PDA

View Full Version : If this spoiler is true....

JMK
Aug 26th, 2004, 12:37:25 PM
I will be SORELY disappointed in Episode 3, no matter what else happens in the movie. Actually, disappointed would be the understatement of the year. I would be flat out pissed off.
http://www.theforce.net/episode3/index.shtml#24672

Okay. Here's how the scene was described to me. The setting... Tattooine. Yoda and Chewbacca are together when the Clonetroopers are ordered to kill the Jedi. What does Yoda do? He grabs some mud, smears it on his face, jumps on Chewbacca's back, acts all stupid like his first appearance in Empire Strikes Back, and pretends to be Chewie's pet.

To further the deception, he farts. Yes, you read that right: Yoda farts.

Please George, I BEG you, PLEASE let this be false. If it is, then cut it out of the movie and never let it see the light of day again.

Personally I can't believe it to be true for a couple reasons. First, what would Chewie be doing on Tatooine? Secondly, if the Clones were ordered to kill the Jedi, they know that Yoda was their general, they know he isn't a pet. Thridly, there is no mud on Tatooine, and fourth...Lucas has tried potty humor with Jar Jar in TPM and it really didn't go over well. If RotS is supposed to be the darkest episode yet, then this does not fit AT ALL. Yes, some moments of humor will be involved, but something like that changes the tone of a movie. I wasn't all that happy with Yoda vs Dooku in AotC, but this would be WAY WAY WAY worse.

Master Yoghurt
Aug 26th, 2004, 03:17:55 PM
Wow, I dont read spoilers much, but I just had to read that. That sounds like it could have been a scene in the holiday special :x

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 26th, 2004, 04:19:15 PM
Ummmmm,....

May ROTSinhell become true if that spoiler is right. How pathetic.

darth_mcbain
Aug 26th, 2004, 04:47:22 PM
That would suck beyond description... I can't even fathom that that could be true...

imported_Marcus
Aug 26th, 2004, 06:50:13 PM
Originally posted by Darth McBain
That would suck beyond description... I can't even fathom that that could be true...

If we had told you about Jar Jar before 1999, would you have believed it?

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 26th, 2004, 07:01:01 PM
Its a lie becausse Yoda and Chewie are never on Tatooine, they are on Chewie's home world when that above thing happens. So I say this is all made up probably trying to jerk the fanboys around. From what I have heard from spoilers the Wookies save Yoda by tearing off some troopers arms heh.

darth_mcbain
Aug 26th, 2004, 09:37:19 PM
Originally posted by Marcus
If we had told you about Jar Jar before 1999, would you have believed it?

Well, you may have a point there :) But at least Jar Jar was a new character - as opposed to Yoda, who was already established as one of the wisest, most powerful, and dignified Jedi in the Galaxy.

I just can't see it, because wouldn't the clonetroopers already know about Yoda as he was one of the major Jedi players in the Clone Wars? True, probably only a small fraction of the clones actually served under Yoda, but I would think that most would know who he is - I doubt they'd be fooled by his posing as a "pet".

And Carr - that would be awesome to see some clonetrooper arms getting ripped off - although I wonder if Ep. III would be able to do that without garnering an "R" rating... :)

JMK
Aug 26th, 2004, 10:50:29 PM
That's what I thought McBain. The Clones would know that Yoda was their Jedi leader. It doesn't make sense.

Carr, I'm hoping this is a lie, but switch Tatooine for Kashyyyk, and is it still a flat out lie, or just an innaccurate spoiler?

To quote five previous Star Wars movies...."I have a bad feeling about this..."

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 27th, 2004, 06:35:03 PM
Well it looks false according to theforce.net they seem to doubt it themselves. They have posted some crazy rumors before there were way out of left field that were never true. Like Christopher Walken as Darth Bane.

Jedieb
Aug 27th, 2004, 10:25:54 PM
The most famous and powerful Jedi in the galaxy suddenly turns into Benny Hill and not a single Clonetrooper catches on. Good Gawd that's lame. Then again, these are Fett clones, they're bound to be gullible.

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 27th, 2004, 10:39:49 PM
Hey now, imagine the scrolling intro to Benny Hill music!

Dan the Man
Aug 27th, 2004, 10:53:25 PM
Yeah, but it would have to scroll forward and scroll backward at varying speeds.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 28th, 2004, 04:35:24 PM
LOL that would be funny.

DarthVader_Sith_Lord
Nov 25th, 2004, 06:36:31 PM
Lol I can just picture Yoda acting all stupid for some odd reason...