PDA

View Full Version : Misdirection

Jandor
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:54:39 AM
-The black clad miscreant (as if it wasn't cliched enough already) sat alone at a table tucked away in the corner of some club.
Some club with some stupid name, the kind that pop-up by the dozen along the club row in Coruscant.

This one was as stereotypical as they got.

The large room was lined along one side by a ridiculously sized bar pumping out the drinks to serve the heaving masses, many too young to drink, a few to old to be here; all to sad not to be doing something better with their time.

Not that Jandor was being any more constructive, but at least he was being productive.
That was if everything went according to plan.
As if anything has ever gone to plan, ever.

At a glance, Jandor was alot more quiet and lonley then the other full tables; but who in this place would even bother to cast such a glance as suppose to just sucking down various neurotoxic beverages in an attempt to wash down the various pop-narcotics.
Having said that, Jandor was quite enjoying his neurotoxic beverage.
Although Corellian brandy was a few financial steps up from the cluber variety jug-o-beer.
At least Jandor thought so anyway.

Jandor sat nursing his drink, taking his time; he was probally going to be here all night so he wasn't in a rush.
Jandor had sent various whispers down underground channels, a kind of criminal APB.
Jandor was looking for proffesionals; the gun-weilding, explosives setting, killing, stealing, hyjacking types.

Jandor was planning a job.
Not what you would call history-making gig but certainly enough to be hitting 6-figures each.
Not to mention heeps of fun for those outlaw types.
Jandor was looking for around six to eight to get the job done.
So far, he had one.

So he waited.-

Dan the Man
Sep 2nd, 2004, 09:23:56 AM
Not suprisingly, the invite appeared on Dan's radar.

A job like this on Coruscant, being broadcast right in front of Black Sun's collective nose. It begged his attention. The assassin took it upon himself to pay the independent contractor a visit.

Dan entered the establishment, politely declining the doorman who offered to take his coat. He scanned the patrons in the club, and eventually made his way to the one that fit the description from the job advert.

"So, I hear you're planning a job of a sort?"

Jandor
Sep 2nd, 2004, 10:54:42 AM
"And I've heard that the universe is flat.
It all depends who's asking and who's telling."

-The casual Jandor gestured is hand to offer a seat at the table.-

"Please, if you will.
Pull up a chair; I never underestimate the true power of a simple connversation when it comes to learning about things."

Choir Aztaroth
Sep 2nd, 2004, 03:56:18 PM
"Thank you."

Choir smiled warmly as she handed her coat off to the doorman. The fellow could certainly control his face, but to her his emotions came through clearly. Then again, she supposed he had reason to be dubious. At sixteen Standard Years, she looked her age. Not many young teenagers frequented places like this.

She dropped one albino hand to her stomach. Five months along complicated things, but she was still a good fighter and a decent beginner-level mentalist. She might yet be capable of one more job, as long as planning didn't drag on too long.

The description clicked - the young man now talking with a much older one. Without preamble, the Zeltron girl took a seat beside the newcomer. Albino-pink eyes stared out over the edges of her mirrored sunglasses, evaluating the pair.

She remained wordless.

Syriande Blue
Sep 2nd, 2004, 04:08:47 PM
He was excentric. A space pirate with the illusive skill of a firework at night and coolness of a raging fire in a hearth. How in gods name he thought he could vanish into a crowed if he was being chased is anyones guess but Blue always dressed in a attire that everyone thought of as not only odd, but crackers.

Stepping into the bar, Blue was instantly stared at. His black tricorne hat sat proudly upon his head and his cravat, wasite coat and black cape was a garb that, in his mind, was far superior to everyone elses, his mask, a brillient red today, covered his eyes and brow.

He was nothing short than stupid to be meeting secretly with the cloths he wore, but thinking he looked his best within his highwayman garb he swept over to the table from the description upon the advert and smiled.

' My name is Syri-' He caught the gaze of Dan ' Oh no...not you...' he said breathlessely

Selinica Miriya
Sep 2nd, 2004, 06:30:39 PM
Silky blonde and armed to the teeth with blades and vast mental talents, both in which she held more or less surgical skill, a lone wolf... a Sith Huntress.. shifted into the nameless establishment.

By the name of Miriya D'aen Cailis, a slender build and dimmed aura of seething putrid hatred...dimmed to keep from grabbing too much attention...did not usually work for anyone, or with anyone, for that matter. The woman disliked bounty hunters, but not enough to make a bloody effort on them. Others of her disposition were at least somewhat pleasing company to her.

