PDA

View Full Version : Stupid, goofy RP idea (Swfans Olympics)

Cirrsseeto Quez
Aug 25th, 2004, 08:44:29 PM
Lets make an Olympics RP thread :D

Nothing really serious, mind you. Just pick a venue, have maybe a dozen or so events, and put our characters in different events. Just one of those things for the hell of it. The forums are kinda dead lately, and I figure something light & goofy would be fun.

Event list:

Table tennis
Joust
Shotput

Zasz Grimm
Aug 25th, 2004, 08:46:14 PM
force users allowed?

Sounds interesting, to say the least.

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 25th, 2004, 08:47:15 PM
We can have foot races, wrestling matches, or even better mud wrestling matches! Ladies mud wrestling only, of course. :lol

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 25th, 2004, 08:49:44 PM
LoL!! Sounds like fun, count me in!!!

Cirrsseeto Quez
Aug 25th, 2004, 08:52:21 PM
Well, since we've got all manners of perks (alien race attributes, cybernetics, performance enhancing drugs, force use, etc) I figure we'd just as well allow it all, but reasonably so.

No lifting X-wings in the weightlifting competition, Yoda ;)

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 25th, 2004, 08:55:38 PM
That being the case, count me in too. This ought to be a nice change of pace.

imported_Akrabbim
Aug 25th, 2004, 08:58:08 PM
Dibs on Table Tennis.

imported_Jacali Danner
Aug 25th, 2004, 08:59:38 PM
How about puggle sticks on a log over some rather deep mud. We did that in the Army, Puggle pronounced 'pew'gul'. These are like giant q-tips and you try to knock your opponent off the log with them. It's a lot of fun!!!

Cirrsseeto Quez
Aug 25th, 2004, 09:01:04 PM
Now, each person should contribute an idea for an event.

Mine goes to shotput, of course :)

imported_Akrabbim
Aug 25th, 2004, 09:02:34 PM
Hehe... high jump and sprint would be fun with Force Users. :)

Nathanial K'cansce
Aug 25th, 2004, 09:59:01 PM
Fencing. With sabers. :p

Mitch
Aug 25th, 2004, 11:45:22 PM
Table Tennis is the biggest sport on Nehantish. Sejah is in.

Imagine Chinese super-players with fur and tails, and you have Nehantite Table Tennis.

Kathrine
Aug 26th, 2004, 08:35:02 AM
Originally posted by Nathanial K'cansce

I am thinking Shade could do that. Or the jousting.

Je'gan Olra'en
Aug 26th, 2004, 10:12:27 AM
Originally posted by Nathanial K'cansce

Exacticly. Let's hear it for Form Two!

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2004, 10:26:51 AM
Vote for SWfans curling, using some form of small animal in place of the usual... stone/kettle things :cool

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Aug 26th, 2004, 03:14:33 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Vote for SWfans curling, using some form of small animal in place of the usual... stone/kettle things :cool

but then the Cizerack would eat it.... :lol

imported_Akrabbim
Aug 26th, 2004, 04:16:49 PM
How about a modified decathalon? As in, something like an extreme obstacle course?

Tear
Aug 26th, 2004, 04:21:33 PM
Im sure the guys at the Sovereignty will show up to show our flag:D

Naboo cliff diving..woot..

Maybe a lil jump over the sarlacc pit. or Outrun the rancor?

Dan the Man
Aug 26th, 2004, 05:06:34 PM
Curling is simply too silly. Overruled :mneh

Decathalon sounds awesome.

As does a diving competition.

imported_Akrabbim
Aug 26th, 2004, 07:10:27 PM
Turkish cliff diving? :)

How 'bout Force Push Sumo?

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 27th, 2004, 12:06:11 PM
That would be great!

Or what about an aquatic sport? Maybe have 2 teams wrestle over a watermelon and try to get the melon out of the pool?

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 27th, 2004, 12:10:37 PM
:cry this makes me want to revive the SW-Fans Survivor :cry

Dan the Man
Aug 27th, 2004, 01:35:20 PM
Ok, how about we simplify it, and select ten individual events to create a swfans decathalon?

