PDA

View Full Version : Preparations for the Assault on Bestine

Telan Desaria
Aug 30th, 2004, 07:20:50 PM
Keep the OOC banter to a minimum or out altogether. This is for planning.

As things stand, in the preparation thread, I have rped the continual training of the II Corps of the Imperial Guards, commanded by Viscount Vinjent Desaria. Approximately 30,000 troops are deployed with that unit. Also in range for deployment will the XLI Infantry Corps should reinforcements be needed.

As far as the Fleet stands, I require a status report from Admiral Hagen/Tchort and Teleran.

Tear, I would like you to rp if possible the rigging of several large bridges, damns, et al with explosives. So, if we need to, they can be blown with the Rebels on them.

Everyone has done a wonderful job thus far - let us keep it up.

Travis North
Aug 30th, 2004, 07:46:30 PM
The world is ours Sir. It shall not fall easily.

Oops - OOC Banter

Well my Squadron is pretty messed up. I took several casualties and I don't think replacemnets would by that handy to fill in the blanks. The other squadrons also have their losses. I do believe though we still have enough fighter support to smite any reprisel raid.

Teleran Balades
Aug 30th, 2004, 10:16:39 PM
4th Response Squadron status:

Feanor- Manuevering thrusters non-functional, minor hull damage, tropedoes expended, some fighters destroyed.

Malice- Heavy damage- in need of repairs, torpedoes expended, some fighters destroyed.

Defiler and Maelstrom- Fully functional.

I have three battalions and support teams ready to be deployed whenever they are needed.

Stealth corvette situation: The Spectres are Inquisitorate vessels. To pull of the little stealth 'vette thing I'll need to NPC an Inquisitor and a reason for one to be at Bestine.

That's about it for my part. I'll Rp something about laying a minefield and whatever else if we need it. Oh, My next R&D project is a Mobile Repair Station. I think one would be helpful at Bestine right now. I don not have the specs for the thing yet, can I still RP the station showing up?

Tear
Aug 31st, 2004, 01:37:06 AM
Will do.

Admiral Hagen
Aug 31st, 2004, 06:39:44 AM
Dagger Fleet

ISD MkIV Antiphas - Fully functional

ISD MkIV Ovid - Minimal hull damage

ISDMkIV Leon - Numerous bridge and superstructure batteries inoperable, TIE fighter wings decimated

ISDmkIV Barzel - Destroyed in action, 73% crew loss.

Two Interdictors and two Neb-B's also lost.
Tel - the MRS'd be very useful, go right ahead.

Jarek T'chort
Aug 31st, 2004, 06:47:03 AM
I'll introduce the Imperial Air Cavalry arriving in my next post.

Also - what sort of naval equipment do we posses aside from AT-AT swimmers and seatroopers?

Travis North
Aug 31st, 2004, 07:07:18 AM
We do have these available. My first creation I knew they would come in handy for a battle on a water world. TIE/aq (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34315) The design still needs approval but I'm sure they could be manufactured in a short amount of time to send at least one wing of these fighters to aid the military at Bestine.

Jarek T'chort
Aug 31st, 2004, 09:12:11 AM
Originally posted by Travis North
We do have these available. My first creation I knew they would come in handy for a battle on a water world. TIE/aq (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34315) The design still needs approval but I'm sure they could be manufactured in a short amount of time to send at least one wing of these fighters to aid the military at Bestine.
Ah yes, good work, stamped and approved. Imperial production facilities on Eriadu can set to work on them asap.

Telan Desaria
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:50:33 AM
Field repairs are to commence immediately.

Orders from High Command:
To the Fleet Units over Bestine

4th Response Squadron to take up positions covering the Thyferran/Imperial side of the planet. You will act as reserves. Your two damaged ships will be placed farther out to act as weapons platforms and be kept from enemy fire until repairs are affected. Deviation from plan will be acceptable after submission thereof.

Dagger Squadron
Deploy on Coreward/Republic side of planet. Any assault will be staged therefrom and as yours is strongest must be used to blunt it. Stage your pickets ahead of time and may use the 15th Interdictor Squadron that has arrived. It has attached four frigates you can use to augment your perimeter defenses. Also it has as it primary compliment six Constrainer-class Interdiction Pickets - - deploy these far forward and keep them running. Any Republic fleet will thusly drop out of hyperspace far enough forward to give us ample reaction time.

