PDA

View Full Version : In the Garden...(Wei)

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 30th, 2004, 07:53:20 PM
How long had it been since she'd visited this place, it was still as beautiful as she had remembered. So many memories had lingered for her here.

Quay smiled as she began to hear the first whispers as she entered, her animal senses perked to perfection as she slowly walked along the small path to the outer balcony.

It's her, I know it. I can tell...

No, it's not she left I saw her on the other side of town not long ago and she has changed...

This not Quay, she too big to be Quay...

The Padawan snickered as she glanced into the trees at all the whispering...birds, crows to be exact.

It is me, my friends, I have returned. She telepathically told them but allowed her message to be sent to all the animals of the garden and within moments, she was flocked by chattering animals of all shapes and sizes.

She nuzzled their necks or gently pet their fur or feathers, this place was something she had missed and it seemed, the animals had missed her as well. They seemed to take al her troubles away for the moment, but her mind couldn't and wouldn't let them go that easily.

She sighed deeply as she thought of the very person who had nearly caused her to drift into the darker regions not very long ago.

[i[Brent Yagher, the father of her child.[/i] Quay detested him and deep down, she needed to talk to her new master, for last night...she believed to have had a vision and everything that Quay was longing and working towards could be easily torn away.

Earlier, she had left a message for Master Wei to meet her in the gardens when he had some time, she hoped he would arrive soon. But, for the time being, she conversed with her animal friends.

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 31st, 2004, 09:01:21 PM
Wei watched but a few feet away, taking in the rather odd scene before him.

"I've never seen so many animals in my life. Truly, she must have the gift."

Wei watched a moment more before quietly clearing his throat, so as not to cause a ruckus.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 31st, 2004, 09:08:07 PM
Quay looked up and smiled as some of the animals scampered off in different directions.

The Padawan stood and greeted her Master accordingly with a bow. "I hope I've not disturbed you, Master. But, I really need to talk to you about something that has been weighing on my mind since last night."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 3rd, 2004, 12:04:21 PM
Wei smiled and shrugged. "You're not a disturbance at all. What kind of teacher would I be if I didn't offer to help my Padawans when they needed me?"

He stepped closer to Quay'Na. "What's on your heart and mind?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 4th, 2004, 07:58:05 AM
"The father of my child, knows I'm pregnant and he knows I'm here, I've felt him watching me. He comes off acting like you're his best friend and that he's interested in what you do. But, in all reality, he's plotting against you. Just as he is me, right now."

Quay sighed deeply. 'I had a dream last night, but it didn't feel like a dream...." She paused for a few minutes.

"Master...he was in the courts fighting for my child against you and the Jedi. I wasn't there..." Another pause.

"Master, I think, I'm going to die."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 4th, 2004, 10:57:56 AM
Inwardly, Wei's attention was thoroughly piqued, but on the outside, Wei didn't let it show.

"Now where would you get an idea like that?"

Wei spoke in a calm, even, light-hearted tone. "Now I've known Jedi to have dreams that were indicative of future outcomes, but that does not necessarily mean that nightmares guarantee bad futures. We will be on guard for him here. No one gets into the Jedi compound without permission and makes it out alive. Especially if they belong to the Darkside. You might say that Jedi take their personal space very seriously."

The Knight opened his arms and beckoned his Padawan to him for a hug.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 4th, 2004, 12:43:02 PM
Quay'Na went to him and spoke softly. "I'm not afraid of dying, Master, if that is what the Force chooses of me. But, I cannot bear the fact of Brent getting custody of my son. Please, Master...I beg of you, if worst comes to worst and something happens, don't let that monster get my son. I want Aramis to grow within these Jedi walls."

Hot tears rolled down Quay's cheeks, she had tried to control these emotions, but when it had to do with her son, it was near impossible.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 4th, 2004, 01:52:42 PM
Wei held the girl tightly. The poor girl had been through so much.