Table Tennis (Repulsorball)
Fencing (Sabering)
Shotput (insert SW name here)
Teras Kasi Wrestling
Triathalon (swimming, speeder bike, footrace)
Weightlifting
Target shooting
Platform Jump

Any other ideas? I'm a couple shy, and we can always eliminate.

imported_Akrabbim
Aug 27th, 2004, 02:17:27 PM
Discus
High hurdles (since it's Force enhanced, VERY high)
Long jump
Skiing

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 27th, 2004, 02:18:39 PM
Underwater Basket Weaving

Travis North
Aug 27th, 2004, 03:11:48 PM
Platform Jumping. Like jumping from one floating platform to the next. It's in most SW games.

Dan the Man
Aug 27th, 2004, 04:54:29 PM
Originally posted by Travis North
Platform Jumping. Like jumping from one floating platform to the next. It's in most SW games.

Haha I like this idea :cool

Zeke
Aug 27th, 2004, 06:12:08 PM
In the event that someone falls, we could have them reappear in a flash of light on the last platform they landed on. :D Or stamp "Game Over" on their foreheads.

Slayn Cloak
Aug 27th, 2004, 08:14:06 PM
Can I bomb it? create a catilist to end somekind of "cold war", and start a real one?

I duno, IMO the olympics where only interesting when the " cold war" was an issue, and earlyer when it was about the sports. Now it's about the athelite and theyr life story; Basically gay/ boring... I think I'll call it " Borgaying. " That way it sounds like the " borg" and is as gay as they are aswell. ( Gay meaning annoying and not at all referancing sexual orentation. )

Tear
Aug 28th, 2004, 12:57:58 AM
Well..If this is in our universe i could think of plenty of rivalries that would arise if certain factions/people took part.

A big one being the Sovereignty and the NR. Especially since we just attacked them.

Another being the GJO and the Sith, that is if they choose to participate.

The sovereignty and the Federacy if they choose to participate as well.

Not to mention all the feuds between other factions i havent mentioned. Not only factions but individuals. Im sure there are more then just a few characters on these boards who have mixed relations with other characters :p

should be fun

Travis North
Aug 28th, 2004, 10:19:59 AM
There is a downside though. Most of these events have the force user in mind. The non-force user could do these, but the force users do have an advantage.

Slayn Cloak
Aug 28th, 2004, 09:04:46 PM
Well, just as long as I get to bomb it.

Travis North
Aug 28th, 2004, 09:13:52 PM
You can fail the GJO/NR on their drug tests thus giving the Dark Siders (Sith/Imperials) an upper hand.

Slayn Cloak
Aug 28th, 2004, 09:30:21 PM
Fail them... No, I would have to get them to use the drugs; It would just be more Dark Jedi-ish. I rather fancy the idea of bombing something though. Like maybe somekind of Space- hindinburg, or otherwise useless thing? You know, something just begging to be blown up. It would be cool, Oooow, and afterwards fire works!

Travis North
Aug 28th, 2004, 09:40:17 PM
I like it. The NR athletes' quaters which I assume would be on a Mon Cal ship. And then afterwards fireworks... And cake!!!

Slayn Cloak
Aug 28th, 2004, 09:49:42 PM
No! No cake.

Travis North
Aug 29th, 2004, 08:19:27 AM
:( But, I'm sick of rations.

Jacen Parami
Aug 29th, 2004, 01:01:41 PM
How about some team games? I dunno if you could adapt Hurling (a celtic cross between hockey, and the egg-and-spoon) race...but its pretty violent. Lacrosse can be made pretty violent.

How about showjumping...with Dewbacks? You'd have to make all the barriers really low, so they could actually get over - Dewbacks aren't really that aerodynamic...

Oh, and rowing. In space. You just take a normal rowing team, and put them in space...they have to complete the race, and make it back inside their ship, all on one breath of air...I vote Travis to that. :D

Travis North
Aug 29th, 2004, 01:03:41 PM
Well now. I could, and win 3 times over.

Jacen Parami
Aug 29th, 2004, 01:36:49 PM
Not with the British involved...rowing is one of the few events we're actually capable of winning on a regular basis. Shame about this year, though...maybe Sir Steve was good luck... :(

Cirrsseeto Quez
Aug 29th, 2004, 02:05:33 PM
No team games. It would make everything much more complicated.

