PDA

View Full Version : Rather Odd RP Idea

imported_Akrabbim
Aug 25th, 2004, 08:52:49 PM
I have an idea. I want Akrabbim to assassinate someone. And here's how I'd like it to go down.

I get wind of a plot by a splinter imperial group. They plan something REALLY nasty. All I know for sure is that something bad is gonna happen, and thousands are gonna die. As well, the baddies are rather zealot-ish. Thus, they're GOING to kill people just to make a point... negotiations won't stop them.

Now, here's where it gets fun. I don't know the plot, or the guy in charge. I have to figure out who's in charge, so that if I take him out, the whole plot collapses. And I only get to kill one. If I pick the wrong guy, I fail.

Throughout the thread, various NPCs will appear. They'll all be written by me (or others, if they'd like to PM them), but only some of them will truly be Akrabbim. And he only gets to use the stuff he finds out that way. Anyone interested?

And, no, I'm not blowing the "When the Levee Breaks" thread off. I'm on it when yall are.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Aug 25th, 2004, 08:54:09 PM
Does it have to be the Imperials?

imported_Akrabbim
Aug 25th, 2004, 08:58:43 PM
Nahh... any group that could concievably do something like this. But I'm looking terrorist level fanatics.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Aug 25th, 2004, 09:04:03 PM
The Lupines are terrorists, but then again, they've got the whole Guardian rivalry thing.

I could conjur something up with the Cizerack. That would be fun.

imported_Akrabbim
Aug 25th, 2004, 09:06:12 PM
Well, the problem is, I'd have to mask my scent the entire time, and that'd be REALLY hard to do, I'd think.

Darth Viscera
Aug 25th, 2004, 11:18:47 PM
Ak, this would blend perfectly with a story arc that I've been developing for the last several months, where the imps launch terrorist attacks in order to instill fear in as many people as possible.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2004, 06:24:00 AM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
Ak, this would blend perfectly with a story arc that I've been developing for the last several months, where the imps launch terrorist attacks in order to instill fear in as many people as possible.

Would this happen to be the arc involving moi? :D

imported_Akrabbim
Aug 26th, 2004, 04:21:47 PM
That will be fine. I just need the guys and gals involved to talk amongst themselves to figure out the plot. I have to figure it out as I go. All I know is the ship involved and the idea that something really bad is gonna happen.

And these would all need to be throw-away characters. I do plan on killing whoever I deem necessary to stop the plan. And remember, I'm expecting these guys to be quite the zealots, so that that is the ONLY option to stop them. And, of course, if I determine that the only way to stop the plan is to kill all four, I will do so. If I kill the wrong one, I fail, and if I kill someone who wasn't necessary to kill, I assume I'll get in trouble with the GJO, so that's what makes it fun on my end. :)

Darth Viscera
Aug 26th, 2004, 11:14:12 PM
@dasq:
yes, but that would be the main story arc, this would be a side story.

Originally posted by Akrabbim
And, of course, if I determine that the only way to stop the plan is to kill all four, I will do so.

four? woah now, fill me in a bit more on what you're thinking. you can't crew a warship with 4 people, no matter how zealous.

imported_Akrabbim
Aug 27th, 2004, 06:50:50 AM
No, of course you can't. I'm referring to the four leaders of the ship. Somehow or another, one or more of these four are heading the thing. Sorta like how terrorist groups have a head, charismatic guy. If you killed their leader, they'd still physically have the ability to pull off stuff like that, but there'd be no drive or organization.

So, basically, whichever the leader or leaders are, if they get taken out, I'd expect the rest of the group to kinda collapse and just return to base. Does that make any more sense?

Darth Viscera
Aug 27th, 2004, 09:20:27 AM
yes, now it does.

Telan Desaria
Aug 28th, 2004, 10:38:40 AM
Imperials arent terrorists - - - - -at least, not my guys

Darth Viscera
Aug 28th, 2004, 02:24:11 PM
otherwise your name would read Darth Desaria :p

imported_Akrabbim
Aug 30th, 2004, 04:37:04 PM
Well, just so this doesn't die, do yall have a team ready to try this yet? Yall will just need to get together and determine what you want the plot to be, who's the main guy (or guys) keeping the plan together, etc. Just lemme know when you're ready, and what four are involved.

Darth Viscera
Aug 31st, 2004, 06:22:38 AM
Could you PM me your AIM name?

Malcolm Trippen
Aug 31st, 2004, 11:51:01 AM
Originally posted by Telan Desaria
Imperials arent terrorists - - - - -at least, not my guys

Every government has it's fanatics. I'm sure there are enough extremists somewhere in Imperial military to pull this off...all it takes is a few carefully-worded reports to distract the boss-people...

Darth Viscera
Aug 31st, 2004, 12:05:03 PM
Originally posted by Malcolm Trippen
Every government has it's fanatics.

and in the empire, the fanatics are the guys at the top, setting policy. The empire is the very embodiment of a terrorist regime.

Main Entry: ter·ror·ism
Pronunciation: 'ter-&r-"i-z&m
Function: noun
Date: 1795
: the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion
- ter·ror·ist /-&r-ist/ adjective or noun
- ter·ror·is·tic /"ter-&r-'is-tik/ adjective

Britannica.com needs to put a small picture of a death star right next to that entry.

Malcolm Trippen
Aug 31st, 2004, 12:30:50 PM
*blows the dust off his dictionary* You mean these things actually have uses?

Shrine Guardians
Oct 25th, 2004, 08:09:03 PM
Hey did this happen somewhere. Or did it fade from existence?

Jazmyn
Oct 25th, 2004, 09:18:29 PM
Originally posted by Akrabbim
And, no, I'm not blowing the "When the Levee Breaks" thread off. I'm on it when yall are.

I posted last so I think it's your turn in that thread.

Vampyre Dalamar
Oct 26th, 2004, 06:52:54 AM
Hey bitty!!! did yu ever make that Vampy character like you said you would? Oh and Hi.:wave

imported_Akrabbim
Oct 26th, 2004, 07:51:05 PM
It hasn't happened yet. Are we willing to start this? If so, I'll make an introductory post. And Jazmyn, I'm posting now.

Syren Wyssholt
Oct 27th, 2004, 04:14:16 PM
Originally posted by Vampyre Dalamar
Hey bitty!!! did yu ever make that Vampy character like you said you would? Oh and Hi.:wave

Um yeah, like months ago and yes there was a post in the storytelling forum. Don't remember the name of it now so it doesn't matter anymore.