbed Quay's arm and yanked her towards him.

"Come with me, wench." He told her roughly and headed for the door.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 8th, 2004, 07:50:18 PM
Quay had seen him coming and attempted to move out of the way, but he still caught her arm and nearly yanked her off her feet.

The jerk that she received sent a rush of pain through her abdomen. She stiffened and gasped.

But, that didn't stop the man who had a hold of her, he gave her another yank towards the door. "Come on!" He growled.

The pain subsided long enough for Quay to kick him behind the kneecap. It brought him down, but not before he backhanded her in the face.

Her reflexes were all off. Normally, the Padawan could have manuvered away from the strike, but her mind was still blown away about him wanting to take her child and that he was even here...left her wide open.

Quay fell backwards as she felt him let go of her arm.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 10th, 2004, 03:56:35 PM
"Excuse me sir, but I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

Wei Wu Wei had entered the Bar and Grill only minutes before Brent had tried to snatch Quay Na out of the building. "I do not appreciate your lack of respect for this young woman."

Wei's voice was firm, and his face was like a stone. The Knight meant business. Soon he would see if this other person meant business too.

Random Person
Sep 10th, 2004, 04:28:53 PM
The young man was not happy in the least as he hobbled to his feet after Quay kicked him. At least, he nailed her before he went down, but then he heard the male Jedi or at least he looked like a Jedi.

Brent stood and looked at him. "Ya know, fella. If I needed your assistance I'd have asked for it, but I didn't. What goes on between me and this wench is between us, bud." Brent wasn't giving up that easily, if he didn't get Quay out of here soon, it was going to turn into a three ring circus.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 10th, 2004, 06:57:07 PM
Wei raised an eyebrow at the young upstart. "A wench, is she?"

The Jedi Knight rolled his head in one slow circle, listening to the small pops it created in his neck.

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid that I can't just walk away from this. You see, any business that involves violence towards a woman automatically involves me. Especially when that woman is my Padawan."

Wei advanced a small step towards Brent. "Now, how's about you just calm down, return to your seat, and tell me why you have such a burning desire to abuse my little girl."

Parternal instincts were in full gear. All Padawans at the GJO were like children to Wei, but the ones he taught were considered his own flesh and blood. He took this business Brent thought he had with Quay Na very personally.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:44:55 AM
Quay'Na could taste blood as she stepped back with her friends and listened to her master.

Brent really whacked her a good one, so good she felt another abdominal pain streak across her.

Quay'Na gasped. "Ow!"

Random Person
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:57:38 AM
"She owes me, big time." He told Wei. "And I've simply come here to collect my debt and if she thinks she can just walk away she's very mistaken." The vengence in his eyes seemed to burn a hole through Wei.

"So, if she doesn't come with me now, I will have no choice than to press charges against her and I will take her to court to prove she is an unfit mother."

Brent looked at Quay. "Your child will be mine, Quay'Na Rakai! You've stepped over the line this time, wench."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 11th, 2004, 08:14:58 AM
Wei was not going to be intimidated by this upstart, and returned the glare just as intensely.

"She owes you her child? Ha! Human lives can't be exchanged like credits! Human life is much more precious than that!"

The sheer immaturity of this man simply astounded Wei.

"No, I believe that you are the one who has stepped over the line. Walking into a Jedi bar and causing a ruckus such as this? Abusing a woman--a pregnant woman nonetheless--all because you abused her in the past and she wanted to get away from it? You've got a lot of arrogant pride in you to think so stupidly as that!"

Choir Aztaroth
Sep 11th, 2004, 09:07:49 AM
Gathering the necessary power for this had always taken her a long time to do, and with labour this close at hand for the young Darksider, she had to be very careful about how she did it.

She came up in a firm stance just over arm's length away from Brent, grateful for the Jedi's intervention: it would give her the preparatory period she needed.

The Dark Side roiled around her and, as the Jedi concluded his words, she struck at Brent.

And began to flay his mind.

A mind doesn't have skin, really. It's made up of thoughts, processes and so forth. But it has inner and outer layers, and not many things hurt worse - physically and psychologically - than having some of those layers ripped away. Granted, she could have just stimulated his pain centres, but flaying had a more visceral satisfaction to it.

All the while, a voice rang in Brent's head.

Burning for burning, stripe for strip. Let justice be done.

Random Person
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:09:43 PM
Brent felt his pride puff up for a moment and he was about to give this Jedi a real piece of mind...but something happened.

His arrogant glare became one of confusion and a few seconds later...he felt pain.

