PDA

View Full Version : Split from: Wow

Cardinal Aiyalin
Sep 1st, 2004, 03:50:38 PM
**cue music**

dun dun... dunnnnn!!!!!!!!

--Sorry Jen.. but that last line sounded so dramatic! You sound so mean when speaking in moderator voice.

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 1st, 2004, 03:53:34 PM
Nah, sounds like an Ubervillain being polite :P

Jacen Parami
Sep 1st, 2004, 03:56:02 PM
*runs to find his dictionary*

For you confused people:

Repercussions = Bad stuff.

:D

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 1st, 2004, 04:05:28 PM
FOOL!

...'tis Death, with a drum. :D

Syren Wyssholt
Sep 1st, 2004, 05:57:49 PM
I don't think she sounded mean at all. Not sure if it's different here but IP addies really don't mean a thing because one computer can have several addies on forums and clients such as IRC.

I was just asking if this wasn't the same thing that happened before because to be honest, I'm not convinced at all that this isn't the same guy pulling the wool of everyone's eyes again.

Besides the posts made in here, that uber long character post he made set off the first clue.

But, its been said its not a problem at the moment, so I all is good.

Jacen Parami
Sep 1st, 2004, 06:20:34 PM
Yeah...I was suspicious about the uber-post. But apparently, he's from Britain...and I don't think the other guy was. So unless he's come up with a really elaborate cover-story this time...I think he's a new guy.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 1st, 2004, 07:14:50 PM
It's not really very polite to dissect people like this. :)

Jandor
Sep 1st, 2004, 11:10:35 PM
No, please, dissect away.

You're the senior members and so if there's a problem please mod away to your hearts content.
I'm here because you let me be here so you guys do whatever you feel you need to.

Personaly, I kinda understand what you're talking about (although I've missed out on all the references to the old guy).
I have seen this kind of thing before on another board that I frequent but your old guy seemed to leave a more bitter impression.
Anway, the point is that I know how sensitive (and anoying) the subject of user decite can be and so I'm not comfortable until you are.

If you'd like, I can suspend my RP involvement untill you've reached a conclusion; sound good?

Taataani Meorrrei
Sep 1st, 2004, 11:14:25 PM
We don't care, DarKnight. Seriously.

Arya Ravenwing
Sep 1st, 2004, 11:26:46 PM
RP away. :)

imported_Firebird1
Sep 1st, 2004, 11:41:26 PM
1) No need to suspend your involvement...You can keep on RPing...

2) This taking over of other peoples account is a little on the stupid, The Mods and Admins should work on contacting the guy who had the accounts earlier.

Or

Write a rule up dictating how this should be admitted by both parties, in this or another forum.

3) This should be at all costs a one time occurance...

Sorry to knock on a new kid, but it is a little unusual for this to happen.

And he was bitter?

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 2nd, 2004, 02:01:22 AM
--Sorry Jen.. but that last line sounded so dramatic! You sound so mean when speaking in moderator voice.

>D Good!

2) This taking over of other peoples account is a little on the stupid, The Mods and Admins should work on contacting the guy who had the accounts earlier.

Why? If this new person has the accounts, then he has obviously been in contact with the previous owner to get access to them. If the original owner had a problem with what had happened, it would be quite easy for him to register another name here and express his concern.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 2nd, 2004, 02:23:42 AM
Hmmm.

FB1's right, this is all a wee bit odd

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 2nd, 2004, 02:34:30 AM
It is, however there is no need for people to start pointing the finger. Anything that needs to be dealt with, the staff will handle. Thank you for your concern :)

As an aside, I'd like to reiterate that trading accounts is perfectly legal. There's nothing to stop RPers trading characters with one another. It happens frequently, without the staff being notified directly. There are exceptions to the rule of course - I mean, I couldn't swap Dasquian for Marcus, because of my moderator status, but that isn't problem in this case.

General Tohmahawk
Sep 2nd, 2004, 02:36:02 AM
Originally posted by Marcus Telcontar
Hmmm.

FB1's right, this is all a wee bit odd

No, scratch that, it makes sense now.

NINJA EDIT! - A bit of allied network magic and it's all clear now. Hello, Mr not DarkKnight :)

Ninja Edit! - Oh I like a good ninja edit

Edit - Damn, second Ninja edit denied :(

Cardinal Aiyalin
Sep 2nd, 2004, 04:57:17 AM
:)

I honestly don't see why, if consensual (sp?), people can't trade accounts.

At first, I held a cizerack account (I think it was Saa) but then I stopped RPing.. so another person (LD, if I'm correct) took it over. No big deal.

I know it may sound like an odd coincidence, but I have a feeling that's all it really is. We should make the new guy feel welcome, not outcast :).

Jandor
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:30:41 AM
Oh good.
I'm glad it's settled.

At least I think it's settled.

If I haven't mentioned it before, I thought I'd point out that you guys are a little on the weird side.
Although you probably know that already don't you?

Anyway, thanks again; I'm sure I'll enjoy the boards immensley.

Cardinal Aiyalin
Sep 2nd, 2004, 10:43:42 AM
Hey.. now think about it...

Would we really be RPING on a STAR WARS website if we weren't a little off in the head?

They're bad enough by themselves.. but when you combine the two people look at you a little funny.

Jandor
Sep 2nd, 2004, 10:50:37 AM
Touche.

Jacen Parami
Sep 2nd, 2004, 12:40:32 PM
Just checking...you're name's Matt, right? I think you said that somewhere...would you rather be referred to by that, or by something else? Just wondering...

Oh, and I forgot to ask in my PM. If you've got any AOL/MSN/Yahoo details, can you PM me them? Thanksie!