"Don't you worry yourself one bit. Your child is safe here, as are you. And besides that, you have other friends as well," he said, indicating the animals in the trees. I'm sure they would help you too."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 4th, 2004, 07:22:18 PM
Quay felt her mind ease a bit as she thought of the support from her master, her family and all her friends, including the animals that were listening to her at this very moment.

In a more controlled tone, she began. "Brent Yagher is Aramis' father, but he doesn't deserve it." She sniffed. "Aramis wasn't conceived out of love...I was forced after he..."

Quay had to stop for a moment then continued. "He drugged me and there was nothing I could do, except to pray for it to be over. Aramis is never to know of this, because the father that it should have been couldn't handle knowing this and left me."

Quay shook her head as she thought of how unfair this had been and worse yet, there was still more to tell. Things she had to get off her chest, to be able to become the mother that she longed to be, if that were the will of the Force.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:31:50 PM
Another one. Wei shook his head. "I'm sorry that happened to you."

The words sounded empty and hollow. But he knew he couldn't do anything about it. Well, except one thing. "Quay Na, there is another like you. Her name is Lillian Snow. She too has a child like yours. His name is Titian. They're both good people. You two could maybe get together and talk about what you went through. It would be good for you, I think."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:08:44 PM
Quay'Na nodded. "I'd like that, maybe talking to another about the feelings of what happened would probably help me out a lot. I try to forget it most of the time, but it all comes back to me when I feel him lurking about."

She walked over to one of the potted plants by a black rod iron bench. "There is something I do need to tell you, Master. While I was away..." She sighed. "I came close to...killing him."

Disapointment was in her voice as she slumped to the bench. "I couldn't take the taunting and I was so messed up then. THe love of my life had left me and..." She looked down as she toyed with a loose string on her tunic. "There was no excuse for what I nearly did and all it did was put me into the hospital with early labor for a few days."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:37:30 PM
The Knight remained where he was as she went over to the bench to sit.

"No, there was no excuse for it, now is there?" he said solemnly. "But considering your circumstances, I think I can understand how it would not be entirely your fault. I won't hold you in contempt for what you did. You are all right now, and on the right track--that speaks volumes about the kind of person you are. And you, miss, are a good person."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:56:27 PM
Another tear slipped down her cheek. "I long to be, Master. I want to train to be a good Jedi and yet when Brent comes around I feel as if I'm having to take steps backwards. He taunts me in real life and his voice haunts me in my dreams. I don't know what to do."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 9th, 2004, 12:48:30 PM
"You know what you do? You tell that voice to stuff it, that's what you do. You get serious about your business and get the job done. You make the voice eat its words."

Wei made it a point to sound confident, and positive. Attitudes wer contagious, and perhaps a good attitude was all his Padawan needed to be made right.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 9th, 2004, 08:50:15 PM
The fight was still in Quay, she just had to search for it a bit harder now. She could tell that since becoming a soon-to-be-mom, her heart had softened a bit.

Her ways weren't so ratical and she often tried to think of what she was doing now instead of plowing into it blindly.

Quay knew she just needed to hear it from someone, to get her mind back on track. The Padawan perked up a bit.

She did feel more confident now. "I'll do that, Master." Quay told him as she stood. Those feelings of dread were beginning to go away.

"I don't want to break, Master and Brent knows how to get to me."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 10th, 2004, 12:10:17 PM
Wei shrugged. "Well, that's what your fellow Jedi are for. To help you keep on track and resist the temptations of the Darkside. No worries, we're going to keep you accountable."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 10th, 2004, 03:46:41 PM
Quay'Na looked at him and gave him a half smile. "Thanks, Master Wei. I going to do my best for the Order, my son and society. I want to be a Jedi, it's all I ever wanted to do since Master Ira came to me seven years ago."

