PDA

View Full Version : Turning Over a New Leaf (open)

Keira Sparrow
Aug 19th, 2004, 12:37:05 PM
The public airtaxi gently bumped into the landing platform at the ground level of the Jedi Temple.

Stepping off, Keira Sparrow pulled her shoulder bag with her. She paid the driver a little change that she had left and sighed, looking at the remaining bit. It wasn't much. But hopefully she wouldn't need it here.

She looked around with bright greeny-blue eyes at the towering center spire of the Temple that towered thousands of meters above her. She turned around and saw two of the other spires, smaller ones jut out of the ground and towards the magnificent skyline, where the golden sun was just beginning to set off on the horizon.

She turned around to face the entrance once more before she she spotted a few Jedi in cloaks leaving. She tried to hurry over but they soon caught taxis and left the area.

She turned to one of the guards who was guarding the entrance. She then turned to the door and was ready to push through.

The guard turned his glaring stare over to face her. "And where are you going?"

Keira turned to face him. "Um... I got a message from one of the Jedi Masters. He said I was accepted into the Order." She pulled out a small datapad and showed him.

He told her the directions, she thanked him and entered.

She was in a fair-sized hallway, smooth marble flooring with mosiacs decorating it and ornately stone carved hallways on eitherside.

She began walking towards the directions that the man had given her, but found that this place was so big and complex, that she was soon muddled up. She continued looking for it, hoping that she didn't look like a stupid lost stranger. Which... she awkwardly felt she was.

Jacen
Aug 19th, 2004, 04:07:32 PM
Jacen was walking through the halls of the Jedi Temple, still getting a feel for the place, while trying to run a few errands as well. He was walking out of a room backwards, holding a few books whe he bumped into Keira, knocking his books out of his hand. He dropped to his knees to gather them up. He also looked up at the girl. "Oh I'm sorry. I should have been more careful."

Keira Sparrow
Aug 20th, 2004, 02:25:06 AM
Keira had been looking at the marble floor, trying to remember the directions that the guard had given her, when all of a sudden she walked straight into Jacen, who was back up out of a room.

The books fell from his arms and he stopped to pick them up. "Oh no... I'm... I'm sorry." She felt her pale cheeks flush embarassed as she knelt down and helped him pick up the books.

"I didn't mean to. You know, just not watching where I was going." She laughed quietly a little awkwardly. She bit her lip, thinking of how stupid she must have sounded...

Jacen
Aug 20th, 2004, 02:37:21 AM
When all the books were recovered, Jacen stood up and checked to make sure Keira was alright. When she started to apologize, he just shook his head. "Don't worry about it. Accidents happen. Name's Jacen by the way."

Keira Sparrow
Aug 20th, 2004, 09:28:33 PM
Keira stood up and nodded, feeling a littel better that he wasn't mad or anything about what had happened. "Nice to meet you Jacen. I'm Keira." She stuck out her hand. She bit her lip, "You wouldn't possibly know where the quarters are you? So I can maybe move in. I'm really new at this moving thing."

She almost laughed to herself. She knew directions fairly well, but that was only on the lower levels of Coruscant, where she had grown up. On Upper Coruscant, it was so complicated and complex that it was mind boggling.

Jacen
Aug 23rd, 2004, 01:50:03 PM
"Umm...not really. I'm kinda new myself, you see. But I can help you look if you would like."

Keira Sparrow
Aug 23rd, 2004, 11:45:19 PM
"That would be nice." Keira said with a small smile. "If you don't mind. If you're busy, I understand..." She added quickly.

Jacen
Aug 24th, 2004, 01:13:20 PM
"No, not at all. I only have to drop these books off at my room. It is on the second floor, and come to think of it, there might be a few rooms up there available."

Keira Sparrow
Aug 25th, 2004, 11:59:35 PM
Hearing the good news brightened Keira's mood. She knew that she would have found the quarters on her own, sooner or later... but it was nice that she managed to meet someone and find out where the quarters were. 'Knock down a hawk bat with two stones', the saying went.

"Oh that'd be great, thanks."

Jacen
Aug 26th, 2004, 08:26:49 AM
"Ok then. Follow me," Jacen said as he began walking down the hall towards a flight of stairs. "So where are you from?"

Keira Sparrow
Aug 30th, 2004, 02:45:55 AM
Keira walked towards him, walking a little more quickly than usual. Managing to match his stride, she spoke. "I live on Coruscant actually. Only, this Upper Level thing is kinda new to me..." She felt her face flush, embarassed, she tried to change the subject.

