View Full Version : Bounty Hunters, Mercenaries, Solo dark jedi and the like...

Jandor
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:24:00 PM
I noticed that there are a lot of bounty hunter types out there but not very many jobs.

Just out of cuirosity, how many unaffiliated, unemployed mercenaries out there?
This includes all forms of freelance hitmen, retrevers, bodyguards, soldiers and even rougue sith.

If you don't mind me asking, of course.

imported_L'Vek Darkivven
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:51:00 PM
One that I know of, moi. L'Vek Darkevvin, freelance hitman by your standards.

Aliya Vahlshalynn
Aug 31st, 2004, 09:23:44 PM
Diplomat and Assassin... if required ;)

Aiden Xaar
Aug 31st, 2004, 09:45:10 PM
Aiden Xaar. Assass'n, Puyrate, Mercenary, and all-round dirty lil' scallywag. *bows theatrically* At yer service.

Oy mostly kill men. Tha's wuy they call me th' Widowmaker. Its fuun. :D

Charley
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:14:50 PM
I've been known to control a few of those scum.

Jandor
Sep 1st, 2004, 01:11:47 AM
The reason I ask is actualy to serve a purpose.

Like I said, I've notice that there are allot of mercs out there at a lose end, alot of decent rpers controling some really interesting characters.

That's when I realised what an untapped reasource that is.

Just humour me for a momment but what if we banded together to form a small group; well, more of a gang really.
As a group of a dozen or more we could be a bigger presence, as a force we could see more action.
We could conduct entire RPs togther without the need for any real employers, just using NPCs.
A mix of mercs, assasins and the like all bound and driven to toward the same goal of profit (and fun).

So what do you guys think, is there an interesting idea in there or am I just talking c**p?

imported_Marcus
Sep 1st, 2004, 01:40:53 AM
Crap isnt a censored word here.

I think sentiment is good - but it's been tried before and by sort of by definition, the type of scum and villany tend to work alone and be allergic to working in groups. IMO anyway

Charley
Sep 1st, 2004, 01:43:19 AM
Yes but clop is! :mad

EDIT: It isn't? Awesome. I can now say clop to my heart's content, without fear of reprisal!

As for Jandor's proposal, such a group already exists. It will eat your group, or something.

Jandor
Sep 1st, 2004, 02:09:41 AM
Yes I know, but that's kind of the point isn't it.

Most other groups like that are really serious and really close.
I'm talking more of a lose, casual band of miscreants.
One which doesn't require the approval of five memebers and a week of discussion.

Just a rag-tag mix of disorderly proffesionals.
We would no doubt have closer circles build up within the group but such social activities are inevitable.

The key point here is proffesional but casual.
We wouldn't have a base of operations or a ship; we just pick meeting points and steal ships as we go.
We only ever gather to do jobs and even then we only gather whoever is neccesary.
i.e. say we have 20 members but the job requires finesse and so we only call the jedi, the diplomat, the assassin and the hacker.
Or, if it was the hyjacking of a ship from some paramilitary outfit then we would call the soldiers, the pilot, the heavy gunners and the pyro's.

Okay, not so much a gang as a club.
The hellfire club if you will.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 1st, 2004, 02:13:33 AM
One which doesn't require the approval of five memebers and a week of discussion.

As far as I know, none of the current groups do this. You just have to talk to one of the members and they'll get you involved :)

i.e. say we have 20 members but the job requires finesse and so we only call the jedi, the diplomat, the assassin and the hacker.

the Jedi?

Jandor
Sep 1st, 2004, 02:16:07 AM
Sorry, let me rephrase.

Not all the jedi, just a jedi.
Namley me. :P

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 1st, 2004, 04:17:18 AM
Originally posted by Jandor
Sorry, let me rephrase.

Not all the jedi, just a jedi.
Namley me. :P

????????

What would a genuine Jedi be doing involved in a group like that? Yes I quite realise I would be the right Jedi for such a thing, but I'm no longer what you would call genuine. And to be honest, if it wasnt for the Lost Jedi definition, I could not be called a Jedi - a Jedi not just a lable, it's a way of life and it would be unlikely a Jedi would want to be in it.

Maybe a loose confederation of scum to be sure, but I'm not sure anything other than a weaker Force User would want to be near it. certainly not a Jedi. Could be a case for a dark sider, but they would be more trying to manipulate the group for their own ends.

Be that as it may, I cant really think of such a group being held together for long, except for somethign Charley is up to his neck in. On that I could be proven wrong as the AVGAS has rotted the memory. But I cant really occuring it workign for long.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 1st, 2004, 04:19:01 AM
I hope you mean Dark Jedi.

Jandor
Sep 1st, 2004, 06:01:24 AM
Yes of course, simply a matter of me being to lazy to have typed in the dark.
Sorry about that.

And yes, I wouldn't expect many force users at all; other then myself I shouldn't think such a line of work would suit a dark jedi.

Buy of course any non-lawful types would be welcome.

Choir Aztaroth
Sep 1st, 2004, 08:01:40 AM
:wave

Sixteen-year-old-gangster/Darksider-on-maternity-leave, present and accounted for.

