PDA

View Full Version : Starting Over...again...(Wei) [complete]

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 16th, 2004, 08:53:39 PM
She had been re-accepted...the acceptance letter had come in a day ago.

Quay'Na Rakai was once again part of the Greater Jedi Order. For the acceptance she believed, would not come. How she had under-estimated it.

Here she was nearly seven months pregnant and ready to take on whatever was before her. Soon, she would be a mother and that would be the biggest life changing event she would ever take on.

Her family couldn't wait, nor could she. Especially, after being told she'd never be able to carry a child.

With a hand on her belly, a smile on her face and pulling a small trolley with her things, she began to look for a room. She was hoping to find a two or three bedroom, so it would be spacious enough for a baby and a roommate, if one ever came about.

Quay remembered where a couple of rooms where that would no doubt fit her needs. She was bubbling with excitement, it felt good to be back in the walls of the Jedi....again.

After all, about four months had passed since she'd left and here she was back in the innards of the Temple she had adored. She would make it this time, she knew very well what she wanted.

With a few knocks on the doors, she finally found a residency that was indeed open and available. Quay pulled the trolley inside and looked around.

Nice kitchen, large living area, three bedrooms and two 'freshers. It was a perfect find. But, what she liked the most was the large picture window that was in the living area, showing a city that went on forever.

Many memories flashed through her mind, but she let them pass. This was a new day and she would forget everything in her past and start off fresh. Quay needed to this time, to ensure a stable home and family to her son.

This was her chance to start over and she was going to do just that. This time would be better, Quay just knew it.

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 18th, 2004, 03:48:21 PM
Wei Wu Wei walked confidently down the halls of the Living Quarters, heading on his way to do this and that. It was an incredibly airy and laid back day.

"Quay' Na? Is that you?" Wei asked in disbelief as he glanced at the young Padawan.

"I'll be! Last I heard from you was at a Council meeting. You had declared your love and immediate departure. Look at you now!" Wei was all smiles. It was as if a prodigal child had returned.

The young woman's belly had increased sizably, but the Knight decided not to mention it as of yet. "So what brings you back to the Order?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 18th, 2004, 08:57:16 PM
Quay'Na was just as surprised to see Master Wei, things hadn't gone well in her leaving. But, she was back and that was all that mattered to her.

She bowed as best as she could to greet the Jedi Knight. "Master Wei, it's good to see a welcoming face."

Quay couldn't help, but smile. "I've had a life changing event happen...my soon-to-be son." She patted her stomach. "Two more months and he'll be part of this world, Master Wei."

She paused for a moment. "I wanted him to be part of this, I wanted to come back to become a Jedi Knight, I owe it to myself and my son and only my actions will allow that."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 19th, 2004, 12:40:23 PM
Wei nodded. "It seems you've learned quite a bit since you've been gone. Have you found a new room yet? And is that all you have with you in that wagon?"

He was no midwife, but Wei knew that pregnant women ought not to lift heavy things. "I can help you if you need to rearrange furniture, or bring in your heavy boxes. That is, if you have any."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 19th, 2004, 08:40:47 PM
"Well, ummm...I really don't have anything else." She looked down for a moment, then back up.

"I haven't bought any baby things yet. I wanted to wait and see if I was going to be allowed to come back first. And I guess, this is my new place." She lifted her arm as if a show host and smiled.

"Would you like to come in? I was just...kick..." Quay sucked in breath and leaned against the door.

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 19th, 2004, 09:25:05 PM
Wei got an arm around Quay, and tried to help her up. He wondered what was going on. Surely the baby wasn't coming now?

"Quay'Na, are you all right?"

Wei took the woman's weight on him, and used a free hand to open the door. He helped her inside and helped her to lay down on the bed.

Quickly, the Knight fetched the trolley, and began to look around in it for a purse, handbag, or something that might give him a clue as to which hospital to contact. Surely the woman had to have planned in advance which hospital she was to go to for delivery.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 20th, 2004, 11:57:59 PM
"I'll be alright, Master Wei." Quay breathed. "My son likes to kick, I think he'll be a soccer player. Imagine that, a Jedi soccer player."

