View Full Version : Arcanus Application

Arcanus Kaze
Sep 1st, 2004, 12:05:25 PM
Note: This is a brief version. I posted before and it didn't register.

Character name:Arcanus Kaze

Character Profile: Relatively passive, until a fight starts.

Character History: Born from poor family. Sold to slave trader. Experimented on to become perfect fighter. Failed, or so they thought. Made a living as a pit fighter. Put body to hell, became a champion. Left to become Sith.

Character Motivations: Wishes to become powerful and gain power, like those that made his family poor, terminated the project, etc.

Character Skills: Good with melee, especially fists, and weapons.

Why should we accept you: Because I am loyal.

Roleplaying example: None.

Do you understand that your application can be rejected: Yes.

Have you read the rules: Nope. COuldn't find it.

Southstar
Sep 2nd, 2004, 09:06:27 AM
I vote no admittance based on lack of roleplaying example and failure to read the rules.

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 2nd, 2004, 03:46:41 PM
Arcanus, you've been polite and you seem reasonably articulate. Bravo. Thing is, you need to take a little more time with the whole application process, from reading to posting. Improve your application, and I may change my vote.

Also, it might help to wait until you've done some writing on SWFans before applying again. We've had a few bad experiences with people whose first posts have been application threads. Develop your character in at least one thread before coming back.

Cheers!

Arcanus Kaze
Sep 2nd, 2004, 06:59:59 PM
Okay...

Question, does the example have to be from this forum? Or can it be from a different one?

If not then I will find somewhere to post.

If so, then here are a few from StarWarsRPG.net:
http://www.starwarsrpg.net/forums/showthread.php?p=146231
http://www.starwarsrpg.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11012
http://www.starwarsrpg.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11377

And also, I can't FIND the rules, unless you mean FAQ, which I could not find an answer.

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 3rd, 2004, 12:10:52 PM
Hmm...

You've got potential, I'll give you that. The fact that your writing is on SWRPG rather than SWFans seems irrelevant, at least to me; you're still a decent RP'er.

Yes.

Arcanus Kaze
Sep 3rd, 2004, 07:53:45 PM
*raises gauntlets in salute*

Thank you.

It said from SWFans, so I wasn't sure if it would do.

Thanks again..

Do I have to wait for SouthStar to post? Going to post anyways, if not a problem.

EDIT: Um... where do I start, so many possiblities..

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 3rd, 2004, 09:04:45 PM
This group has more than two members, of which I'm hardly a critical vote. You have to wait for a few more voters to post.

You need four more 'yes's' from the following list-

Lady Vader
Live Wire
Darth Vader
Warlock/Vega Van-Derveld
Southstar
Dark Lord Rivin

-for a total of five 'yes' votes.

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 4th, 2004, 07:16:36 AM
Yes.

Southstar
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:14:10 PM
Upon reading the example I vote yes.

Lady Vader
Sep 8th, 2004, 11:14:12 AM
Yes

Arcanus Kaze
Sep 9th, 2004, 06:51:01 AM
Yay!!!

Uno Mas!!

Dark Lord Rivin
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:47:50 PM
Yes I guess this would be alright to say (Since I'm the fifth yes), Welcome aboard.

Arcanus Kaze
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:15:19 AM
Sweet...

Um.. where do I go from here?

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 1st, 2004, 11:12:06 AM
Why, 'tis simplicity itslef: post. You're a member of TSO. Get to know the other members. Eventually you should be able to find a Master (personally, I'm at my limit for Apprentices, but there are many capable teachers) and then your training begins. Bonne chance!

HanLaoTai
Feb 23rd, 2005, 12:42:18 PM
I Have Once again returned infront of the council.

Am I a member of the sith yet?

I appologise I have been absent for so long but now I am back.

Did i miss anything?

Je'gan Olra'en
Feb 23rd, 2005, 03:39:58 PM
Step 1: Make your own recruitment thread, using the advice we gave you last time you applied.

Step 2: Try to tell the difference between In Character (IC) and Out Of Character (OOC) These recruitment threads are almost always OOC; thus, speaking IC all of a sudden makes such threads confusing to read.

Step 3: Wait for votes. This can easily take weeks. You need five 'yes' votes for acceptance. If somebody gives a 'pending' until you change something, either attempt to convince them logically or simply change what has to be changed. Remember that this is a more or less pure SW forum. In general, we don't do curses.