"Where were you from?"

Jacen
Aug 30th, 2004, 02:06:52 PM
"I'm from Coruscant too actually. The people who raised me, run a cafe not to far from here."

Keira Sparrow
Aug 31st, 2004, 02:39:52 AM
"Really?" Keira raised an eyebrow. It seemed a little strange having something in common with the first person she met at the Jedi Temple.

Obviously, she would have the force ability in common with everyone else, but being raised by people who own a cafe...? That was too weird...

"What's the name of the cafe?" She asked, curious to see if she recognized the name as she had passed it.

Jacen
Aug 31st, 2004, 02:37:32 PM
"Dancing Gungan," Jacen said as he reached out to open his door. Once the door slid open, he stepped inside to place the books down. "Please come in. I'm just going to get a glass of water really quick. Would you like anything?"

Keira Sparrow
Sep 1st, 2004, 01:42:38 AM
Keira nodded thoughtfully. The name sounded somehow familiar to her, so she must have passed it or heard it somewhere else...

She looked around as she stepped inside, trying not to be overly curious. Just being at the Jedi Temple was a little intimidating. She thought that the inside would be as elegant as the outside seemed. It was elegant, but in a simple way. There was a closet, small bathroom, bed and a small desk and a shelf. It looked comfortable enough.

She bit her lip, wondering if all the quarters looked like this. If they did, she'd have to get used to them... She was used to Lower class quarters, and despite the fact that these weren't overly lavish or anything, thy still looked better than what she was used to.

She looked over in his direction as he spoke. She bit her inner lip and felt her stomach growl. She sighed quietly, remembering that she hadn't eaten since the previous day. "I'm a little hungry. But if you have a mess hall or whatever, that'd be great."

Jacen
Sep 1st, 2004, 06:28:05 PM
"Well, I don't know about mess halls, but there is a small bar and grill used by the Jedi not far from here if you would like to go there."

Keira Sparrow
Sep 2nd, 2004, 12:41:08 AM
Keira nodded. "That sounds like it could be alright. What's the name of the place?"

Jacen
Sep 3rd, 2004, 12:37:53 PM
"Yog's Bar and Grill," he replied as he opened a draw to withdraw some spare change.

Keira Sparrow
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:09:13 AM
Keira saw him open a drawer and heard the slight tinkle of the metallic credits rustle around and clink lightly into each other. She bit her lip and put her own hand in her pocket, searching for some change.

She managed to find some left over change she still had from the money that Yarin had given her.

Jacen
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:38:47 AM
When he had put the credit in his pocket he looked up and his long ponytail flung around behind him. "Well, ready to go?"

Keira Sparrow
Sep 12th, 2004, 03:54:10 AM
Keira nodded, feeling the bit of leftover change in her hand. "Ready when you are."

Jacen
Sep 12th, 2004, 07:40:26 PM
Jacen smiled as he walked out of the door and waited for Keira to follow him. "Ok then off we go. So why did ya come here?"

Arianna Starstreaker
Sep 15th, 2004, 10:15:46 PM

Keira Sparrow
Sep 15th, 2004, 10:20:39 PM
Keira nodded and smiled slightly as she followed him into the hallway. As they walked, she spoke. "I found out my mother was a Jedi so I came to find out if I was force sensitive or not." She shrugged. "There isn't too much more to tell..."

She paused for a moment. "What about you?"

Jacen
Sep 16th, 2004, 11:54:31 AM
"Well...I like to help people and that is what I did before I came here, but I just thought that if I came here, I would be able to help more people than ever could living on the streets."

Keira Sparrow
Sep 18th, 2004, 09:31:11 PM
Keira nodded in agreement. "It's a good goal to have."

She sighed. "It's too bad that there aren't many willing to make a difference or help others in the galaxy."

Jacen
Sep 21st, 2004, 09:58:28 PM
"Well there is probably more than we think, but they just think they have some kind of attitude to uphold."

Keira Sparrow
Sep 25th, 2004, 12:04:07 AM
Keira nodded in thoughtful agreement. "An interesting view of your perspective. Some think that arrogance is cool... And it's better to be cool than uncool and help everyone out a little."

Jacen
Sep 27th, 2004, 01:07:41 PM
"Unfortunately that's the way society has shaped us. To look more presentable to others than doing what is right....well anyways, let's go shal we?"