Slayn Cloak
Aug 29th, 2004, 02:32:37 PM
Right, but count on lots of things beeing blown up.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Aug 29th, 2004, 02:36:29 PM
shut up

Slayn Cloak
Aug 29th, 2004, 04:50:13 PM
Man, you guys never let me have any fun.

The Lonely Galaxy
Aug 29th, 2004, 04:56:35 PM
Originally posted by Slayn Cloak
Right, but count on lots of things beeing blown up.

I have an entry on blowing things up, if your interested.

However, as the Lonely Galaxy makes note of all facts and events of this Galaxy, it can bring meticoulous record keeping and fun facts for the various tourists who would frequent said games. We can even sponsor the said Games, to give it that genuine over commerciallised touch so familiar to a small blue planet in a Galaxy far, far away.

Jacen Parami
Aug 29th, 2004, 06:08:49 PM
Originally posted by Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
No team games. It would make everything much more complicated.

Does it count as a team if you're all clones of the same person? Coz you could all enter under one name (Jaacen Parami, or whatever), so you'd slip through...

Edit:
On a serious note, "team" events might be ok if they were roleplayed by just the one person. A relay race might work, too.

I think the Decathlon idea would work the best. If it was just one event per entrant, you'd get one or two little posts in, and then you'd be done. If you had 10 events, you can not only roleplay the events, but the stuff that happens overnight, in between, and while you ladies are trying to squeeze yourself into those tight little running pants...

*cough* Ahem. Anyway...back to what I was saying. One last point: how do you decide who wins? With events like gymnastics, diving, etc, judges can give points at the end. However, what about running races? You'd probably have to plan that out in advance, who was going to come in what position...it might steal the fun a little bit.

The Man in Black
Aug 29th, 2004, 06:28:18 PM
Or you know...you could just roleplay it out...like we do with everything else on this site in the first place?

:)

Kyle Raiden
Aug 29th, 2004, 06:38:16 PM
I mean (same guy) that, in a race that lasts 9 seconds, like the 100m sprint, how can you actually get all of the participants posting? I mean, you could do one post, as one person, and the race would be over. It doesn't give you much interaction, and whoever makes that post would most likely win, unless they were being uncharacteristically modest.

And I realise a sprint wasn't mentioned, but we're talking about events that last a matter of minutes. There are only so many times you can roleplay the same few minutes before it starts getting repetative and boring.

The only way to work it would be to have heats, where only one or two players compete at any one time, against NPCs. Something big, like a Triathlon, then yeah. Plenty of posting opportunities. Something like a fencing match, that would work. But a flat-out race, where all you do is run...there's only so much ' "I have to win this race so badly," he thought. "I have to beat the Imps," ' that you can get away with. The roleplay would have to lean quite heavily on the non-event stuff, else it'll run out of steam.

The Man in Black
Aug 29th, 2004, 06:44:56 PM
If you don't think it'll work, then don't post in it :)

Jacen Parami
Aug 29th, 2004, 07:17:44 PM
I never said it wouldn't work. I was just wondering how they were gonna get around it. I may end up posting...I many not. Depends if I can liberate a character for it. *shrug* I'd probably just be sat staring at the female triathlon anyway...in their tight little...:D

Sanis Prent
Aug 29th, 2004, 08:28:46 PM
Okay, I think we got the events down, so here it goes:

SWfans Olympic Decathalon:

1. Repulsorball

This is a fast-paced game similar to tennis or racquetball, in which players in a corridor strike a ball with a repulsor field racquet, sending it to their opponent with increasing speed. The ball can be ricocheted off the floor, walls, or ceiling. A point is awarded to a player when he or she hits the wall at the opposing player's back. While intensely humorous, high-speed serves to the opponent's genitals are severely frowned upon, and may draw a foul.

2. Sabering

Similar to fencing, this sport highlights the Jedi arts in a non-lethal venue, in which combatants face off using non-lethal energy blades. Points are awarded for successful contact on the opponent. While blades are not of a lethal intensity, it is advised for athletes to wear long sleeves and pants to the event, to avoid unsightly rashes.