"Get out of my head!" He screamed between clenched teeth as he fell to his knees and held the sides of his head.

"Arrghh!!"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:40:16 PM
*Natia stands beside Quay, a questioning look on her face as she takes note of Quay's pain. Then in a quiet whisper, she speaks to Quay*

Do you need anything??

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 11th, 2004, 08:00:30 PM
As Quay was about to answer, she suddenly didn't feel well. She felt intensely hot all over as if she were burning up. Her vision blurred and her head hurt.

"Natia...somethings wrong...oww!!" If it was a labor pain it wasn't where it was supposed to be. It ran along the top of her abdomen.

Quay began practicing some of her breathing techniques as another pain struck, making her gasp.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 11th, 2004, 09:49:21 PM
Between his Padawan and this Brent character Wei was confused. What was going on?

"You there!" he said to Natia. "Get her out of here, now! She doesn't need to be here in her condition!"

And as for Brent...

The Jedi Knight calmed himself and reached for the young man's mind, trying to find whatever it was that prevented him from having peace. This man did threaten his Padawan, but Wei still had a duty to help him. Perhaps if he could find out what tormented him so, the Jedi could figure out why Brent treated Quay Na so harshly.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Sep 12th, 2004, 09:01:43 AM
*Natia nods, more then willing to do as Wei suggests. She puts an arm around Quay and starts guiding her out of the B&G. If she has to, she'll use the Force to help. She starts heading towards the GJO Grounds, to take her to the medbay there which happens to be closer then any other place which can help*

Come on Quay.

*Natia, as she goes past the guard at the door, reaches out with the Force to grab her lightsaber, willing to come back for her other weapons later, after Quay is all right*

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 12th, 2004, 08:15:55 PM
Quay'Na didn't argue as she allowed Natia to lead her out. She couldn't see worth a darn and this had begun to scare her a bit.

"Natia, everything is blurry, I can't see." Blinking, wasn't getting her anywhere. What was happening?

Quay could tell they were going to the med center and for once in her life she was very glad as another pain erupted.

"Ahhh!" She cried through grit teeth.

A moment later, the two burst through the med doors.

"Help!!" Quay cried out as a few nurses took notice and rushed over.

"Are you in labor, Miss?" One of them asked.

Quay shook her head, "I don't think so."

Choir Aztaroth
Sep 13th, 2004, 06:38:06 AM
The Jedi Knight found the source of Brent's pain fast: another mind, Choir's, clamped around the rapist's in a deathgrip.

Aware of Wei's mental presence, Choir nevertheless continued to rip into Brent's psyche. Bits of him were falling apart. Blood was tricking from his mouth.

All in all, a stunning success.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Sep 13th, 2004, 08:59:20 AM
*Natia hands Quay over to the care of the nurses who immediatly get her laying down on a bed*

We've just come from the B&G where this started. She's told me that her vision's gone blurry.

*Natia's outward appearance is that of a calm Jedi. Inside though is a different story*

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 13th, 2004, 12:59:57 PM
Someone was attacking Brent's mind with a will. Wei gathered strength and asserted himself within the man's mind, gently but firmly loosing Choir's hold on him. Wei hoped to at least distract the other intruding presence long enough for Brent to get a hold of himself and force out the intruder on his own.

Choir Aztaroth
Sep 13th, 2004, 04:09:14 PM
She sensed Wei's purpose, and stifled a laugh: Brent's mind wasn't nearly disciplined enough to shrug her off.

But Wei's influence was more than enough to destabilize her grip entirely. She was only a fledgeling Apprentice, after all, no matter how specialized and no matter how good at elementary mindripping.

Blinking, she swam up from the deep-focus that had let her assault Brent's mind, and looked to Wei.

"I'm done. I think he's learned his lesson for the moment."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 13th, 2004, 07:59:46 PM
Wei quietly slipped out of Brent's mind. "I certainly hope so."

Violence was no way to bring about a change in a man. Wei was sure of it. But at least it had stopped. Now the Jedi's mind focused on something entirely different--his Padawan.

"Let me also make it clear to you, young lady, that there is to be no ruckus of any sort here at the Bar and Grill. Feel free to argue, but no violence here or you shall be asked to leave."

It was a kind rebuke, firm but not condemning. If she did not comply, she would be made to leave. However, Wei decided to give her another chance.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Sep 13th, 2004, 08:41:20 PM
Hayden had just come from the locker room and had seen the new young--pregnant lady arrive. He was the first doctor on the scene.