Cold, icy eyes of hers seemingly twitched from being to being, and shortly came across a small group of shady-looking individuals. She smirked.

Looks like my type of people. They must be responders to the ...'ad'...

With that, her long legs pulled Miriya to the table, stopping on the way to pick up a Corellian Whiskey at the bar, and then blended in with the slowly growing group. Let's see what this is all about. the huntress thought, assessing each member of said group for a few seconds each, before landing her frozen-eyed gaze on Jandor. He must be the caller....

In a low volumed, smooth, feminine voice, the woman spoke to Jandor, holding ther whiskey glass in both gloved hands.

" May I sit?" A thin, fitting smile showed on her fair face.

Jandor
Sep 3rd, 2004, 08:47:24 AM
"Ah our party begins to assemble."

-His jovial comment shared amongst them all.
Both his hands gestured widley at the seats around the rather large (now apparently necceserily so) table.-

"Yes, it would seem that I recognise a few of you and some of you seem to recognise each other.
As such, I can saftley say that we are all in the right company."

-Jandor enjoyed the last sip of his drink before waving down the attention of a waitress to order a second.-

"Please feel free to drinks, it's mostly on me.
We still have a few more chracters to arrive before we can begin to discuss the specifics."

Cozen Dagett
Sep 3rd, 2004, 09:04:25 AM
My last job had been procuring the infamous Monet De Angelo's White Head for the man known as the Meat King. I’d slipped in and out of the Coruscanti museum months ago, picking up a fat pay check from one of Lemmens (the King’s real name) lackeys, but it hadn’t lasted. Still, it had been enough to buy a few new toys and what better way to test them out than on another job. It was time to get to work.

I looked the most unassuming of the rag-tag bunch at the table. Blue caught my eye first. Word has it that he’s one of the hubs most celebrated thieves, though I can’t say I’m inclined to believe those rumors – he stuck out like a sore thumb. I, on the other hand, had opted for something a little less flamboyant – a simple black ensemble, with plenty of pockets for hiding away the tools of my trade.

I slipped past the blonde-haired woman, not waiting for my invitation to take a seat, and then gave a nod in greeting to the man who appeared to be the leader of the group.

Mr Pulse
Sep 3rd, 2004, 09:09:11 AM
-The back?, the side? but definitley not the front; or maybe that's what he wants you to think which is exactly why he may have come through the front door.

Whatever his choosen vector of entrance, it was as sneakily clandestine as the best of them.
Not a single soul spotted his visage untill he arrived at the table; although one such as he often left a distinct wake in the force.

As if appearing out of thin air, he helped himself to a chair at the table.
The tall, gaunt gentleman was dressed all in black and capped with a wide -brimmed hat; it did well to frame is ghosty complexion, if that was his deliberate intention.

A nod and a brush of his brim acknowledged ettiquette toward Jandor, whom he had worked with many times.-

"It has been to long, friend."

-His tone was polite and welcoming but his voice was coldly mellow and whispery sharp.
But no doubt it was the erie glow of his pupils that caught first glance of those who had yet to meet this particular guardian.

Or rather, an ex-guardian.

Such individuals were very rare but were, and still are, very real.
This particular heretic had worked with Jandor back on Condor Dawn about a month ago at last word.-[/i]-

imported_L'Vek Darkivven
Sep 3rd, 2004, 06:34:35 PM
An average sized man walked into the club dressed in an open black jacket with a navy blue shirt underneath, he wore black pants with several pockets. Most of them holding gadgets for slicing, a few held single use palm stunners. His face showed no expression, but that was soon to change, he was generally an easy going person.

He walked to the bar and grabbed a mixed drink which glowed purple and occasionally red. As soon as he got the drink he walked over to the large table where the gun runners were massing. He took a seat and gave a salute to the man in charge and then a nod to the others.

Jandor
Sep 4th, 2004, 10:01:14 AM
-Jandor returns the nod.

He does not break his glancing gaze around the gathering but his words are directed over his shoulder, toward a dark corner.-

"Okay then, I think we better get started.
Show me what you've got."

Choir Aztaroth
Sep 4th, 2004, 10:14:50 AM
"Choir Aztaroth. Dark Jedi Apprentice, specializing in mentalics. Mind Tricks, dream manipulation, also decent with a lightsaber." A tight grin, a hand indicating her bulging stomach. "Not interested in suicide missions or anything involving radiation."

Lexx
Sep 4th, 2004, 10:25:40 AM
Dark Jedi apprentice, confirmed....

