PDA

View Full Version : Something I never thoguht I'd see

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 4th, 2004, 08:06:34 PM
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10675873-23210,00.html

About halfway down. In the ICC Champion's trophy one day cricket. First game Austrlia plays.... is against the USA.

The USA has an international level cricket team????????

Well, I've hearnt something today. I reaslly didnt think the USA was even up to tier two ICC level - To see them play a world ranked team will be of course be highly one sided, but still, this is quite cool. I really didnt think I'd ever see this. A first class USA team!

(Just an explaination, First Class is the step below full test and Intl One day. I dont think the game has Intl One status, but it does have First Class status)

imported_Eve
Sep 4th, 2004, 08:30:17 PM
If there is a sport, USA probably has a team. Doesn't mean its good, but Americans are competitive. Our whole social system is based on competition.

As a side note: we play cricket at every familiy function we have.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 4th, 2004, 08:32:08 PM
Well its not really shocking although I bet we suck.

General Tohmahawk
Sep 16th, 2004, 06:50:00 AM
Normal one day matches are 50 overs a side, and normal scores are in the 220 - 300 runs range. 10 wickets availible

Result -

USA all out for 61 runs.

Aust achieve total in 7.4 overs for loss of one wicket. Shortest one day match in Australian history.

Serious questions being asked as to why the USA was drawn to play Australia at all, as the result wasnt in doubt and doesnt serve to grow the game in the USA. While I like watching Australia win, this type of mismatch just isnt fair or even good viewing.

Ahh well, give em twenty years of development and it hopefully wont be as bad. Such mismatches are not fun :(