PDA

View Full Version : HanLaoTai Recruitment Sheet

HanLaoTai
Aug 14th, 2004, 02:25:44 AM
Character name: Han

Character Profile: Silent guy. Doesnt like to be beaten, a very active warrior.

Character History: Han Lao Tai was born 20 years ago on a long forgotten planet, he was born as a white man but his family were all chinese and also the people who he lived with.
Han Grew Up like the culture there, at the age of 10 they all knew 5 styles of Martial Arts which were - Jeet kune do, Kung-fu, Tai Chi, Ninjistu and Chinese Kickboxing. But At the Age of 18 Han was given a gift, on their planet they call it Urnimorph, it is when a beast is inside of you and when you are in anger or in pain the beast comes out (transforms) and destroyes the source. Han recieved the Urni of the Tiger, soon after Han started training to learn how to use The Urn, his father died after that Han left the planet unbearing the pain inside, as he was leaving with a small capsule he saw the Jedi destroy his planet with great big space ships... Since then Han swore to help in destroying the Jedi.

Character Motivations: I would like to join the Sith because It is my destiny and also I have an incredible hatred towards the Jedi.

Character Skills: Great fighter, Imense speed. Becoming Urn, Great Sense of smell, Great Hearing.

Charecter Weakness: Too Wreckless, Unable to use a sword, lacks stealth skill, easily gets confused.

Why should we accept you: My Charecter would be good, to help others learn, he would show respect towards each sith no matter rank or power, he would gladly give his life for the sith warlords.

Do you understand that your application can be rejected: Yes I Do.

Je'gan Olra'en
Aug 14th, 2004, 11:36:31 AM
Yes.

Like I said by PM, make sure to give him a weakness or two.

Your RP'ing and writing fall within acceptable standards. Good job, keep at it.

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 17th, 2004, 05:11:28 AM
Like I said by PM, make sure to give him a weakness or two.

So long as you keep the skills down to a reasonable level, Yes.

Southstar
Aug 20th, 2004, 10:48:39 PM
I'm a little iffy about the Earth/real-world referances (ie: Tiger, Chinese). Remember, this is Star Wars forum. Other than that, I think it is relatively good. You have my vote on the condition that the real-world referances are downplayed.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 21st, 2004, 02:58:06 AM
Wait, have you editted the profile since you originally posted it?

Character Skills: Great fighter, Imense speed. Becoming Urn, Great Sense of smell, Great Hearing.

These need to be toned down. Also, this "Urn" business... what??

Je'gan Olra'en
Aug 22nd, 2004, 08:36:03 AM
Remember Razvan? 'Urn' was his ticket to DBZ junk and so forth.

I'm liking the weaknesses, Tai.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 22nd, 2004, 01:02:11 PM
Remember Razvan? 'Urn' was his ticket to DBZ junk and so forth.

Ah. Okay. Gonna need a full, doable explanation of this then, otherwise I'll be changing my vote.

Aurora Silvin
Aug 30th, 2004, 12:29:33 AM
(This is Rivin/Rasha/Ida)

I say as long as you use common sence, and for the most part avoid the non-StarWars stuff, or intergrate the non-StarWars stuff so that it is plausable in the SW Universe, I see no problems. I vote Yes. Though I admit the explanasion would be nice.

HanLaoTai
Sep 8th, 2004, 06:29:10 AM
Razvan? Well the urn is a japanese anime and it is ace, I'm sorry if i didnt make any sense or if it sounds like I'm copying, but I am not!

But I don't see how the urn link with DBZ, it is completely different plus it doesn't include kame hame ha's hah :D .

Thank you for all the yes votes and for those who voted no, well thats your decision.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 8th, 2004, 06:38:25 AM
You'll have to actually explain what "the urn" is for it to be acceptable. Just a pointer- we generally try to avoid just lifting concepts straight from movies/games/TV shows. Remember, this is Star Wars roleplaying.

Lady Vader
Sep 8th, 2004, 10:44:50 AM
My vote is still pending until I get a complete explaination of this Urn thing.

Also, the less DBZ stuff associated into SW RPing, the better your chances are of being respected by other RPers. We've had some past RPers that did the DBZ thing, and, well, it didn't sit well with most of the members here at SWF.

HanLaoTai
Sep 9th, 2004, 07:22:15 AM
The Urn is a human that is cursed with an animal and when he stresses out or is hurt badly, he turns into his beast until he can calm down or he choses to!

Not the best curse but it helps!

Lady Vader
Sep 9th, 2004, 05:56:54 PM
Hmmm... I don't know. Perhaps you should think more along the lines of shape-shifter (forgot the species name) or maybe a Lupine?

I mean, I guess don't see anything wrong with it, but I want to hear what the other members think before I place a vote down.

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 9th, 2004, 06:47:37 PM
LV, you're thinking of Shi'ido, or Clawdites, or Stennes Shifters.

Eh...I don't know. Give it a bit of tech backstory - something besides 'curse', perchance - and I'd have no real problem with it.

HanLaoTai
Sep 10th, 2004, 05:01:13 AM
What's wrong with the curse thing?
I like it!
Darn, this is begining to get worse than i thought

Southstar
Sep 13th, 2004, 01:43:08 PM
Well this is a Star Wars forum

HanLaoTai
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:56:24 AM
Yeah, but no one has explored the full galaxy to know what is laying ahead, thats why star wars is so exciting, you never know what lays ahead!

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 16th, 2004, 03:11:39 PM
I'm going to have to say no Urn. Sorry.

Lady Vader
Sep 16th, 2004, 06:25:48 PM
No need to get excited, HanLao. We're just trying to help you find a way to make it fit a bit better with the Star Wars feel.

HanLaoTai
Sep 18th, 2004, 12:34:40 PM
I'm not getting excited, but dont you think its unfair? I've been here for about 2 weeks and still you are not allowing me, in two weeks I could of joined every other side, I dont think you're quite being fair with me!

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 18th, 2004, 03:36:00 PM
I think everyone else goes through things like this, to help make their character more realistic and generally more fun to play and to interact with. Thus, I think we're being very fair.

Two weeks is nothing, bud.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 19th, 2004, 02:40:20 AM
If you're that bothered by the wait, you're free to go and try to join another group. No one is forcing you to apply to TSO.

Arcanus Kaze
Sep 22nd, 2004, 11:43:14 AM
2 weeks? is that it?

I've been here for like a month.. not that I'm complaining, of course.