PDA

View Full Version : Putting out Feelers for... A SEQUEL

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 13th, 2004, 02:49:39 PM
Hey all. I was re-reading Sick Cycle Carousel, and it's really LONG, but overall, pretty darn good.

Yes, Mark, you went on and on and on in some of your posts. S'ok, we forgive you.

But as I was reading, I got all nostalgic, and I'd like to plan a 'sequel' to Sick Cycle Carousel. All I need is a reason for all of the main characters to converge on the same planet again.

It's now about 5 years after SCC, and the characters are all different. Arya is an established character, DT is a devilish killing machine, and I'm not sure what happened to Marcus/Gen. Tomahawk.

Actually, Mark, what did happen to Marcus Q'Dunn-Elessar-Telcontar? Did you wipe out his backstory (which makes most of SCC obsolete, actually) ?

Anyway, thoughts, I need 'em.

And the main characters from SCC were: Arya Ravenwing, Gen. Tomahawk/ForceMasterHunter/Marcus Q'Dunn, Jyanis Scorpion, Gurney Devries, Nathan West, Pierce Tondry, Lord Fire Blade/Helenias Q'Dunn/Eileen Cross, and Turbogeek the clone.

edit: And let's be honest, we haven't had quality RPing out of Mark since She Who Will Not Be Named But Starts With An X got here. ;)

Slayn Cloak
Aug 13th, 2004, 02:54:09 PM
:: dances around crazily ::

Can I play too hollie?!? PALEEEEEEEASE?

No, seriously can I?

::brain goes crazy with millions of thread ideas :: <-------- that's what Gav likes about me...

:crack

edit* OMG LMAO

now more of this :crack

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 13th, 2004, 04:32:19 PM
well I don't see why not.

Slayn Cloak
Aug 13th, 2004, 04:45:02 PM
Yaay! :: dances more ::

get on aim so I can throw all kind of almost nonsenseical crazy idea at you... It's really a usefull tool.

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 13th, 2004, 05:52:24 PM
Well, SCC is valid in the backstory, as it has absolutly none of She-who-must-not-be-named-and-thanks-but-dont-remind-me-how-much-I-have-of-the-suck-because-of-her and yes, it's a great idea.

What happned to Marcus now is that he went back home, came back, had a few things happen and is presently spending his days looking after a 2 month old toxic waste processor, otherwise known as a baby daughter, basically decided he's had enough of the Galaxy's problems and is going to go nerf herding on Ukio, actually have some peace and quiet.

DT is somewhere killing things and still harbouring a secret crush on Arya

Charley
Aug 13th, 2004, 06:29:03 PM
If Arya's involved, I forsee Sanis and Dan not far behind.

Pierce Tondry
Aug 13th, 2004, 07:33:21 PM
Heh, it's like there'd be a role-reversal. Pierce used to be the main villain, now he's a good guy. DT used to be good, now he's a villain. I think that might work well if we craft a story around that somehow.

Darth Turbogeek
Aug 13th, 2004, 08:11:00 PM
Did someone say my name three times? And where's that hot hoochie Arya, I can sure like to get some of that fine stuff in that sweet leather clad pants of hers.

And what do you mean I'm evil? I'm sick, depraved, sadistic, bloodthirsty AND evil Get it right or I'll slit your throat with a rusted piece of wire. Blunt of course. The fun in slitting throats is the victim realising how much pain and blood they'll loose before dying. You know what really adds a great touch? Supping on the blood as it pumps out. Their last dying gargle knowing I'M IN THEIR THROAT, DRINKING THEIR BLOOD!

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, I kill me.

Edit : It's because I look like a weedy rat. But i swear, you say that to my face, I'll give you a lightsabre enema

edit : It's been so long, I forgot the password :( But if you hassle me on it, I'll kill you for that too. In fact breathe wrong and I'll kill you. Eh stuff it, Die now and save me the bother.

Pierce Tondry
Aug 13th, 2004, 08:17:00 PM
edit : It's been so long, I forgot the password :(

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

... I really hope I can remember Hob's password now.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 13th, 2004, 09:08:10 PM
Ground rules for this RP:

Butt kicking. Politics. And no one quits until we've reached the end.