3. Mass Launching

This event resembling shotput requires a competitor to propel a high-mass sphere in a quick burst of speed and strength, sending it down an open field. The competitor with the longest distance launch wins. Should any Gungans be hit by an incoming mass, the launcher will automatically win. This is to discourage attendance of these Olympic games by Gungans.

4. Teras Kasi Wrestling

Celebrating old-fashioned styles of martial arts, this event pits competitors against each other in shows of agility and brawn. Competitors can grapple with their opponent anywhere, so long as it is above the waist. Matches last six minutes, and points are awarded for pins, submissions, or forcing an opponent out of bounds in the wrestling circle. This event, like all others, is a co-ed and co-species competition. However, any contact deemed "heavy petting" will result in disqualification. Nipple-twisting, however, is still a legal submission move.

5, 6, & 7. Triathalon (swimming, speeder bike, footrace)

Really three events in one, the Triathalon showcases the endurance of athletes by forcing them to compete in a multi-faceted distance race. Athletes start with a one kilometer swim, then a 50 kilometer speederbike race, finishing up with a five kilometer run. Punch and cookies will be served at the finish line. We know you'll want it.

8. Weightlifting

Showcasing an athlete's raw strength, the weightlifting competition involves two seperate lifts. A "snatch" lift, in which an athlete lifts a bar and weights over their head in one motion, and a "clean and jerk" lift, in which a greater weight is lifted above the athlete's head, but in two stages. The lift must be controlled and stable before the athlete can release the weight. Winners are determined by adding the maximum amounts from both events together. Should an athlete become violently unstable in a lift, two heavy-lifting droids will ensure that neither the competitor nor the audience are injured by flying weights. Spontaneous and uncontrolled urination is legal, but quite a social faux pas.

9. Target shooting

Highlighting the decathalete's hand-eye coordination, this event is a two-stage competition involving the mastery of the Corellian BlasTech DL-111 "broom-handle" blaster, and the Wookie scattershot bowcaster. Blaster trials will be against fixed targets at 50 meters. Bowcaster trials will be against "clay mynocks", which are launched through the air in an arc, requiring a shooter to lead the target. Points are tallied by accuracy in the blaster competition, and the ratio of hits to misses in the bowcaster competition. The winner is determined by a total sum of points. This event is sponsored by the Galactic Blaster Association, who assure you that guns don't kill people, droids with guns do.

10. Platform Jump

Competitors in this event will test their ability to not only jump high, but to jump far. Varying platforms floating on repulsorlifts will challenge each athlete to jump to a specific range. The winning distance is determined by totaling how far a platform is both horizontally and vertically. Any athlete who fails to reach his intended platform will fall into a pit filled with four tons of child-safe play foam, but such soft material will not stop their egos from shattering into a million irrepairable pieces. That being said, it's just a game.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 30th, 2004, 01:30:04 AM
Sounds like it's going to be fun. Can't wait to commentate. ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 30th, 2004, 02:47:36 AM
This event is sponsored by the Galactic Blaster Association, who assure you that guns don't kill people, droids with guns do.

Any athlete who fails to reach his intended platform will fall into a pit filled with four tons of child-safe play foam, but such soft material will not stop their egos from shattering into a million irrepairable pieces.

:lol Can't wait for this now.

Senator Carter
Aug 30th, 2004, 07:19:34 AM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
Spontaneous and uncontrolled urination is legal, but quite a social faux pas.

Damn.

Where is this being hosted? And will there be an opening ceremony? Perhaps demonstrating *why* it is advisable for Gungans not to be present...but only if I don't have to clean up afterwards.

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 30th, 2004, 08:05:04 PM
So when does this start? This sounds very exciting.

imported_Firebird1
Sep 1st, 2004, 11:43:24 PM
Originally posted by Senator Carter
Damn.

Where is this being hosted? And will there be an opening ceremony? Perhaps demonstrating *why* it is advisable for Gungans not to be present...but only if I don't have to clean up afterwards.

What no BBQ?

:(

*Puts away his flame thrower for another day...*

Shade Magus
Sep 2nd, 2004, 12:00:19 AM
Originally posted by Wei Wu Wei
So when does this start? This sounds very exciting.