PDA

View Full Version : Waypoints

Stafford
Aug 25th, 2004, 09:44:19 PM
"Well, Mr. Lanker those are my terms. Either you settle here and now or face the Sector Rangers in court. I would love to see that happen, personally, and I'll tell you why." Roman leaned back in his chair. "Because I'd make it a very short case. You, as a consequence, would recieve less in hourly wages than you did the last time you went up against me."

"But Stafford, these terms are outrageous! You expect my clients to pay you for getting beaten by Rangers?"

"Actually, no. I expect you to accept the terms and when they hear about it, they'll fire you and then I can have fun with somebody else. Go on... surprise me."

Lanker sighed. "I can't do this anymore." He leaned forward, signed the settlement and stood up. Stafford stood and shook his hand vigorously, smiling.

"Sure you can. Just not with the Sector Rangers." He opened the door. "Have a nice day." Lanker walked out with his head held much lower than when he walked in. Stafford leaned against the doorframe, grinning.

A man sitting in his lobby looked up from a datapad he was reading. Stafford's secretary spoke up.

"Sir, this man, a Mr -"

"Chambers. Yeah, he's all right. Come on in."

The man stood up and walked in. Stafford closed the door behind him. "So, howya been?"

Mr. Chambers
Aug 26th, 2004, 07:38:42 PM
"Can't complain. But I do anyway."

Chambers took a look around the office. It was the same. Stafford was the same. He sat down in the guest chair and folded his hands on his abdomen as he leaned back.

"So, Roman, what's new with you? Lose any cases yet?"

Stafford
Aug 29th, 2004, 07:39:51 PM
He sat down behind his desk and layed his hands on the table as he often did when dealing with constituents. It helped people trust him.

"No, not yet. Although only two have gone to court in the past three years. You know how it is." Stafford opened one of his drawers and pulled out a datapad as he continued. "Anyway, here's what I wanted to talk to you about. Read this." He slid it across the desk.

"Sanis Prent. Owner of a speeder/swoop bike shop down in mid-level Coco. I need you to go there, get some dirt on him. Get involved, buy a speeder, whatever you need to do. You're a professional, and I know I don't need to micromanage this.

He continued speaking as Chambers looked the datapad over. "From what little I know of this man, he's pretty resourceful and has done something to upset the brass. Any expenses, should there be any, will come out of your pocket. My office will re-imburse you afterwards. I don't want him trailing this back."

Mr. Chambers
Sep 1st, 2004, 04:48:47 PM
Chambers looked over the information. His lips pursed in thought for a moment before he spoke.

"Alright. What are we looking for ? Just to sack the shop or what? How deep we diggin here?"

Stafford
Sep 4th, 2004, 10:25:35 PM
"As deep as possible without arousing suspicion. You find a gold nugget, bring it back to me and we'll move on from there."

Roman leaned back in his chair. "It shouldn't be too hard for you. But don't underestimate him. He's done something to upset the brass, so be wary."

Mr. Chambers
Sep 6th, 2004, 04:22:51 PM
Chambers smirked and pocketed the datapad as he stood up.

"Hey, it's me."