PDA

View Full Version : Question for all members:

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:37:38 PM
I know, I know, it's me AGAIN.

But seriously, please hear me out one more time. :)

Dark sider groups have been getting a lot of flak here for a few years, mainly due to the fact that they don't seem to *work* very well.

On one hand, they could be a big evil 'family,' and 'love' and 'care' for each other, but fundementally (to me) this seems to be an oxymoron. Groups like this tend to either stagnate or self destruct. Or be so laughable as to not be effective.

On the other hand, the dark sider group could be a group of evil beings that don't trust each other more than they can throw them, and are bound together only by a common cause. Groups like this splinter after everyone realizes that the 'common cause' is 'whatever I want at the moment' and that no one wants the same thing.

Our group is staying together at the moment for the sole purpose of providing new RPers, and new characters with training in the dark arts.

We can continue on as we are, with LD driving everyone along in her maniacial quest to destroy/wreak revenge on TSO (believe me, it's coming) or we can seek to become something else.

I've been talking (sort of) with Gav lately, and it seems to me that the perfect darkside group is a group of two or three. One master, a max of two apprentices (from noob to knight, depending on the rank of the master). This group is mobile, and the common cause is of course whatever the master wants. Once the apprentice/s are strong enough to challenge their master, they would either be put down or break away and get their own apprentices.

This is a very NOVEL idea here, a sort of 'anti-group.' However, I'd like to still use these forums, for training RPs, and a sort of Dark side forum, for these separate 'groups' to come together, and perhaps do things together, should their causes coincide for any amount of time.

Lilaena will still be on Onderon, she's got her planet, and mini-army, and she's happy for now. (btw, she's never coming back with Jax, he's going to be re-taken in a terrific battle involving GJO, TSO and LD. LD will be injured so severely that she will have to delve deeper into the Darkside than ever before to survive, and will evolve from that point on into a psuedo-Emperor figure. I will at some point be looking for an Imperial faction to ally her with, and possibly take over. ;) Just fyi)

What do YOU think? Oh, and if you're apprenticed to LD, you don't have a choice ;) j/k!

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:11:29 PM
Argh I hate people not being online when I want them to be!!! :cry

Charley
Sep 2nd, 2004, 10:02:28 PM
I have no problem with Dark Jedi being in bigger-ish groups.

Sith should be in pairs though. TSO makes about as much sense in this regard as Pink Elephants, but its really not an option trying to explain this to Rie or Audra ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 2nd, 2004, 10:02:45 PM
Also, there would be no formal committment or 'name' attatched to the 'forum of Darksiders' as I earlier mentioned. It would be a mostly OOC connection.

Charley
Sep 2nd, 2004, 10:58:21 PM
I like the idea quite a lot. I just have to convince LV and LW to join me in killing everyone else in TSO. That would be great.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 3rd, 2004, 12:59:01 AM
:lol

LW esp, they're hardly on enough to matter. If they were govenors, they would have been voted out long ago. Donald Trump would have fired them. They would be OFF the island. Out of the house. Denied a rose. History. Gone.

:p you get the idea.

Razielle Shadana
Sep 3rd, 2004, 08:57:18 AM
Whatever you guys want, I roll with it. I am not in one of my picky phases ;) I rather like the group as it is, but with more action, but if you guys are bent on scrapping it ...

-wipes tear-

Grrrr at LV about Jax! :mad I jump out a flaming window for the lil turd and I don't even get to give him a wedgie? WTF?!?! :rolleyes :p :lol

Just lemme know what we are doing :)

Oh and sorry I haven't been on much, Ive been working too damn much.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 3rd, 2004, 09:41:47 AM
You and everyone else, apparently. :)

Razielle Shadana
Sep 3rd, 2004, 10:22:12 AM
:( I'll be on more diligently, promise. Pinky swear ;)

Alf
Sep 3rd, 2004, 01:19:03 PM
Personally I agree with the splitting. I mean that is what the whole point of the Dark Jedi/Sith is because if they stay in a big group and are true to their character they would eventually break off and start challenging everyone in the group and begin killing each other.