She didn't look well, in fact she was rather pale. "How far are you along, Miss?" He asked gently as the nurses began to take her through the swinging double doors to the first available scanner station.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 13th, 2004, 08:50:19 PM
"Seven months." She took a hold of his hand. "Don't let me lose my baby, please."

Another pain hit. "Oh God..."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Sep 13th, 2004, 09:21:55 PM
Hayden gave the young woman a heartfelt smile. "We're going to take care of you and your unborn child. Just relax."

He gave Quay's hand a squeeze and ordered a scan. The machine was brought down over Quay.

"This won't hurt a bit...done." The results began appearing on the monitor.

"Pressure is 147/98 and heart rate is 120, Dr. Radnor." One of the nurses said.

"Okay," he looked at Quay. "What's your name, Miss?"

"Quay'Na Rakai." She answered shakily.

Hayden smiled down at her. "You're going to be alright, Quay'Na. But, there are a few things that need to be done. First thing is first, we need you to calm down."

Another nurse told him what Natia had said. "Has your vision cleared, Quay'Na?"

She shook her head 'no'.

"I'm going to give you an IV with some medicine to bring down your blood pressure, it won't harm your child, but you'll feel kinda groggy for a bit and you make talk out of your head."

"Great, will the pain go away?"

"Yes, you're suffering from early stages of Pre-eclampsia it happens in some pregnancies, your doctor will want to monitor it very closely and I suggest you not get all stirred up again. The nurses will take care of it and I'll check on you in a bit."

Random Person
Sep 14th, 2004, 04:51:43 AM
Brent was still hunched over on the floor as his mind was released. What had just happened? Whatever it was, it made him shudder.

He spit blood out of his mouth and made a feeble attempt to stand. He was still pretty shakey as he heard the Jedi and younger woman speak.

He knew he'd been beat. Quay had powerful friends beside her and he'd just gotten a taste of that power.

She definitely wasn't worth this much pain and agony.

Choir Aztaroth
Sep 14th, 2004, 06:08:35 AM
While she knew - more than some - that violence wouldn't change Brent in the necessary way, she'd taken exception to a boor like the one now cowering on the floor shoving around a pair of pregnant women - namely herself and Quay. Strong exception.

But she wasn't about to argue with a Jedi.

Especially when he was, in fact, in the right of it.

"No need," she said simply. "My work here is done. Just...take care of Quay, please. And I'd also ask that this man be put under 'protective custody'. Just in case that friend of mine I mentioned earlier - oh, never mind. You weren't here then. But suffice it to say that he's a Sith Knight, he likes brainwashing, and he hates rapists. He might decide to have some fun at poor little Brent's expense."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 14th, 2004, 07:08:58 AM
Wei nodded. "I'll bear that in mind. Although I think the only way Brent will be recieving any protective custody would be by the conviction of his own crimes in a court of law. And you need not worry. Quay is in good hands."

The Jedi helped Brent off the floor and into a chair. "You sit and rest a moment. Then I suggest that you go find someplace safe to hide."

Once all was taken care of, Wei went over to the bartender and told him to keep an eye on Brent Choir.

"Ok, I'm going to go check in on Quay. I'm trusting you not to do anything else disruptive," he told Brent and Choir, but mostly to Choir. Brent was a bit too out of sorts to do much of anything. If I see you two around here again, I want it to be only for food and good company. Understood?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Sep 14th, 2004, 09:29:10 AM
*Natia remains in the medbay. She's standing off to the side, not far from Quay, but out of the way. Right now there is nothing anyone could do to get her to leave*

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 14th, 2004, 03:37:46 PM
The Padawan closed her eyes as one of the nurses put the IV in and began it's magical drip.

It only took a couple of minutes for the medicine to jet into her bloodstream.

Quay'Na opened her eyes and felt relaxed...very relaxed as the abdomenal pains ceased, though the blurriness remained. Her body began to feel like a lead wieght as she closed her eyes.

"Natia...are you still here?" She asked softly. "I can't see you...."

Choir Aztaroth
Sep 14th, 2004, 04:01:11 PM
Choir smiled faintly, adjusting her mirrored shades.

"Don't worry, Master Jedi. I'm not such an imbecile as to start a fight in Light-Side Central." Finish, but not start. And not without Conflagration, or proper training beyond the basics Shule's mind had imparted on hers.

So that, she supposed, was effectively 'not yet'.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 14th, 2004, 05:47:40 PM
Wei resisted a small sigh. "Very well."

Then he bowed respectfully and headed towards the Living Quarters.

