PDA

View Full Version : Freddy vs. Jason... vs. Ash?

Figrin D'an
Aug 17th, 2004, 02:24:23 PM
Looks like it could happen, if Sam Raimi agrees to a deal.

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270338&obj_id=42337

Freddy and Jasons fans, plus Evil Dead/Bruce Campbell fans in the same theatre would be... interesting.

darth_mcbain
Aug 17th, 2004, 02:32:46 PM
I don't know - IMHO I think this is one crossover that is just going to suck. I don't even see how fans from each respective franchise could save this from being a stinker at the B.O.

Figrin D'an
Aug 17th, 2004, 02:48:28 PM
Good or bad cinematically, I think there's enough fans of each of the involved franchises to make it moderately successful. The Evil Dead/Bruce Campbell fanbase has grown a fair amount in the past 10 years, and considering it would be the first time in over a decade to see the Ash character on screen, those fans won't miss the opportunity.

It won't do great at the box office, but I don't forsee a stinker either.

JMK
Aug 17th, 2004, 03:25:09 PM
I also heard that a Garfield/Scooby Doo crossover is in the works, as well as a Lethal Weapon/Beverly Hills Cop crossover movie.

Please. Don't do it. We've endured enough.

Figrin D'an
Aug 17th, 2004, 03:55:28 PM
Originally posted by JMK
I also heard that a Garfield/Scooby Doo crossover is in the works, as well as a Lethal Weapon/Beverly Hills Cop crossover movie.

Please. Don't do it. We've endured enough.

hehe... I know. I'm not a fan of crossovers either. I've ranted a fair share about them myself. But as long as they make money, we'll be seeing more of them. They're kind of like the carnival side show that you know will be stupid and lame, but something compells you to look anyway.

Charley
Aug 17th, 2004, 04:25:42 PM
This seems like it would work. Cheesy horror smorgasborg.

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 17th, 2004, 06:13:35 PM
My brain seized when thinking how bad this could be :x

Zasz Grimm
Aug 17th, 2004, 07:08:18 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Telcontar
My brain seized when thinking how bad this could be :x

sounds ok, I'll watch it for Bruce Campbell, and Robert Englund alone. IMO, they shoulda made a sequel for army of darkness.

Droo
Aug 17th, 2004, 07:14:45 PM
As long as they keep Michael Myers out of this, regardless of how much the Halloween series has been butchered, I'll be happy. Let em go lay waste to the sad remnants of the horror genre.

Razielle Shadana
Aug 18th, 2004, 11:16:40 AM
Bruce.....?

I'm there. :smokin :p

Mu Satach
Aug 18th, 2004, 05:36:26 PM
As much as I'd love to see this, (and I would see it multiple times regardless of how bad it would be) a flipping HUGE part of me doesn't want it to happen unless Sam is the director. But seeing as how Spidey has engulfed my hero's life for the next few years I doubt New Line would wait for him... and I just can't see Ash without Sam throwing stuff at him from off camera.