She sighed and smiled softly as she thought of the aged master. "Ira's teachings seem like a lifetime ago. She was a good teacher and I'll never forget her."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 10th, 2004, 03:53:12 PM
Wei nodded. "We all have such teachers. I was very close to my grandpa in that sense. He taught me most everything I know."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 10th, 2004, 03:59:57 PM
"My adoptive dad was that way, we'd spend entire days together flying or working on ships, he and my younger sister. We were quite the threesome, I think that's why my adoptive mom was so jealous of the three of us always hanging out. She was just plain mean."

Quay shook her head. "I have no idea what father saw in her or I should say what he didn't." She laughed slightly.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 10th, 2004, 06:50:54 PM
Wei Wu Wei could only laugh. "I'm sorry to hear that." He honestly was sorry, but he could not help but at least smile at his Padawan's last comment.

"I can't say my mother is like that. I'm sure you'll be a much better mother than your adoptive mother was."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 10th, 2004, 08:52:11 PM
"Oh, I plan on it, Master. I'm gonna love this child like there's no tomorrow." She smiled and then blinked when her eyes suddenly blurred.

That was strange.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 10th, 2004, 10:43:22 PM
"Are you all right?"

Quay's eyes suddenly fluttered wildly, and it worried the Knight greatly. "Is something wrong?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:34:20 AM
The Padawan rubbed her eyes and a few moments later, they cleared.

"My eyes are acting all wacky, Master. They're alright now, that's happened a couple of times now. Craziness." She shook her head and sighed. "All comes with pregnancy, I guess."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 11th, 2004, 08:16:08 AM
"I wouldn't know," the man replied.

"So, what else is going on with you today?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:22:22 PM
"I'm thinking about calling my father at Naboo and see if he'd like to come this way for a visit. I've not seen him in a long time. Not since about Christmas, when he gave me the manor."

That gave her an idea. "Master, after the baby is born, I'd like to take you to my manor in Naboo for a week or so. It was my families summer home and now it's mine, servants and all. Of course, I let them stay there all the time."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 11th, 2004, 09:44:49 PM
Wei nodded. "We can most certainly do that. In fact, we could also have your training there if you'd like."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 12th, 2004, 07:09:36 AM
"That would be awesome, ever since my father gave me the place I haven't really stayed there much and it's a beautiful manor." She stood and had a smile on her face.

"My two dad's are both great and soon you'll meet them both, my birth dad Cordell works at a big shipping company as a manager or something. Jerib, my adoptive father is a retired fighter pilot instructor, he had a stroke a couple of years ago and now he zooms around in his repulser chair. It's rather funny."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 12th, 2004, 11:11:56 AM
Wei laughed. "I'm sure it is quite funny. So, how are you getting along with the other Jedi here?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 12th, 2004, 03:57:25 PM
"I've not been out too much, though while I was gone I did meet Shade Magus and Jacen and I'm very good friends with River Kincaid, I think his daughter still goes here...Hunter."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 13th, 2004, 12:56:04 PM
Wei nodded. "Well, that all sounds well and good. Glad to hear that you are getting re-aquainted."

Wei paused a moment, and glanced quickly at his chrono. "Is there anything else you would like to ask me about, or wanted to discuss?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 15th, 2004, 08:31:00 PM
Quay shook her head. "No, Master. I...I just had to get that stuff off my chest, it's been messing with my head. I hope I haven't disrupted your schedule too much."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 16th, 2004, 06:56:50 AM
Wei chuckled and waved his hand in a dismissing gesture. "What schedule? My Padawans come first, and besides, if I miss any Council business, I'm sure to be caught up on it later. However, it is getting to be food time. You hungry?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 16th, 2004, 03:51:05 PM
A shy smile came over the Padawan's face. "I'm always hungry, Master." She told him quietly.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:01:03 PM
Wei chuckled. "I guess that would be true, considering you've got to eat enough for two now. So, let's go get something to eat, and then I need to run a few errands."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:05:59 PM
Quay nodded with a smile. "Sounds great. Let's go."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 17th, 2004, 08:07:43 AM
Wei smiled and helped her up from the bench, then the two of them headed for the Bar and Grill.