Slayn Cloak
Aug 13th, 2004, 11:43:11 PM
I can do all of those, thought Slayn is really annoying, and Jedi like, when it comes to but kicking. He really has to have a reason to fight; otherwise he just tries to dark jedi his way out of it. ( becom manipulative and talk a lot... nonsensically uasually. )

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 13th, 2004, 11:53:03 PM
DT's master used to be Jeseth Cloak. I think that's your in to this RP.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 16th, 2004, 02:06:18 AM
DT's master used to be Jeseth Cloak. I think that's your in to this RP.

Ooooh, I could sneak Salem in that way (he and DT worked together under Jeseth, for a short while).

Slayn Cloak
Aug 16th, 2004, 11:17:38 AM
:: dances more like a ryth really ::

Slayn would try to controll them then. Not in the controlling sort of a way but more in the recruiting type. All asumee they're not masters, though DT has been around since the first frying pan so... some clarity please...

James Prent
Aug 16th, 2004, 01:24:53 PM
you two - talk to Mark about it. We need puppet masters for a revolution, possibly.

And DT is a clone, 'raised' by Jeseth before he left. He's about 5 years old, is fully grown, and evil. Possibly becoming insane too.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 16th, 2004, 01:52:38 PM
http://meras.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8008 < there's a bio of Turbogeek for you :)

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 16th, 2004, 03:06:33 PM
DT is uncontrollable and no longer acknowledges anyone as Master. He's an A-Grade nutcase. Cloning does that to you, you know :)

Cardinal Aiyalin
Aug 16th, 2004, 03:11:25 PM
Hmm.. If I could work it in, I could participate..

Afterall Bel knew DT at the GJO (that was one wicked spar, Mark) and Card was Jeseth's apprentice and "brother" through the Black Hand..

Zasz Grimm
Aug 17th, 2004, 02:38:11 PM
Zasz's backstory was that he got back around due to Jeseth Cloak. That and I really haven't RP'd in a long, long while.

If I'm allowed I'd gladly participate. Hit me up on AIM.

Slayn Cloak
Aug 17th, 2004, 03:00:52 PM
This is so amusing to me... What's the general idea for this rp? At this point I'm thinking Slayn would want to show everyone he's better than his father, and sunbsequently them as well. Regarding his apprentices, I mean. SLayn shares no bonds with either side of the force, simply uses what he can controll. He would however ally himself with LD or Gav if he got in on this. Thoes are about the only motives I can muster up without any idea direction the story is headed in.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 17th, 2004, 03:17:27 PM
LD and Gav are not in this RP.

Slayn Cloak
Aug 17th, 2004, 03:27:25 PM
:: cries ::

I think i'm useless then... I mean we can always work out a reason to be in it, maybe even some story element... but yeah. Talk to me on aim later.

Cardinal Aiyalin
Aug 17th, 2004, 08:05:48 PM
Actually.. Card was in the SCC briefly, I just got done rereading it.. Very good, I must say.

LD, keep us updated :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 17th, 2004, 08:32:14 PM
We've got the basic plot, and probably all positions filled. I started it in RPing, but it's the basic "PM if you've got an idea where you'd fit in, and we'll let ya if it fits the story."

Sorry Slayn, but we can talk about doing a different RP together if you'd like. And Jeseth was never in SCC, he just happened to be mentioned a few times because the DT character was his apprentice for a bit.

We've already got... five or six characters in it. The original SCC had about 10 characters, if not more. Of course, no one flaked out, and everything went together nicely.

The basic plot is: Arcan IV was liberated from the criminal element in SCC by a combination of ImpIntel, and New Republic Forces.

In SCC - Changing, Arcan IV is going to be thrown into civil war as political elements try to return to their criminal roots.

There's more, but I don't want to give it away. ;)

It works with a bunch of characters if everyone has a specific reason for being in the thread. A whole bunch of "oh well I was in the area and got stuck on the planet o hey" entries make for very cluttered RPs and make storytelling nearly impossible.

NR characters (military, political) would find a niche in this RP quickly.

Slayn Cloak
Aug 17th, 2004, 09:23:44 PM
:: cries :: Oh wel, I'll just read it and pretend...