That is, if you don't mind Choir's being under a little-used obedience curse...:uhoh

Aiden Xaar
Sep 1st, 2004, 08:41:14 AM
[temporary pause in lame attemt at typing in an irish accent]

I can think of a few ways this could happen...I'm trying to work out which one it is.

1. There is a core organisation that gets jobs. All of us scum-types are "on the books", and if they need help, they call in who is availiable. The core organisation would probably be mixed in with something legit, like a club, or something. Only thing is, that's a bit like SFF.

2. The group is merely there to help out each other. If I got given a job that I needed a sniper (for example) on, I can contact the group, and ask for help. If there's a sniper among us, they can come and help me out.

3. When you use the term "gang", I can't help thinking that we all work together, doing the same stuff. The fact that we "steal ships as we go" implies that we're already working in a crew. If you're looking for something along those lines, Aiden has just inherited a ship, so we could use that.

I hate to admit it, but I think Marcus is right. A group like this might work for an RP every here and there, but its not really the makings of a solid organisation...not without the backing of someone like Charley. It'd only work with support from one of the other crime organisations. SFF is around, the Ciz' have Black Sun going on, or something, and I think Minion has some thugs about.

Unless you get some of the veterans on the boards to support this, it won't happen. Its unfortunate, because the vets are unlikely to get involved. But there we go.

You'd be better off (I think) having Jandor make some criminal buddies, and doing it that way - Jandor can call us together every now and again, for an RP or two. You might be able to organise a few things like that, especially if you can find a few legitimate businesses or targets for us to go up against. If we do it often enough, and get to know the people (IC) really well...it might grow into something else. You're better off starting from the bottom, and making your way slowly up.

Trust me...I know these things. I'm British, and I'm a smart-(insert three-letter word for your rear end here). ;)

Jandor
Sep 1st, 2004, 09:47:45 AM
Indubitably, I'm british myself and an ex public school boy at that; so I suppose that makes me smart, possibley even smarter. 8)

But yes, I here what your saying and I agree.
If this is really going to work and last then I'm going to have to do it right.
But that still requires me having "criminal buddies" which I will still have to do which is why that this thread is useful for tracking them down.

So, in light of experienced-based advice, I am instead offering a more personal invitation to anyone who is interested to join a small group of criminal colleagues; which would include myself of course.
Having said that, I suppose that from here on in all interested parties should communicate via PM rather then here.

So just to wrap up I'm saying that the club concept is out (for now) and I am inviting individuals to PM me if they are interested in a more personal arangement of criminals.

Who knows, in a few years we may end up being in the same league as SFF or the Black Sun (touch wood).

Charley
Sep 1st, 2004, 10:12:45 AM
Originally posted by Aiden Xaar
the Ciz' have Black Sun going on

Black Sun is not affiliated with the Cizerack Pride TMYK

Trust me...I know these things. I'm British, and I'm a smart-(insert three-letter word for your rear end here). ;)

Yeah but British people use the four letter variant :huh

Arya Ravenwing
Sep 1st, 2004, 11:09:27 AM
Maybe not all the time... :huh

I am a smuggler, which you didn't ask for, but I'm not too picky about who I work for. My current employer might be picky about who I work for, but Arya isn't.

Charley
Sep 1st, 2004, 11:10:35 AM
Her current employer is picky about who she works for, yes.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 1st, 2004, 08:57:44 PM
Most of us rouge-types are loners.

Jandor
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:34:05 AM
Yes, of course I will have to take that into consideration.
Besides, there's bound to be a few not quite so loner types out there which works out well because I'm only looking for a few.

But anyway, for those few who are interested you can just turn up here (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36704) for a clandestine IC meet-the-crew session.

Jarek T'chort
Sep 2nd, 2004, 09:00:00 AM
If mercs etc want jobs then pop by the Sovereignty. I may have uses for you.

Jandor
Sep 2nd, 2004, 10:48:57 AM
I'll be keeping that in mind. ;)

Syriande Blue
Sep 2nd, 2004, 03:37:14 PM
This guys a space pirate but i do have a Hitman, ill give it some thought.

Selinica Miriya
Sep 2nd, 2004, 06:51:42 PM
I replied to the thread. By the way, I have my own ship, which is a standard for most of my characters, it seems.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:28:40 PM
I got locked up in the looney bin. No joke :(

You eat a few people and they think you're a lunatic :|

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:10:54 PM
Well, in your case, they were right.

;)

Mr Pulse
Sep 3rd, 2004, 09:19:04 AM
Hey, I use bleach for face-soap and white phosphorus for contact lenses so I suppose I'm not too much better.

Wibble.
That's Mr Wibble to you.

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 6th, 2004, 07:33:16 AM
HEY!

COULD WE GET SOMETHING LIKE A POSTING ORDER SET? THANKS ALL! [/Choir]

Slayn Cloak
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:29:35 PM
I haven't read all the posts in this thread because my net connection is down; I am however starting a group like this. Infact, as I recall I invited you to it. These things take time guy.

Lexx
Sep 9th, 2004, 10:47:54 AM
You did?
I'm sorry, but my poor memmory skills seemed to have failed me.

Sorry.