Salem Ave
Sep 4th, 2004, 07:29:22 AM
killing everyone else in TSO.

heyHeyHEY! :mad

This idea sounds cool, though :) Better to split now than wait and, somewhere down the line, have a Black Hand style meltdown.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 6th, 2004, 06:36:32 PM
Okay then, if we agree to do this, then how would we structure the forums? Two training forums (just as they are now) and this as the ooc 'touch base' forum..?

THe thing is, we wouldn't openly be enemies, but we wouldn't be 'friends' either. But I don't think LD would be in favor of a bunch of iffy allies perching on her turf here on Onderon. The odd training exercise in the wilds - definitely okay by me and LD. (:mneh) but in the city...

We shouldn't be hasty making decisions until everyone's had a say, and I'm esp. interested in Gav's thoughts.

Jared Mriad
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:25:23 PM
I'm with whatever the majority is in favor of.

Silus Xilarian
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:25:33 AM
This idea would also help out some long standing ideas that we havent got around to resolving yet. Im kind of split in two though. As I really liked it when the Hand actually got a common goal for at least a half a thread and worked together as a semi large group. I will admit that I havent been into the main RPing forum lately, but when it comes to any kind of battle, it always seems to be a matter of "how many people can I get here". In a scenario like that, its nice to have a few people backing you up.

Of course, just cause we splinter off in our own little directions, doesnt mean that some ties dont exist. This idea is churning little gears in my mind, which is bad, because im fighting sleep as it is.

Zachariah Darmok
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:43:36 PM
I'm in favor of whatever others wish to do and although i've not been around recently to comment fully i still enjoy the fact we are a small group of underground darksiders, Darmok is not a Sith and thus IC it would annoy him to think he gave his commitment to a group that breaks up half a year after their starting.

OOC I dont mind though its rocked my plans a bit.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:03:21 PM
Originally posted by Silus Xilarian
Of course, just cause we splinter off in our own little directions, doesnt mean that some ties dont exist. This idea is churning little gears in my mind, which is bad, because im fighting sleep as it is.
That was what I mentioned - by using this as an OOC stopping off spot for 'evil,' we can pull together a large group to fight the 'good guys' whenever we need to. And you wouldn't have toi feel forced into it, just because you're a part of a certain group - if it fit your characters motivations at the time you could join, if not, no harm done.

OOC I dont mind though its rocked my plans a bit. Oh, are you even a member here? :p you've been gone a long time.

Gash
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:14:56 PM
What Jen said.

Zachariah Darmok
Sep 7th, 2004, 06:49:14 PM
Oh, are you even a member here? :p you've been gone a long time.

Called College :) or the setting up of.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:07:24 PM
I should mention as well, current Master/Apprentice relationships should remain the same. After an apprentice has been promoted to knight, the character can go off on their own, or stay with their master for further instruction if they wish.

If we split, and then all the apprentices want to shuffle around, things would get way too confusing.

Also, to keep with the "we accept anyone" status of this group, I would like to still be able to accept apprentices to the new "psuedo" group, the OOC group, and then hand them off to people who can tutor the newbies. That way we're still providing a service to the new RPers, or old ones with new characters.

Silus Xilarian
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:36:12 PM
btw, i can still stay at the palace right?

Thats alotta shit to move and my place on Coruscant doesnt have a king size bed :(

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:00:18 PM
Of course you can. LD doesn't intend to leave, and so you don't have to as long as you stay sort of on her good side. :mneh

Daria Nytherciria
Sep 9th, 2004, 05:21:48 AM
Does that mean I can stay too? :angel

Razielle Shadana
Sep 9th, 2004, 08:37:14 AM
Kirrek has king size beds... It just takes a little nibbling to get into them ;)

Raz will be ok whatever is decided because she still has the Cabal as her major interest. So likely she'll just agree with whatever Gav The Elusive wants. =P

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 9th, 2004, 11:57:35 AM
Originally posted by Daria Nytherciria
Does that mean I can stay too? :angel

DEpends on whether you're sleeping with Silus or not. :verymad

Razielle Shadana
Sep 9th, 2004, 06:09:59 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
DEpends on whether you're sleeping with Silus or not. :verymad

who isn't?

:p

Silus Xilarian
Sep 10th, 2004, 02:31:32 AM
Shhhh she doesnt know about that!

Zachariah Darmok
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:14:05 AM
She does now O_O

Silus Xilarian
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:21:51 AM
stop being so pessimistic! The glass is half full!

