PDA

View Full Version : Farscape The Peacekeeper Wars TONIGHT [9/17]

ReaperFett
Apr 5th, 2004, 12:33:56 PM
http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=1329

Well, it's not really a surprise to anyone, but "Farscape" is returning to the airwaves.

Sci-Fi Channel has announced that the new "Farscape" miniseries, called "Peacekeeper War," will debut by the end of the year on the same network that canceled the show last year.

According to the Sci-Fi Channel, the four-hour miniseries picks up where the cliffhanger series finale left off, and will bring back actors Ben Browder (John Crichton), Claudia Black (Aeryn Sun) and the rest of the surviving Moya crew.

The miniseries was written by "Farscape" creator Rockne O'Bannon as well as executive producer David Kemper. It was directed by Brian Henson. It was produced by the Jim Henson Co. and Hallmark Entertainment, and Robert Halmi Jr. was the executive producer.

The story confirms one of the worst-kept secrets in entertainment, which completed filming in Australia just last month.

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 5th, 2004, 12:40:42 PM
Can I get a hell yeah!! :D

Soolin Anjhurin
Apr 5th, 2004, 12:41:26 PM
HELL YEAH! :crack

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 5th, 2004, 12:42:11 PM
I echo the sentiments of my good friend Soolin :D

Morgan Evanar
Apr 5th, 2004, 09:16:40 PM
Excuse me while I change my underpants.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 5th, 2004, 03:00:35 AM
http://www.farscapeworld.com/news/shownews.php?id=128

First promo images posted. Looks like some characters haved ... changed.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2004, 03:04:06 AM
Where's the blue woman with no hair? I forget her name. :(

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 5th, 2004, 03:08:22 AM
She died before the series finished :mneh (although she did do one or two cameos after that)

Alex
Jun 5th, 2004, 04:35:42 AM
Dang...since when was lady "walk on the ceiling" allowed to be cool?!

imported_Arriana Rezner
Jun 5th, 2004, 05:54:35 AM
She's always been cool! :mad

Alex
Jun 5th, 2004, 06:54:12 AM
Yes, but not THAT cool...

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2004, 09:50:44 AM
What!? :cry I guess that's what I get for only being able to see the first four episodes.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 5th, 2004, 09:54:42 AM
Yes, the crew has had a few losses and additions throughout the series' run :mneh

Alex
Jun 5th, 2004, 09:58:19 AM
I always wanted a peacekeeper outfit...well, something that looked like one, anyway. I know there are all sorts of different styles...and Crichton wore most of them. (Where in space did they go clothes shopping?!) I'm actually disappointed that he's not got anything new in those screenshots...

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 5th, 2004, 10:02:59 AM
Well the mini is just following on from the end of the last episode, I'm guessing, so I doubt he would have had time to go clothes shopping. Then again, Sikozu appears to have had the time.. but there is probably some wormhole related explanation for that.

Alex
Jun 5th, 2004, 10:19:30 AM
Um...after the end of the regular Farscape series, Crichton's clothes don't exist anymore. So he must have gone shopping...or had spare sets. :p

Sikozu's stuff does look fairly peacekeeperish, though...maybe she "borrowed" the stuff Aeryn left behind. *shrug*

Daria Nytherciria
Jun 5th, 2004, 10:30:07 AM
I think someone on the SaveFarscape boards said it best - Sikozu does look like she is an extra out of Mad Max with this new haircut/outfit. I'm sad that her look has changed, I really liked the old one - and curious about what has happened to her scales. I can't really see them at all on these shots.

Alex
Jun 5th, 2004, 10:47:09 AM
Good point with the scales. Can't see them either.

I think she looks more like she "belongs" in the Crichton/Aeryn clan. And, I think she looks more hot in black, too. It definately suits her.

And Stark back, too? I got confused with him in the last season. I guess he's back with Moya, though.

Edit:

Wait a minute...I think I get what's going on. Sikozu's people are anti-Peacekeeper now, right? After the whole blowing up the flowers fiasco. And Sikozu was part of that secret thing with the eyes that flipped round the wrong way. Maybe this is her "coming out" as a soldier and a secret agent. She certainly looks more soldierish. And as a rule, the only people who get pulse rifles on Farscape are the "cool", comando-ish ones. Rigel never had a gun at all...the blue lady (Zhaan?) didn't. I don't think Pip did, either. As its a "Peacekeeper War", I'm guessing Sikozu's people have teamed up with the Farscape crew, the Luxans, and maybe some other factions, and are going up against the Peacekeepers, Star Wars style. Thats what I think, anyway. Kinda makes sense...to me, at least. However, I'm slightly tired and a little illubriated, so I'm not altogether sure what I'm typing.