She lay there for a few moments and then slowly got up. "Having a child is exciting, but knowing that it's going to hurt is kinda scary. I've decided to have him naturally, I don't want any drugs."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 21st, 2004, 08:27:19 AM
Wei nodded. "How brave of you." He offered an encouraging smile.

"Well, you just sit here, on the bed. I've brought your cart inside, so you just tell me what you want taken out and where to put it, and I'll take care of the rest."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 21st, 2004, 10:19:19 PM
Three boxes and two dufflebags.

Quay'Na sighed and sat back down. "Well, there's not much. The dufflebags have my clothes, which are all on hangers so they won't be hard to take care of."

She had to think for a moment what was in the boxes. "The top box is pictures, the one under it has my computer stuff and the other is miscellaneous stuff. I don't even think I unpacked it when I left here."

Quay'Na leaned back. "It seems almost a lifetime ago that I left. I probably never should have, but I was in a different state of mind at that time. My ordeal with Brent really messed me up, it's part of my life that I just am going to forget."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 22nd, 2004, 11:17:57 AM
"Or rather, it is a part of your life that you ought to learn from and remember. You can use that experience to teach others so they won't make the same mistake."

Wei lifted the picture box off of the wagon and set it to the side. Then he lifted the computer box and set it by the desk.

"You know," he said as he looked around the room, "if you would like, we can also rearrrange the furniture."

Now that the Knight thought about it, he had all the time in the world to help.

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 22nd, 2004, 08:33:02 PM
"I hope no one here has to go through what I did with Brent. What he did to me was unfathomable, Master Wei. I left here for love, but that love left me and suddenly Brent Yagher was in my life."

Quay'Na sighed. "I wasn't interested in him at all, but boy was he interested in me and he pulled quite a stunt to get me and now here I am carrying my son. Not our son, because I will not claim him as being the father, not after what he did and is still doing to this day."

Quay'Na suddenly realized what she had been saying. "I'm sorry, I've said too much." On a brighter note, she smiled and shook her head.

"You're right, the arrangement of furniture in my room is rather crowded, perhaps I should check out the other two bedrooms and then decide which one I want."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 22nd, 2004, 09:06:54 PM
"Sounds good."

It was quite a sad thing to hear about Quay Na's condition. Naturally she would feel as though she had spoken out of place, but Wei knew better than to agree. The Knight had learned that an open ear was good medicine for a broken heart and hurt feelings. In fact, he felt as though she had not quite said enough.

"Let me know which one you would like, and I'll take your clothes bags in there for you to unpack later on."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 23rd, 2004, 07:19:31 AM
"Sounds great," she smiled as she stood up. "Maybe he's asleep now."

She walked from the room they were in and Quay checked out the other two bedroom and chose the middle one. "I think, this one will fit my needs. It's big enough for my bed and a bassinet. I don't really want to put Aramis in his own room for a couple of months."

She walked over to the window and smiled at the lengthy view. "I've nearly forgotten the view of the city from here. It's always so perfect."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 23rd, 2004, 08:28:32 AM
"Serenity is key to walking the path of the Jedi. It helps to have a nice view," Wu Wei replied and set her bags down.

"Oh, speaking of a bassinet, do you have things you'll need for your baby yet? Furniture, diapers, clothes, and the like? Well, you wouldn't really be able to buy clothes for the kid until you actually found out how big he was."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 23rd, 2004, 11:22:29 AM
"I'm hoping to go shopping very soon. I think, I've procrastinated long enough. Though the room we were just in would be a perfect size for Aramis. I'd like to paint it though, probably blue and get oak furniture. I think that would make a very nice room." Quay replied as she thought about when she should start thinking about this shopping trip.

"It'll be quite a shopping spree, I believe."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 23rd, 2004, 01:19:20 PM
"Indeed it will be."

From what it seemed, the girl had nothing at all to help with the care of her baby. That would have to change.