Random Person
Sep 14th, 2004, 09:08:52 PM
On that note, Brent decided it would be better if he left close behind the Jedi, then grabbed a cab and took off.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Sep 15th, 2004, 10:10:44 AM
I'm here Quay. Don't worry, I'll be remaining.

*Natia says as she moves a bit closer to Quay*

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 16th, 2004, 06:59:36 AM
The Knight's stride was long and swift as he quickly closed the distance to the medical bay.

"I'm looking for Quay Na Rakai," he said to the receptionist.

The woman nodded and quickly scribbled down the Padawan's location on a piece of flimsy. Wei recieved the note with thanks, and headed towards the room.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:11:09 PM
"Good...I don't want to be here alone...Brent..." Her mind got jumbled, she couldn't quite think straight.

The Padawan felt almost like she was drunk, it was strange feeling. Though, she was content and happy.

With a grin, she opened her eyes. "Why are there rabbits in this room?" She asked with a slight slur.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Sep 19th, 2004, 08:24:42 AM
Hayden had chuckled a bit as he heard Quay's last statement and walked back in.

"Quay'Na, there are no rabbit's in here, the meds are making you hallucinate. You need to close your eyes and sleep for a bit and you'll be alright."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 19th, 2004, 11:55:18 AM
The Jedi Knight finally reached the room where his Padawan was being treated.

He waited politely beside the door until the doctor was finished.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 20th, 2004, 04:36:27 AM
The Padawan nodded as she closed her eyes and concentrated on sleeping. Unfortunately, she wasn't having much luck as she heard the doctor leave.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Sep 21st, 2004, 10:22:35 AM
*Natia chuckles slightly at Quay's comment about the rabbits. She remains silent so Quay can have the quiet needed for her to fall asleep*

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2004, 07:23:32 PM
The Padawan opened up one eye. "Is he gone? Good, can't sleep..."

She sighed deeply and laughed. Something seemed really funny, she just wasn't sure what.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 21st, 2004, 09:03:29 PM
Wei waited on the doctor to leave the room. "I hope she'll turn out all right. I wonder what was wrong?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Sep 22nd, 2004, 09:39:25 AM
*Natia smiles and shakes her head*

Quay, you were told to get some sleep. He probably has reasons for wanting you to sleep, so please, try and get some sleep.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 23rd, 2004, 09:38:09 PM
Quay nodded, but not before she saw her Master.

"Massser Weeei..." The room seemed to spin making the Padawan giggle.

"You should try some of thisss...sss-great..." She held up her arm that had the IV in it, only to find it heavy a moment later and accidently hitting herself in the face.

"Ow..." Quay mumbled.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Sep 25th, 2004, 09:28:10 AM
*Natia keeps her face expressionless as she gently moves Quay's arm so it's on her bed instead of across her face*

Get some sleep my friend. You need your rest or the doctor wouldn't have told you to get some sleep.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 26th, 2004, 09:34:27 PM
Wei peeked in from the door. Had the doctor left already? Wei hadn't seen the man go, but maybe he was around. Either way, it seemed like he wouldn't be getting in the way if he went in.

"Yes, I'm sure it's wonderful stuff. You should listen to your friend. You do indeed need some sleep."

Wei hoped the drug wouldn't harm the baby, but he trusted the doctor to know what to do. Wei would have removed the IV himself, but he didn't know how.

Instead, he chose to place his hand on his Padawan's head. "Now, my child, you need to get some rest. Shhh..."

The Knight put the comforting hushing sound into a notion, and transferred it to his Padawan with the Force. "Sleep, child."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 27th, 2004, 04:26:11 AM
That was about the last thing Quay'Na remembered as she drifted off. She would've answered, but was too tired to do so.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Sep 27th, 2004, 11:03:03 AM
The doctor says that she'll be alright. She just needs some rest for now.

*Natia says to Wei after Quay's fallen asleep. She then grabs a chair and pulls it up beside the bed and sits down, lest her own legs give out on her and she's required to stay in here as well*

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Sep 29th, 2004, 08:27:19 PM
Hayden entered a half an hour later. "Ah, good she's asleep." He whispered with a kind smile.

He walked up to Master Wei. "Dr. Hayden Radnor. Are you a friend of Miss Rakai's?" He asked as held out a hand in a friendly gesture.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 30th, 2004, 12:36:30 PM
Wei returned the smile and the handshake. "I'm her teacher. Quay'Na has been a very wonderful Padawan."

