PDA

View Full Version : Fable!!!

Sarr Koon
Aug 30th, 2004, 03:27:03 PM
Mwahahahaha! This game looks to be super sweet. I've been reading up on it and it sounds amazing. Releases on X-Box, September 14 and I will be picking it up shortly thereafter. Anyone else thinking of grabbing this title?

Darth_Sauron
Aug 30th, 2004, 06:49:30 PM
Abso-<smallfont color=#D7FF81>NO SWEARING PLEASE, read section v, subsection j, of the FAQ (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/faq.php?s=#secV)</smallfont>in-loutely. :thumbup

Khendon Sevon
Sep 1st, 2004, 11:20:32 AM
Yeah, I'm going to grab a copy. Looks great.

Official site for anyone interested: http://www.fable-game.com/

Garret Treborn
Sep 6th, 2004, 06:32:04 PM
That site sucks, but the game still looks awesome. :P

Neo-Genesis
Sep 18th, 2004, 02:19:57 PM
watched my brother play it last night and today, its awsome, funny, and a great game.

imported_Grev Drasen
Sep 18th, 2004, 06:55:39 PM
It's great, but if you want to get your money out of it be ready to play it through at least 3 times. It's way too easy to beat, but the extensive character creation is what makes it so much fun. My first try I went through the game as evil as I could be, and now I'm going through as an archer.

Drake Shadowstalker
Sep 18th, 2004, 10:07:20 PM
I bought the game yesterday and I love it. It is funny as hell. The funniest thing was when the guy had you change your appearance and made you look like a complete idiot, then he runs off.

I will definately be playing it through a few times. Knights of the Old Republic is a better game though, IMO.

Charley
Sep 19th, 2004, 07:14:28 PM
The grahics really aren't that great, but the game is incredibly fun and a great breaking of the mold in terms of RPGs.

As a side note, I wish I could woo masses of volumptuous women with such rousing lines as "HEY" and "YEAH"

Drake Shadowstalker
Sep 20th, 2004, 09:42:56 PM
I absolutely love the graphics.
Originally posted by Charley
As a side note, I wish I could woo masses of volumptuous women with such rousing lines as "HEY" and "YEAH"

Yeah, wouldn't that be nice.

I really like the combat system even though it is simplistic.

Charley
Sep 21st, 2004, 05:10:19 AM
How can you like the graphics? They're about three years behind par.

Credit where credit's due here.

Kelt Simoson
Sep 21st, 2004, 10:16:58 AM
People have opinions that differ from you Charley from time to time bro :)

Fable, nice looking might check it out.

Brian
Sep 21st, 2004, 11:13:46 AM

You mean you can't?

Well darn. The image I'd built up in my head of you just got shot to hell. How can you go shattering my illusions like that, Chuck?

Unfortunately, my brother took all our gaming consoles to Mason, so I won't be playing any console games for awhile. If I could, I'd check this one out.

Travis North
Sep 21st, 2004, 01:23:02 PM
Upon watching my friend start a new game and my sister commenting on the oversized gloves the child has I said "Harvest Moon for the X-Box."

The game is well done. There's a lot of neat content the graphics are a little lacking but the environments are well displayed, although I've already ran into a few graphics glitches, terrain not showing and such. The games is more then I expected it to be.

Charley
Sep 21st, 2004, 06:06:22 PM
Originally posted by Kelt Simoson
People have opinions that differ from you Charley from time to time bro :)

Fable, nice looking might check it out.

Please look at the screenshots and look again at any given game from three years ago. Its just not current.That's not really a matter of opinion. Its also not damning, so stop taking it like I'm assaulting your mother's honor. The game's fine, and it doesn't matter that the graphics aren't sharp as a knife.

Khendon Sevon
Sep 21st, 2004, 08:23:00 PM
*cuts himself on doom 3's graphics*

I'm debating if I should buy Fable. I've heard that you have to load to do nearly anything--example given: to equip a shovel and dig required a load screen.

Truth?

Rognan Dar
Sep 21st, 2004, 09:06:41 PM
Originally posted by Khendon Sevon
*cuts himself on doom 3's graphics*

I'm debating if I should buy Fable. I've heard that you have to load to do nearly anything--example given: to equip a shovel and dig required a load screen.

Truth?

In a way yes. It goes into a little movie clip that shows you digging (like done spade full) and either makes a 'yay' type sound or a grumbling sound of not finding anything. It does take a good deal of time that after doing it for some time you wish that you could just say did and not have to watch the vid.

Drake Shadowstalker
Sep 21st, 2004, 09:40:38 PM
If you're worried about load times, then just wait for the PC release. There should be one in the future, I think.

Charley
Sep 21st, 2004, 09:49:35 PM
Originally posted by Drake Shadowstalker
If you're worried about load times, then just wait for the PC release. There should be one in the future, I think.

Ported titles to the PC aren't usually all that great, though. They're usually under-supported, buggy, feature poor controls, and aren't particuarly customizable.