"Oh well. First things first. And that is getting you unpacked. You know better than me how you want your clothes arranged, so you do that and I'll set up your computer at the desk."

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 23rd, 2004, 02:14:06 PM
Quay'Na gave him a thankful smile. "That sounds great, I was really dreading having to crawl under that desk to get everything hooked up and plugged in."

She was very grateful that Wei was here to give her a hand and it probably shown on her face.

Quay started unpacking her clothes and hanging them up, she was a very tidy person and liked having her room in order. But, for some reason knew that when her son arrived, things may start being in some disarray.

"I really can't thank you enough, Master Wei for helping me." She said as she turned and grabbed another hanger.

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 23rd, 2004, 09:28:50 PM
Wei swatted his hand at the air with a dismissing gesture. "Think nothing of it. Just doing what Jedi do."

Speaking of doing what Jedi do, Wei was curious. "Quay Na, how much training did you recieve before you left?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 24th, 2004, 05:16:26 AM
"That is a good question." Quay laughed slightly as she looked at him, though in true reality, it wasn't very funny.

"Depends on which master. Sage tested me on my animal knowledge mostly, after my first return when Master Ira died. After Sage left, I had no master for quite a while and then I ended up with Morgan and we didn't really do much and then Helenias took me on and she taught me some fighting techniques, telekinesis--which I'm still not the greatest at and telepathy."

Quay paused for a moment. "My strong points are in piloting and communicating with animals, as well as controll them."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 24th, 2004, 06:49:47 AM
Wei nodded. "Well, that certainly is interesting."

Quay had no experience in Force Boosting, or Healing. Her telekinesis was not the best, but that could be worked on.

"Tell you what. After you have your baby, and you've had some time to recover and spend time with your child, we will get together and I'll help you out. We'll review your combat training, telepathy, and have a small workshop type session on telekinesis. Then we'll teach you Force Boosting and Force Healing. How does that sound?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 24th, 2004, 11:24:07 AM
Quay's eyes widened. "That sounds great, does that mean...you're going to be my master?" She had a hopeful look in her eyes.

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 24th, 2004, 05:44:02 PM
Wei smiled. "In so many words, yes. You may also bring your baby to class with you if you would like. I will be checking on you every now and then to see how you are doing until you have your baby. I would also like to know when the expected delivery date is so I can make room in my schedule to be there if you need me. And if the baby comes early or late, I would also like to be one of the first to know."

He gave her a pat on the shoulder. "Now then, if you need me, you can find me on the very top floor of the Living Quarters, ok? And here is my number to reach me. Please take the turbolift when you come to visit. Now, I'm going to go get your computer set up, and then I'll be on my way. You get a hold of me if you need anything. All right?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 24th, 2004, 08:09:13 PM
Quay'Na listened carefully to Master Wei's instructions, she couldn't believe that she had gotten a master so quickly.

"Of course, Master Wei. I'll write the date down and my comm number. I just went to the doctor last week and he believes I've got about eight more weeks to go."

Quay'Na smiled happily, things were going really well.

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 25th, 2004, 09:10:18 AM
"Sounds like a plan. Now, about that computer..."

Wei left his new Padawan to her clothes, and he began setting things out and around the desk. He put the CPU beside the desk and began to connect the keyboard and mouse. Then he set those things on top of the desk along with the screen. Once the screen and speakers were connected to the CPU, he plugged them all into the sockets on the wall.

"Your computer is ready for you whenever you need it," he called from the living room. I've got some things to take care of, so I'm going to head out. Is there anything you need before I go?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Aug 25th, 2004, 08:08:07 PM
Quay'Na walked back out into the living area. "Not that I can think of at the moment, Master." She answered with a smile.

"Thank you again, for your help it's much apprieciated. Please come by whenever you like."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 25th, 2004, 08:42:40 PM
Wei grinned and gave a short, curt, nod.

"All righty. See you later, Quay Na."

With that, he politely let himself out and headed for the turbolift.