PDA

View Full Version : Dark absorbtion?

Charley
Aug 12th, 2004, 07:10:43 PM
I am considering something for one of my characters (Darth Vader) to use as a force technique, and since I haven't seen anything like this, I'm running it by you guys.

I know there's such a thing as force absorbtion, where a Jedi/Sith/etc can draw the energy of another person's attack or whatever, and channel it.

Would it be at all possible for a Sith to rip the life force of an NPC (killing them), and be able to use that life force like somebody using Force Absorbtion would? Assume the Sith has to make physical contact with the NPC to do this, and that upon draining the energy, he has to expel it immediately (just like regular force absorbtion)

Questions/comments?

Pierce Tondry
Aug 12th, 2004, 07:46:01 PM
This falls within the guidelines Fig and I tossed up regarding energy, so I don't see why not.

Droo
Aug 12th, 2004, 07:59:42 PM
I quite like the idea and there exists in the EU and table top roleplaying games a Force power known as Life Drain which basically does what your suggesting en masse except that the energy is stored rather than expelled immediately afterwards. I think it was Palpatine during one of his reincarnations, he would very slowly, almost unnoticeably, drain the life energy of millions of people on a planet at once in order to keep him alive or repair his broken body. Something of that ilk anyway and what you're proposing; energy absorbed is expelled; makes far more sense. I think you should go for it.

Charley
Aug 12th, 2004, 08:47:53 PM
Excellent. Glad to see the support. :)

Figrin D'an
Aug 12th, 2004, 09:14:08 PM
:thumbup

Go for it.

Charley
Aug 12th, 2004, 09:21:40 PM
Another question:

Darth Vader often uses techniques that sacrifice cells in his own body to fuel his energy. I figured it would be something quite well rooted in the style of the Dark Side, and one that would have obvious consequences.

I've currently been RPing that Vader's body is racked by open sores and cancer, and I was wondering if it would make sense for him to do RP's in which he steals genetic material from other characters and uses a genetic recombinator to "plug the leaks in the dam" and offer temporary fixes to his deteriorating genetic structure.

There would be no real bonus from such an act. It simply serves as a way to "refuel" his body, and since he often derives energy from sacrificing his own life force, it would be a constant kind of upkeep. It also has the cosmetic side-effect of turning the clone into something that loses almost every aspect of its "human" look.

What about this?

Figrin D'an
Aug 12th, 2004, 09:29:20 PM
Seems reasonable. Palpy used genetic manipulation to keep himself alive (via clones), so I don't see a problem with this.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 13th, 2004, 12:27:01 AM
Sounds okay to me. :)

Slayn Cloak
Aug 13th, 2004, 12:38:12 AM
I use something similar with slayn all the time... it's his main attack. I don't see why you'd have to make contact, just dominate the persons mind. Ispecially on an NPC.

Charley
Aug 13th, 2004, 03:28:39 AM
Because it forces my character to do it on a one-at-a-time basis. Otherwise, who's to say he wouldn't tear the life force out of a dozen or so people at once, which would be quite an insane amount of power in one pull.

That, and it means that he has to use strategy in order to do it, such as distancing himself from the main fight at hand to find a victim suitable for such a thing.

Slayn Cloak
Aug 13th, 2004, 12:08:50 PM
I could never see someone doing that on a mass level, unless the " victems " where willing to contribute there energy.

: shrugs :

Sounds good to me.