PDA

View Full Version : Demon-Kieran App

Demon-Kieran
Aug 19th, 2004, 06:37:59 PM
Name: Demon-Kieran Devaneaux
Race: Human clone
Height: 2 meters

Story: Demon-Kieran is the clone "brother" of Kieran Devaneaux, a Jedi and captain in the New Republic fleet. No one is entirely certain why or how Demon-Kieran was created (considering the last two people known to have any type of cloning facilities were Grand Admiral Thrawn and Emperor Palpatine), but it is rumored that an opponent of the Republic-sympathetic Devaneaux family somehow gained the genetic material of the unborn Kieran. The plan was to somehow replace Kieran with the clone when the time was right, and then - through the actions of the clone - cause the Devaneaux family to lose favor, since the family was said to be incredibly wealthy and powerful. All records pertaining to the Devaneaux family were lost following their deaths, and remain in the suppressed memories of Kieran Devaneaux himself. Not even his clone knows the truth.

The plan was discovered and its architects imprisoned, but not before they managed to assassinate the entire Devaneaux family, with the exception of Kieran; Demon-Kieran (as he was named by his creators) somehow escaped and, like his "brother", wandered from ship to ship. But where Kieran was more into serving the Republic and the Jedi Order, Demon-Kieran sought entry into the Sith and the Imperial Remnant. The Sovereignty appealed to him because of its martial traditions, and he believes that in order to fight his "brother", a captain of the NRSF, he would need to become a military officer himself.

Because of the apparent ineptitude of the scientists who created him, Demon-Kieran suffers from clone madness. It is only by exerting his own considerable force of will that he does not break into madness tantrums, but when his will fails and he does go into madness, he presents a danger to himself and to others. Demon-Kieran himself recommends that, because he is also a Force user, there should be some sort of Force supressant (i.e. ysalamiri) readily available to prevent severe damage or injury during these fits of clone madness.

EDIT: There is also an explanation for why Demon-Kieran looks to be in his mid-50s or 60s instead of in his early 20s, like Kieran himself; when Demon-Kieran was created, he was created as an adult subject, as in what Kieran would look like at age 23. Despite the fact that his hair is much shorter and is more dark mixed with gray, there are many familial similarities.

Telan Desaria
Aug 19th, 2004, 07:17:23 PM
After careful review, I have decided to accept your application to the Empire. At present I cannot assign you or hand a command. I will train you and test your abilities.

I will pm you about your training assignment. However, the following - to be posted here - is required before such action is taken.

I like the idea of clone madness and its control through a sheer force of will. That says much of your character's tenacity, though as such he will have to rp extensively to earn such a status IC.

The requirement being this: develop a Force suppressant of some kind that can be readily available and carriable by an officer on the field. Either via a pill, some sort of transplanted small ysalmiri surgically inserted into a cavity, some such thing. The actual design and device/solution itself is entirely at your discretion. However, wearing a Ysalmiri on a nutrient frame is not practical - you would not fit on battlefield vehicles or be able to sit on a ship's bridge.

When that is posted, I will contact you.

Other members are free to voice their comments.

Demon-Kieran
Aug 19th, 2004, 07:51:22 PM
The idea of a smaller ysalamiri transplanted in Demon-Kieran's body seems like an idea....its "Force-blocking bubble" would only work in a certain radius around Demon-Kieran himself, so it would not affect other Force users (even Jedi)....and perhaps it would react to his tantrums.....I like that idea.

Jarek T'chort
Aug 21st, 2004, 09:49:24 AM
I would like it if you are attached to the Imperial Army, having a force - sensitive as an assistant to ground commanders would give us an edge over our enemies - you would be trained of course and eventually be given a commission in the Army.

Thoughts?

Demon-Kieran
Aug 21st, 2004, 11:18:17 AM
An interesting proposal; you would be, of course, ready to handle the bouts of clone madness, if his brain decides to go nuts? (Of course, the implated ysalamir would compensate, but sometimes clocking him in the head works! Not that he'd like you when he woke up...*grin*)

Telan Desaria
Aug 21st, 2004, 11:51:50 AM
Jarek - he is yours. The Navy has quite a few good officers but you alone bear the burden of leading our massive ground force.

Jarek T'chort
Aug 21st, 2004, 03:31:57 PM
Originally posted by Demon-Kieran
An interesting proposal; you would be, of course, ready to handle the bouts of clone madness, if his brain decides to go nuts? (Of course, the implated ysalamir would compensate, but sometimes clocking him in the head works! Not that he'd like you when he woke up...*grin*)

Risks must be taken in war, plus if you do go nuts we have Tear to bring you back down to earth.

Originally posted by
Telan Desaria
Jarek - he is yours. The Navy has quite a few good officers but you alone bear the burden of leading our massive ground force.
Thank you, he can operate alonside Danik and myself, I forsee him being useful on Bestine.

Demon-Kieran: you will not be given a commission in the Imperial Army yet - we will await your training to be completed. If you need any help or information just ask away.

Also - Just what force powers do you possess?

Demon-Kieran
Aug 22nd, 2004, 07:18:20 AM
Just the rudimentary ones - push, pull, etc.; still developing the other stuff (i.e. Force grip, lightning, etc.)

Tiberius Anar
Aug 26th, 2004, 11:41:30 AM
You'd need to build them up very slowly. You know- to begin with it takes a lot of effort to make a pencil roll across a table. With time and practice it becomes easier, otherwise you risk getting the Jedi onto you- and I've seen how snippy they can get if someone has too much power too quickly so I strongly recommend you pace yourself in the powers dept.

Demon-Kieran
Aug 26th, 2004, 05:01:58 PM
Gotcha.

Teleran Balades
Aug 26th, 2004, 08:44:39 PM
No one seemed to mind Tear too much. I think the basic skills should be o.k to start out with. Just don't over-do it like Anar said and you should keep the jedi from breathing down your neck.

Jarek T'chort
Aug 27th, 2004, 12:42:13 PM
Originally posted by Demon-Kieran
Gotcha.

Check your pm's.

Demon-Kieran
Aug 27th, 2004, 06:51:38 PM
I got it.

-DK.D.

Tear
Aug 28th, 2004, 01:01:57 AM
*Flex* Its all about the attitude.:cool

Teleran Balades
Aug 28th, 2004, 12:50:01 PM
Which one? The suave, sophisticated one, or the kill all the innocents just to see the blood run one?

Demon-Kieran
Aug 28th, 2004, 01:40:33 PM
Both, depending on your perspective. :D

-DK.D.

Danik Drayton
Sep 3rd, 2004, 02:18:29 PM
Just saying hello to our newest member. Welcome aboard from Colonel Danik Drayton Imperial Ground Forces

Jarek T'chort
Sep 8th, 2004, 07:50:39 PM
Demon-Kieran - check the Royal Courtyard.