Army Notes
1st Air Cavalry Squadron/1st Air-Landing Division will be attached to the Sixth Army under Colonel-General von Klemmerer. Your unit will be attached to the XLI Infantry Corps for the time being. Your neighbor unit will be the 17th Panzer-Grenadier Guards Division/II Guard Corps.

Other Notes:

An Inquisitoriate detail will arrive on station to oversee internal security measures. You may rp an Inquisitor acting in this capacity for whatever means you see fit.

To Tear
You are ICly reprimanded for your abuse of prisoners and your lack of showing them the courtesy due to honourable combatants.

OOCly - - -nicely done. Very evil, very..Intelligence like. You are the best Intel rper I think I have ever had or rped with. Congrats.

However -- on that note. Regarding the rules of warfare.
Any soldier caught in uniform and serving a given cause ie the Republic will be taken and treated according to the rules of honour. Any man caught out of uniform in a combat capacity will be executed as a terrorist and insurgent.

Exceptions - Troops in uniform that attack unarmed forces ie Medical Convoys will be executed as contravening the standards of honour. Logistics does not apply as they are armed and serving in a military capacity.

Note - -in addition to standard Main Battle tanks we use the Greivance Mark VI -
http://www.galacticempire.org/
look in the technical readouts/vehichles section. Only exception is ours has a crew of five.

Telan Desaria
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:52:04 AM
Also - Colonel North - Remember, you are an Officer of the Guards now. Your replacement fighters and replacement pilots arrived as soon as the battle was won.

Also - reserve munitions for warships such as torpedoes et al arrived as well. Though, you must rp the arrival and continuing inlvux of Department of Logistics Transports

Travis North
Aug 31st, 2004, 11:01:17 AM
Sorry hadn't noticed Sir. Looks like I have reading to do and posting.

Telan Desaria
Aug 31st, 2004, 11:23:55 AM
Yes -

Travis North, Colonel
Commanding Officer, 2nd Wing of the Imperial Guards

Teleran Balades
Sep 3rd, 2004, 06:30:27 PM
I'd like to do some Char. development, but I dno't think this is the thread to do it. I would like to RP some hostilities between balades and the Inquisitor seeing as Balades is a defector from the Republic. Is that acceptable?

Telan Desaria
Sep 4th, 2004, 03:40:49 PM
Of course. Any char rp you do is acceptable. However -- you did the right thing by asking as it does affect the rest of us - - - but you may place it in the Bestine thread if u wish, making mention of defenses et al.

Telan Desaria
Sep 10th, 2004, 10:31:55 AM
Things have begun.

Deployment is as ordered. My two Centurions will also be there simply because I havent gotten to use them yet.

We will still be outnumbered - but now out teeth will be a little sharper.

Tiberius Anar
Sep 11th, 2004, 03:46:41 PM
If possible wait until the Senate thread is done before opening hostilities. I'd rather we do this by the book.

Tear
Sep 11th, 2004, 03:49:35 PM
The Republic already jumped the gun. I would have liked to finish both post republic counter attack threads before the actual counter attack.

Teleran Balades
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:44:08 PM
Yeah, Tie asked if I was ready after starting the thread. I wasn't able to do what I had planned to.

Telan Desaria
Sep 11th, 2004, 11:35:32 PM
pm him - - - see if we can hold. ZTiberius - - does Lion support this?

Tiberius Anar
Sep 12th, 2004, 07:48:54 AM
I'll find out

Jarek T'chort
Sep 12th, 2004, 09:23:50 AM
I'm sure Lion and Reshmar will resolve it, just seems like a little over enthusiasm on TIE's part.

Tiberius Anar
Sep 12th, 2004, 02:47:40 PM
He's one of ours, right? If he is, someone in authority ask him to wait until we give the go ahead. I'll ask Lion and Reshmar to do the same with their people. There is still the possibility that the plan will be changed by the senate and if that happens we will all look very silly.

Tiberius Anar
Sep 12th, 2004, 02:59:27 PM
Ok. I've pmed Lion and Reshmar. I've asked them to have their guys wait until the Senate thread ends. Ought to have an answer by tommorrow. Meantime I strongly suggest that we do not post until the matter is cleared up.

Tiberius Anar
Sep 14th, 2004, 11:27:24 AM
Lion has agreed to suspend posting until the Senate thread is completed.