PDA

View Full Version : New Republic Central Archives

Jacen Parami
Aug 29th, 2004, 07:36:31 AM
Just to make this clear:
This has nothing to do with Marcus Telecontar, the guy that plays him, or his website. This is just here to help. I'm not trying to steal anyone's legacy, or thunder, or step on their toes, or whatever he thinks is worth closing my other thread. This is just to be helpful. As soon as an "official" NR site comes up, I'll gladly take this down. But until one does, or until the old one gets updated, this site can be a stand-in.

Ok then.

I am doing a "New Republic Central Archives" website. At least, I plan do. I have the go-ahead to create a fleet section of the site, and as soon as I know who to talk to concerning the Senate, Intelligence, and the Army, I'll clear things through with them.

Basically, I want the site to be a "companion" to fleeting here at the NR, with specs on all the ships easily accessable, lists of what ships are availiable to what people, troops, planets, who's in charge, and everything like that connected with the New Republic on Fans. We've got a few new people lately (me included), and with organising things such as Bestine, there are a lot of lists floating about over the place, and people asking who has what. Hopefully, with it laid out nicely, it'll make things a little easier to run. And, when someone new comes along, they'll be able to see what's there.

However, to make this work, I need lots of info. What planets does the NR have? Who commands what fleets? Which ships answer to which admirals, commodores and captains? Who leads the infantry into battle? Who's in charge of intelligence? Who are the big bad evil guys/gals? Stuff like that.

Assuming this thread stays open, you can post stuff here. If it doesn't...my PM box is always open.

Travis North
Aug 29th, 2004, 11:09:20 AM
I like the idea. I'll post my info for your bad guys stuff later.

Telan Desaria
Aug 29th, 2004, 11:36:01 PM
The Empire concurs. You have my full supprt - -OOC of course. IC I hate you////.....

Malcolm Trippen
Aug 30th, 2004, 07:25:23 AM
*bows to Telan* The feeling is mutual. :D

Edit:

Ok. First problem. Colours/graphics. Do I make the site match the forums? Do I go for the same sorts of colours on NR starships (whites, creams, and squadron colours)? Do I go for an orange, to match the traditional Starfighter flight suit? Any suggestions?

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 30th, 2004, 10:04:26 AM
Go with some kind of blue/white/grey theme. Blue is the colour of the good guys! :D:thumbup

Jacen Parami
Aug 30th, 2004, 10:06:34 AM
/agree. Blue is also kinda cool.

I have something in mind. I'll draft up the basic navigation/title/body pages, and post up a screenie.

Malcolm Trippen
Aug 30th, 2004, 12:22:28 PM
The colours got a little blurred by saving it as a jpg...I couldn't be bothered to look for the Paintshop icon, so I just did Start > P > Enter, and did it through paint. The graphics are also pretty lame...I didn't spend much time on them. I figure that not everyone has as gloriously amazing a computer as others, so the simpler the graphics are, the better. Also, in case people have really tiny monitors, or the size set really high, it auto-opens in an 800x600 window. That means that I don't have to get complicated with the graphics - they're automatically the right size. And I also did it because its one of the few bits of java I actually know how to use. :)

So yeah. This is a screenie of the draft site. On the left, you'll see the five sections:

Astrogation is basically a planetary holdings list, with a bit of information on the planet to go with.

History is a vague timeline of major events...Bestine will probably make its way on to there. It'll also explain a bit about how and why the galaxy is in the state it is in, especially for those of us who haven't read NJO, and are therefore missing a huge chunk of history (like me!).

Military is to do with fleet deployments, personnel, and stuff like that...specs, people, fleets/task forces, who tells who to do what, who peels the spuds...etc.

Political is to do with the Senate and the NR. I noticed that there was a New Republic constitution around...I'll find a home for that. Senator information goes up there. That kind of thing.

And lastly, Intelligence, as Travis so poetically put it, is the "bad guy stuff". The information will be pretty vague...just things like key figures, maybe a few "estimated" ship specs (which will be the actual ones, but distorted so they're only accurate to the nearest 10/100/1000 or whatever is appropriate), and that kinda thing.

So yeah. That's what's going on the site. If you've got anything for any of those catagories, or think I've missed something out...let me know.

TieFighterPilot181st
Aug 31st, 2004, 09:16:56 AM
The Fleet section will only have ships, and taskforces belonging to active players right?

Jacen Parami
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:05:16 AM
Pretty much, yeah. Plus info on the actual characters, and any declassed specs.

Jyanis Scorpion
Aug 31st, 2004, 12:20:03 PM
I think it would be fun to see some "declassified" NR Intelligence profiles on some of the key bad guys. Rumors, quotes made about them, personality, likes, dislikes, anything the NR could piece together and fill in the blanks about IC. Should be pretty humorous to anyone who goes to see what NRI has to say about them.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 31st, 2004, 12:21:35 PM
Something like GJO's top villain list (http://www.thegjo.com/villans.htm), eh? :)

Jacen Parami
Aug 31st, 2004, 12:40:51 PM
Originally posted by Jyanis Scorpion
I think it would be fun to see some "declassified" NR Intelligence profiles on some of the key bad guys. Rumors, quotes made about them, personality, likes, dislikes, anything the NR could piece together and fill in the blanks about IC. Should be pretty humorous to anyone who goes to see what NRI has to say about them.

Exactly what I was planning, although a little more ordered than the GJO one - I'll see if I can't link together a bunch of files, and make it look like some two-bit Intelligence Analyst was so desperate to get something listed in the Archives, they chucked together everything. :D

Jyanis Scorpion
Aug 31st, 2004, 06:46:06 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Something like GJO's top villain list (http://www.thegjo.com/villans.htm), eh? :)

I remember when I used to be on that... *sigh*

Telan Desaria
Sep 3rd, 2004, 01:41:52 PM
I am not on that list. I have to go pillage something....

No - - by all means ad an Imperial section. I will provide you with all of the non-classified information I can.

TieFighterPilot181st
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:23:01 AM
It would be cool if we could design like a recruiting poster for the New Republic Navy and then post it up just as a kind of decoration thingy.

Jacen Parami
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:52:46 AM
I think you just voulenteered as designer, Tai. ;)

TieFighterPilot181st
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:07:51 AM
Lol, i think i just did, i might get Lion to help me or something cause hes good at photoshop, but I'll see what i can work up.

Kyle Raiden
Sep 25th, 2004, 04:40:48 AM
Update:

No, I haven't forgotten. I haven't given up. I've just been a little snowed under with school - going from having 3 months without any work into a timetable filled to bursting point (I made the mistake of trying to take 5 academic subjects, plus General Studies/Critical Thinking/Whatever the hell it is we're doing) was a bit of a shock to the system. Seeing as Maths has twice as much homework as any other subject, and I'm doing Further Maths AS WELL, its taken me a while to organise my time. But anyway, I've sorted things out, dropped Psychology (so I actually get some study time at school), and done a bunch of other stuff, I'm now ready to re-start my site.

So, yeah. I'm still working. If you have any information that'd be useful, please keep sending it to me. I'm tweaking the site idea a bit...the site is gonna be neutral, and all of the files "sliced" from other places...it just makes it easier to include Imperial stuff in there than if it was pure NR. But yeah. Brief summeries of missions, specs, bits of info on your characters, bits of info on planets, planetary holdings, politics, history...anything that can possibly go on a website, I want to include it.

Thanks.