-The hollow words emanated from behind Jandor.
A tall man with an athleic build, stepped out from the corner; the light of the club now displaying his unusual but not entirley eyecatching suit.
The HUD and power conduits glowing in the low light, it gave a subtle hum of ultra-smooth machinery.

He sat down directley beside Jandor, he gripped a datapad in his hand, constantly inputing commands and calling up data.-

.....a mixed bunch with colorful backgrounds.
Various sources have report what they know, it seems with have with us a handfull of force users inlcuding a Sith.
As well as a theif, a hitman and a pirate.
Sources have yet to confirm but rumour suggests an assasin with possible dealings with the Black Sun.

-As he scanned through what he knew, the nod of his head pointed them out for Jandor.-

Jandor
Sep 4th, 2004, 10:36:17 AM
"Yes, yes, that's all very good sparky...."

-The use of the name Sparky summoned a silent half-snarl from tech freak; needless to say, he didn't like the name much.
He wouldn't noramly take such abuse but now was not the time to duke it out with J.

Jandor himself simply spoke on to the group.-

....but I much prefer to here what they have to say for themselves.

-He nodded to Choir and Miriya, with a particular extra twist of flair; respecting them as fellow darksiders.
Some of his words seemed to be directed more toward them before returing to others at the table.-

It's always good to have dark siders with us. As it is most gracious to be met with assasins of great skill, theives of great merit and mercenaries of great reputation.

And yes, I have a job that might interest at least some of you.
I must say, though, that such a task is not only dangerous but also quite a length outside the boundries of particular authorities.
If that is going to be a problem then I suggest that you bow out gracefuly before we start talking real buissness.

If you still wish to remain then I would invite you to a drink on me. We have much to talk of but first I would like to know about you, as I'm sure you all would like to know more about each other.

Aiden Xaar
Sep 5th, 2004, 04:08:31 PM
They were around here somewhere...this is where he had been told to be. He rubbed across the engraving on his forehead, and smiled. There they were. Striding confidantly, heavy boots thudding against the floor, long flowing leather jacket billowing around him.

As he reached the table, he grabbed a tray of barsnacks, and nodded to the waitress. "Mor' pinuts, pleas'."

Luchs Fallder
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:57:34 AM
With a stifled yawn, another being joined the group, walking around the assembly before drawing to a standing halt near Lexx. The man was fairly well built, in his early thirties. Tinted glasses covered dark, hooded eyes that watched the gathered beings hawkishly. They nestled above a small, curved nose, a downward curved mouth and squared away chin, covered in freshly shaved stubble. His garb was nothing special, a long grey coat over a cheap suit and scuffed shoes.

A small smile slid across his face as he watched Jandor talk up the crowd, giving them little hints and praises, enough to keep them interested while telling them nothing of importance. He grunted quietly to himself at Jandors suggestion of bowing out, the assorted beings here were hardly likely to do anything of the sort.

Luchs planted his hands firmly in his pockets, while he examined the thoroughly uninteresting ceiling decorations above them.

Jandor
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:49:53 AM
-At mentioning the option to duck out of the deal, not a single person was seen to flinch.
Jandor was encouraged by the healthy start, albeit slightly less chatty for his tastes.
Although, he expected nothing less from a band of mercs; hardly sharing the force-users sense of humour or asthetics.-

....Well, moving swiftly along then.

As proffesionals I'm sure you can appreciate the need for getting the right people for the jobs for the right gig; as such I would like to hear from yourselves what it is that you can do. How do you go about things.
For want of a better word, I'm asking you what kind of player you are.

Myself, I'm an ex-GJO turned dark jedi; and a violent one at that. My skills in jobs past, other then planing and leadership, mostly involve either silent take-downs or messy massacres, and a variation of clandestine combat in between.

-Jandor gestures to Lexx on his right, and Mr Pulse on his left.-

"Lexx here is the stern military type merc soldier. That suit of his is equiped up to the wazo with a plethora of toys, mostly including ordnance, enginnering tools, communications and scanning equipment.
And Pulse has a bit of a rep back on his homeworld. Either then being the only gunslinging guardian in the last two thoudand years, he's also become the first guardian to go merc. He's a regular little heretic.

I know what you guys are generaly like, but I want details. What kind of shooters are you, how do you hit people, what can you fly.
This is an open forum for us to know who we're dealing with before I lay down what we're dealing with."

Dan the Man
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:53:28 AM
"I'd rather hear what the job entails, first."

Dan leaned back in his seat slightly, twisting his glass on its coaster.

Choir Aztaroth
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:33:04 PM
"Likewise."