Edit 2:

Is Aeryn pregnant?! Look at the 8th pic down...is that a bump?

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 5th, 2004, 10:54:25 AM
Well, Scorpy is in some of these shots, so I'm going to hazzard a guess that she's tagging along with him.

Alex
Jun 5th, 2004, 11:19:06 AM
Didn't think of that.

It looks like Scorpius is on the "good guy" side too, hence the shot with Aeryn (in the far background) Scorp, John and Sikozu.

Is Pip wearing the same stuff as normal? It looks like its been re-designed a little...a little more leather on there...and it looks a bit more banded than normal. Could just be my imagination.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 5th, 2004, 11:34:21 AM
Is Aeryn pregnant?! Look at the 8th pic down...is that a bump?

Apparently, yes.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 7th, 2004, 12:34:38 PM
http://www.farscapeworld.com/news/shownews.php?id=129

More new promo shots :)

:lol Harvy "E = Mc Hammer"

Alex
Jun 7th, 2004, 04:39:10 PM
9th Shot down...the guy stood behind John. Its the dude who worked for Crais and Scorp...I'm sure it is. What's his name? Looks like him, anyway.

The new guns look cool. :D

I am sooo gonna have to get Sky by the time this comes out...as if I didn't already want it badly enough...

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 15th, 2004, 02:15:03 AM
Some spoilers for the mini-series :D

- Dearly departed Zhaan (Virginia Hey), the much-missed blue priestess, may resurface.

- The lilliputian tyrant, Rygel XVI, becomes unexpectedly pregnant--with Aeryn's baby!

- The beauty, Sikozu (Raelee Hill), and the beast, Scorpius (Wayne Pygram)? They've bonded.

- And John and Aeryn decrystallize to raise their family in peace--only to get caught in the middle of an interstellar war.

If enough people watch, Henson says, there could be a Farscape theatrical movie or even a possible spin-off series, with Browder in command. "A role like John Crichton is an absolute gift," he says. "I'd be a fool not to want to do it."

http://grantgould.com/misc/farscape/fs_tvguide_big.jpg

Soolin Anjhurin
Jun 16th, 2004, 11:44:31 AM
dammit wofl!! you should have told me about this sooner!!! you know I don't visit here much!! :lol

Tessek
Jul 2nd, 2004, 10:32:58 PM
I know this is a dead thread, so don't yell at me, but the only channel that aired Farscape here stopped showing new episodes...I think after Crichton got Scorpy out of his head, so Im just the teensiest bit lost here. Can someone fill me in on just what happened?

EDIT- Wait, wait, it was like two episodes after the red skinned chick came on the show.

TheHolo.Net
Jul 2nd, 2004, 10:44:51 PM
John never gets Scorpy totally out of his head. He's in there for good it seems. ;) and as for catching you up, I'd suggest you check out some Farscape sites, as they will do a better job of it than I could.

Tessek
Jul 3rd, 2004, 10:59:11 AM
well, you know, mostly out of his head, lol. Alrighty, that I shall do

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 27th, 2004, 07:35:01 AM
New Cast Gallery and Promo Pics :eek

http://www.farscapeworld.com/gallery/gallery.php?id=pkwprogal
http://www.farscapeworld.com/gallery/gallery.php?id=pkwproep

Sweet JEBUS I can't wait :D :D :D :D

James Prent
Jul 27th, 2004, 09:04:52 AM
Nothing like a pregnant woman holding a gun. GREAT pics.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 25th, 2004, 02:30:36 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/farscape/

Oh I can't wait :D

Jacen Parami
Aug 31st, 2004, 01:49:12 AM
:| wow :|

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 31st, 2004, 01:58:45 AM
Not impressed?

Droo
Aug 31st, 2004, 04:27:28 AM
Take back what I've said about her in the past; she's actually quite attractive. Watched the trailer, looks like fun although I've never watched an episode of Farscape my whole life so you can imagine how much sense that all made to me. ^_^;

Katina Van-Derveld
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:58:32 AM
Looking pretty good. I actually avoided watching the last couple of episodes of Farscape for the longest time because I didn't want it to end on a cliffhanger. I finally got around to watching them when they started airing the trailer. It's really not as bad of a cliffhanger as everyone made it out to be. :)

Edit to say that the narration for the trailer is retarded.