He brushed the hair away from her sleeping face. "They're all like children to me. My Padawans, that is. I'm very proud of this one in particular. She's such a brave girl to continue on like this after al that's happened to her."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:37:50 AM
Hayden nodded. "I could tell when she came in here that she had a strong stance about her. Unfortunately, it's imparative to keep her calm, she's in the beginning stages of Pre-eclampsia a condition in pregnant women that causes the blood pressure to sky-rocket. That is where the abdomenal pains had come from."

He looked at one of the machines that was monitoring Quay's vitals. "Her pressure is going back down, so that's good. I'd like to keep her in here overnight and then she can go home in the morning. The drug I've administered will not harm she or the baby. But, she does need to inform her doctor of this episode."

Hayden glanced at Wei. "Has she complained of her eyes bothering her before or headaches?"

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 1st, 2004, 02:34:43 PM
Wei thought a moment. "A wee bit. But she's always just sort of brushed it off. I never paid it much attention myself. I've never had any experience with pregnant women before."

imported_Natia Telcontar
Oct 1st, 2004, 03:01:03 PM
*Natia remains silent in the chair next to Quay, a neutral, expressionless look on her face as she watches her friend*

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 5th, 2004, 08:12:13 PM
The Padawan moved her head slightly and mumbled something in her sleep.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 5th, 2004, 08:43:39 PM
"This condition happens periodically, her doctor may even want to deliver early, if you give them a call and let them know of her situation." Hayden offered as he looked again at her vitals.

"It's coming down nicely."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 5th, 2004, 09:45:41 PM
Wei nodded. "I think it would be best for her to tell the doctor. It's her business really, and I don't know the first thing about her arrangements for the baby."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 6th, 2004, 04:05:33 AM
"Yes, of course." Hayden nodded as he looked down at Natia, the girl had seemed very protective of Quay'Na.

"You must be a sister?" He asked gently.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Oct 6th, 2004, 08:43:41 AM
Yes, I am her sister.

*Natia replies without even thinking or looking up. She does consider Quay a sister, and that's all that matters*

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 11th, 2004, 04:03:34 AM
"Well, it's good to know she has people who care about her around." Hayden said gently. "If there's nothing else, I'll come back a bit later and check on her."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 11th, 2004, 08:30:11 AM
Wei nodded and stood at his Padawan's bedside for a while in silence. At last, he looked up and turned to Natia. "Take care. When she wakes up, tell her that her master came to visit and not to worry about Brent for the time being."

Wei let out a small disappointed sigh. "I'd like to stay longer, but I'm afraid I've been charged with too much responsibility to remain still for too long. May the Force be with both you and Quay'Na."

Wei gave a slight bow and took his leave.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Oct 11th, 2004, 10:02:47 AM
*Natia nods her head slightly*

I will. Quay'll understand that you have to leave. I'll remain with her until she wakes and for awhile after that.

*Natia continues to sit in silence, waiting for Quay to wake up*

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 11th, 2004, 07:08:32 PM
A couple of hours later, Quay stirs and slowly opens her eyes. She feels a bit refreshed, but confused on where she is for a few seconds.

The med center. She remembers coming here after the intrusion with Brent.

Everything comes back as she jerks up. "Brent!"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Oct 12th, 2004, 10:59:55 AM
*Natia stands up quickly as Quay jerks up*

Lay down Quay. Brent's not here. You don't need to worry about him for the time being. You're Master was here, but he's sorry that he couldn't remain.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 13th, 2004, 08:04:43 PM
The Padawan took in a deep breath and relaxed. She lay back and blinked. "Is my baby alright?" Quay asked.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Oct 14th, 2004, 10:06:54 AM
You're baby's fine.

*Natia says, happy that Quay's relaxing. She sits back down in the chair, continuing to keep Quay company*

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 14th, 2004, 04:49:22 PM
She looked over at Natia. "I don't remember much after I got here and I was hooked up to this." She lifts her arm with the IV.

With a sigh, "what happened? Did I go into labor?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Oct 15th, 2004, 12:56:20 PM
No, you didn't go into labour. But you did get something which is common amongst pregnant women from my understanding.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 17th, 2004, 08:43:56 PM
"Well, that's a relief." She sighed. "I'm just ready to go home."

imported_Natia Telcontar
Oct 18th, 2004, 02:20:47 PM
I think you should wait until you've been given the ok to leave here first.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 19th, 2004, 04:45:55 AM
"Yeah, I will. Thanks, Natia for being here with me. I think, I'm going to sleep a bit more, I awfully tired."

imported_Natia Telcontar
Oct 19th, 2004, 09:51:29 AM
It's not a problem Quay. You get some sleep, and I'll stay around awhile longer and then leave.