Selinica Miriya
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:18:24 PM
Miriya pulled a seat and sat down. She folded one arm across her midsection, and the other which was holding her drink on top of it. Then she took a sip. The whole time she was reassesing changes in the group, then returning to watching Jandor. He was smart in a sense to have given way to darker leanings. Otherwise his head would have had a greater chance of ending up under her hot blade one day.

"My interest for the moment leans in the same direction. But since you have stated you'd like to know who you're going to be working with first, I suppose I could allow that."

A small smile crept on her gentle looking face. There were always those who knew better than to judge a book by its cover. That instance was especially so in this case. Miriya spoke up.

"My skills are high, in fact surgical, in blade - That is, blades of both solid and non-solid classes. Throwing blades is higher on my skill range of projectiles than firing weapons such as blasters. I am also learned in staff-style weapons, including dual-bladed 'sabers and bo staff."

She paused to take another sip of whiskey. "I favor the areas of torture - pardon ... interrogation - and slow death. But if necessary, life ceases in less than the snap of fingers."

Such cold, cold eyes.

Syriande Blue
Sep 7th, 2004, 06:45:36 PM
Blue looked slowly away from Miriya and towards Dan with his eye brows raised sounding off a low toned whistle. There were a few in this group that already he did not like one bit. Dan the man sitting over there was a little like the man you thought you could get along with.

You know...

That man that smiles at you, says hello, pleasent enough and then suddenly pulls out a blaster and shoots your butt crack to tiney bits. Then we had this Miriya, a strange woman with the overall hobbies of cutting people with a knife bit by bit and making them suffer slowly.

Then on top all that, ammusing enough, a albino gun slinger that used to be a gaurdian and now a mercenary. Whoever a gaurdian was it did not sound extremely endiering. Infact Blue was having second thaoughts, but money on the table sounded better.

Downing his fruit juice in one, Blue motioned for another.

' Blues the name, stealing is my game, transport of stolen goods a side project.' He smiled briefly ' Thats all you need to know'

imported_L'Vek Darkivven
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:29:59 PM
After Blue was finished L'Vek spoke. "Name's L'Vek Darkevvin, most just say Vek though. I'm SpecOps more or less. Infiltration, slicing, and occasional assassination."

He paused for a moment and took a sip of his drink. The fluid was chilling at first then tickled the back of the throat tasting slightly sour. He coughed a little then continued.

"I'm also good at piloting small crafts, freighters and fighters. My weapons are standard, mostly. Blaster and vibro, although I do use palm stunners and an illigal disruptor I picked up on one of my previous jobs."

Jandor
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:42:34 AM
-He listened close to what they said, and how they said it.
He was particularly intrigued with the sith; company as interestin gas hers was few and far between.
No doubt Pulse would be as quiet and mysterious as ever and Lexx would happily enjoy taking about "thing that go bang" all day long.-

"Ah,....I see."

-His somewhat cryptic reply was to all of them.-

"Well, it's seams you are all quite anxious to hear what the job entails and so I leave the details to my more logisticaly inclined colleague."

-He spoke with a lop-sided smirk as he waved a hand toward the tall man in the visor.-

Cozen Dagett
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:28:45 AM
I chipped in my introduction to the others, keeping it short and sweet. After all, the guy wasn’t looking for a life story, just something that he could use to tailor his plan around. “Dagett. Acquisitions and larceny.”

I watched as he, then, motioned to the fruity looking fellow in the visor, and listened and silently as ever, awaiting the details of the prospective job that had garnered so much interest.

Zachariah Jak'el
Sep 9th, 2004, 09:26:44 PM
Xel watched and listened from his table a few feet away. He had also heard Jandor's call and had entered the bar e a while ago and waited for others to show up

He finished his drink and stood up from his chair and started for Jandor's table. Xel was wearing his lighter suit of power armor and had the top of his helmet off to reveal the top half of his face and the strange tatoo on his forehead. he had a blaster on each hip and a few blades and bombs around his person

"Xel-Naga, I heard your advertizment and came to over my services" He said standing at the table" I am good with anything that shoots especialy small blasters, and can also use a vibro blade very well"He looked the assemled villiany over for a moment before turning back to Jandor "I have experience with bounty hunting, assassinating, murder, torture, explosives, and I can fly small space craft"

Jandor
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:27:20 AM
OOC: Many appologies to everyone concernred in this thread. I've just started uni/college and have had trouble with net access. It seams to be fine now and so I'll commence RPIng in full shortly.
Sorry again for this guys.

IC:

"Of course, have a seat; I was just getting started.
Or rather, Lexx was about to go over the details."