PDA

View Full Version : The parentals cometh. (closed, P'u & Te)

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 28th, 2004, 09:31:21 AM
It was a nice day at the Jedi Order. The sun shone, and the birds sang. Sunlight filtered in through the glass doors of the Living Quarters lobby, giving the whole place a cheery air.

It was on such a nice day that Wei Wu Wei had decided to check his mail. It had been a few days since he had checked it, what with moving himself, and moving in his new Padawan, Quay Na.

"Junk...junk..." he muttered to himself as he rifled through the various letters. "Junk...ju-what? Hello there," he said as he found one envelope that particularly interested him.

The return address and the mailing address were the same--his address.

"What on earth?" the Jedi Knight thought to himself, and began to investigate the strange piece of mail.

It wasn't unusually heavy, nor did it smell funny. Wei shrugged and tore it open. Inside was a letter.

Dear son,

How are you? It has been so long since your mother has gotten to see you! I hope your move didn't cause you too much trouble. I really must thank your teacher for offering to help. She's such a nice lady. And I must meet these Padawans of yours sometime! I'm sure they're going to be great Jedi someday.

At any rate, your father and I are coming to visit you in 3 days. I hope to see you very soon!

Love,

Mom

P.S. I know you are wondering about the two addresses being the same. I just wanted to make absolutely sure you got this letter. See you soon!

"So, Mom and Dad are coming to visit, eh?"

He checked his chrono and the date on the letter. Then he paled as he came to a startling realization.

"They're going to be here today!"

P'u
Aug 28th, 2004, 09:34:14 AM
"Indeed we are!" came a loud voice from the entrance.

P'u and his wife, Te, were standing in the threshold of the Living Quarters, beaming with pride at their son. The cart stood parked outside, with the animal tied to the Living Quarters sign.

"Good to see you are doing well, Wu Wei!" P'u said to his son.

Miss Te
Aug 28th, 2004, 09:37:41 AM
Te ran over to her son and scooped him up into the biggest hug she had ever given her child.

"Oh, sweetheart, I missed you so much!"

Te's face was stained with tears, but she smiled through them all the same. "I've been so worried about you!"

At last, the little woman let go, and held her son out at arm's length to get a look at him.

"You're still just as young and handsome as I remember. Those students of yours haven't given you any grey hairs yet!"

She leaned up to kiss her son on the cheek, and P'u walked up to join his wife and son.

"Now," Te said, "let's go see our little Wu Wei's room."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 29th, 2004, 10:57:37 PM
Her son simply smiled and motioned to the turbolift.

"I'm on the top floor."

The family got on the lift and headed to the uppermost floor of the whole Jedi Living quarters.

"Here I am, in the middle of the hall," he said as he opened the door and allowed his parents to step inside.

"It's not much, but then again, that's the point."

To say that Wei's room was bare was an understatment. He had taken the matress off his bed, and taken the frame apart. Now the headboard, footboard, and rails stood propped on the wall. The matress now lay on the floor in a corner. The cuboards were empty, only 2 dresser drawers held any clothes in them, and a few outfits hung up in the closet.

"It reminds me of home."

P'u
Aug 29th, 2004, 10:59:31 PM
"Indeed it is simple, just like being on the road."

P'u took a seat in the rocking chair and allowed the thing to gently sway backwards and forwards using the momentum from when he had first sat down.

"Your chair is a nice one, son."

Miss Te
Aug 29th, 2004, 11:02:29 PM
Te's first reaction to the empty room was to check the refigerator.

"Son, all I see in this is a gallon of milk, a gallon of orange juice, and a gallon of apple juice. Then there's some eggs, sliced meat, and a bottle of ketchup. Tell me you have bread?"

Her baby was not at all taken care of! Why, there was hardly any food in his pantry! He would soon waste away to mere skin and bones.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 3rd, 2004, 12:06:49 PM
Wei sat on his bed and pushed up his glasses. "In the cupboard by the refigerator, Mom."

He had but 3 each of plates, cups, bowls, spoons, knives, and forks. It was all he had to begin with, and now it was all he had at the end of it. He didn't mind.

Miss Te
Sep 10th, 2004, 12:48:17 PM
The room was so empty. Te finally decided that she had seen enough, and furthermore made up her mind not to chastise her son for lack of food in the kitchen. He was a resourceful boy. He'd find something to eat when he needed it.

"Oh, Wu Wei, sweetie..." Te said, sitting down next to her baby boy and hugging him tightly from the side. "I just wish I knew what to do to make you happy."

P'u
Sep 10th, 2004, 12:50:30 PM
P'u tapped his knee idly with his fingers. "You just sit back and relax, son. Be yourself, as you always are. Do not make any attempt to put on airs, and you'll be just fine."

P'u smiled. "You stick to that advice, and you'll soon see that Lady Fortune will fall right into your lap."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 10th, 2004, 12:51:52 PM
Wei heaved a sigh and rested his head on his mother's shoulder. "Thanks, Mom and Dad."