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 11th, 2004, 11:24:30 AM
Silus you said you were going to PM me. Yet, you didn't. What is up with that?!

Razielle Shadana
Sep 11th, 2004, 05:38:32 PM
Silus you said you were going to PM me. Yet, you didn't. What is up with that?!

what she said. :rolleyes

Droo
Sep 12th, 2004, 06:15:32 PM
I'm late on replying to this, what else is new, but I am totally behind this idea and like the idea of using the KA forums as a central hub, of sorts, for our characters meeting up on occassion and conducting some training sessions on planet.

I am willing to implement this system as soon as possible and that I leave down to Raz and Jared; are you guys willing to run with this? Just the three of us?

Jared Mriad
Sep 12th, 2004, 06:17:34 PM
I'm ripe and roaring for it. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 13th, 2004, 12:56:45 AM
Allright, then we only need a reasonable and fair RP reason for the 'split.' Incidentally, I think the name still works. It's loosely a circle, and it's certainly going to be disorderly. ;)

The galaxy as a whole doesn't even know we exist, so I doubt anyone will care one way or another. It isn't going to be front page news anywhere, except maybe the OOC forum. Once we hash out the new agenda, or deal, or whatever, I'll type something up to post in the OOC forum about it.

I think CTs should be revamped to show who 'belongs' to who. :p In case any Apprentice's forgot.

Jen and James - I don't know how you want this to work with the Krath, please let me know what you're thinking.

Silus Xilarian
Sep 13th, 2004, 04:59:00 AM
I was gonna pm and all, but I decided more thinking needed to be involved. Long and short of it though, im not seeing any real speedbumps with the Krath.

Razielle Shadana
Sep 13th, 2004, 05:43:04 AM
Originally posted by Dru
are you guys willing to run with this? Just the three of us?

Oh hell yeah. :D :smokin

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 13th, 2004, 12:35:19 PM
I think that continuing our 'member list' would be helpful as well, so we dark siders can keep track of who can do what, and what training level they're at. Then if, for example, Silus wanted to do a raid on the Imp. Sovereignty he could gather up some people who are like minded and have skills in the areas needed, and take off to do the job.

I would also continue to discourage our 'members' to be active members at other groups with the same character. With the Master/Apprentice thing, it doesn't work if the apprentice is also at TSO, or the Master is...well anyway. I don't think we'll have a problem with this, but I'm just re-stating it.

Also - we should still recruit! But instead of for the group, you might recruit your own apprentices. Or if you see a n00b, you can invite them here and we can set them up with a master. Or recruit an already trained knight or master - I think we'll always need more people to take apprentices.

Han Fernua
Sep 13th, 2004, 10:30:25 PM
Also - we should still recruit! But instead of for the group, you might recruit your own apprentices. Or if you see a n00b, you can invite them here and we can set them up with a master. Or recruit an already trained knight or master - I think we'll always need more people to take apprentices.

Yes, that should continue. There is always more people coming in then knights/masters being trained. It would be very hard to make sure that everyone that comes, or makes to many characters, to get them all into a group and whatnot. Though I would not like to say that limited numbers is better (though at times they are) but a firm stock of new people is always a good thing to have.

Salem Ave
Sep 14th, 2004, 05:39:32 AM
Jen and James - I don't know how you want this to work with the Krath, please let me know what you're thinking.

Shouldn't change anything, I don't think. The Krath has always been in the background, and as far as I can see will remain as such until Naj and Daria get Knighted. Even when that happens, with this split it won't make much of a difference. Just that, perhaps, apprentices will be given a gentle push towards Koros Major ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 14th, 2004, 10:14:33 AM
well whatever. I can't believe I'm training someone who's going to leave and try to steal noobs from here. :(

Salem Ave
Sep 15th, 2004, 12:42:33 PM
Well we won't be stealing noobs really. I mean, they're going to be tied to the KA, but they can be training on Koros Major or whatever. I don't know how it will work. I really should talk to James :uhoh

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 15th, 2004, 12:58:42 PM
Ah okay that makes sense :)

Zachariah Darmok
Sep 16th, 2004, 05:23:01 AM
I guess Zach will have to follow Raz about a bit for a littl while then. Unless thats to be a problem?

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 16th, 2004, 11:42:34 AM
She started a thread for you to read.