Kelt Simoson
Sep 22nd, 2004, 10:24:55 AM
Please look at the screenshots and look again at any given game from three years ago. Its just not current.That's not really a matter of opinion. Its also not damning, so stop taking it like I'm assaulting your mother's honor. The game's fine, and it doesn't matter that the graphics aren't sharp as a knife.

I havent even played the game so i'm not taking it anyway at all. It was simply a thought. If he likes the graphics let him, if you dont fine. Accept others opions without jumping on them, thats all i'm saying, dude.

Charley
Sep 22nd, 2004, 10:10:28 PM
Originally posted by Kelt Simoson
I havent even played the game so i'm not taking it anyway at all. It was simply a thought. If he likes the graphics let him, if you dont fine. Accept others opions without jumping on them, thats all i'm saying, dude.

I'm not jumping on anybody's opinions :rolleyes but I'm not really going to call a duck a chicken, nor should I be expected to.

Drake Shadowstalker
Sep 23rd, 2004, 07:42:08 PM
If you take into accout the fact that this game started being made about 3-4 years ago, then it is no wonder the graphics date back to then.

Shawn
Sep 23rd, 2004, 08:38:48 PM
Most games started development 3-4 years prior to their actual release. That's about how long it takes to develop a high budget, AAA title.

Half-Life 2 has been in development for close to 5 years now.

Sarr Koon
Sep 23rd, 2004, 08:55:57 PM
Most games?

Charley
Sep 23rd, 2004, 09:12:06 PM
If you take into accout the fact that this game started being made about 3-4 years ago, then it is no wonder the graphics date back to then.

There is such a thing as updating the graphics package, you know. Other games do this just fine.

Shawn
Sep 23rd, 2004, 09:27:05 PM
Originally posted by Sarr Koon
Most games? I think not. Yes, most games. While Tomb Raider games can recycle their game engine ad nausem and crank out a new title every year, most games have development cycles that last for years. Especially high-profile games.

Generally speaking, licensed games and budget-ware titles are the only games that have short development cycles, since they're almost always rushed to meet a specific release date. And this usually shows in their incredible lack of polish.

Simply look at the time it takes in-between game sequels. Halo 2 is coming out over 3 years after the first game, and it looks like they're just using an updated version of the original game's engine. Half-Life 2 is coming out over 5 years after the first game. TES4: Oblivion is estimated to come out 4 years after Morrowind (that's if it isn't delayed). And we've been seeing Doom 3 videos back when they were running on a GeForce 3.

These things take time to develop.

Sarr Koon
Sep 23rd, 2004, 11:49:06 PM
Ahhh, ok. I guess I was just thinking of how fast sequals come out. I forgot that they run on the same engine as the predecessor and that saves a gigantic amount of time.

imported_Grev Drasen
Sep 24th, 2004, 10:56:28 PM
Ported titles to the PC aren't usually all that great, though. They're usually under-supported, buggy, feature poor controls, and aren't particuarly customizable.
PC's KotOR > Xbox's KotOR

Let's hope the same for Fable.

Zasz Grimm
Sep 25th, 2004, 06:28:37 AM
rented it and beat it 7 hours and thirty minutes in. Needless to say i'm gonna play it afterwards (continued play). and just mess around..

I however, was a neutral person- I have a desire to create an evil magic user, or archer.

I enjoyed it- but I wont buy it until it drops till AT LEAST 30 bucks or lower.

Drake Shadowstalker
Sep 25th, 2004, 09:38:46 AM
7 hours? did you not stop to do anything else? just rush through all the quests as fast as you possibly could? i'm roughly at about 14 hours and i just passed the Graveyard part.

Charley
Sep 25th, 2004, 03:23:58 PM
I've just started my own character in the game. If I could stop kicking chickens, I might actually play the actual game I think.

Zasz Grimm
Sep 25th, 2004, 06:46:56 PM
7 hours? did you not stop to do anything else? just rush through all the quests as fast as you possibly could? i'm roughly at about 14 hours and i just passed the Graveyard part.

slowbie

Alexander Bane
Sep 25th, 2004, 07:22:37 PM
I'm somwhere between 7 hours and 9 and I just finished the Graveyard (Man that quest is LONG) I evil and had decent sized horns on my head but in the grave yard quest you get so much good points from killing all that undead and now my horns are gone (Grrrrrr) Guess I hafta kill lots of inocent people for dark points

I being a sword fighter/Dark mage. my best weapon: Special Axe found in Devil Door w/ Peicing and Silver Agment. Best Spell: FireBall Lv3.

Shawn
Oct 2nd, 2004, 02:45:34 AM
"I'm sorry about Fable" (http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/10/01/1651219)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 29th, 2004, 04:27:32 PM
I've played Fable a bit - it's pretty entertaining, although I get frustrated because I am admittedly not all that great at it. I can't seem to fight the bandits without getting hurt a lot. :(