Aug 19th, 2004, 11:19:27 PM
i'm jealous :( no earthquakes here

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 20th, 2004, 12:54:35 AM
4.9?!?! OMG ITS HUGE!!

;) Congrats? Or...sorry?

Cardinal Aiyalin
Aug 21st, 2004, 08:18:46 AM
Eugh.. Sorry Charley.. earthquakes scare the living heck out of me (can I say h e double hockey sticks?).. I didn't even know Tennessee had earthquakes, and that's just another reason I would never move there.

On top of other things.

Charley, did you guys feel it? Did it damage anything?

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 21st, 2004, 03:00:44 PM
Earthquakes are scary (whenever I experience one it scares the crap out of me), I'll give you that, but a 4.9 really isn't a lot. When it's 6+ (7.1 anyone?) then we'll talk. ;)

Darth Viscera
Aug 21st, 2004, 03:17:18 PM
you know what's good? thunderstorms. turn the lights out, draw back the curtains and scare the crap out of yourself. quite exhilarating.

Slayn Cloak
Aug 21st, 2004, 04:49:47 PM
I love T storms, I don't think they're scarry though.

Darth Viscera
Aug 21st, 2004, 04:58:47 PM
not scary scary, more like enthralling. you just have to know how to get into them.

Silus Xilarian
Aug 22nd, 2004, 05:11:29 AM
I didnt feel this earthquake =(

And thunderstorms are made of awesome. Tornado's suck though.

Lorani T'sava
Aug 22nd, 2004, 08:15:25 AM
I'll take the Lightening, but I'll leave the Thunder. Awful stuff that thunder is. Unfortunatly for my significant other, we've never been together when we've had a thunder and/or lightening storm.

Dan the Man
Aug 22nd, 2004, 10:48:02 AM
No, I didn't feel this one. It was tiny.

The one that happened back in April '03 I did feel though. That was surreal. Woke up in the middle of the night thinking somebody was shaking my bed, only to find myself alone.

Cardinal Aiyalin
Aug 22nd, 2004, 11:31:18 AM
Nice..

Thunderstorms are definitely cool, I love watching the lightning flash before the thunder hits.

Tornados also suck. I've only been through one before and it was scary.. What was amazing is that you always hear that tornados sound like trains (the thundering of a train and the whistle), but it's really true. When I heard that sound it sent off oh crap alarms.

Everyone can say 4.9 was tiny, but it's big enough for me :)

Dan the Man
Aug 22nd, 2004, 12:36:30 PM
It is tiny.

The April '03 one was in the mid/high 5's, and even it was almost imperceptible. There was minor structural damage at the epicenter around Fort Payne, but in Tuscaloosa, it was still tough to really feel unless you were paying attention.

AmazonBabe
Aug 25th, 2004, 10:58:01 AM
I haven't felt an earthquake in a looooooooooooooong time... and I live in the land of earthquakes.

Maybe we're passing the torch on to AL. >D

Charley
Aug 25th, 2004, 11:32:09 AM
Wouldn't suprise me. We get all manners of calamaties here. Hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, forest fires, hail, thunderstorms, blizzards, and even earthquakes.

We haven't had a tsunami....yet.

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 25th, 2004, 07:04:05 PM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
you know what's good? thunderstorms. turn the lights out, draw back the curtains and scare the crap out of yourself. quite exhilarating.

I much prefer it when the thunderstorms turn the lights out for me. Huge thunderstorms that cause blackouts are so much fun for me. When I was little I used to live in a trailer home, and when it would storm real bad, we would almost always have a black out. When it thundered, the whole house vibrated. It stinking rocked.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Aug 25th, 2004, 07:59:42 PM
Its a love/hate thing for me. Abby is a total weenie when it comes to thunderstorms. If she so much as thinks one is coming, you'll never get her out of the house.