PDA

View Full Version : PHPNuke (Erm, a little help)

Nikkiah Wintermoon
Aug 27th, 2004, 09:53:40 AM
I have a question concerning PHPNuke. I've already been all over their main website as well as their forums and I haven't found anything related to what I'm going to ask.

Currently, I run a website/forum using PHPNuke. There's an upgrade available. My questions are:

1. If I do decide to upgrade (I've already backed up everything), will I lose everything that I currently have on my site/forums?

2. There's a patch available to fix a few bugs for the current version that I'm running. If I decide to install the patch, will I lose anything/everything on my site/forums?

3. By backing up the database, does that back up everything that is currently on the site/forums - or just certain things?

Yes, I am still learning and I'm slowly learning it by running this site/forum on PHPNuke, so any help in this area is most welcome.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 27th, 2004, 03:27:59 PM
1. PHP nuke is powered by a database backend, so no. You shouldn't loose anything except style changes.
2. See 1.
3. Everything but the styles and php files themselves.

Nikkiah Wintermoon
Aug 28th, 2004, 01:15:38 PM
Ah, great. Thanks, Morgan. I was afraid to do the upgrade for fear of losing everything I have on the site. It happened before but the site wasn't running on nuke before. Did the upgrade and I didn't lose anything - not even the modules, blocks or themes I added prior to the upgrade :)