Malcolm Trippen
Aug 31st, 2004, 11:38:43 AM
I'm overwhelmed by coolness, people. I am a massive Farscape fan. Sorry...there isn't a "speechless" smiley. :| < that is the closest thing I could find...the :o one doesn't really look like the "Jaw hitting the floor" that I was hoping for...

[/Jacen]

Edit to agree with Katina's edit. :D

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 31st, 2004, 11:40:11 AM
Ahhhh. The :| usually implies indifference, you see.

Edit to say that the narration for the trailer is retarded.

Yeeeeeah.

I envy Scorpius, getting Sikozu up against a wall like that.

Dan the Man
Aug 31st, 2004, 11:41:24 AM
Have yet to see an iota of Farscape, so I'll probably be giving this a miss, as I probably won't be able to get into it.

Malcolm Trippen
Aug 31st, 2004, 11:42:37 AM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Ahhhh. The :| usually implies indifference, you see.

I know. It just was the closest-looking smiley to the expression I had on at the time. Felt I needed to say something, but couldn't think of what.

Have you guys looked at the Farscape website? All the technical entries are done as if John was writing them in his diary...:)

I thought it was funny at the time...

I envy Scorpius, getting Sikozu up against a wall like that.

Its not fair...I'm way better looking than he is. :cry

Edit: Guess that's not hard...

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 31st, 2004, 11:46:02 AM
Have you guys looked at the Farscape website? All the technical entries are done as if John was writing them in his diary...

Which website are you talking about? o_O Link pls.

Malcolm Trippen
Aug 31st, 2004, 11:55:52 AM
I think it was the Sci-Fi site. I clicked a banner when I was reading up on Atlantis, got a trailer, and found the database. Hang on...

http://www.scifi.com/farscape/

I think. Click "home", and its on the left, "Crichton's Notes". Its like little messages to explain what things are to the people back home, how they work, what it's like having breasts...that sort of thing.

:D

Edit: The trailer doesn't do F/S justice, though. I know its gonna be way cooler.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 12th, 2004, 10:21:55 AM
http://grantgould.com/misc/farscape/pkwars_poster.jpg

And there's the poster :)

Shawn
Oct 17th, 2004, 05:25:01 PM
Peacekeeper Wars airs TONIGHT. In about 1.5 hours, in fact (9pm EST/8pm CST)

Pierce Tondry
Oct 19th, 2004, 11:40:00 AM
I was all hepped up to catch this, then I remembered I don't get the Sci-Fi channel.

Thanks a lot for opening old wounds, Shawn. :cry :)

Seriously, though, does anyone want to spoil this for me seeing as how I can't watch it?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 19th, 2004, 01:22:00 PM
Darn it!!! I missed it. Along with...uh... all but the first six episodes.

Shawn
Oct 19th, 2004, 07:09:20 PM
http://www.savefarscape.com/stories/1098225272.php
'FARSCAPE' DECLARES 'WAR' ON THE COMPETITION

SCI FI Miniseries Premieres #1
Among P18-49 and P25-54

New York, NY (October 19, 2004) -- The fans have spoken. They frelling love their Farscape. The two-night, four-hour Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars (Oct. 17-18 @ 9-11pm ET/PT) premiere averaged a 1.7 HH rating/1,916,000 P2+, making SCI FI the #1 non-sports cable network for P25-54 and P18-49 for the time period over the two nights.

SCI FI trounced its competition among P25-54, outdelivering TNT (24%), TBS (45%) and Spike TV (42%). They fared no better among P18-49, with SCI FI outperforming TNT (32%), TBS (27%) and Spike TV (35%).

Peacekeeper Wars delivered an aggregate audience of 6,883,000 viewers over the two nights (4 telecasts of Night One, 3 telecasts of Night Two).

With a 1.5 HH rating/1,735,000 P2+, Night One of Peacekeeper Wars was up 81% in HH ratings and scored triple digit increases in key demos versus the time period average for October 2003:
• +163% in P25-54
• + 202% in P18-49

Night Two of the mini soared even higher, delivering a 1.9 HH rating/2,097,000 P2+ (Oct. 18 @9-11pm ET/PT). It improved upon the previous night's premiere by:
• +30% in HH rating
• +25% in P18-49
• +20% in P25-54 Glad to see they cancelled such a wonderful and unique show for stuff like Anonymous Rex and movies about giant, killer mosquitos.

Mind you, this also aired at the same time as several games, so that probably ate into the ratings some.